Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My expensive Cole Haan snow boots were stolen from the welcome mat outside my apartment.

I just thought you'd like to know. I left them there when I got home last night because I didn't want to track snow into my apartment. When I went to retrieve them this morning, they were gone. They're pricy Cole Haan Air Scout Chukka boots that my mother gave me for Christmas. I want them back.

I have two suspects in mind:

(1) My super whom I did not give a holiday bonus. He's a lazy, good for nothing drunk who, according to long-time tenants, fucks hookers in the stairwell leading to the old abandoned fallout shelter (building is 100 years old). I've been waiting for him for six months to fix my electric smoke detector, and he didn't even bother to assist me when I asked him for help after locking myself out of my apartment last summer. His wife is also a lazy bitch. She's supposed to clean out the garbage cans out front each day, but she leaves them there for days at a time, attracting all sorts of vermin.

(2) The slut who lives across the hall. She has a few rotaing bfs who are over each night, and they're constantly playing loud music past midnight. I don't know if they're actually listening to it or using to muffle their fuck sessions, but whatever the reason it's totally incosiderate on her part. I've knocked on her door on several occasions to ask her to lower the music, and she generally tells me in nicer terms to go fuck myself.

I suspect that one of these fools took them out of spite. I am going to get to the bottom of this and report them to the landlord. Wish me good luck, bitches.

by Erikreply 8702/09/2013

Next time, instead of a gift, Mother should just write you a check so you can afford the deposit in a better neighborhood.

by Erikreply 101/26/2013

You know what I'd like back? The two minutes it took me to read this fuckery.

by Erikreply 301/26/2013

Hey OP Why didn't you put them on a mat INSIDE your apartment? You were asking for it.

by Erikreply 401/26/2013

Just from the way you wrote about your situation, I can tell you deserved it. You seem to be a major prick with a superiority complex.

Newsflash, your Super might be lazy and your neighbor might be a slut, but it's better than being a stupid idiot who leaves expensive boots outside his door.

Seriously, if you're that stupid, you deserved it.

by Erikreply 501/26/2013

BTW the fact that you're crying about and think that Cole Haan boots are nice makes you a bigger idiot.

by Erikreply 601/26/2013

Some people are harsh, maladapted and to be given a wide berth.

by Erikreply 701/26/2013

I was going to comment but R5 covered it all brilliantly.

by Erikreply 801/26/2013

r5 is out for blood tonight! He even came back to diss the Cole Haan brand.

by Erikreply 901/26/2013

For pete's sake, r5, I don't have a superiority complex. I live in a crappy walk-up on the upper west side, evidently with a bunch of low lifes. I see other tenants leave their wet shoes/boots on the mat rather than track anything into the apt all the time. I thought it was safe to do the same. I had to go to Macy's to purchase another pair (they don't carry CH's so I was forced to trade down to Timerlands). Believe me, if you knew me, I'm the last person to feel superior to anybody.

by Erikreply 1001/26/2013

I'm a female, but have to chime in to say that the Cole haan pumps with Nike technology are amazing. So soft and cushy.

by Erikreply 1101/26/2013

Thank you, r11. Yes, they are great. I have a pair of CH sneakers with the Nike Air technology and they are amazing. I have very flat feet, and I feel like I'm walking on air. My mom knew that I liked them, so she bought me the boots for Christmas.

by Erikreply 1201/26/2013

That reply alone proves that you've got a superiority complex. You're so thick you don't even realize it.

If you're living in a building with a bunch of other, "low lifes," you're probably exactly where you belong.

by Erikreply 1301/26/2013

Hey OP the truth is Cole Haan took back their snow boots because they found out what a bitchy, bossy bottom you are.

by Erikreply 1401/26/2013

OP please never post anything again, we do not care

by Erikreply 1501/26/2013

Cole Haan?? are you sure it wasnt the tired straight fashion police wanting the 1980s back?

by Erikreply 1601/26/2013

Geez. What a bunch of cruel people.

OP made a mistake and his boots were stolen -which is a crime btw.

I don't think he will be making that mistake again.

by Erikreply 1701/26/2013

I sincerely appreciate your sympathy and good wishes. Whatevs!

by Erikreply 1801/26/2013

OP - your post just made me go on to ebay and impulsively purchase a pair of cole haan shoes for myself.

by Erikreply 2001/26/2013

For sure hang a sign in the hallway reporting the theft and ask for them to be returned. Make sure you say they were a gift from your mother. No questions asked.

by Erikreply 2101/26/2013

Next Week on Datalounge:

"Someone sold my very expensive Cole Haan Snow boots on Ebay!"

by Erikreply 2201/26/2013

OP, you sound cute.

I would kick your neighbor and boyfriend's ass for you if I lived near by and if I wasnt on probation.

by Erikreply 2301/26/2013

Keep a mat or newspaper just inside the door for your next boots. I also learned the hard way about disappearing boots on the outside of an apartment.

by Erikreply 2401/26/2013

Yeah, the tims I bought today are safely in my apartment. I found an old bath mat, so they're sitting atop that. Will never make that mistake again and leave anything outside. You really can't trust anyone nowadays.

by Erikreply 2501/26/2013

OP! Post a note explaining that whoever took the boots may keep them, as long as they return the tube of prescription-strength anti-fungal medication that you think you must have left inside of them.

by Erikreply 2601/26/2013

Is this a thing that common people do -- leave footwear outside their apartments in the common spaces of apartment blocks? Perhaps next to hampers filled with dirty clothes and underpants hung on a line to dry?

by Erikreply 2701/26/2013

haha r27. Yes, I'm dead common, but I live in NYC. I wouldn't trade my 400 sq ft apartment with its lazy super and slutty tenants for your flyover mud hut. Where ARE you from, hon?

by Erikreply 2801/26/2013

And yet, you still don't think you have a superiority complex?

by Erikreply 2901/26/2013

What are snow boots?

by Erikreply 3001/26/2013

A cheap plastic basin placed just inside your door to hold melting snow from the footwear would have saved your expensive boots.

by Erikreply 3101/26/2013

OP sorry about the theft but it did spike my curiosity about Cole Haan snow boots and I'm off shopping tomorrow as I need to try them on in person v online shopping.

by Erikreply 3201/26/2013

Will be picking up a pair of jet black Cole Haan snow boots tomorrow from Bergdorf. Totally fab.

by Erikreply 3301/26/2013

Hey OP how old are you? i have a feeling you are old and dumb. and 400sqare feet? please your mom must really hate you if she lets you live in that. and by the way i lived in NYC for a couple years and i was the real upper west side... 2 blocks from Lincoln Center!

by Erikreply 3401/26/2013

I'm glad this happened.

by Erikreply 3501/26/2013

It was definitely the slut. A super wouldn't have the faintest idea what your boots are.

by Erikreply 3601/26/2013

Never leave your belongings unattended unless you can afford to lose them.

by Erikreply 3701/26/2013

Or else it's the people who put their own boots outside.

by Erikreply 3801/26/2013

Seriously OP, if someone will steal a half-eaten sandwich (half-eaten as in a physical bite taken out of it) from an office refrigerator, someone will steal your boots.

It could have been the guest or john of a lowlife neighbor. It could have been a homeless person.

Next time, don't be so naive. Get a boot tray.

by Erikreply 3901/26/2013

I had to check your Friday weather OP in NYC. So you actually used snow boots for under 1 inch of snowfall? Pathetic.

by Erikreply 4001/26/2013

Were they bright fluorescent green? If so, I know where you can find them.

by Erikreply 4101/27/2013

OP, you left your boots OUTSIDE your New York City apartment door, someone stole them and you are surprised? So, in what city do you think that would be a SMART thing to do?

by Erikreply 4301/27/2013

this thread is useless...

by Erikreply 4401/27/2013

OP, I just got myself a pair of Cole Haan Air Joey's and I LOVE them. They have Nike Air soles, and are comfortable and stylish. THey may not be Chanel, but who cares? They are a fifth of the price and made well.

by Erikreply 4501/27/2013

Omg 41. Too funny! ! And sort of sad. . Op does sound sweet. I.d like to take up a collection to repurchase those boots. Ladies... gentlemen... can i get a dolla up In her.

by Erikreply 4601/27/2013

Boots on a man are a turnoff for me.

by Erikreply 4701/27/2013

Big love to R35. LOL!

by Erikreply 4801/27/2013

What's the big deal about leaving your wet shoes or boots outside your apartment door on a mat?

You bitchy queens sound like bunch of clueless and SCARED flyovers who think NYC is the most dangerous place on the planet. The worse posters here are the flyovers who now live here and think they know it ALL about the city, believe me, you don't!

Face facts, there are scumbag neighbors and supers everywhere and anywhere, even in co-ops and condos. Rentals haven't cornered the market on sleazeball tenants and supers!

My co-op actually evicted a guy who would not stop blasting his music, he had studio caliber stereo equipment in his apartment. The music was so loud, my neighbors sofa was vibrating and it's a strong concrete and steel building.

My super is an arrogant idiot who always has his hand out. Tipping is not required for minor repairs, such as a dripping faucet or bathroom tank replacement parts, those repairs are included in the maintenance, yet this guy is always acting as if he expects something! He gets a great salary and a free gorgeous huge apartment and also free cable.

The joke is, this guy is incompetent, even for minor repairs, Lord knows how, and why, he still has his job. I have my plumber and electrician friends do repairs when I need them, of course, I pay them. I'd rather pay my friends than my arrogant super.

As for leaving personal items outside your door, NYC used to be a very decent place, I remember as a kid in Brooklyn, my relatives would leave their boots outside their small brownstone, I guess you simply cannot do those things anymore.

To rag on OP is absurd, your possessions can be taken no matter what type of area you live in, a friend in a great part of San Francisco has been robbed several times.

Thieves actually go to better areas, not ghettos and working class neighborhoods. They stake out the blocks to figure out the residents schedules, that's how my friend in San Fran got robbed. His neighbor in the next house was robbed too, both of them were at work.

by Erikreply 4901/27/2013

That was an asinine response.

You say, to rag on the OP is absurd and that your possessions can be taken no matter what area you live in.

First of all, no one said his shit was stolen because of what area he lived in.

Second, you just said so yourself, your shit can be stolen anywhere, regardless of where you are.... yet OP was stupid enough to leave his shit out. When you don't have enough regard for your belongings, especially, "expensive" ones, and you're stupid enough to leave them out where someone can take them, you're begging for someone to.

Fact remains. OP was an idiot and got his stuff taken. It sucks, but he shouldn't be surprised. He should have taken better care of his stuff.

by Erikreply 5001/27/2013

"You say, to rag on the OP is absurd and that your possessions can be taken no matter what area you live in."

My post was a bit incoherent, it's 4:15AM here and I just got home awhile ago from a party, I was drinking, so sue me.

My point was, the posters were ragging on OP as if he's retarded and others were acting as if this incident only happens in rough areas of NYC, that was wrong.

"First of all, no one said his shit was stolen because of what area he lived in."

Yes, some jerks WERE implying he got his boots taken because he lives in some sort of dangerous low-rent area, I guess they are forming their opinions about NYC from watching too many "Death Wish" movies!

My point was these types of incidents CAN and DO happen anywhere!

by Erikreply 5101/27/2013

OP, put the boots on a rubber mat (or mat of another material) INSIDE your door.

When you enter your apt step on a mat INSIDE your door, remove the boots, and place them on a mat INSIDE the door.

by Erikreply 5201/27/2013

OP, I think it's just awful some asshole stole the Christmas boots from your mom. That's the kind of thing that makes the world a worse place to live.

by Erikreply 5301/27/2013

So we know what was stolen:

by Erikreply 5401/27/2013

CHRIST! Why doesn't someone tell the OP to put the boots in a boot bin or rubber mat right next to his door inside the apartment.

by Erikreply 5601/27/2013

[quote] boot tray

Good idea, R39.

Here's an article on boot trays:

by Erikreply 5701/27/2013

I guess this'll sound naive, OP, but I live in NY, too, and when I come in from outside in rough winter weather, I leave my boots on the bathroom floor. What on earth possessed you to leave your boots in the hall, where anyone could take them? There are tips for New York life, such as Always have small bills so you don't have to give the cabdriver a twenty (who will then pretend to have no change). And these, I suppose, you have to learn over time. But what sort of idiot leaves his property in an apartment building hallway? Are you really that stupid--or did this simply not happen?

by Erikreply 5801/27/2013

Not sure which is worse -- some aging fag that just wants us to commisserate about his lost designer boots

someone who is actually stupid enough to leave them outside his door.

Of course, it could also be the beginning of a Conan Doyle plotline.

Just to be sure, perhaps you had better not venture out on the moor alone tonight.

by Erikreply 5901/27/2013

I was really sympathetic until you used "Whatevs" in a reply.

I hope the thieves come back and steal your doormat.

by Erikreply 6101/27/2013

Cole-Haan is middle class as best.

by Erikreply 6201/27/2013

r40, hon, it was 15 degrees and very icy and I have a long walk from the subway to my apartment. What was I supposed to wear--flip flops? Living where you do, you may not understand the fact that those of us who dwell in NYC do not drive cars or have driveways.

by Erikreply 6301/27/2013

Having lived in NYC (went to CU), I would've [bold]never[/bold] left anything outside my apartment--even when I lived in the dorms.

Aside from that, I love Cole Haan boots, especially this pair (link).

What style were yours, OP?

by Erikreply 6401/27/2013

OP, good point about the walking in icy weather. Also, even a few inches of slushy snow requires good waterproof boots, but treads for icy sidewalks is a must too in footwear as one fall can mean a bad injury etc. People who are used to driving everywhere typically fail to understand the concept of walking cities or that people who don't have a car for whatever reason must walk/take public transit during icy/snowy weather. Many ignorant, inconsiderate and lazy people don't bother to shovel the side walk in front of their house or store which makes walking difficult for non-drivers. They would wo it and want it done if they had to walk!!

by Erikreply 6501/27/2013

I think my mall had a Cole Haan store near the Merry Go Round and Chess King stores back in the day. Did this post come from a time machine? Truly sorry you lost your boots, though.

by Erikreply 6601/27/2013

I'm still of a mind that one of the neighbors properly mistook them for rubbish and a slap in the face of the neighbors, and in any effort to tidy up OP's trashy doorway and improve the general appearance of the place, dropped them down the chute for incineration.

by Erikreply 6701/27/2013

r67 thinks she's being funny. Give it up, dear heart, you'll never make W&W.

by Erikreply 6801/27/2013

It was probably the slutty neighbor or the supers wife. I'd ask them about it. Be prepared for them to lie though. Women always lie. Also watch to see who's wearing the boots. One of them will sooner rather than later. It's just the way people like that are.

by Erikreply 6901/27/2013

Put a notice up to say you know who took the boots and will give them 24 hours grace to return them before you report them. Probably won't get them back but might be worth a try.

by Erikreply 7001/27/2013

Next time, put the boots inside on a mat. If no room there, try the bathroom or kitchen.

by Erikreply 7201/27/2013

Be sure to tell us the color and size and we'll let you know if they show up on ebay or craigslist.

by Erikreply 7301/27/2013

No one leaves their shoes outside their house unless they live in Dogpatch. This is such trashy behavior it boggles the mind.

First no one wants to be subjected to your smelly boots in an apartment hallway. It's not like they are discreetly airing on your back porch. I would be mortified if I had guests and a neighbor's shoes were sitting in the hallway.

Second if I saw your boots I'd report you to management or the housecleaning for their removal or tell you to take your fucking shoes inside your own apt. Some people are not fit to live in polite society.

I swear OP has to be a troll. If not then he's not ready to leave his momma's home.

by Erikreply 7401/27/2013

Nobody in Dogpatch has shoes.

by Erikreply 7501/27/2013

Those boots look faggy.

by Erikreply 7601/27/2013

Anyone stupid enough to live where there's slush and ice deserves whatever mess comes their way. The only ice I want is in a tall drink while sitting in a beach chair under a palm tree.

by Erikreply 7701/27/2013

by Erikreply 7901/27/2013

I lived in a small, $1.2 million dollar home in suburban Portland years ago (Lake Oswego). I parked my Benz outside in my driveway because the garage was full of junk. Someone broke the car window, and stole my gym bag. When I called the police, the officer told me that I shouldn't park my car outside, because I lived in a nice neighborhood. Wtf. I thought that the point of a nice neighborhood was lower crime.

by Erikreply 8001/27/2013

Erik - you don't sound like the brighest bulb on the tree!

by Erikreply 8101/27/2013

I saw that little cum dumpster across the hall and one of her bfs early this evening. I was coming in as they were leaving. I looked straight ahead and didn't acknowledge them. I could swear I heard them giggling as they exited the building.

I also saw the super and his wife earlier. She was finally doing her job and cleaning out the trash cans out front. She was crying as I passed them. Her husband told me she had seen a rat in one of the cans, and it terrified her. Boo hoo...that's part and parcel of your job, hon. Maybe if she cleaned out the cans more than twice a week, the trash wouldn't attract rats. Anyhoo, the super gave me an unmistakably glaring look.

So I'm still not sure which of them did it, if it was any one of them at all.

by Erikreply 8201/27/2013

Hey, OP - I just got an idea. Check eBay. Chances are whoever stole your boots doesn't have the same size foot you have, and will be looking to get a quick buck by selling them. Do a search under "boots cole haan [your shoe size]" and see if any of the sellers are located in NY. Plus, you should be able to make a positive identification from the item pic. Then, notify eBay of the situation and tell them you want the seller's name and address so that you can take legal action. Might as well try Craigslist, too.

Good luck, OP. I hope you track down the thief and get your boots back. Be sure to post the details here if you're successful.

by Erikreply 8301/27/2013

R56, why are ranting about not reading, when right above you at R52, I said the exact same thing you did which is put the boots on a mat inside the door?

by Erikreply 8401/27/2013

...they fit me fine, I like them.

by Erikreply 8501/27/2013

Get him!

by Erikreply 8602/09/2013

I refuse to wear Cole Haan on account of a nasty retail queen making a snide remark about the width of my foot. You're selling shoes, bitch, sell some.

by Erikreply 8702/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!