Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you want to be an actor?

Lately, I've been thinking that I no longer wish to be an actor. Sure you get kick-ass roles like Johnny Depp gets in the Pirates of the Carribean but you also get really crappy roles too. Now, I only want to make my own movies maybe become a producer hobbyist or hopefully someone will want to turn my novels into movies. Have you ever wished to be an actor?

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

There's a big difference between being an actor and being a movie star. It sounds like you're talking about the latter, OP.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

r1 what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

Is that a serious question, r1? One is the desire to bring a writer's words and a director's vision to artistic fruition, the other is about being rich and famous. There are many, many actors in the world and only a few dozen movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

No. I have stage fright, and the work of acting, the pretending to be another person, doesn't appeal at all.

In my movie-loving fever dreams I want to be a writer, or a set or costume designer, or a backdrop painter or model maker.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

I did want to be an actor/singer when I was younger but was afraid I would never make it big, or even successful enough to make a living so I became a stewardess instead :) I have regrets that I didn't t give it a shot now, even if for say 5 years to see if it would have worked out. Didn't really want to be a "star", just successful.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

Lou the Stew! You have a fan on DL.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Thanks R6 (blushing)

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!