Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Looks: Just how important is it to a relationship?

I've never been in a relationship so I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

Depends on the person, OP.

For some, looks are everything; yet blind people have relationships too.

For me, though I may be shallow, I have to have a good-looking boyfriend. Looks are how a relationship begins with me.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

if the earrings and caftans go together, why not?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

People who say they're not important are lying.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

Not as important as subject-verb agreement.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

But at the same time, R3, I have been in a situation where I fell for someone whom I initially thought was fug.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

It's moderately important. Personality takes precedence, though.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

50-50

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

As far as appearance is concerned, what a woman does with what she has is more important to me than natural good looks. I tend to be attracted to someone who takes care of herself and dresses well.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

Attraction to his cock is much more important.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

"may be shallow"? No R1, you ARE shallow, period.

They aren't usually important for me, but there are a few types that evoke bad memories, which is unfair I know, to penalize people because they resemble somebody I used to know, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

And you have the cheek to call me shallow, r10?

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

I have to feel a sense of attraction, even if they aren't gorgeous. I tend to look into people and see the interesting, or flawed features as attractive, though. But I'm shallow if you define not attracted to certain looks shallow (I'm not into the trashy look, nor into the impeccable look - I like regular-looking guys with big hearts).

Then, once I'm in love, it really doesn't matter what they look like, because I just love every single thing about them, even if I didn't feel that way in the beginning, and I love them more and more (assuming a good relationship, of course).

True love makes space for non-Hollywood looks, but you have to start with some kind of attraction.

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

"True love makes space for non-Hollywood looks, but you have to start with some kind of attraction."

I agree with this, r12!

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.