Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think actors/actresses or people in the entertainment industry should be allowed to paid as much as they're being paid?

Shouldn't doctors, engineers be paid more? I' ve never seen a doctor make it on Forbes 100 wealthiest list.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

NOT doctors.

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

I don't mind that they get paid that much, but they should bring back the custom from Roman times and get stoned to death for bad performances...

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

I've never understood why they make so much money either. At the end of the day, entertainers are not as important as other professions.

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

law of supply and demand

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

And who pays them. If doctors made more we'd be paying with higher insurance premiums.

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

It doesn't bother me. If a film makes 200 million and a large part of that success is because of the actor, who cares if they get ten percent of it.

by Anonymousreply 601/26/2013

People who worry about actors getting paid too much have too little else going on in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2013

Only great actors like Meryl Streep, Jessica Lange, etc. deserve a good salary. Kim!

by Anonymousreply 801/26/2013

They're not overpaid. If a comedian is able to draw millions of people into a theater for their "product" they deserve a percentage of that.

No one complains about the person who invented Krispy Kreme making a lot from their product.

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

They're not overpaid -- the vast majority of them don't make a living & have to supplement with waiting tables, temping, etc. It's a different distribution of incomes than 'normal' professions. Most actors make v. little, and a few hit the jackpot. The rest delude themselves that they will someday.

There are a small number in Hollywood making regular money doing TV parts, & a small number in NYC doing Broadway parts, both plus commercials, but that's not steady by any means. That's why they are overjoyed if they get on a hit TV series -- it means they're not going to retire penniless.

by Anonymousreply 1001/26/2013

If a movie or a TV show makes a billion dollars for someone, I'm fine with the actor getting their share.

If it's a question of big money, I'd rather see more go to the artists, and less to the corporations that own the product.

by Anonymousreply 1101/26/2013

This is still America, Jack!

by Anonymousreply 1201/26/2013

They get paid what the Market will bear.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!