Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are you doing on your Birthday?

It's my Birthday coming up and while I am usually low-key about it (dinner and sometimes something 'special' like going ice skating), I can't be bothered to do something this year.

What are you doing on your Birthday? What was your favorite grown-up Birthday?

by swiss chickreply 3608/08/2014

Surprise anal.

by swiss chickreply 101/27/2013

Buying myself a big present and a cupcake.

by swiss chickreply 201/27/2013

Went to a spa. Always worth it.

by swiss chickreply 301/27/2013

When is your birthday, Swiss chick?

by swiss chickreply 401/27/2013

I take a big destination trip to somewhere I've never been before for birthdays ending with zero. I went to Istanbul for my 40th; my 50th is in 4 years and I haven't decided yet where I'll go. Maybe the Galapagos, maybe Hong Kong, maybe St. Petersburg.

by swiss chickreply 501/27/2013

Mine too! Feb 6 th

Best was 2 years ago a friend surprised me with a birthday weekend trip to LA. First time ever there... finally made it to Disneyland!

by swiss chickreply 601/27/2013

I'll be twenty-nine and my boyfriend is throwing me a "Last change to Trust..." Party, which is apparently a very old joke. He also is very old, almost 35.

by swiss chickreply 701/27/2013

Sunset Key for a five day weekend.

by swiss chickreply 801/27/2013

My birthday is coming up soon... just over a week from now actually (next weekend would be my "birthday weekend" since my birthday is in the first part of the following week.

So far, I have no plans. It's actually quite likely I'll just go to work as normal, come home, and sit in front of the TV.

by swiss chickreply 901/27/2013

My mom buys me cake for my birthday. Other than that nothing, really.

by swiss chickreply 1001/27/2013

[quote] When is your birthday, Swiss chick?

t's today (or yesterday where I am). I had a lovely birthday despite the crappy mood earlier this week. Slept in late, went ice skating, ate sushi an saw The Quartet with my gf and met with friends for a couple of drinks.

Despite this, I'm glad my next birthday is a year away.

by swiss chickreply 1102/02/2013

Saturday night before my birthday on Monday, and just as I predicted... doing nothing. No friends. No events. No parties. Nothing.

by swiss chickreply 1202/02/2013

Mine is Tuesday. The big 40 but I'll be at work busting my ass for the man! I may do an international trip with my kid later this year if my straight girlfriend who isn't straight around me (wink wink) can get away

by swiss chickreply 1302/02/2013

Hubby was 49 today...totally traumatized and insisted on doing NOTHING! yers ought to be a real humdinger!

by swiss chickreply 1402/02/2013

In recent years, my birthday always comes at a time when I'm involved in a number of art and music events so I don't have time for any celebration. One year, I was to meet a friend after his choir rehearsal. I got there a few minutes early to pick him up when suddenly this 30-voice choir sang "Happy Birthday" to me - beautiful harmony. That was a fantastic surprise.

When I was in the Navy, my birthday came on the first day ashore after 101 days at sea on a Persian Excursion. We were on a small island in the Indian Ocean. A Marine friend, knew it was my birthday so he and a bunch of Marines took me out to a club to celebrate. More than my birthday, I was celebrating the fact that every one of us had safely come back from the Gulf.

Other than those two events, I've never bothered to notice birthdays since leaving my teens behind.

by swiss chickreply 1502/03/2013

My 56th birthday is in May and I will be retiring.

by swiss chickreply 1602/03/2013

Congratulations, R56, & happy birthday! That's the best gift you can give yourself -- I did it when I was 58 & my only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. Have fun, for the rest of your life!

by swiss chickreply 1702/03/2013

Today is my birthday.

I went to work feeling exhausted, and the lack of energy and sleepiness never left all day. In fact, I think I'm going to go nap now that I'm home from work.

Work was a day of interruptions and "hurry up and wait" crises. I spent half the day with a splitting headache.

Two coworkers took me out for lunch, so that was nice.

But now I'm home, eating a pint of "Red Velvet Cake Ice-Cream" (Ben & Jerry's) because I had no party, no birthday cake, no ice-cream, so I stopped and bought this at a Wal-Greens on the way home.

One of my more pathetic birthdays, to be honest.

by swiss chickreply 1802/04/2013

Work, Fucking Work!!

by swiss chickreply 1902/04/2013

Seriously, what adult celebrates their birthday? Birthdays parties are for children. Sick. No wonder this country is going to hell.

by swiss chickreply 2002/04/2013

Happy Birthday, R18. I'm sorry it sucked so bad :-(

by swiss chickreply 2102/04/2013

On my special day, I prefer to stroll around Hell's Kitchen to shop for presents.

by swiss chickreply 2202/04/2013

R20 is the problem

by swiss chickreply 2402/05/2013

Going to New Orleans for a 4 day weekend !

by swiss chickreply 2502/05/2013

Happy belated Birthday, R18!

by swiss chickreply 2602/05/2013

My birthday is on a Monday. I will probably be working a 12-hour day. I will come home and eat something, go to sleep, and dream of my next paycheck.

by swiss chickreply 2702/10/2013

I can tell you my LEAST favorite ... the 40th surprise one my ex threw for me. I was completely miserable.

by swiss chickreply 2802/10/2013

My birthday is this Thursday, Valentines Day. Dad always said he couldn't figure how a devil like me was born on the day of love. It's also nice getting cards that combine the 2 events.

by swiss chickreply 2902/11/2013

Today is a day of evil memory.

by swiss chickreply 3002/11/2013

The last birthday I celebrated was my 11th. I refuse to even tell anyone when it is.

by swiss chickreply 3102/11/2013

I usually go out with friends to a nice restaurant. My Dad calls around 10 pm and tries not to cry because my Mom died the day before my birthday six years ago. I kill a bottle of chardonay and go to sleep.

by swiss chickreply 3208/10/2013

This year is solitary - a theater trip to NY and then Williamstown. Last year, I got back together with my hot but shitty ex, who ultimately decided we had a great sexual connection but should just be friends (request denied). I was adopted - birthdays are always best spent alone.

by swiss chickreply 3308/10/2013

What are you doing... the rest of your life? North and south and east and west of your life?

by swiss chickreply 3408/10/2013

Off to Sedona and the Grand Canyon with the bf, who has not seen either.

by swiss chickreply 3508/10/2013

My birthday is coming up in a few days and I would like to do SOMETHING halfway fun. I have no friends and not much money, so whatever I do will have to be on my own.

by swiss chickreply 3608/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!