Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ethan Hawke Hosts "Macbeth-Shakespeare Uncovered"

It premiered Friday on PBS. Did You watch it?

If you did, please write me a review.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 1102/05/2013

I watched and was not impressed. I'm counting on the fact that the NYT said that future episodes are better than Ethan's.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 101/27/2013

Thanks r1.

It's airing tonight in my region. I've nothing against Hawke, but still, just from what I saw of him in the promo, I wasn't impressed.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 201/27/2013

I watched and did not think it wsa bad, but nothing that interesting. It did not really offer anything new. The second episode about 12th Night was more interesting, partially because I knew less about that play and they had some nice clips of a young Vanessa Redgrave.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 301/27/2013

I am only upset because PBS blurred that hot dancer's nude scene.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 401/28/2013

Chapter 3 and 4 dealt with Shakespeare's history plays: Richard II (Derek Jacobi) and Henry VI and V (Jeremy Irons). Shakespeare basically immortalized a set of minor, 14th and 15th century English kings.

Sir Derek Jacobi believes that "Shakespeare's plays" were actually written by Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford. He's not the first or last to propose that theory.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 502/03/2013

The Hawke segment is not great, but interesting enough to watch. The one on the Henry plays is very good, and Tom Hiddleston (woof!)

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 602/03/2013

Most people get their English history from watching Shakespeare's plays.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 702/05/2013

Ehthan Hawke once farted next to me on a treadmill. It smelled like hot fries.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 802/05/2013

Poor Ethan didn't know that "murther" means "murder" in the original text...bless him.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 902/05/2013

Has Sir Derek has some work done on his face? A chemical peel maybe. It seemed taut, shiny, and red. For a 70-something year old, it looked pulled.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 1002/05/2013

R8, I remember when you wrote about that on DL several years ago on DL. After that, I couldn't see him without thinking of that, including when I watched his Shakespeare episode. See what an effect DL postings have on people.

by Hotspur's Dry Cleanerreply 1102/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.