Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think actors/actresses or people in the entertainment industry should be allowed to paid as much as they're being paid?

Shouldn't doctors, engineers be paid more? I' ve never seen a doctor make it on Forbes 100 wealthiest list.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

NOT doctors.

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

I don't mind that they get paid that much, but they should bring back the custom from Roman times and get stoned to death for bad performances...

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

I've never understood why they make so much money either. At the end of the day, entertainers are not as important as other professions.

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

law of supply and demand

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

And who pays them. If doctors made more we'd be paying with higher insurance premiums.

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

It doesn't bother me. If a film makes 200 million and a large part of that success is because of the actor, who cares if they get ten percent of it.

by Anonymousreply 601/26/2013

People who worry about actors getting paid too much have too little else going on in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2013

Only great actors like Meryl Streep, Jessica Lange, etc. deserve a good salary. Kim Kardashian...no!

by Anonymousreply 801/26/2013

They're not overpaid. If a comedian is able to draw millions of people into a theater for their "product" they deserve a percentage of that.

No one complains about the person who invented Krispy Kreme making a lot from their product.

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

They're not overpaid -- the vast majority of them don't make a living & have to supplement with waiting tables, temping, etc. It's a different distribution of incomes than 'normal' professions. Most actors make v. little, and a few hit the jackpot. The rest delude themselves that they will someday.

There are a small number in Hollywood making regular money doing TV parts, & a small number in NYC doing Broadway parts, both plus commercials, but that's not steady by any means. That's why they are overjoyed if they get on a hit TV series -- it means they're not going to retire penniless.

by Anonymousreply 1001/26/2013

If a movie or a TV show makes a billion dollars for someone, I'm fine with the actor getting their share.

If it's a question of big money, I'd rather see more go to the artists, and less to the corporations that own the product.

by Anonymousreply 1101/26/2013

Allowed?

This is still America, Jack!

by Anonymousreply 1201/26/2013

They get paid what the Market will bear.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.