Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you prefer winter or summer?

I've always pretty much prefered winter. If you are cold heap on more layers of clothing. With summer, it's really hard to cool down.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013

Summer always seem to be so much pressure to do stuff and fit things in. I feel guilty for not being out "and enjoying the beautiful (hot as fuck) weather".

It's exhausting. I prefer April/May and Sept/October.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

Definitely summer. I'm a lot more active. I also tend to feel cold, so warm weather in the summer is always so nice.

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

In the past I've always said I prefer winter. I do enjoy being able to go to bed early due to the short periods of daylight. Then I realized I was using sleep to escape boredom and began to become more active. I enjoy going to Australia now that I prefer Summers. Currently I live spring and summer here in Australia and spring and summer in the US.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

Spring into Summer. Not even a close question for me. I love the warmth and the longer days. I hate the cold/dark of winter. It makes me feel like hibernating.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Hate Winter. HATE it.

Hate the cold. CAN'T STAND IT.

Hate the constant dark. Can't. Fucking. Stand. It.

WINTER SUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

I like four seasons but I am OVER this winter!

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

I wish it could be autumn all year.

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

I love experiencing four seasons, and am glad I live in a part of the country that has four seasons, but I'm NOT a winter person. Between the two, give me summer anytime.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

Winter. I can't stand hot weather and where I live, the summers basically start in early April and last through October and it's gotten even hotter than usual the last few years. I don't enjoy sweating and burning up.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

Summer, without the slightest hesitation.

Winter is dark, cold, gray, brown, negotiated with a zillion layers of unsexy clothes.

Summer is a tee shirt, shorts, and flip flops in brilliant sunshine and lovely colors.

Summer.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

Three out five people prefer the season when they were born.

Summer babies like warm weather, fall babies like nippier weather, and so on.

I was born when all the trees were budding out, azaleas in bloom, the air heavy with the scent from blooms all over.

Spring is my favorite time of year.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

If it snows but doesn't freeze, the Winter. If there's no humidity, the Summer.

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

Summer baby here. I prefer Spring and Summer, but autumn is beautiful too.

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

WINTER!!!

I am a true vampire, I don't like the long daylight hours of summer, nor the heat. Winter is the perfect season for me!

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

I prefer the one I'm not in.

When I'm freezing my ass off I dream of leafy summer evenings, and when I'm sweltering in the summer I dream of snapping cold walks through pine woods.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

[quote]Three out five people prefer the season when they were born.

Then I guess I'm in the 2 out of 5 that don't because I was born in the summer and I hate it!

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

Used to like winter, now I prefer summer. Winter is too dark, too cold, too long, too depressing....

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

I love winter sports. And I grew up in what's supposedly the coldest city on the planet. I'm used to the cold. So...winter.

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

Every summer, I start longing for winter a little sooner. Probably something to do with age and wanting a good rest.

During the winter, there's really nothing that has to be done outside, except for shoveling the walks - a 15-minute job, at most, and not all that frequent most years. Then, it's back inside to sit back and enjoy a book, cat snoozing on lap, hot chocolate within arm's reach. Bliss!

As for summer, with endless yard work, blistering heat, and the company of wasps and mosquitoes - bleah!

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

[quote]Winter is too dark, too cold, too long, too depressing....

well that explains the Norwegians right there.

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2013

Hate winter. Hate the dark days. HATE COLD WEATHER.

The sun has been out maybe five days since Christmas. I always bundle up and rush outside when it happens so I can get a bit of sunlight.

(I live in the deep south, and complain about freezing to death when temp. goes to...50 degrees.)

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

I prefer spring and fall to either of them.

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

Winter. Me, an upturned collar, a blizzard, a walk, my Ipod, Joni Mitchell singing Urge for Going.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

Winter. Absolutely - WINTER...!!!

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

I live in Florida. I think you know what my answer is.

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2013

Too bad you don't live in the Caribbean where it is WARM all year... no extreme heat of the summer or extreme cold of the winter. We only have wet and dry seasons and have to deal with lots of rain in the former and lots of sun in the latter. It is not as bad as summer in your countries, however.

by Anonymousreply 2601/27/2013

I don't like the cold so much.

by Anonymousreply 2701/27/2013

Late spring baby... prefer April, May and June (the old June, when it wouldn't get so blazing hot) and then late September, October and November.

I love a snow storm, though.

by Anonymousreply 2801/27/2013

This is why I live in the Bay Area. It's pretty much the same all year. But we do get to wear fabulous coats and sweaters in the winter months and there is a spring/summer. Fall not so much. 2-3 hours and you can be in snow. If that's what you want. Very little humidity.

IMHO best place on earth. At least where I've traveled as far as weather is concerned. I like Sydney too.

by Anonymousreply 2901/27/2013

Love Winter, but my favorite is Fall.

Summer sucks. I cannot stand heat and sunshine. When it gets into the 90's and above, I feel like I can't breathe. I do like the longer days but I so prefer the cold and wet winters. And I was born in July.

by Anonymousreply 3001/27/2013

I'm the opposite of r16: born in winter and I loathe it. I much prefer summer and the heat.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

Love the winter, every minute. I'm just more comfortable being a bit chilled

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

Born in December, but it's my second least favorite month. Dark, wet, and cold. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

I was born in Feb & I love winter, except that I hate Xmas & it takes up so much of the season -- so Jan & Feb are the best months.

Spring has nice weather, but it's leading up to Summer & I hate that because it's too hot.

Autumn would be good except for the impending doom of Xmas, which starts around Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

I'll tell you what I think I'll never get used to, and that's visiting out West in winter with the air so dry that it makes my nose bleed.

I was born and bred in high humidity (Deep South) and I guess my body just needs high humidity year 'round.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

Winter by far. I love beautiful boots and coats.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

Despise winter...no matter how much I wear I can never get truly warm.

Summer heat is like manna from heaven for me. I am energized and renewed.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

I like Spring/Autumn but specifically in May and September when the temperature is moderate and in the 70s (hopefully). The 70 degree range is a perfect temp for me. Warm enough to go out in a t-shirt but not so hot that you're sweating.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

Summer.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2013

Summer.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

Summer because I get to bust out my Abercrombie cargo shirts, Hollister t-shirts and Akua sandals. Oh, hell, I'm wearing all that now!

I don't mind either actually.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

When I lived in NYC I loved walking through Central Park in late afternoon into early evening. You practically have the place to yourself. And the seals.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

I live in the Northeast, so can't really hate either. Well, if I did, I would move.

I prefer summer and having longer days, more to do outside. The icy roads and sidewalks in winter make me nervous, as I've sustained injuries from car accidents and falls over the years.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.