Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bond Actors Rumored To Appear In 50 Year Franchise Tribute on Oscar Telecast

Producers behind the 2013 Academy Awards are reportedly set to mark the 50th anniversary of the JAMES BOND film franchise by bringing together all six 007 stars from SIR SEAN CONNERY to DANIEL CRAIG for the first time.

Industry rumors suggest show bosses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are planning a spectacular tribute to the superspy series for Hollywood's big night - and it will include appearances from reclusive Connery, George Lazenby, Sir Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and current action star Craig, who will all step onstage as soul sensation Adele performs her Bond theme tune Skyfall.

If the reports are true, it will be a huge coup for the Academy - 82-year-old Connery, the first ever Bond actor, vowed to retire from public appearances in 2011 and has largely remained out of the spotlight ever since.

Meanwhile, the 85th Academy Awards will also feature a special celebration of movie musicals of the past decade, with Chicago, Dreamgirls and the Oscar-nominated Les Miserables being showcased during the 24 February (13)

by Miareply 702/18/2013

Woody Allen played Bond. David Niven played Bond. Barry Nelson played Bond.

by Miareply 101/27/2013

by Miareply 201/28/2013

R1 Well, two of those guys are dead.

by Miareply 301/28/2013

Wouldn't one of the James Bonds have to stay in a secure bunker of undisclosed location? I mean, just in the awful event of a world-class villain (Persian cat in lap) launching a missile attack on the awards ceremony...

by Miareply 401/28/2013

Let's not hype Sean Connery too much, he rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange a few months ago.

by Miareply 501/28/2013

Pierce Brosnan has hinted to TMZ that he may be the missing one:

by Miareply 602/18/2013

I randomly saw Sean Connery leading a troupe of bag-pipers through Central Park a couple of years ago, all kilted up. I don't think I was hallucinating.

by Miareply 702/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.