Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I have a friend that was once a lesbian. S(he) now considers herself transgender and is on her (is) way to become male. S(he) remains with her partner who is a lesbian.

1. Is your partner no longer consider a lesbian since she is now in a relationship with a male? Is she now hetero?

2. Why call yourself transgender? You feel like you have always been male, and your on the way to become male, so just call yourself a male.

3. Were you ever a lesbian? You were attracted to females in your entire life, but you then realized your male. Therefore, you must be a hetero male.

So confusing...but I accept whatever as is.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

1, hard to know what to call the partner because, see 2,

2, 'transgender' because a wide-hipped 5'5 "man" with a vagina is not the same thing as a born male, even if he feels that way on the inside

3. Um yes, you just said the friend "was once a lesbian." So didn't you answer your own question?

You seem obsessed with putting people into boxes. Let it go and just be a good friend.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

OP,you and your friend communicate through the DL?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

This is why trans issues should not be lumped with gay issues.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

R3 is the voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Going for a new uncut penis

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Put 'em all on an island and let 'em figure it out!

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

One thing I often wondered : are F2M trans men attracted only to women? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

[quote] And that is it. If I was black and I said, "I feel like a white person inside," and bleached my skin and got surgery to look white, I'd be crucified.

No, you would be Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

No - warren beauty's transgender ftm kid Stephen is attracted to other men and considers self gay.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

Is transgender really a mental illness or just something that isn't well understood and hasn't really gained a lot of acceptance yet? Homosexuality was considered a mental illness and that way of thinking slowly changed, first with the medical/psychological community and then with greater society. Maybe attitudes toward the "T" will evolve the same way.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

I have a question. If an F2M gets the bottom half surgery, can they get an erection with their new penis?

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

They have to have a device implanted, but yes. That's called a phalloplasty. It's not too common because it's ugly and often without nervous sensation.

Metoidioplasty is a less invasive procedure with better results. They release the ligaments of the clitoris so it hangs lower. Many FTMs have that done and leave the hole in place - they enjoy it more after it's been masculinized, and they have an added small penis above it (best of both worlds?).

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

No one here should be judging another's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

Why are you guys so obsessed with these issues? You sound like my grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

ok now r14 is the voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

I've noticed a definite uptick in the number of FTMs but not MTFs. Anyone have a good explanation?

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

I'm wearing my green fedora

For Dora, for Dora

I'm wearing my green fedora

For Dora is the girl I love

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

[quote] Transgendered are mentally ill.

Please rot in hell. Or better yet, go back to 1955.

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

I have a close friend who was a soft-butch lesbian in college, then transitioned to stone butch and finally FTM. Now he considers himself a gay man and has been in a 10-year relationship with a guy.

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

r21, now that is queer!

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

DSM V has dropped Gender Identity Disorder in favor of the milder tone of Gender Dysphoria. The intent appears to be to make it less onerous, and that's a good thing. Best treatment involves rigorous screening out those who don't qualify (through psychotherapy and living for an extended time as the new gender) and medical treatment.

The TS / TG people I know are also some of the bravest people I know.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

The relationship Stephen Beatty has with a man is going to be much freer from role expectations than the relationship Kathleen Beatty would have had with a man. Also, I'm guessing that, at least in many cities, two cute preppie guys on a date are going to attract less attention than a cute preppie guy with a date with a butch woman who looks like a 14-year-old boy.

Chaz Bono appears to want all the prerogatives of the traditional male role. Beatty strikes me as a gender pioneer who wants to erase the difference between the sexes.

If gender has been a non-issue in your life,meaning you're more or less comfortable with what you've been programmed to do, it's very hard to understand this struggle. Beatty is a really good spokesman, though.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!