Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Affleck: I was depressed after not getting Oscar nom

At least he's honest.

by Anonymousreply 6901/28/2013

Sick of this asshole.

Pro-CIA films should be shunned, not rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

We LOVE Ben! Now all he needs to do is take the DGA award and show up the Oscars for the tainted and flawed sideshow that it always has been.

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

What a self-obsessed idiot. "I was depressed...and then 12 hours later I won another award. And then at the weekend, two more..."

He's just chasing awards now. Not to mention, he already has an Oscar. He should STFU. It's not like the other Best Director nominees are unworthy - my gawd, Ang Lee? Michael Haneke? And he's in good company with Bigelow.

STFU already.

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2013

Envy much R3?

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Maybe he'll properly wipe his ass. It's so hairy and disgusting. I was in the same gym as him and he was taking a shower and he's like 84% hairy. The only hairless spot is his bald potato head.

But you could see his dingle berries for miles.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

It's disgusting that Haneke and that hack Affleck occupy the same category.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

I love how they feel they are entitled to Oscars - its not enough to do the work and get well paid and recognition, they have to get awards as well. Can one even remember who won 2 or 3 years ago ?

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

Phyllis Harper was raped and killed her rapist and now she will be sent to prison for the rest of her life.

She was raped by a lesbian when she was little and she just had enough when her next door neighbor raped her some thirty years later.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

The idea that Ben Affleck should get a nom at the expense of Haneke, Lee or Russell is preposterous.

He's a pedestrian director with an outsize ego, and I couldn't be happier that he was publicly humiliated.

And r2? Since when have the DGA been the 'main show' and the Oscars the 'side show'? Bwahaha.

I certainly can remember who won 2 or 3 years ago, r7: namely Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hooper. It's not difficult, because the Oscars are a big deal.

But I have no clue who won the DGA 2 or 3 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

Sorry R9 but 99 out of 100 people wouldn't be able to tell you who won last year's oscar for anything. Only a bunch of Queens with no life.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

Hey R7, the Oscars are merely a fashion show first and an awards show second.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

He may care, the unwashed masses don't give a flying fuck who won whenever.

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

No wonder he's been parading around non-stop with his children and wife. Where was he the years before? I thought Jennifer was a single parent until this year.

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

R5 has the juiciest gossip I've seen on this board in ages!

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

BA went downhill fast.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

"Argo" just won the PGA for Best Picture. So maybe the talk that it now has the momentum to win BP at the Oscars over "Lincoln" is true?

Nothing against the film (haven't seen it) but with all of the "oh poor Ben" talk in the media following the nominations, it now seems like the voters of all these awards (including the upcoming Oscars) will feel the need to "make it up" to Affleck as if his being overlooked by the Academy was a blatant, collective act of aggression against him by its members (and now everybody else who got nominated over him must pay the price for getting what he CLEARLY deserved to get instead of them).

Sounds ridiculous, yes, but that's what it smacks of.

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

Argo is definitely winning all of these awards because of the BD snub. Critics Choice and the Golden Globes were determined before the Oscar nominations, but I bet that if they had a week more of voting then SLP or Lincoln, the two academy favorites, would have won.

Lincoln is NOT the strong frontrunner that people once thought. I wouldn't even call it the favorite anymore. DDL is a lock but if the movie doesn't win the DGA or the SAG tonight then it's unlikely that it wins BP. Since Affleck didn't get the nom I can totally see SLP winning in the end (I think it will win the SAG tonight).

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

"No wonder he's been parading around non-stop with his children and wife"

They always do this. They've been in every kiddie park and Starbucks in the continental United States (no doubt bumping into Katie & Suri on occasion). He loves his picture taken but pretends he doesn't.

Does a multi-millionaire star really need to get his own groceries? Really?

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2013

Brando scoffed at Oscars. There really is a difference between actors and movie stars. And, Affleck is a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

R3 I agree with you. He should be happy he even has one Oscar, and now he's crying because he wants another? You're right - he doesn't care about making movies, he just wants the awards and recognition (aka a famewhore).

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

Actors and even directors who campaign for awards, trinkets really, are like the grade grubbers in junior high.

The Afflecks are famous, worth more than 100 million, have 3 healthy kids, etc. and they want more more more.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

SAG Award. Ben is unstoppable! Suck it up Datalounge haters!

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

I would be more than happy to console him whenever he's depressed.

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2013

Can't wait to see the smug look on Ben's face when he picks up the Best Picture Oscar. Making them look like fools for snubbing him in the Director's category.

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2013

I didn't go to the movie because I didn't like how it played around with the facts. Agree that he should not be in the same category as Haneke

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2013

[quote]Brando scoffed at Oscars. There really is a difference between actors and movie stars. And, Affleck is a movie star.

Only late in his the beginning Brando was quite happy to win see link

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2013

Streep Turd, you big silly! "I remember who won the Oscar 2 or 3 years ago, Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hooper, but I have no idea who won the DGA two or three years ago!"

Yeah, right. You know very well it was the same two people, Bigelow and Hooper.

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2013

Why are so many queens so into the awards shows? It's just a publicity stunt invented some 50 years ago!

How is that going to help you 20 years from now when you can recall like an idiot savant what actress wore what dress for what show in 2013.

Get a life girls really, your worse then straight guys and the supper bowl. Which I also think is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3001/28/2013

He was cheating on Jennifer and the marriage was nearly over, but then she got knocked up again.

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2013

He is a friend of our community, cut him some slack boys.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2013

Yes, but we're not a friend of his community, r33. Cut us some slack.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

Good Will Hunting was an awesome movie. R32. It has a great twist in it. Maybe you are not worldly enough to have met people like that but I have.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

[quote] your worse then straight guys and the supper bowl.

Those straight men really don't shut up about supper.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

Ah, Goodwill Hunting and its brilliant screenplay, which featured lines like:

Do you like apples? Well I got her number. How do you like them apples!

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

It's all the usual Datalounge bitter envy at someone attractive who has happened to achieve a great deal of success. His three directorial outings have been critically praised. It's only the losers on Datalounge that can't cope with another's success. Be happy for him. What horrible bitter people you must be to deal with on a daily basis. I presume you all have no friends.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

r30=is self-hating...stop with the girls and the queens talk.

and no one has mentioned what dress someone wore...People are interested in film.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2013

r38, what if we have friends, and just dislike looks trumping quality?

Warren Beatty, Redford, Kevin Costner, Ben Affleck all were "praised", and rashly every time.

For none of them went on to become great directors. Their so-called talent was exhausted pretty quickly.

Maybe some of us take issue with superficiality?

It's you who sucks for defending someone as lame and famewhory as Ben fucking Affleck.

Michael Haneke is the one who got the real critics' praise this year, sweeping most of their prizes across the country AND the globe.

The Golden Globes/SAG/PGA are firmly outside this credible circle; they do nothing but fellate their 'stahs', so that they'll show up to their respective ceremonies.

The SAGs are a joke, really. Nicole Kidman nominated for her stunt acting turn in Paper Boy? Bwahaha.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

I agree with R33. Affleck's a friend of our community. He's a good liberal who is serious and knowledgeable about politics.

He's grown on me over the years. His acting has improved and I've liked all three of his movies as a director.

It wouldn't kill us to lighten up on this guy, Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

r41, it wouldn't kill us to accept there are more worthy directors out there.

In a year where Haneke gives us 'Amour', there should be no talk of Ben Affleck.

No buts about it.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

tell yourself that all you want r44

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2013

No, r44, it means you're a little fascist.

People are only acceptable to you if they act the way you want them to act.

You're a brownshirt.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2013

r44/r46, the good thing about message boards in general, and DL in particular, is that we can post and opine as much as we want - about virtually ANY topic. All day long! And no freakshow such as you can stop us.

Yes, free speech is a drag.

Now let me see if I can remember what dress Lee Grant wore when she won her Oscar for Shampoo, back in 1976...

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2013

Ben: "I'm still depressed after winning a SAG Award and the PGA. BAFTA has even nominated me for Besr Actor! But, oh, it's still all so depressing!"

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2013

Babble all you want about Shampoo R48. No one said you don't have the right, just that is was tired.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2013

you 'prefer not to hang out with girls', yet you address someone as 'dear'?

Do straight guys address each other as 'dear'?

Poor sod..

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2013

He just needs to make another condomleak with his stick. That will make him feel like a real straight man.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2013

no one really does know who won the Oscar two and three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2013

Never said I was straight R51. That is your sad stereotype projection onto a guy that chooses not to waste time watching glamor shots or The Kardashians.

Apparently in your world, you are not gay if you dont like fashion shows or movie starts.

Hang out with butch guys much? I though not.

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2013

r54, if you address someone as 'dear', then you are a 'girl' yourself.

Get that through your thick skull.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2013

I read some article listing him as one of those directors who's "overdue" for an Oscar. I found it laughable. How many films has he directed that they consider him "overdue?"

I mean. Scorcese was "overdue" when he finally won his Oscar. Affleck is not. He's a good story teller. But he is not "overdue" for recognition. He needs to thank his handlers because they are soing an amazing job of selling Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

His movies are ok, but they are average. They are not amazing or innovative.

by Anonymousreply 5701/28/2013

R48, she wore a white dress with white ribbons and maybe a little baby's breath in her hair. I read that in the Inside Oscar book years ago that it was an old wedding dress she found in a thrift store. The song the orchestra played as she walked up to the podium was "Wouldn't It Be Nice". The two who presented the award were Madeline Kahn and Joel Grey.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

Thank you, r58 !!!

*Kisses* to you, for doing the right thing.

Where is the girl-hating poster, who'll address us as 'dear' any minute now?

Come back, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2013

This thread is filled with disgusting troll posts.

I just want to say, no matter how much success a person enjoys,no matter what he has accomplished, when you get the highest award you can receive, from the industry to which you have dedicated your life, and that award comes from your peers, who actually vote for you, then that is a wonderful thing, it's a crowning achievement.

So yes, he wants it. I think I'd like to see him do more films before he nails a best director award. But when you look at the acclaim and popularity of guys like Clint Eastwood or Ron Howard, then yes, Affleck belo0ngs in the awards season discussion. Personally, I loved The Town. I enjoyed Argo. They were both enormously entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 6101/28/2013

Uh, r61? Who said Clint Eastwood and Ron Howard should ever be included in any awards' discussion?

Ben Affleck firmly belongs with the People's Choice awards, and so do pedestrian viewers such as you.

by Anonymousreply 6201/28/2013

Yeah, that is where Ben Affleck, Clint Eastwood and Ron Howard belong People's Choice average dumb stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6301/28/2013

Gossips, gossips, please..calm down!

I want to hear more about from r5! Hey, some guys out there like a furry backside, manscaping be damned!

by Anonymousreply 6401/28/2013

What are 'dingleberries' r5? And if Ben has them , they can't be all bad....

by Anonymousreply 6501/28/2013

He was depressed because he knew Jennifer was going to beat his ass. She is Hollywood's Lady MacBeth.

by Anonymousreply 6601/28/2013

DL just hates people who win things - Anne Hathaway, now Ben Affleck. He's made three nearly perfect movie, and now that he's getting recognition, he's a hack. Try onto bee so subtle bout our insecurities DL, geez.

That said, I'm rooting for Silver Linings Playbook.

by Anonymousreply 6801/28/2013

drunk then...drunk now

by Anonymousreply 6901/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!