Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cissy Houston's book on Whitney ....

... sounds like it's going to be a white washed, sanitized version. Seems like Cissy didn't really know what the hell was going on in Whitney's life and kept her head buried in the sand. Just another effort to cash a check.

At least she apparently acknowledges that Robin was gay, if not Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2013

She is an extremely religious person, a choir master of some church where she lives. She passed that onto Whitney. I always thought her religious believes and thinking -everything is Gods will- was the most important reason Whitney could not get off drugs. Yeah the book is probably a cash-in opportunity for Cissy. This family will do anything for money. Remember when Dionne did commercials for the psychic friends network. All these overly religious people usually are very hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2013

fuck her

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2013

You assume she was part of Whitney's real life.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2013

Regret she lost her daughter such a stupid, public way, but I don't have any use for Cissy Houston.

She needs to learn from her mistakes and keep a good eye on her granddaughter -- that's what she ought to be doing for her remaining days.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

Whitney was gay

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

She loved glass pipes and sweeeeeet pussy

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

Why the hate on Cissy ? Of course she's not going to reveal the absolute truth. She's still trying to retain a tiny bit of Whitney's dignity, and legacy - and, no mother wants to acknowledge their daughter's a crackhead, famous, or not. The years of waste, and filth - addiction is a killer.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

Cissy told the Today Show there were other women besides Robyn Whitney had. Whitney was gay

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

Wouldn't it be great to hear from Bobby Brown about Whitney's women? What did he know and when?

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

I'm not going to go after Cissy Houston for the mess that Whitney Huston was, or writing about her daughter. I'm sure she has had more than her share of heartbreak over her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

She doesn't blame Bobby Brown at all. That is what she said this AM on Today.

She said Whitney was responsible for her own decisions.

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

OMG, did anyone else see the interview Cissy did with Oprah? Mother Houston said that she did/would not condone Whitney's being a lesbian, and was not happy about it. I know it is fucked up beyond belief, but her something about her honesty was very moving. She left nothing unaddressed. So many lies have been told about Whitney, Im glad Cissy has stopped denying Whitney's sexuality, at the very least.

Whitney's brother Michael looks like he tortures himself daily for introducing her to crack, very sad. This is the most honest interview about Whitney Houston's life Ive seen, and will probably remain that.

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

[quote]She doesn't blame Bobby Brown at all.

Cissy keeps contradicting herself. She says she doesn't blame him, yet in the Oprah interview, she said she didn't like him and didn't think he was good for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

r14 Cissy emphasized several times that Whitney was a grown woman who made her own decisions. That's why she doesnt blame Bobby for her addiction, and she shouldn't because she was an addict before they met. Cissy doesnt like Bobby because he just exacerbated the problems she already had.

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

[quote]Cissy doesnt like Bobby because he just exacerbated the problems she already had.

That was my point. She obviously thought he would make an already bad situation worse, therefore she's contradicting herself. If she felt he had no influence over her, why would she not like him so much?

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

R13 It is very sad that Cissy said that. She had a small but very dedicated gay following in NYC in the late seventies, early eighties. And from many accounts, she was not prejudiced at all. Some of her best friends were gay men (Paul Jabara, Luther Vandross).

What is with people who have no problem being friends with gay people but freak out if their kid might be one? To think how Whitney would have turned out had she been free to be who she was? Was it worth staying in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

[quote] What is with people who have no problem being friends with gay people but freak out if their kid might be one?

When Cher found Chaz was a lesbian, she threw her out of the house!

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

Good question, R18.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

[quote]To think how Whitney would have turned out had she been free to be who she was? Was it worth staying in the closet?

I think that is the question Cissy is going to ask herself for the rest of her life.

I never liked Cissy before this, but now I have some respect for her. It takes huge, huge balls for her to say publicly that she sometimes questioned if Whitney really, truly loved her as much as other people told her she did. Its heartbreaking for her to be left in her old age still not knowing for sure, and not ever being able to speak to Whitney again.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

Yeah ok, having Cissy as a mom surely didn't help, but ultimately Whitney went along with the bearding and broke it off with Robin.

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

Where can I watch this interview?

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

R17

Luther Vandross ate himself to death and Whitney cracked herself to death just because overly religious mothers did not allow their children to be who and what they wanted to be. Lets face it black people are less tolerant of gay culture. Sad but true!

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

R23 nailed it

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

R17 Cissy was OK with Luther Vandross being gay, because he kept quiet about it and also because he hired her regularly as a back up singer for albums and live shows. He loved and adored her singing. Sad that both Luther and Whitney had to go so early, they both were phenomenal artists.

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

I'm a 58 year old straight woman and when I heard Cissy say an absolute NO to accepting Whitney being gay, I got sick and wished she were in front of me to punch that old bag right in the face.

What a horrible woman.

by Anonymousreply 2601/30/2013

I'm glad she was honest. I was surprised at her conviction and the obvious emotion attached to it. She seemed numb, for obvious reason!, but when she answered that I sensed such quiet but strong feelings about it, I was surprised. She reminds me of my mother. My mother knew/knows of some very EVIL goings-on (I'm sure you can guess what area I'm talking about) and looks past it but hates gay people. She also has a soft spot for murderers, apparently.

Black people have come a long way and aren't as homophobic but there's still many of us who are.

by Anonymousreply 2701/30/2013

R26, I know exactly what you mean. Cissy Houston is fucking bitch with blood on her hands.

If she's in pain...then good. Cunt deserves it. The world doesn't deserve to be deprived of Whitney's talent and BK deserves her mother. Whitney deserved unconditional love & didn't get it. So she hit the pipe.

by Anonymousreply 2801/30/2013

She's one of the reasons Whitney is dead. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 2901/30/2013

Please r20, she's not going to look back in regret. You give too much credit. She rather have a dead druggie daughter then a lesbian one.

by Anonymousreply 3001/30/2013

Such a talented family. Whitney and Cissy dueting at the Freedom Fest for Nelson Mandela.

by Anonymousreply 3101/31/2013

Too bad it all ended in drug abuse and intolerance

by Anonymousreply 3201/31/2013

A little off topic but I thought Oprah looked horrible during that interview. She had some serious under eye baggage going on!

by Anonymousreply 3301/31/2013

I read a review on CNN of the book by some guy who apparently knows the family and he basically called Cissy out for being jealous that Whitney got the career and fame that Cissy craved.

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.