Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway Will Now Win The Oscar

She just won the SAG, so goes the Oscars. Sorry, Sally.

by Anonymousreply 7301/29/2013

Does look like a sure thing

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

Is there still time for me to cut my hair?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

Don't count your chickens...

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

I seriously thought her performance was SNL appropriate...it's total self-parody.

Of course the Academy will love it.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Not necessarily...

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

She started off striking the right tone, a nice hug for Sally, an only somewhat questionable quip about dental insurance...but by the time she started reminding everyone that she was in TWO FILMS this year - "I was also in The Dark Knight Rises!" - I began to feel ill. So calculated, she just had to give it that final push.

Not to mention, bragging about her representation in front of a room full of actors (and waitstaff) - "Today's Helpful Tip To Actors From Anne Hathaway: Good representation really puts you ahead of the curve! Hey! I'm AHEAD of all you guys! Did you hear that?!"

Pass the barf bag. Never mind, too late.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

If I can fight Holly Harper, Anne fucking Hathaway will be a breeze.

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

Her scene was the best part of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

R8, that's like being the best stool in a toilet bowl.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

LOL at r9!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

R6, is AnnE's mother a SAG member? She thanked her for voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

Well, at least her speech wasn't the intolerable contrived piece of shit that was her Golden Globes speech.

I find that the more she wants the Oscar, the less I want her to have it. The SAG speech made her seem a little more human so against my will I softened toward her a bit. Damn it all!

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

Hathaway and Field were both very good. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

Keep dreaming OP.

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2013

I think Miss AnnE has some mommy issues....like she wants to compete with her for everything

by Anonymousreply 1601/28/2013

"I will too win, because they like me, they really like me."

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2013

AnnE's mother was a part-time stage actress who understudied for Fantine years ago during a Les Mis national tour. AnnE has spoken of this many times. I think her mother has had some cameos in her movies too. AnnE's brother is also a theatre actor who studied drama in college (according to AnnE). This is not AnnE's gay brother I believe but another one.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2013

It must be frustrating for Sally Field but she already has two. There are so many actors who never win. I am okay with Anne Hathaway winning. Maybe then she will stop trying so hard. She has worked for years. The one that seems off to me is Jennifer Lawrence. 22 and an Oscar? Good luck with that investment!

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2013

Definitely! Just ask SAG winner Viola Davis!

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

Anne does not deserve it. If it weren't going to go to Sally, Jacki Weaver, or Helen Hunt would be more deserving winners than Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2013

Ann's mother and Blythe Danner would probably have a lot to talk about. Y'know, if Blythe ever joined a bus and truck tour of Les Mis and bothered to talk to an understudy.

by Anonymousreply 2201/28/2013

Viola Davis won the SAG award....I won the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2301/28/2013

I knew Hathaway was going to get the Oscar.

I couldn't believe how naive some of the DL posters were who thought her Globes speech about Sally Field would "hurt her".

by Anonymousreply 2401/28/2013

Sorry, but I thought Anne Hathaway was the weak link in Les Miseeables. Everything about the movie was wonderful. She was good, but doesn't deserve Best Supporting Actress.

Sally Field or Helen Hunt gets my vote.

by Anonymousreply 2501/28/2013

[quote]I knew Hathaway was going to get the Oscar.

Knew she was going to??? the Oscars have yet to be given.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2013

She may win but everybody will hate her because she whored herself so much around. Just like Natalie Portman's campaign for her underwhelming performance in that stupid Black Swan movie. Anyway I think Amy Adams should win the Oscar for her stupendous creepy performance in The Master.

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2013

Smug entitled bitches sometimes get served on Oscar night...Kate Hudson...Winona Ryder....

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2013

[quote]There are so many actors who never win.

Like me, apparently!

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2013

[quote]She may win but everybody will hate her because she whored herself so much around. Just like Natalie Portman's campaign for her underwhelming performance in that stupid Black Swan movie. Anyway I think Amy Adams should win the Oscar for her stupendous creepy performance in The Master.

You are so full of CRAP.

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2013

R30. Anne H. was good in Les Miserables--but not great. The other Les Miz actors were great.

In the supporting actress category, the Oscar should go to Sally Field or Amy Adams. For Anne's performance, the nomination is all she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2013

She was very good...but fun to hate.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2013

#27, I HATED Black Swan. Walked out towards the end because the ending was so predictable. What a dark, dreary movie.

Anne H was good in LM when she sang her swan song (swans again), I enjoyed the movie. Loved Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings.

Anne is awkward in the same whay Sally Field is. Both seem insecure about their frothy beginnings, both seem more childish and self-absorbed than serious.

I was surprised to see Sally in Lincoln, was unaware she was in it. It's, "oh, Sally in a period costume" but I soon forgot it was the Flying Nun. She was good.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

At least I already have TWO ... and mine are for LEADING ROLES, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

[quote]The other Les Miz actors were great.

Don't forget the little boy who played Gavroche... he's the John Gielgud of the 21st century!

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

R36 He's more like a modern-day Cousin Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

I brushed up on the Les Mis plot after I saw the movie. In the book the innkeepers had five kids, two boys and three girls. Eponine and the young boy Gavroche were siblings.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

I thought the little boy should have been nominated for supporting actor, rather than that little girl Quvenzhané Wallis.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2013

Why does she have such a bizarre first name, R39?

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

I don't know, r40.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

R40 To make Jean DuJardin's life a living hell.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

[quote]I thought the little boy should have been nominated for supporting actor, rather than that little girl Quvenzhané Wallis.

Are you kidding? The boy who played Gavroche sucked! He had a weird tone to his voice that always cracked, and his acting was wooden and stilted. The only reason why he resonates with audiences is because he's a child who gets shot. I cringed when I saw him on screen.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013

Blame the ugly haircut !

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2013

Ann won't win.

Helen Hunt, because she gives the most deserving performance of the five nominees;

Amy, who is overdue, and also the best thing about the Master. I agree, she was creepy;

or Jacki Weaver, who truly is what this category is all about: a supporting actress. She didn't overact, and her quiet performance was instrumental for SLP to work.

Unlike loud, showboating Ann.

Meanwhile, Sally Field's nomination is her award. She knows that herself.

If Ann truly wins, it'll be for 'most relentless campaign', and the Oscars' already damaged credibility will be tarnished even more.

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2013

Sorry, La Winslet still gets the medal for the most whore-ific award begging.

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2013

Les Miz was excruciating, an overblown musical badly directed. If any cast member deserves some kind of award, it's Eddie Redmayne. He gave the best vocal performance.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2013

Agreed, r46.

Winslet takes the top spot, after that comes Ann, then Melissa Leo, Portman, and Bullock.

Of those, only Leo was worthy of a win. And I believe she campaigned so hard because Winslet stole the Oscar that should have been hers (for 'Frozen River'). You can't blame her for trying the same thing, the next time around.

In any case, Winslet was more desperate, but Ann is more obnoxious and fake.

I loathe Ann much more than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2013

good luck with that Supporting Actress curse

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2013

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2013

She will win, this is not like Kate Hudson (who had only the golden globe, was a newcomer and was competing agaist another actress from her film). Hathaway and DDL are locks and Jennifer Lawrence is almost there (with Riva, the likely Bafta winner, as the spoiler).

And of course DLers didn't say anything but Anne received the biggest applause in that category after her clip.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2013

[quote]Helen Hunt, because she gives the most deserving performance of the five nominees;

Get off the crack.

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2013

Never cared for Helen's acting. She speaks to laid back when performing.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2013

R46 & R49, Winslet at least had 5 nominations under her belt before she went apeshit for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

Blind Item #1 - SAG Awards - Easy Easy This A list all movie actress was overheard telling one of her people in advance that "when she won" at the SAG Awards that she would do the "tears thing," and then at the Academy Awards do the "humbled thing," because she said she had to "keep it fresh each time so the audience doesn't get bored." When her person asked if the actress would change things up if someone else won at the SAG Awards our actress said that no one else would win because if she thought otherwise she would not have bothered to show up and would have got sick, "like that other girl."

by Anonymousreply 5701/28/2013

She's an imposition.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

CDAN is obviously unaware of my critically acclaimed guest appearance on "The Simpsons. "

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2013

R59, critically-acclaimed AND Emmy-winning guest appearance!

by Anonymousreply 6001/28/2013

That little boy who played Gavroche was one of the most annoying child actors of all time. He was almost at the hatefulness level of Leif Garrett's sister who played "Dodie" on "My Three Sons."

by Anonymousreply 6101/28/2013

It seemed like he was playing the Artful Dodger

by Anonymousreply 6201/28/2013

R54, Hunt's only competition that year was Judi Dench in Mrs. Brown - they weren't going to give it to Dench for some British TV movie that Harvey bought on the cheap. Hunt had the bigger budget picture and had won 4 Emmy Awards for Best Actress with 7 nominations and a slew of Golden Globe and Comedy awards. Plus she's been in the industry forever. It's not her fault it was a weak year. Calling her win a travesty is a bit harsh. We've grown to like her a bit around here.

by Anonymousreply 6301/28/2013

I hated the tone of his voice and the way it cracked.

by Anonymousreply 6401/28/2013

R63, AS GOOD AS IT GETS was also a big hit, made on a $50 million budget and went on to gross $148 stateside and $314 million total, so that was also a factor.

by Anonymousreply 6501/28/2013

#47 "If any cast member deserves some kind of award, it's Eddie Redmayne. He gave the best vocal performance. "

I agree. Most of the women sounded the same and the other men were not extraordinary. I saw LM on Broadway and was blown away by the voices. The movie, not at all. It seemed the same melody was repeated over and over without much diversity of vocal style. I enjoyed it anyway, for the spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 6601/28/2013

[quote]That little boy who played Gavroche was one of the most annoying child actors of all time. He was almost at the hatefulness level of Leif Garrett's sister who played "Dodie" on "My Three Sons."

Please, say you are joking! The little boy gave a wonderful performance, and his singing was brilliant. I actually cried at his death scene.

by Anonymousreply 6801/28/2013

[quote]Les Miz was excruciating, an overblown musical badly directed.

Everything in Les Mis was brilliant.

The whole cast should win Oscars.

Jackman was perfect. (Jaoquin sucks!)

Anne is unrivaled in any performance ever given anywhere.

Best picture for sure. No competition.

Hooper was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 6901/28/2013

[quote] [R54], Hunt's only competition that year was Judi Dench in Mrs. Brown - they weren't going to give it to Dench for some British TV movie that Harvey bought on the cheap. Hunt had the bigger budget picture and had won 4 Emmy Awards for Best Actress with 7 nominations and a slew of Golden Globe and Comedy awards. Plus she's been in the industry forever. It's not her fault it was a weak year. Calling her win a travesty is a bit harsh. We've grown to like her a bit around here.

Can I have some of what you're on?? Weak year? Helena Bonham-Carter in "Wings of The Dove"? Are you fucking crazy? The only weak link in the whole bunch was The Talking Forehead.

by Anonymousreply 7001/28/2013

I have to agree with R70; Helena in Wings of the Dove should have won. She's not a great actress but sometimes the role and the actor match up so perfectly...and this was one of those times. She'll never be that good again, she never was before. But gosh, she's great in it.

by Anonymousreply 7101/28/2013

AnnE Hatahway's FYC video (LOL):

by Anonymousreply 7201/29/2013

I loved HBC in The Wings of The Dove. But what she gained from that was a CAREER. She wasn't suddenly just going to win the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7301/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.