Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sandy Hook and the United Way

Why did the United Way post a condolence page for the Sandy Hook victims THREE DAYS before the shooting?

by Anonymousreply 13101/29/2013

The United Way supports the Boy Scouts so don't give anything to the United Way

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

Sounds like a misconstruction of a Hurricane Sandy page.

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

They didn't

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

You're a ninny, OP.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Op knows nothing about internet and the way date-stamps work.

Moron.

Why are you posting this "truther" dribble on Datalounge, OP?

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

Because google date stamping is unreliable and this nonsense is based not on someone actually seeing the United Way putting up a website before the event but from a google time stamp.

But telling conspiracy theorists this will accomplish nothing because they will refuse to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

See, that's why it's not worth bothering with conspiracy theorists. You will believe anything that confirms your paranoid fantasies, no matter how little it is backed up with facts, but you set the bar extremely high on any evidence that refutes your theory.

So a google search seen AFTER the event is weightier evidence than the fact that Google admits now and has admitted in the past (see the article) that their time stamps are not all that accurate.

And to top it all off, you completely accept the ridiculous idea that the conspiracy would include the United Way in their conspiracy. The first rule of a conspiracy is to involve as few people as possible. Why would they include the United Way?

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

Debunked

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

Debunked

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

Debunked

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

I have a crazy conspiracy theorist friend who tried to say that the entire town was in on the conspiracy. I tried to explain to him in a clear, calm and rational way how unfeasible it would be for the US government to include an entire town in on a conspiracy and ensure the absolute silence of everyone involved but he just wouldn't listen.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

OP, don't make me come over there.

I snuffed-out Harvey Milk and I can do the same for you. Do you feel me?

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

You know, OP, the reason people like you just piss me off to no end is that my sister lives in Fairfield, knows the Pozners and is close friends with a woman whose daughter teaches at the school and who survived the shootings. Yup, there that day. Saw the carnage. Knows it was one insane, twisted fuck who carried them out.

You and people like you are, quite simply, cunts.

I pity you almost as much as I loathe you.

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2013

Thanks for taking the bait, r19.

HuffPo, Salon, The Atlantic...

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

r14/OP, no one said anything like that. More typical conspiracy theorist bullshit.

But are YOU saying no one went to the United Way website in the three days before the event? No one in those three days noticed this supposed plea for money for a tragedy that hadn't occurred yet and raised a red flag? Wouldn't someone have noticed that?

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

Snopes

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

More

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2013

r26, Google itself provided a concrete example of bad time-stamping. Why would there be hundreds of examples available? Why would they matter? In most cases no one would care, and in the rest they would be fixed before most people even know.

To accept the OP's version of things you have to believe that an enormous conspiracy involving thousands of people for some reason included the United Way who was so foolish that it put up a webpage soliciting donations before the event and no on noticed the webpage.

To accept the debunking argument you have to accept that Google has acknowledged a problem with time-stamping, as they did in the example provided, well before and completely unrelated to the event.

One view is plausible, the other is not. But believe whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 2701/27/2013

The reason why right wing nutjobs are proposing all these bizarre conspiracies is that they are trying to cover up their real conspiracy to take over America and sabotage its elections in perpetuity on 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 2901/27/2013

Hi, Ricky Ricardo! (R10)

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

OP, you asked a question. Are you so stupid you don't understand that when you ask a question you are asking for people to respond?

That you don't like their responses is your problem, not theirs.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

9-11 was a government conspiracy, a false-flag attack intended to make Americans angry enough to allow the government to take away their Constitutional right to own commercial airplanes.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

To make it clear to all and sundry that you're a malevolent idiot who parrots garbage.

The more important question - the one which really merits a good conversation the next time you meet with your therapist - is why you would post such crap when you know that there is a reasonable explanation for it.

You want attention. You want to stir up shit. You want to be "provocative".

Well, bully for you.

But, let's be clear, you want this attention because you are powerless in real life.

I know you. I know people like you.

And you're just sad little men.

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

r33, honey, when people own planes, they're no longer commercial.

So your theory is debunked!

(But it was a false-flag attack orchestrated by conspiracy theory big business interests who wanted to profit from the weak-minded people who believe it was a conspiracy theory promoted by the government. There were billions of dollars at stake. Alex Jones is the mastermind behind 9/11!)

by Anonymousreply 3501/27/2013

No the better question is why are YOU here op?

You proved you are a gullible, paranoid moron with this thread.

Are you a GAY gullible paranoid moron?

by Anonymousreply 3701/27/2013

This thread is an abomination.

What happened to those children in connecticut happened.

To question it in any way is the mark of stupidity and paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 3901/27/2013

Right. The people providing actual evidence are rude and crazy.

The conspiracy theorists are poor victims.

by Anonymousreply 4001/27/2013

The United Way has a Tardis.

by Anonymousreply 4301/27/2013

The difference, r42, is one side truly has actual evidence and the other side does not.

You may read whatever tone you want into that, but you also might expect people who have had friends affected by the tragedy might not be the most dispassionate.

by Anonymousreply 4401/27/2013

Stuff like this is why you can't talk about conspiracy theories that are more plausible.

by Anonymousreply 4601/27/2013

Love that crackpot video. It posits that since the police followed other leads, there was "evidence" of a second shooter. It posits that since there were news reports that similarly treated this as "evidence" of another shooter, there must be some sort of cover-up.

The fact is that the police often pursue leads that don't turn out. The fact is that witnesses typically get things wrong with any story that receives attention, or with any story that doesn't. Humans are fallible. Police follow leads that turn out not to yield anything. The press often gets things wrong. Anyone who's ever been personally involved with an event that's received media attention, knows that.

And when you consider this was a rapidly evolving story receiving immediate press attention, the chances of the press getting something wrong are multiplied exponentially.

The sad thing is that so many Americans can't think analytically and read shit like this and take it as true. They believe everything they read, that they want to believe.

As to the google discrepancy, google date discrepancies do happen. Not infrequently. And when you consider how many google results there are relating to Sandy Hook, it's not at all surprising that there were glitches.

by Anonymousreply 4701/27/2013

[quote]It makes you appear to be paranoid and ugly.

You know what's ugly?

"“We all saw how beautiful he was. He had thick, shiny hair, beautiful long eyelashes that rested on his cheeks. He looked like he was sleeping. But the reality of it was under the cloth he had covering his mouth there was no mouth left. His jaw was blown away. I just want people to know the ugliness of it so we don’t talk about it abstractly, like these little angels just went to heaven. No. They were butchered. They were brutalized. And that is what haunts me at night.”

So, yes, those of us who are two or three degrees of separation from the Pozner family and one or two degrees away from someone who witnessed the events think people like OP and his ilk are lowest of the low.

Easy to talk about it in the abstract.

Those aren't people to you. There little parts of your ridiculous theories.

And so I say again: fuck you.

You're an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 4801/27/2013

r48 is right.

Whoever you are, OP, you should be deeply ashamed of yourself for being stupid enough to even post such a thread.

Seriously.

How old are you?

What kind of education have you had?

Unless you're still in junior high there is no excuse for your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 4901/27/2013

[quote]But no one cares to answer the question as asked...making politicians of you all.

The question:

"Why did the United Way post a condolence page for the Sandy Hook victims THREE DAYS before the shooting?"

Our answer:

"It was not posted three days before."

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

The problem is you think this is politics when it's the story of the bodies of first-graders being ripped apart by multiple bullets fired by a madman.

There are many idiots who post on DL. Almost all of them are ignored.

You're a malicious idiot so you deserve to be called out on what a twisted fuck you are.

But, hey, you got the attention you crave.

Now go upstairs and ask Mom for a HotPocket.

Maybe she bought your favorite.

by Anonymousreply 5001/27/2013

Agree with R7 and R9 - as an IT professional, I can tell you that if you're looking for a time stamp on a search engine to be the last word in accuracy you would be very wrong.

If this article was about someone actually seeing this page three days before and alerting Sandy Hook Elementary, that would be a story. An errant time stamp is not.

Give it up, tinhats. Go make sure all those water glasses around your house are full.

by Anonymousreply 5101/27/2013

And I am saying, r42, is you are seeing something that isn't there. The pro-conspiracy side was the side that made fun of the grief of people with a "widdle" insult. Of course, this somehow doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 5201/27/2013

"Nobody is saying the children were not murdered"

Actually, yes, this is one of the conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook.

by Anonymousreply 5401/27/2013

I did not seen that theory raised in this thread, r54.

by Anonymousreply 5501/27/2013

Then you were not clicking on the links, r55.

by Anonymousreply 5701/27/2013

"...and the anger and insults continue."

Boo hoo hoo. Along with the anger and insults are points which none of the conspiracy theorists have even bothered to address. And the anger and insults have been provoked by the ridiculous and insulting positions of the conspiracists.

by Anonymousreply 5801/27/2013

[quote]...and the anger and insults continue.

Yes, because the trivialization of the brutal slaughter of children through the propagation of easily debunked conspiracy theorist propaganda should go unchallenged.

You want anger?

Go to Newtown and go door-to-door with your little theories.

Go do some firsthand research and publish your findings.

Clearly you are invested in your theories so you should go and investigate.

I think it is important when you have this strength of feeling on a subject that you interview those involved.

I could easily arrange for you to meet with some of the surviving teachers and maybe one or two of the parents. Or better yet, let's arrange a public forum in Newtown for folks like you so you can come and ask these probing questions.

You wouldn't have the balls to come within miles of that town.

Your unwillingness to defer to those with direct knowledge or to accept as given the accounts of hundreds of people just paints you as a willfully ignorant lower quartile thinker.

You cannot fix stupid. But you can call it out at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 5901/27/2013

hugs, r59. i am with you 100%.

by Anonymousreply 6001/27/2013

Sure, OP. Talk about whatever you want.

But don't cry and whine when people call you out for being an idiot and an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6301/27/2013

You clear your cookies frequently OP.

I think I know why.....

by Anonymousreply 6401/27/2013

In almost every one of your posts you whine something along the lines of "can't I pose a simple question" as if anyone said you could not...rather than respond to the actual point made.

by Anonymousreply 6601/27/2013

"And the cookie clearing thing is a myth"

Then why are so few posts of yours showing up on troll-dar?

Or is the government turning its attention onto the OP?

Tomorrow's Headline:

Morbidly obese man found dead in parent's basement.

by Anonymousreply 6701/27/2013

[quote]And the cookie clearing thing is a myth.

It is?

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2013

Wait. No, really.

It is?

by Anonymousreply 6901/27/2013

Wait. Now wait just a second.

Oh! I get it. Forget about the cookies.

Just post from different IP addresses.

That seems to work.

by Anonymousreply 7101/27/2013

[quote]by: You'll find me

Yeah, in a mental institution.

by Anonymousreply 7201/27/2013

R70 is a whole pile of crazy...

He is a "Faces of Death" type freako.

by Anonymousreply 7301/27/2013

tin hats on parade.

by Anonymousreply 7401/27/2013

You can pretty much see when someone has legitimately changed IP addresses if they switch to a mobile device or an office VPN or a different home network (I have cable and DSL back-up for work). You can use a VPN to mask IP addresses at will.

Troll-dar usually gives it away.

Someone who switches devices (PC to iPad, for example) isn't trying to hide anything (e.g., one set of posts chronologically from each device). But someone could just as easily switch devices/IP addresses as I did in r68, r69 and r72.

In fact, I could have posted each of my comments from a different IP address, changing my syntax and grammar each time.

And no one - except the webmaster, no doubt - would be any more the wiser.

It takes about 30 seconds to defeat troll-dar if you want to do it.

by Anonymousreply 7501/27/2013

[quote]This is a conspiracy thread is it not?

No, it's really an intervention for the mentally ill.

But judging by your post, we're failing miserably.

by Anonymousreply 7701/27/2013

I didn't realize you were part of a well-regulated militia, r76.

by Anonymousreply 7801/27/2013

check it how?

google and find equally crackpot conspiracy links?

by Anonymousreply 8101/27/2013

[quote]check all that I typed

Your typing is fine.

by Anonymousreply 8301/27/2013

" You will believe anything that confirms your paranoid fantasies, no matter how little it is backed up with facts, but you set the bar extremely high on any evidence that refutes your theory"

The above excerpt from R12 states it perfectly.

I will add, these people who believe this crap most likely have not spent 1/10th of the time monitoring the investments in their 401K, or exercising their bodies in or out of a gym.

by Anonymousreply 8401/27/2013

OP.

You've been debunked.

It's done.

Can you accept that and admit it? Yes or no. Simple question.

by Anonymousreply 8501/27/2013

[quote]These have been crackpot conspiracies for decades but most are coming to light as truth.

Which "crackpot conspiracies" do you include in this list?

Let's start here and just unravel the rest of your statements working backwards.

This is a good place to begin.

You say that most are coming to light as truth.

A simple list of the crackpot conspiracies and those that have been revealed as the truth.

Keep in mind that there are dozens...Philadelphia Experiment, Montauk, HAARP, tsunami bombs, chemtrail theories, Pan Am 103, TWA 800, New World Order, Columbine, 9/11, 7/7, Madrid, JFK, RFK, MLK, Ron Brown, John Lennon, the Clinton Body Count, Birtherism, Holocaust denial, Eurabia, Vril Society, DTV transition, AIDS denialists, Bokemian Grove, Trilateral Commission, Illuminati, Le Cercle, Tavistock, moon landing, KAL 007 ...

You'll come back with Northwoods and Gulf of Tonkin.

But crackpot?

No, you won't be able to show that "most" or even a substantial number have been proven true.

If anything, you simply cannot deny that the vast majority of these conspiracy theories are simply nonsense.

But, please, this should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 8601/27/2013

[quote]Look at all the press conferences and a complete lack of grieving or tears since you require some instruction on what to look at profound one.

Wow. This girl is some actress.

by Anonymousreply 8701/27/2013

Oh, the tedium.

by Anonymousreply 8801/27/2013

I happen to be a search engine expert, and I confirm what R9 said.

by Anonymousreply 8901/27/2013

You just know that "You'll Find Me" is furiously typing away as I type this.

Can't.

Wait.

by Anonymousreply 9001/27/2013

What did Nosferatu say about Sandy Hook?

by Anonymousreply 9101/27/2013

OP, you're a fucking libertarian asshat who's life is so vapid and miserable that you need to blame the government to make you feel superior.

People like you, OP, make everything WORSE and you deserve all the scorn you get here. I hope it makes you feel really lousy. You deserve nothing but the worst.

by Anonymousreply 9201/27/2013

Being stupid. REALLY stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9401/27/2013

OP - you're paranoid and insane. Seriously, get help.

by Anonymousreply 9601/27/2013

Call them "hookers"

by Anonymousreply 9801/27/2013

Again, OP: You've been debunked. Can you accept that? Yes or no.

by Anonymousreply 9901/27/2013

crazy and insane?

hardly.

by Anonymousreply 10101/27/2013

Fortunately for us all, you were debunked. Thanks for stopping by.

by Anonymousreply 10301/27/2013

So, HIV was patented in 1984 by Gallo?

by Anonymousreply 10401/27/2013

By nature you can't debunk a question. There is no statement being made to debunk. Yes HIV was patented by Gallo. Glad to see it's approaching common knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 10501/27/2013

Tetrasilver tetroxide inhibits HIV transmission according to the patent. It does not claim to cure AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 10601/27/2013

In 1984...NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR. Years, maybe decades after the first person carried the virus. Which makes it unlikely he created it, as the conspiracy theorists argue.

by Anonymousreply 10701/27/2013

Especially given that he stole it from Luc Montagnier and his team at the Institut Pasteur in France. There's a reason why Montagnier has a Nobel Prize and Gallo doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 10801/27/2013

The voice of the night,

Nice work. I do remember that controversy and I'm shocked that Gallo still has not received a Nobel yet.

by Anonymousreply 11001/27/2013

I see lots of things, conspiracy theorist. I see that you are a typical conspiracy theorist who knows just enough to misinterpret things like patent applications.

by Anonymousreply 11101/27/2013

You see lots of things huh? You just can't see the title of a patent application nor do you know anything about intellectual property. There are some people that know though. Some of us are pursuing our own patents for things that actually help people instead of assisting them in death. Don't talk about things you don't know about and if you can't read a patent just say so and somebody will be glad to narrate to you.

by Anonymousreply 11201/27/2013

There is something very, very wrong with you.

[quote]The patent for HIV is U.S. patent # 4,647,773. The patent for the cure is U.S. patent # 5,676,977.

#4,647,773 was filed on April 23, 1984 and granted on March 3, 1987 based on Gallo's research throughout the epidemic. It relates to the development of additional test, vaccines and treatments.

The patent refers to a method of reproducing the HIV-1 retrovirus from an already-infected individual. The patent says absolutely nothing about creating the pathogen.

Learn to read,

Re: 5,676,977, "Tetrasil (or Imusil) is a substance containing tetrasilver tetroxide. A patent held by Dr. Marvin S. Antelman claims that this simple chemical compound cures AIDS by electrocuting HIV. Dr. Antelman admits his approach to AIDS is non-conventional and he does not trust viral load tests: Accordingly we have patients who display viral load reduction and those that do not who are nevertheless cured of AIDS, he has said. Tetrasilver tetroxide is more commonly used for disinfecting swimming pools. After it was promoted as an AIDS cure in Zambia the government banned Tetrasil because it has no proven benefits for people living with HIV."

So there's another theory of yours shot to shit.

[quote]but there is no hope for the blind and ignorant. An apology should be in order after you read these patents, if indeed you are capable. Let me also remind you that part of the conditions of being granted a patent is that your invention has to do what it is intended to do or the patent is not granted.

The standard for patenting non-pharmaceutical medical treatments is low.

The study on which the patent application was based has been thoroughly debunked.

[quote]I would gladly keep going and show you most of the conspiracies you mentioned are in fact true

Keep going. I'll shoot you down point by point.

by Anonymousreply 11301/27/2013

thank you r113. good god this op is insane.

by Anonymousreply 11401/27/2013

Tetrasilver tetroxide is a pesticide.

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 11501/27/2013

More on the five-person "study" in Honduras which was used to substantiate the patent.

by Anonymousreply 11601/27/2013

Neem is also a pesticide and so is rosemary. Garlic is too for that matter. What is your point? If it will kill a virus, sure it will kill pests. You're coming from the stance that all pesticides are bad, which simply is not the case. There are natural insecticides and pesticides and silver is one of them. You can put a silver dollar (if indeed it is real silver) in your milk or water to keep it fresh longer. Sailors used to do that decades ago.

As for my AIDS patent friend, you can't shoot anything I submit to shit homie. You submitted something that explicitly tells they were curing people no matter the viral load.

"Accordingly we have patients who display viral load reduction and those that do not who are nevertheless cured of AIDS, he has said."

I suppose you are now going to tell me where AIDS really came from since the explanation I offered wasn't good enough. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

by Anonymousreply 11701/27/2013

[quote]I don't agree with the idea that OP is presenting, but its the rest of you that are coming off as crazy and insane

Come on now. There's a guy on here who thinks the moon landing was faked.

by Anonymousreply 11801/27/2013

[quote]"Accordingly we have patients who display viral load reduction and those that do not who are nevertheless cured of AIDS, he has said."

See links at r116 and above.

[quote]I suppose you are now going to tell me where AIDS really came from since the explanation I offered wasn't good enough. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

I don't know but it emerged many decades before Gallo's work. Lots of possible theories but we'll never know for sure. Most likely zoonosis.

But the patent you refer to makes absolutely no reference to the creation or origin of the pathogen.

You can read it over and over and over again but it does not change that fact.

But, look, you don't want to accept that these notions, which you parrot with such conviction, are wrong.

You are much too heavily invested in them to accept irrefutable facts.

But this is a good thing because it shines a bright light on the insanity which drives conspiracy theories and their cult-like believers.

And it underscores in a very strong and convincing manner how utterly ridiculous your claims regarding Newtown are.

And that was my goal. Just to let you throw enough out there to show that the emperor has no clothes.

I do not owe you an apology but I certainly owe you thanks.

by Anonymousreply 11901/27/2013

Damn

by Anonymousreply 12001/27/2013

Thanks for an interesting read people.

My humble opinion: there are most likely some conspiracies in the world -- but the slaughter of these children isn't one of hem.

But like Rahm said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste." So there are those using this opportunity to push their agendas through (enhanced gun control) while ignoring the mental health and "Really Stupid Mother" issues in this sad event.

Many conspiracy theorists make some nice change pushing books and websites that encourage the more gullible amongst us; don't forget that little detail.

by Anonymousreply 12101/27/2013

The PDF file about how to talk to kids about the shooting was created late night on Dec. 14th. So your theory's silly, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12201/28/2013

man...

by Anonymousreply 12301/28/2013

morning!

by Anonymousreply 12401/28/2013

WHET the OP?

Can only post on weekends?

by Anonymousreply 12501/28/2013

This is just the beginning. Pretty soon their gonna be knocking on you're door demanding your guns. Sandy Hooke was just a goverment plot to get hour guns!

by Anonymousreply 12601/28/2013

Parody post fail

by Anonymousreply 12701/28/2013

hardly. the op was not trying to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 12801/28/2013

Vile vile vile.

Father of Newtown victim heckled at hearing.

by Anonymousreply 12901/28/2013

r128, I meant r126

by Anonymousreply 13001/28/2013

Oh, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 13101/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.