Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Princess Diana: Was she assassinated?

I keep hearing that she was assassinated for some reason. I have no idea why. Who here knows the deets on this??

by Anonymousreply 7502/08/2013

Dodi's dad is convinced that it was a palace inside job. He seems to think it was all Prince Philip's doing.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

Royals have been murdered for hundreds of years, why should the last twenty years be any different?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

That's for me to know and some busybody on the Internet to find out :P

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

Because her future father-in-law owned Harrods and realized that she would have bankrupted the joint.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Because "The Firm" had no intention of letting the mother of the future King of England have an open fling with the son of a man they found so loathsome they refused him citizenship despite his owning Harrod's.

When intel leaked that she was pregnant by Dodi, she was done for.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

Who still says "deets" in 2013?

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

[quote]I keep hearing that she was assassinated

When those voices in your head start talking to you, it's time to check in with your shrink.

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

The latest thinking is that Diana was assassinated by her sons. This is understandable, as William & Harry were tired of her getting all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

Maybe it was just an accident. We'll never know. But if she were still alive there would be major headaches for the royals. First of all Charles would probably not have been allowed to marry Camilla. The Church of England would not approve of it's future head being a divorcee with a living ex. Can you imagine how awkward the royal wedding would have been with Diana present? And what if Diana decided to marry Dodi, an Arab, and have children? Yes, it was much better that she "disappeared".

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

Oh please. Diana's death was an accident caused by a drunk driver excessively speeding trying to escape the paparazzi who endlessly hunted Diana.

She was not assassinated. It's so unfortunate that she's gone. Still the saddest public figure to have died much too soon.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

[quote]Maybe it was just an accident. We'll never know.

R9. Don't be an idiot. And Scotland Yard who investigated the car crash would disagree with you. It's unfortunate that Diana died, but we do know how it happened. It was car acciddent caused by a drunk driving the carry in which she was riding trying to escape the paprazzi chasing her.

As far as had she lived and Charles being unable to marry Camilla--so fucking what. The two of them tried to undermine Diana's marriage from the start. Their feelings don't account for much seeing they tried to destroy Diana.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

Scotland Yard investigated did they? There's a reason why the prisons are called "Her Majesty's..." so and so and the law courts too. The royal family is above the law in England. There is no way any of them would ever be found guilty of murder. Remember that this is a ruthless bunch of people who have stolen, murdered, pillaged and raped for thousands of years. They even changed their German surname after WW2 to hide the fact that they have more German blood in their veins than English. Keeping the "Firm" going is their only Raison d'être, no matter the cost. Diana should have been more savvy and read up on her history to see what happened to women who tried to betray the royal house of saxe-coburg-gotha in the past.

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

Supposedly Dodi broke up with his young, beautiful financee in Malibu when he realized he could have the famous Diana. The question is why the princess would choose such a loathsome playboy with a poor reputation, and a Moslem. Was it her intention to backstab the Royal Family? I'm surprised they didn't take steps faster to intervene in this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

If you think about it, this has to be an incredible inefficient and imprecise way to try to kill someone. They couldn't tell that the driver would be drinking, how fast he would drive, whether seat belts would be worn, how many other people would be about to witness it and so on. The conspiracy theory is nonsense. Time to let it go. If she'd been pushed off the side of a yacht in some remote place and drowned fair enough but this is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

Yep, she was offed for her landmine campaign work AND her relationship with a Fayed.

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2013

[quote]Dodi broke up with his young, beautiful financee in Malibu when he realized he could have the famous Diana.

It happened a few weeks before the accident. The fiancee got Gloria Allred to help her, and they held a press conference to warn Diana that Dodi was a creep.

After they died, the fiancee withdrew (she was a nice gal) but I am surprised I rarely hear this event mentioned in any of the Diana documentaries out there.

by Anonymousreply 1601/28/2013

I agree that it seems an unlikely inefficient method of assassination. But there remain details at which to raise an eyebrow.

Driver Henri Paul's links to MI6, the large unexplained deposits in his bank account, the strong possibility that his blood was switched to confirm intoxication.

Rogue MI6 man Tomlinson's observation that a dazzling bright light was in the repertoire of dirty tricks in the field, and had often been deployed.

These and other facts emerge in the watchable documentary (fronted by Keith Allen) recently linked on DL. The film focuses on the inquest; despite strong coercion from the judge, the jury took their time to return a verdict of unlawful killing.

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2013

I find it impossible to believe that Prince Philip could even get an outside line by himself on the palace phone, let alone mastermind a triple murder and a coverup within the span of the 3 weeks Diana and Dodi were even together.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2013

Agents of Camilla the Rotweiller rammed Diana's limo from behind. Philip - definitely the ringleader, both of Diana's sons are really his and he killed Diana before the scandal got out.

She was going to the press to tell the truth about Philip and that Charles was a secret gay. Diana's knew her Vagisil was being poisoned - she told this to Andrew Morton. MI6 coordinated it all and yes the boys knew. A vast conspiracy to stop Diana from converting to Islam, marrying Dodie and bearing his child.

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2013

No- Dodi's father maintained this in a pathetic attempt to obscure the fact that he surrounded the most famous woman in the world with second rate security- and on the night of her death night, second rate and drunk.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

R16, Thanks for your comment. Do you think that the Palace would have reacted to the lawsuit, even though Diana apparently did not?

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2013

How did people react to Diana's relationship with Dodi? Was it like when Jackie Kennedy married Ari Onassis?

by Anonymousreply 2201/28/2013

A documentary about the inquest into her death was made in 2011, called "Unlawful Killing", made by Keith Allen.

It detailed how the judge leading the inquest ignored key bits of evidence (such as Paul's strange blood results, and that NO paparazzi were in the vicinity of the car when it crashed). He also misdirected the jury. Also, key witnesses such as the French doctors who treated Diana were shielded by the French government and refused to attend the inquest on the grounds of "national security" interests.

Overall, it highlighted the anomalies about her death (why did it take an ambulance nearly 2 hours to get her to the nearest hospital?) and how the mainstream UK media refused to publish anything that even slightly deviated from the establishment narrative.

I would've liked to see "Unlawful Killing" at the cinema, where it was due to be released, or on DVD, but unfortunately it has been banned by the UK's censorship board following correspondence with Royal lawyers.I searched for it on Youtube and on torrent sites, but all links to it have been removed. Anytime someone puts up a new link to it, it's removed immediately.

I finally managed to find it online by searching Twitter....

by Anonymousreply 2301/28/2013

Just checked the DL thread ('The British Monarchy Must Go') in which the documentary was linked, and as of now it works.

by Anonymousreply 2401/28/2013

The hotel witnesses said the driver was not drunk,

by Anonymousreply 2501/28/2013

Are there any decent books that deal with the assassination/conspiracy angle?

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2013

[quote] Do you think that the Palace would have reacted to the lawsuit, even though Diana apparently did not?

Hard to say, r21. From what I know from The Queen, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2013

That "documentary" was financed by Fayed.

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2013

Murdered

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2013

It was murder, and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 3001/28/2013

She was murdered by that Rotweiller, I told you so!

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2013

Questions that need explaining...

What about the marks of strangulation on Diana?

Had Diana been raped at the scene?

Was she wearing a hijab at the time of the accident?

What happened to the baby?

Where are the pictures?

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2013

Never did anything important? Nonsense, r32. Diana worked diligently to have landmines banned and removed. She called attention to AIDs victims back when it was taboo to show compassion. Remember, this was back in the 1980s.

By doing such humanitarian work, Diana did lots of good,true, but such work caused lot of powerful people-people who make weapons- to lose a great deal of money. This in a country that has its monarchy above the law. Whose gonna investigate the royals, huh? Nobody would dare.

Diana had written a tell-all book that blew the cover off the royal family. The secrets were over, they were off their pedestal. She and Fergie made no friends in that bunch. Fergie did not romance a Muslim,however.

Now, add to all that the fact Diana was going to marry a Muslim, and maybe even have children by him. Imagine if one of them tried to make a claim to the throne. Or, gasp, sue the royal family for cash, land, or at least recognition. Such children would be at the very least a constant reminder of Diana and would be considered a problem and a source of on-going embarassment to the royals.

So, was it murder? Well, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, guess what. It's a duck!!

As for why she went for Dodi,well,he was quite the teddy bear. Maybe that was her type. He sure woulda been an improvement over that arrogant Prince Charles.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

I've always felt personally that yes, it's very likely she was murdered. As others have stated, there is a sort of tradition of such things happening.

R22, Barbara Cartland was Diana's step-grandmother and a high society celebutante in the post-war UK who stated on film during an interview that with regard to Diana and Dodi, the concerns about the relationship were not founded on matters of race or religion, but rather that her suitors were "not British."

Diana had a thing for exotic, brown men, IMO. Born in raised in whitebread England, who can blame her. She likely found white Anglo men to be utterly boring and lame.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

Well, r35, what were TPTB to do? They couldn't take her to the Tower of London and chop her head off. They couldn't have a firing squad shoot her. They couldn't lock her up in a convent. So, there was an "accident". Yeah, right. How convenient. It is difficult to believe that the restaurant would WILLINGLY give the driver of that car MORE alchohol knowing that he would be driving Princess Diana. Nope. Not an accident. That is what they would like us to believe. That is how it is being made to appear. England's rose was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

More like England's stinkweed, R37

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

Princess Diana was romantically involved with a Moslem, prior to Dodi, who was also a well-regarded and extremely caring doctor. Dodi had a bad rep as a playboy. Huge difference. While the former demonstrated true concern for Diana, the latter was a player. Sometimes girls, even wealthy ones, get easily fooled by false charm.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

Fayed can't accept that it happened as they sped away from his hotel in his car which was driven by one of his chauffeurs.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

R28 - and that changes what happened at the inquest how exactly?

It's not like established film producers are queuing up to finance something that accuses the UK legal system and the monarchy of being corrupt. The fact that the film was BANNED before it was even released in the UK should give you a bit of a clue as to how much the establishment doesn't want us plebs watching it and forming a different opinion to the one that was shoved down our throats at that time.

Here are some facts, which were established at the inquest despite pressure on the jury to say otherwise:

The Paparazzi had been shaken off and were nowhere near the car at the time it crashed.

Henri Paul's blood sample results were tampered with.

The French doctors refused to attend the inquest under the protection of the French government due to "national security" concerns.

It took nearly 3 hours for the ambulance to reach the hospital despite it being only minutes away.

The tunnel was hosed completely clean just a few hours after the crash, destroying any forensic evidence.

That's just for starters, but don't let the facts intrude on your critical thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

Though they surely don't lack malignity and ruthlessness - for some reasons I think the Royal Family is too dumb and incapable to plot stuff like this

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013

I think she wasn't the angel some naive queens make her out to be, but I have to say when I was woken up that morning by my Mum and told Princess Diana had died, my first, and I mean my immediate thought was 'I bet she was killed by the Queen'- and this was back when I wasn't particularly republican (was still in awe of Tony Bliar *spit*) and believed all the 'rubber stamp' crap I'd been taught by my A-Level politics textbooks.

It struck me as odd that was my first thought, but I've never forgot it. I'm not saying I'm psychic or anything stupid like that, but it is rather peculiar that was my first thought on the matter.

The thing I've noticed as I've grown older is that an awful lot of major event deaths are awfully convenient for those surrounding them. And when you look at the Royal history, and their now-revealed actually quite political role in things... it's awfully fortunate she died when she did.

Paul Burrell (sp?) is universally ridiculed as a crank and a chancer, but his line that the Queen is supposed to have said to him about their being 'forces at work in this country about which we have no idea' does sound plausible. Given what we are rapidly learning/seeing unfolding before our eyes (the biggest redistribution of wealth back to the upper end in modern history), it does make you wonder.

Ultimately though, I am kind of with the 'who gives a shit' line of thought because it was only Diana. It's not like she was Jesus. She played with fire and got her hands burned. You don't fuck with the Seat of Power™.

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2013

R44, That's what I could never understand about this whole scenario. Why would Diana get involved with such an unsavory character and playboy like Dodi, and it's not just the fact that he was a Moslem. Was she that naive regarding her position in life and with the Royal Family, despite being divorced?

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2013

I didn't have any suspects, but when she died, it felt to me as if she had been stolen.

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2013

yes, they planned and executed a murder by carefully ensuring a fatal car accident in the middle of one the worlds busiest cities while surrounded by photographers. She didn't die in the accident though, she died in hospital. Oh! and there was a survivor but luckily he remembers nothing.

It all went according to plan.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2013

It would have been so easy to stage a plane crash (she often flew in private jets), a boat explosion (blame it on terrorists)... so many things that would have GUARANTEED her death better than a car crash in the middle of Paris (one that she initially survived BTW).

..and if the royals REALLY had the power to off inconvenient people, Wallis Simpson and Captain Townsend would have met a similar demise.

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2013

R45, Diana wasn't bright. In fact that's being kind. If she had any intelligence it was the kind Madonna has i.e. self-promotion/ambition, and emotional. She WAS compassionate, but she was also devious.

Another reason for their to remove her was one everyone has forgotten. By the summer of 1997 she was regularly being papp'd and appearing in the gossip sections of crummy tabloids, often presented in a less-than-flattering light. In other words she was 'going off the rails' as far as the tabloids were concerned. Worse still, since the divorce she'd been drawing all the attention away from the Monarchy, and was setting herself up as some sort of alternative.

I think she may actually have been trying to bring down the Monarchy, far fetched as it seems- she was stupid enough to try it, and her popularity would have carried weight with the masses.

Anyway, click bang, what a hang.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2013

Yeah, Di was being chased by the paps in a car driven by a drunk, get over it. And Dr David Kelly killed himself by slashing his wrists. So what if there wasn't any blood? Or that he exposed the lies about WMD?

You tin foil hatters really need to stop questioning why these incidents were so convenient to the people in power. Get back to watching American Idol and the Kardashians and paying your taxes and stop bothering us with your questions.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2013

R48, maybe it was designed just to scare her and it went wrong? They might have assumed she'd be wearing a seatbelt, and the crash wouldn't be as bad, but the daft bint chose not to.

Just putting it out there.

Anyway, she's still dead and I'm off to bed.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2013

Another interesting fact - Dodi Fayed's mother was the sister of notorious arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.

I really can't imagine why Di being in a relationship with a Muslim with those family links would cause concern. Especially in the light of her anti-landmine campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2013

Because maybe the sex was mindblowing?

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2013

As Diana's death gets further away from today's generation, these stupid little conspiracy theories are utter nonsense.

I'm a huge Diana fan--and always have been, but she wasn't murdered. Her death was as a result of a car accident caused by the driver of the car, in which the driver was drunk and she was a passenger, sped out of control after entering a city tunnel in Paris. Just prior to the accident, Diana and Dodi were being pursued by the paprazzi.

And another thing, Diana was not going to marry Dodi. He might have been treating this romance seriously, but to Diana, it was a fling. As she told a friend, "I need another marriage like I need a rash."

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2013

That's what I recall about her relationship with Dodi r54. Neither one of them treated the relationship anything other than a casual thing. If I remember correctly, she was dating a couple of different men at the time. And Dodi wasn't really her type anyway. Not smart enough.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2013

If it was a casual fling, why were they planning on purchasing a house in Southern California,IIRC?

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

At first I thought she was assassinated, because I knew that Dodi nor Diana wouldn't have let there driver drive drug. That man was obviously set up.

When I saw footage of the driver and how he had to put his hand over his eyes to protect his eyes from the flash, I realized it was a tragic mistake and the French government refused to blame the papparazzi...so they set the driver up to take the fall. It was the papparazzi, just as George Clooney said it was.

by Anonymousreply 5701/28/2013

R45, you are obviously an ignorant fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

R56. "They" weren't purchasing anything together. Diana had looked at architectural plans for a Southern California home, but it was just specualtion and there were no formal plans for her to purchase anything...and certainly not to purchase anything with Dodi. And it wouldn't have been Diana's primary residence even if she was going to purchase a house. As the mother of the future king, London would still have been her base.

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2013

Favorite fact about Diana's death: after it happened, her stepgrandmother, Dame Barbara Cartland, called up a reporter to talk about Diana (they never got along, though Diana avidly read her books). Dame Barbara was in the beginning stages of dementia, and told the reporter, "Of course, you know where it all went wrong. She wouldn't do oral sex."

by Anonymousreply 6001/28/2013

My first reaction when I heard the news was also that she was "taken out."

Yes, it just could have been a car accident, but there are so many details that make you wonder.

This one "It took nearly 3 hours for the ambulance to reach the hospital despite it being only minutes away" stands out.

Did anyone see the Costa-Gavras movie "Z' (1970)? I saw it a few years ago, and thought of Diana. In the film

"On 22 May 1963, after speaking at an anti-nuclear rally in Salonika, the charismatic Greek deputy Grigoris Lambrakis was clubbed to death in the street. The conservative government described the event as "an unfortunate traffic accident," but following protests from the opposition leader, George Papandreou, a young examining magistrate was appointed to investigate the incident. Contrary to government expectations the magistrate refused to be manipulated and the intended cover-up became an embarrassing revelation: Lambrakis had been murdered by an extreme right-wing organization sanctioned by the authorities."

There is a part in the movie where he is taken to the hospital, but there are all these delays to get to the hospital, and he dies.

by Anonymousreply 6101/28/2013

R58, You are a vile excuse for a human being. Get a life and permanently remove yourself from DL; you missing a brain and a heart.

by Anonymousreply 6201/28/2013

[quote]This one "It took nearly 3 hours for the ambulance to reach the hospital despite it being only minutes away" stands out.

Because they treated her at the scene as she was not stable (and she had been impaled, very difficult to move someone) then they had to drive slow because they were unable to stabilize her.

Dodi had a pregnant girlfriend at the time of the accident. It's highly unlikely Diana was "in love" with him.

by Anonymousreply 6301/28/2013

R12, the named change happened in 1917, which is WW1, not WW2.

Bunch if royal families are descendants of house of saxe-coburg-gotha. Because of the anti German sentiment, the British royal changed their name to Windsor and the Belgium royal family changed to "van België" (Dutch) or "de Belgique" (French).

by Anonymousreply 6401/28/2013

Diana was killed as a result of a garden variety, happens-hundreds-of-times-every-day drunk driving accident.

Yes, I realize, for the sainted, mega-famous, beautiful Diana, that isn't exotic enough for you. It's so unsatisfying. So you, in an effort to give her death the ooomph you feel she deserves, expend energy nursing outlandish nonsense.

Have fun and carry on but please answer the following questions:

Why isn't real life, with all of its painful, colorful, sometimes joyful reality enough?

Why the need to embellish what is, because of her fame and because of the facts surrounding the cause of her death, already inherently notorious?

You should be glad Diana went out the way she did. She'll always be remembered young, when, otoh, if she were still alive she'd be old, a joke, and signing a deal for a reality show.

Sorry, my charming ignorami, but every monumental event doesn't have a monumental cause; most times its just, say, an intoxicated driver losing control of a vehicle, driving into a cement abutment with the rsulting effect of pulverizing its passengers thereby causing thier deaths.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 6501/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 6601/28/2013

People live vicariously through celebrities, people identified with Diana's vulnerabilities and the sense she was developing the power I think she secretly craved. She never looked better and it seemed like she was forging a life of her own, finally. When the fantasy was coldly snuffed and (shudder) "her Majesty" responded indifferently, the public wanted a more fitting ending to their fantasy.

Dominick Dunne was no stranger to the murderous ways of the wealthy and he thought there was more to the tale, maybe there is. If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to fear. Why not disclose everything?

by Anonymousreply 6701/29/2013

Shut the fuck up R32 and go throw yourself in front of an oncoming bus. So your family can say Who gives a shit!

by Anonymousreply 6801/29/2013

Oh, r68, you make me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 6901/29/2013

Diana was chosen as the Princess of Wales because she was meant to be a human sacrifice as ordered by the Illuminati in conjuction with the Monarchy and the Vatican. That's why Charles didn't marry the woman he loved and instead chose a virgin to create an heir. Right before the sacrifice an official portrait of Diana was taken wearing an Versace gown that had symbols of Illuminati sacrifice on it. Being a friend of Diana's, Versace suffered from remorse and was going to tell her about the gown he was forced to design for her, but the Illuminati activated Andrew Cunanan to silence him.

by Anonymousreply 7001/29/2013

R70, what role did Tuesday Weld have in all of this?

by Anonymousreply 7101/29/2013

[quote] but the Illuminati activated Andrew Cunanan to silence him

Bullshit.

It was Elton John.

Versace called him a "bald fatty" and that, as they say, was that.

That bitch will cut you.

by Anonymousreply 7202/01/2013

Fans of Princess Diana take voyage back in time on Queen Mary

Her admirers gather to hear the man who tended her tresses share memories. A portrait of innocence and decency emerges.

by Anonymousreply 7302/01/2013

Of course she was assasinated, everyone knows Prince Philip ordered the hit. But since he is Prince Philip he got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 7402/08/2013

It was an accident. A) because assassinations generally don't involve as much luck as the facts of Diana's death demand and B) if the House of Windsor was going to run around assassinating unsuitable women, they would have started well before 1997.

by Anonymousreply 7502/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.