Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Transgender?

I have a friend that was once a lesbian. S(he) now considers herself transgender and is on her (is) way to become male. S(he) remains with her partner who is a lesbian.

Questions:

1. Is your partner no longer consider a lesbian since she is now in a relationship with a male? Is she now hetero?

2. Why call yourself transgender? You feel like you have always been male, and your on the way to become male, so just call yourself a male.

3. Were you ever a lesbian? You were attracted to females in your entire life, but you then realized your male. Therefore, you must be a hetero male.

So confusing...but I accept whatever as is.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

1, hard to know what to call the partner because, see 2,

2, 'transgender' because a wide-hipped 5'5 "man" with a vagina is not the same thing as a born male, even if he feels that way on the inside

3. Um yes, you just said the friend "was once a lesbian." So didn't you answer your own question?

You seem obsessed with putting people into boxes. Let it go and just be a good friend.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

OP,you and your friend communicate through the DL?

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

This is why trans issues should not be lumped with gay issues.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

R3 is the voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Going for a new uncut penis

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Put 'em all on an island and let 'em figure it out!

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

One thing I often wondered : are F2M trans men attracted only to women? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

[quote] And that is it. If I was black and I said, "I feel like a white person inside," and bleached my skin and got surgery to look white, I'd be crucified.

No, you would be Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

No - warren beauty's transgender ftm kid Stephen is attracted to other men and considers self gay.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

Is transgender really a mental illness or just something that isn't well understood and hasn't really gained a lot of acceptance yet? Homosexuality was considered a mental illness and that way of thinking slowly changed, first with the medical/psychological community and then with greater society. Maybe attitudes toward the "T" will evolve the same way.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

I have a question. If an F2M gets the bottom half surgery, can they get an erection with their new penis?

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

They have to have a device implanted, but yes. That's called a phalloplasty. It's not too common because it's ugly and often without nervous sensation.

Metoidioplasty is a less invasive procedure with better results. They release the ligaments of the clitoris so it hangs lower. Many FTMs have that done and leave the hole in place - they enjoy it more after it's been masculinized, and they have an added small penis above it (best of both worlds?).

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

No one here should be judging another's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

Why are you guys so obsessed with these issues? You sound like my grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

ok now r14 is the voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

I've noticed a definite uptick in the number of FTMs but not MTFs. Anyone have a good explanation?

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

I'm wearing my green fedora

For Dora, for Dora

I'm wearing my green fedora

For Dora is the girl I love

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

[quote] Transgendered are mentally ill.

Please rot in hell. Or better yet, go back to 1955.

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

I have a close friend who was a soft-butch lesbian in college, then transitioned to stone butch and finally FTM. Now he considers himself a gay man and has been in a 10-year relationship with a guy.

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

r21, now that is queer!

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

DSM V has dropped Gender Identity Disorder in favor of the milder tone of Gender Dysphoria. The intent appears to be to make it less onerous, and that's a good thing. Best treatment involves rigorous screening out those who don't qualify (through psychotherapy and living for an extended time as the new gender) and medical treatment.

The TS / TG people I know are also some of the bravest people I know.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

The relationship Stephen Beatty has with a man is going to be much freer from role expectations than the relationship Kathleen Beatty would have had with a man. Also, I'm guessing that, at least in many cities, two cute preppie guys on a date are going to attract less attention than a cute preppie guy with a date with a butch woman who looks like a 14-year-old boy.

Chaz Bono appears to want all the prerogatives of the traditional male role. Beatty strikes me as a gender pioneer who wants to erase the difference between the sexes.

If gender has been a non-issue in your life,meaning you're more or less comfortable with what you've been programmed to do, it's very hard to understand this struggle. Beatty is a really good spokesman, though.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.