Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tell us about your romantic experiences

This thread is more about romance and less about sex.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

there were

there were

it was love at FIRST sight!

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

I always LOVE the earrings and caftan dude's stuff when he posts, its makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

r3 really? I always found him lame.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

My hubby was a salesman, traveled one week in four. The first two months we lived together he was a bit laggard in his sales duties, and finally had to go out to earn his bread (I was unemployed at the time). He called me at 2 a.m. to tell me to hurry to the airport, he bought me a ticket because he couldn't stand to spend one night without me. So I went. Unfortunately, by the time I got there he regretted the action and expense. But it was a romantic fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

My most romantic experience was my career in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

"Unfortunately, by the time I got there he regretted the action and expense."

Why did he regret it?

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

Clearly, R7, you have never seen R5.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

There's a whole lot (I'm 59 and never give up)... but I'll tell you one that probably trumps the others.

Met Martin (an artist) in Ft Lauderdale FL, in early winter of '77. In those days the Marlin Beach Hotel and the beach in front was hot for gay men. After a week of so in Lauderdale he asked me to return up the coast (A1A!) to Cocoa Beach where he lived. We drove up one evening stopping in Melbourne where we had a big seafood feast. We got to his appartment in a small complex (very bohemian vibe) across A1A from the beach. He had a king size water bed (of course) and his art all over the place in his emaculate appartment as well as lots of what I will call Florida rustic furniture he built. We probably had a couple shots of Southern Comfort and took to the waterbed with the music from Last Tango in Paris playing (softly of course) on the stereo. I can remember that night, the smell, the sounds (waves on the beach) like it was last night. Martin was like a big blond stallion. Massive shoulders, arms, and chest from surfing every day (on those old big boards), blond and tan from the sun- and rather well known in FLA (for his art), living day to day on odd jobs, mostly rock concert production crews. Martin as a consumate artist- poetry, oils, water colors, collages; his style was sort of surreal, great detailed oils of things are not real.

I stayed just short of a year, played lots of tennis and worked (with Martin) for every major rock act passing though FLA as stage crew (Fleetwood Mac, Springstein, Earth Wind and Fire, Pink Floyd, Led Zeplin, the Eagles, etc.) He would often work one of the big spot lights and I would stadle it like a horse. Sometimes I was backstage sort or working like a gofer for the musicians. God did we have fun.

Those were magical times (and there was some drama), but we remained very close after I left. He passed away in the early 90s of HIV as did his lover at the time. I did what I could to help him out- mostly buying his art which of course I and a number of my friends treasure to this day.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

R9, the word "emaculate" does exist; it's apparently a transitive verb, meaning to clear of spots, stains or imperfections. But since you used it as an adjective, I'm reasonably sure that you meant "immaculate."

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

Yes I know and there are a number of other typos and misspells in my post as well- always are since I rarely proof them. So sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!