Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Max Aaron

Finally, an American figure skater who camp jump. 255.0 national champion, twenty points higher than any American got on the Grand Prix circuit.

by Anonymousreply 4007/16/2013

I wish he'd wear his eyebrows natural, but congrats. Our former champ really bombed.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

He wasn't as good six months ago so let's hope this isn't a flash in the pan but a rising trajectory.

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

Even with its flaws, I'm glad the current points system can let someone pull up from 4th to 1st with a great free skate. It was much harder to do this with the old system (although it worked for Sarah Hughes in Salt Lake City in 2002).

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

I was so glad for him,and he's not so bad looking.

btw did he had a mini-boner at the beginning of the program?He kept adjusting and puting a hand over his crotch.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

He has crescent moon eyes and big birthing hips.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

It's a good start, OP, but it's important to mention that Nationals scores are inflated because each country likes to hype its own skaters. Canada does the same thing for Patrick Chan.

The true test will come at the world level when he will be matched up against skaters from other countries and won't just be marked by American judges.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

The free skate

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

She's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

So oil him up and play Turkish wrestler R5, geez.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

Awesome ass + big dick face makes momma moister than a snack cake!

by Anonymousreply 1001/29/2013

Oh look, the next Tim Goebel. Now with even less style!

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

He does have big biceps for a skater.

by Anonymousreply 1201/29/2013

For a single skater, R13 - not a pairs skater.

He's muscular compared to the other single guys, yes, but the male pairs skaters usually have bigger biceps than Max. This is because they have to do all the lifting of the women above their head during the pairs moves, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1301/30/2013

The Spanish skater will be tough to beat at Worlds.

Read that Evan L. is determined to master the quad before the Olympics next year. He's 27.

Jeremy Abbott said the right things about his two main rivals. He really looked dejected upon learning the final results. He too, is 27 yrs. old.

If Richard Dornbush stays healthy, he could rise to the top three by next year.

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2013

[quote]The Spanish skater will be tough to beat at Worlds.

For the American men, yes. Not necessarily for Patrick Chan of Canada or the men from Japan.

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2013

Didn't he already beat Chan in a major event? Also, didn't he win the European championships over some very tough competition, like Amodio? I read that quads were performed a lot at that one. And the japanese skaters are great, but the one who's been their top skater is older. They do have a few up and comers, so it will be interesting when all the skaters do their best to peak at the next Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

Has there been a Jewish-American before Max who has won the U.S. Men's Championship, or is he the first? FYI, Johnny Weir's claim of being a Jewish girl in Poland in a past life doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

How do we know Max Aaron is jewish?

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

I can't think of any

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

There's a Wikipedia page on this very subject.

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

Nathaniel Niles was probably the most important.

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

Oksana Baiul

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

Pics of his ass please. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

R22, that page is incomplete. It doesn't list Jewish pairs champion Dylan Moscovitch of Canada.

by Anonymousreply 2502/03/2013

The jewish papers are high on this guy; a claimant to jewish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 2602/03/2013

Link to the 'jewish papers' please, R27

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

He is not angry, anti-gay Jewish. He is very Johnny Weir supportive. Speaking out on Weirs behalf after winning the National title.

Actually all of the heterosexual male figure skaters currently in US competition seem to be strongly supporting their gay male counterparts, understanding that they are a big part of the sport.

Well in the USA at least.

I guess this is their way for giving the finger to Skate Canada off the ice. A very cool bunch of straight guys in the USFSA today. Kinda makes up for the dark and evil Scott Hamilton years.

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2013

Team USA just won the 2012-13 competitive seasons last Gold, the World Team Trophy in Japan.

Take that homophobic Skate Canada!

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2013

Apart from the incredible Max Aaron, I'm most looking forward to see Alexander Johnson next year. I hope he makes the Olympic team if Josh Farris or Jason Brown don't make it.

I'm on the wall on Dornbush. Both Miner, Abbott, Rippon are done for this quadrennial.

by Anonymousreply 3004/14/2013

Adam, Jason and Ross are family.

Richard Dornbush is more than welcome to cross over at anytime.

I have no opinion on Alexander Johnson or Josh Farris as I am not familiar with them.

by Anonymousreply 3104/14/2013

I'm very happy to hear about Ross. He seems like such a grounded young man. His reaction in the kiss and cry @ NHK Trophy was cute. He's good friends with Alex Shibutani(who is just a great human being).

Now Alexander gives a bit of a gay vibe to me. I want him quite deep in me!!!!

Speaking of Alex!

It all makes sense now...

by Anonymousreply 3204/14/2013

There is only two Olympic spots. If Evan comes back, the US men will be fighting for that one lone spot.

by Anonymousreply 3304/14/2013

Damn I forgot!

Who lost the third spot for the US? When Evan and Johnny left they left the US with three spots.

I bet it was Abbott!

by Anonymousreply 3404/14/2013

If you ever want to turn a male off women, force him to dance with his sister for a living... however, Alex Shibutani hangs with Scott "Chuck Norris" Moir far too much to be gay, unless he is deeply in the closet. Also I doubt the Moir family would allows their son to hang with a known homosexual lest he "infect" Scott.

The Moir Sisters (Alma and Carol - Aunt and Mom)) have a well known rep for championing such thinking (as does "The Mother Chan").

by Anonymousreply 3504/14/2013

Jeremy Abbott has the worst case of "over protective" Mom in American figure skating. It is not just his mother Allison, but the entire family, Gwen and father-Scott. Father Abbott has been actually quite low key.

The result is Jeremy does not know how to handle stress by himself. They think they are protecting him, but they are really preventing him from learning self dependance, in life and on the ice. This is why Jeremy always crashes when the big day comes, but does better on the little days. Now Jeremy Abbott is fighting the biology clock and nobody ever wins that fight for long or at all.

Max Arron has a an over protective Dad problem too. Not nearly as bod, but that could change if he starts winning internationally.

by Anonymousreply 3604/14/2013

Yes on Jeremy's mom! And I have called her on it. Actually she often times has bitchfights with certain people on twitter/forums/facebook. She needs to remain in the background, it's not her career for fucks sake.

She has turned her son into a big wimp. :(

r36

I don't think that holds true today. For the last year or so he has been spotted with Adam Rippon(bia Maia her sister) and Ross Miner more frequently. Actually, I would say both have been positive influences on him. Though I doubt a man like him needs any positive reinforcement, he just seems like a cool guy all around.

I don't know much about Moir's family, but I was under the impression that he was coming along very well on his own. What's the dirt on the Moir family?

by Anonymousreply 3704/14/2013

The Moir family hails from North London, Ontario (Ilderton). London, Ontario is well known as the most homophobic city in Canada.

Included in Londons long anti-gay history, their mayor (Haskell) had to be sued (and she lost) to allow a Gay flag to be put back up in downtown London. She publicly "spit" on the courts decision and then quit as Mayor and moved down to the USA, to work with the US Republican Party. Most of the towns people supported her against the courts decision, particularly in North London - where the loss of the decision was taken hard. (Northern London also has a large white supremacist contingent).

Skate Canada's "tough" campaign, which successfully flushed out all of the gay male skaters from the Canadian National Team in time for the 2010 Olympics (the majority of the mens singles team were gay before this), was heavily promoted by the Moir family and Patrick Chan parents. There are a lot of Moirs in Skate Canada. Only 2 Chans.

Because all of this was becoming externally observable (ABCs Diane Sawyer did a piece on it before the 2010 Olympics), they started to use a local London businessman as their proxy, Bill Borland. Also after this ABC News story broke, Skate Canada hired one of Canadas top Evangelical Communications people (Barb MaDonald) to defend against the gay community and complaints from Canada's LGBT rights organization, EGALE. This woman, Barb Macdonald, up until Skate Canada hired her, used to be in charge of Communications for an Evangelical group of organizations (OneWay - Elle Ministries) who promote a cure for homosexuality.

This is why Skate Canada makes so many people in the Gay community nervous, including their major sponsor, the Bank of Montreal, who left, after 15 years, with in months of Barb Macdonald being hired. The CEO of Skate Canada, William Thompson left last fall and their President of Skate Canada, Benoit Lavoie, announced he was leaving 1 month ago.

The Family Moir and Chan OWN Skate Canada now!

Here is a picture of Barb Macdonald and Scott Moir.

by Anonymousreply 3804/14/2013

Max Aaron did a Q&A today. Here is the link.

(As usual, the FSU re-posted the interview, minus the gay stuff)

by Anonymousreply 3907/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.