Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you want to be an actor?

Lately, I've been thinking that I no longer wish to be an actor. Sure you get kick-ass roles like Johnny Depp gets in the Pirates of the Carribean but you also get really crappy roles too. Now, I only want to make my own movies maybe become a producer hobbyist or hopefully someone will want to turn my novels into movies. Have you ever wished to be an actor?

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

There's a big difference between being an actor and being a movie star. It sounds like you're talking about the latter, OP.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

r1 what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

Is that a serious question, r1? One is the desire to bring a writer's words and a director's vision to artistic fruition, the other is about being rich and famous. There are many, many actors in the world and only a few dozen movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

No. I have stage fright, and the work of acting, the pretending to be another person, doesn't appeal at all.

In my movie-loving fever dreams I want to be a writer, or a set or costume designer, or a backdrop painter or model maker.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

I did want to be an actor/singer when I was younger but was afraid I would never make it big, or even successful enough to make a living so I became a stewardess instead :) I have regrets that I didn't t give it a shot now, even if for say 5 years to see if it would have worked out. Didn't really want to be a "star", just successful.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

Lou the Stew! You have a fan on DL.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Thanks R6 (blushing)

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.