Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Monkey see, monkey do

Do you think children viewing violence on t.v. makes them want to act out violence in real life? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

Not so much acting out violent acts, as I think it desensitizes them where if a violent act occurs in front of them, they have little emotional reaction. Violence in some way is perceived as normal rational behavior.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

No

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

Isn't that the byline for Fox News?

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

I don't know if it "makes them want to act out violence," but I believe that there is material being broadcast that is inappropriate for children.

We are constantly bombarded with stimuli from an immense and ever-growing assortment of talents, motivations, and media.

I'm not suggesting that anyone other than a child's parent(s) should decide whether or not material is age-appropriate for their child, but all parents should try to be aware of what their child is watching.

There are many, many more *important* and *worthwhile* things that a child could be doing with his/her time to improve their intellect, rather than watching ANY movie or playing ANY video games.

Busy parents can easily fall into a pattern of using the TV to babysit their child.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

No, but I do think reading Datalounge makes one want to act out violence in real life.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

Children? If the parent isn't parenting them and just lets them absorb violent material? Yes.

Adults or teens who have been parented and taught the difference between right/wrong, real/imaginary? No. Not at all. They either weren't raised in a healthy environment or they're mentally ill or socially deviant if they decide to go out and kill people like the guy at Newtown.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

Racist DL again, equating Blacks with monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

Advertising works.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.