Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

30 Rock...was that it?

If that was the final finale...it was a total letdown.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

No, one more ep next Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

Don't expect much -- they're out of gas and operating on fumes.

It was a great show for a few years but all shows need to end at some time. I'm glad they're ending now instead of beating a dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

Last week's was really funny. This week's was one of the worst. EVER>

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

It was an awful episode, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

She should have written Liz getting pregnant and had some fun with that. The adoption thing is boring and the gag wasn't even that. 30 Rock should go out in an epic way... like the second Newhart gag... something really creative. Pretty sure that's not coming.

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

I haven't watched this week's yet, but I agree that last week's was fantastic.

And as always, I would watch the worst episode of 30 Rock over the best Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 601/26/2013

Please let us know what you think, R9... this was..... not good.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2013

I really liked the Willy Wonka jokes in this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 801/26/2013

30 Rock: It's my underwear -- I can do whatever I want.

Big Bang Theory: My Penis is broken! I'm constipated! What would my rabbi say?

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

I am so going to miss Jenna Maroney. She has literally changed my life.

by Anonymousreply 1001/26/2013

I mostly love the show and am glad there will be real ending.

by Anonymousreply 1101/26/2013

So far the final season has been mostly disappointing. And not just because of Alec Baldwin's hair.

It makes me aware of what a good decision it was to end the series.

Was Richard Drench (Hazel's new name) supposed to be a veiled shout-out to Rachel Dratch?

by Anonymousreply 1201/26/2013

It's an extension of SNL.

What? Were you expecting it to be funny or something???

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

What will Cousin Vicki from National Lampoon's Vacation do for work once this show goes off?

by Anonymousreply 1401/26/2013

Bob Uecker as Willy Wonka? All of the other NBC show promos seemed real, but that one was obviously fake. Was there a reference in the past I missed.

I always loved this show and hate to see it fizzle out this way.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

As much as I love James Marsden, and would watch him (naked) in anything, this role doesn't really work for him.

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

Will and Grace fizzled out too.

It was shocking at the time, (Seinfeld wasn't a fluke) now we sort of now expect this from NBC shows.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

[quote] Bob Uecker as Willy Wonka? All of the other NBC show promos seemed real, but that one was obviously fake. Was there a reference in the past I missed.

They mentioned Bob Uecker as Willy Wonka earlier in the show.

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

I thought it was wonderful, as did one of my favorite critics, Alan Sepinwall:

"We still have an hour of "30 Rock" to go, and I will treasure every last minute we have remaining with this great show. But "A Goon's Deed in a Weary World" would have functioned quite well as a series finale. It's not that it was the funniest episode of this victory lap season, but that it brought very satisfying closure to the stories of Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy."

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

I disagree with you both.

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2013

I love that Kenneth is becoming head of NBC. I've always thought that would be fitting.

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

I'm not even sure how Jack got resolved and I watched it.

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

I think this season has been good. It's been funny, had a lot of heart, and wrapped things up nicely. I particularly loved Liz's wedding where she gets to have her "princess fantasy" but in the most Liz Lemon way possible--by wearing the Princess Leia outfit we've seen her use to get out of jury duty. And I love that the two kids are essentially Tracy and Jenna and then her experience dealing with them over the last 7 years has unknowingly trained her to be a great mom.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

R13 and R17 are really fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

I'll miss Jenna's one-liners and the live shows most of all. Too bad they didn't give Jenna more songs to sing or some sort of big musical episode. That would have been really awesome to have 30 ROCK do a GLEE/SMASH parody type thing, especially with someone as good as Krakowski.

Oh, well, I guess that it can happen on THE NEW NORMAL since Ryan Murphy is involved there anyway. It's only a matter of time, I suppose.

30 ROCK is definitely going out with a whimper, not a bang. Maybe next week will be memorable, though most of their hour-long episodes in the past have always seem very padded. It's really a shame they aren't doing another live show. Maybe a live reunion show some year, at least?

I thought the Florida episode two weeks ago was funny, but this week was really stretching for a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2013

30 Rock should have ended a couple years ago. Not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 2601/27/2013

At least Danny got a shout-out (for getting laid off), but it looks like Cheyenne Jackson doesn't make a final appearance.

by Anonymousreply 2701/27/2013

R25 sounds like an idiot. The live shows were the worst episodes, and musical episodes are never funny. They just cater to losers that like light entertainment.

This last Thursday's episode was brilliant. There was a great joke almost every second. If you didn't think so, you probably aren't a big fan of 30 rock in general. Jenna and Tracy finishing each other's sentences to create their siamese twin movie was amazing. All of the meta references with Liz singing Ghost Busters or mentioning Danny or the green screen really landed for me and a lot of critics online as well.

This season has also been really great in general. Some of you people have a very whacked critical mind.

by Anonymousreply 2801/27/2013

Tracy can be funny in small doses, other than that the show is shit. TF being the worst.

by Anonymousreply 2901/27/2013

Congratulations, r28: you obviously touched a very raw nerve for r30.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

R27, Cheyenne has tweeted he'll be in the one-hour finale this week.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2013

Jenna is my favorite character; she gets a lot of the best lines.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

"Musical episodes aren't funny? Interesting, since GLEE managed to get almost double the viewers than those for 30 ROCK this Thursday and GLEE is REALLY a pale shadow of its former self in every way. I think that's pretty funny."

Good argument, R30, just because more people watched glee doesn't it make it funnier. It's not a funny show. It's mindless entertainment for people who like bright colors and music. I'm sure if you asked people why they watched Glee, humor would probably barely make the top ten. And yeah, I trust critics more than your "collective opinions."

R31, it must be insulting musical numbers that got to her.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

Girls, girls. The Larry Sanders had gays and music and was funnier than both of the shows you are squabbling about.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

The live shows were definitely the worst.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

You'll miss it when it's gone, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.