Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When does the Loretta Lynn musical open on Broadway?

The one that will star Zooey Deschanel. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

When Zooey stops being twee and learns how to act.

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

Suri, remind me to call the producers to discuss Loretta "baloney makes you horny" Lynn

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

Loretty must have been high when she announced it. A Coal Miner's Daughter show as a play with music might stand a chance at being worthwhile, but not with Zooey Deschanel. I shudder to think who would play Patsy Cline.

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

You got ir wrong, OP. Zooey Deschanel isn't up for the lead. The star will be Zoe Chace - her first musical since she portrayed Jud Fry in "Oklahoma" in college.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know an opening date? New York is on my list of summer 2013 vacation possibilities, and that would be a fun musical. My partner LOVES Loretta Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

Have you ever heard of google OP? I'm not trying to be mean either.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Google doesn't give a projected opening date. It just talks about it being in development.

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

OP,

New York can be so much fun when you come as a tourist, but for God's sake, WHY would you come in the summer?

I understand that's when a lot of people take vacation, but the summer is just the worst time, along with Thanksgiving through January.

Why not come in the fall when some of the tourists have cleared out, not as many kids and fraus running wild with delusions of being SATC gals? Autumn here can really be spectacular, you can see shows then, the city is cooler and you'll feel better, thus encouraging you to get out and away from Midtown and see REAL New York.

At least consider my suggestion, it's good one. But, either way, welcome to New York. We're glad to see you!

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

Thank you, R8! You made me LOL about the fraus running wild with delusions of being SATC girls. We're also thinking about Vancouver or San Francisco (which is kind of our old-standby).

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

Loretty's show won't be opening this year - it was announced and nothing more. I don't even think they announced a development team or writer.

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.