Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's 11:30 a.m.

And I've already eaten all the calories I'm allowed today. It's gonna be a long fucking day.

by Dieterreply 2801/28/2013

Pretty stupid of you.

Weight watchers has all vegetables as free foods. Have some, in fact feast on them.

by Dieterreply 101/27/2013

I'd have to say that's a regular occurrence for me.

by Dieterreply 201/27/2013

Go for a walk or a hike and then go to a movie. Have some soup for dinner.

by Dieterreply 301/27/2013

Two questions:

(1) How many calories are you allowed?

(2) What did you eat to get to that limit by 11:30 a.m.?

by Dieterreply 401/27/2013

Give yourself about 500 calories to make it through the day OP. You can do it.

Chug water, eat some fruit and try to save the remainder of those calories for dinner tonight.

Don't give yourself an excuse for giving in. Wile your calorie list, mentally, and give yourself a count for the remainder of the day; you'll be glad you did come tomorrow.

by Dieterreply 501/27/2013

OP, I also are almost all my allotment for breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled w/butter and cheese and jalepenos, and four slices of bacon. Coffee with cream. So I'm done...

Will have a protein shake made with greek yogurt if I get hungry tonight.

Just know tomorrow you will wake up feeling proud of yourself if you don't give in, and with a flatter stomach!

by Dieterreply 601/27/2013

I'm in the same spot you are, OP. How many calories are you allotted for the day?

by Dieterreply 701/27/2013

You need OA, you're probably an emotional eater or stress eater.

I'm in OA, I love it, I go online only, best that way, there's 2 online places, one is The Recovery Group - google it, the other is on 12steps4COES, google that too.

My other advice is to eat popcorn for the rest of the day and chug water.

by Dieterreply 801/27/2013

Can you exercise to "earn" of the those calories back? I think some diet plans let you do that. You may still be over your limit for the day but not as much as if you didn't. Take comfort in the fact that having cheat day helps your metabolism stay in check.

by Dieterreply 901/27/2013

OP do not listen to R8. You don't need OA and you SURE as HELL don't need to munch on popcorn the rest of the day. It is super carby, will bloat you out by tomorrow, and will scrape up your a-hole.

by Dieterreply 1001/27/2013

What is a diet?

by Dieterreply 1101/27/2013

"Take comfort in the fact that having cheat day helps your metabolism stay in check."

How does that work again? I forget. I have a big audition next week, and I'm trying to drop some pounds by then, and I'm looking for half an excuse to have a cheat day somewhere in the next few days. My diet is pretty excruciating.

by Dieterreply 1201/27/2013

R9 here. If you vary your calories (including a higher calorie cheat day), it actually helps your metabolism to keep burning calories efficiently. I am too lazy to google the exact studies, but I have read a lot of studies that say eating the same calories each day can make your body less efficient at burning calories. The occasional high calorie day "shocks" your body and keeps your metabolism burning. Good luck on your audition!

by Dieterreply 1301/27/2013

Make a big pan of roasted veggies

brussel sprouts, butternut squash, caulifower

preheat oven to 400

halve sprouts, 1 inch chunks squash, caulifower into florets

put everything in a large bowl,drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil, toss with 2 tbsp chopped rosemary, sea salt, pepper.

place in large roasting pan(spray with pam)

cover with foil and bake for approx 30 min

remove foil and roast for another 15 or until sprouts appear slightly crisp

if you like the taste, drizzle a tbsp or two of maple syrup or lite syrup over the veggies after uncovering them, then roast the last 15 min

by Dieterreply 1401/27/2013

You didn't say what your daily calorie allotment was, OP. Actually it probably doesn't matter. What is more important is that you maintain blood your sugar level so your body does not shut down in famine mode and create profound cravings.

You need to eat something healthy every three or four hours even if it's only half an apple and an ounce of string cheese or a tablespoon of peanut butter.

This will give you the energy to keep moving, which is important. Moving will keep your metabolism elevated so you can burn fat.

by Dieterreply 1501/27/2013

500 calories? Staving yourself is not going to result in long term weight loss. That's just fad dieting.

by Dieterreply 1601/27/2013

R14 that is a pretty carb-y dish, subbing broccoli for one of those vegetables would make it healthier.

by Dieterreply 1701/27/2013

I think R5 has given you the very best advice here. If you've truly munched and eaten your way past your daily intake goal, set a caloric limit for the rest of the day. Go walk or find a treadmill and walk some of it off.

Doing that along with counting your calories for the rest of the day will help ou will feel SO much better and still feel like you've redeemed yourself for the most part.

Also, you have a lot of folks here giving you advice. Please don't go dark on them. Update us and let us know if you threw-in the towel today or jumped right back on the wagon.

by Dieterreply 1801/27/2013

500 calories extra (in addition to whatever he alloted for himself) was what R5 was suggesting, I think. Anyway, I can't imagine an adult living on just that amount. I think even in Auschwitz prisoners got about 900 or 1000, and they usually died from that unless they managed to wrangle scraps from the camp's black market.

by Dieterreply 1901/27/2013

Maybe a peanut and a pea.

by Dieterreply 2001/27/2013

Walk it off, OP. However, a regular walk on the treadmill for 1 mile only burns 100 calories. That's a lot of walking to do but munch on carrots and veggies, drink lots of water. Have a small snack every 5 hours consisting of a protein and a veggie the rest of the day.

by Dieterreply 2101/27/2013

It's just food. Don't obsess over it. You can always eat raw vegetables if you need something. Why make it difficult?

by Dieterreply 2201/27/2013

You people are old and boring.This site is dead.

by Dieterreply 2301/27/2013

I hate when that happens. Try drinking lots of water to fill up. Good luck with tomorrow!

by Dieterreply 2401/27/2013

Young people are all dieting R23. You are showing your age, let's be frank.

by Dieterreply 2501/27/2013

I'm not R23, but young people are not all dieting. I have no idea what world your living in but it ain't the real one R25.

by Dieterreply 2601/27/2013

The recommendation at R5 was for the OP to set an ADDITIONAL limit of about 500 for the remainder of the day.

Did you bother to read the thread?

by Dieterreply 2701/27/2013

I did read it. I said I thought that's what I thought he meant, that it was an addition. The Auschwitz diet part was to explain how his 500 calories couldn't possibly mean a per day limit.

I did read it.

by Dieterreply 2801/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!