Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Eldergay With Bat Ears Causes Stir In San Francisco

Does anyone know anything about this gay Silicon Valley sexual harassment case? There's something very 'Mary!' about this nugget:

"In May 2010, I met someone via mutual friends. With increasing frequency, we hung out, drank wine, and I helped prepare him for interviews with tech startups. As our friendship deepened, we spent more time together, and our relationship became physical. We regularly worked out at the gym, occasionally hung out at my home, and exchanged intimate, personal information, as people in similar relationships often do."

Rabois is good friends with perennial cunt Peter Thiel, and had once attacked a Stanford professor with homophobic language.

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2013

Are all Gaylings as cuntishly shallow as you are?

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

R1's tampon needs changing.

Well, if this guy wasn't openly gay before, he definitely is now... The odd language he used to describe their relationship makes me think that he must be guilty of at least some of the charges.

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

He had a campus-wide reputation at Stanford (while he was at law school) for being a homophobic asshole bigot, he wrote socially conservative op eds for the school paper.

Here's an example of how he was perceived at the time, this is from a musical that is performed for students and alumni at Stanford homecoming:

===

Improv 1: I know! We'll find a solution using free association!

Improv 3: It's been so long since we've had an audience member to give suggestions, I'm kind of out of practice.

Improv 2: But remember, all of this is totally improvised! Never before seen on this or any other stage! And never to be seen again.

Alex: Thank God.

Improv 3: (Does that improvisor clap thing.) May I have a suggestion for a solution, please? Whatever comes to mind first.

Alex: (Mutters.) Asshole

Imp 3: Asshole, thank you. Asshole. Bigot

Imp1: Bigot, homophobe.

Imp 2: Homophobe. 1st year law student.

Imp 3: 1st year law student. Keith Rabois.

Imp 1: Keith Rabois. Asshole.

Alex: (Cutting into their fun.) You're still not helping!

===

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

Sounds consensual...he is not that old.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

r3: slightly misremembering the event, it was homophobic shouting which he framed as a demonstration of free speech in a non-apology letter published in the Stanford Daily.

It was big enough deal at the time for the school to put out a press release about it (link)

from the Stanford Daily, Jan 25 2013: [quote] Rabois, who earned his bachelor’s degree from Stanford, had a publicized history of homophobia at Stanford. In 1992, while he was working towards a law degree, Rabois apparently uttered a number of anti-gay slurs in the direction of the home of an RF in Otero House in Wilbur Hall. Rabois allegedly said, “Faggot! Hope you die of AIDS!” and “Can’t wait until you die, faggot,” and later, in a letter to The Daily, framed it in a free speech context, arguing he was trying to be “outrageous enough to provoke a thought of, ‘Wow, if he can say that, I guess I can say a little more than I thought’.” The Fundamental Standard was not applied to Rabois, and amid the on-campus furor over his remarks, he dropped out of the Stanford Law program to continue his studies at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

Gays are their own worse enemies.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2013

[quote]He had a campus-wide reputation at Stanford (while he was at law school) for being a homophobic asshole bigot, he wrote socially conservative op eds for the school paper.

Just one more example of how major homophobes are usually gay themselves.

by Anonymousreply 801/26/2013

What a fucking dumbass. Funny how these nerds get a bunch of money and they're still as insecure as ever.

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

Remember the Bear and the Bee guy? He went to work at Square where this scandal happened. Is he the guy was was being sexually hassassed?

by Anonymousreply 1001/26/2013

Bump for the original thread.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

[quote]Last week, a New York-based attorney threatened Square and myself with a lawsuit.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

I'm an annual cunt myself.

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

R10, Square has 400 employees.

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

In an attempt to demonstrate the freedoms given by the first amendment Lenny Bruce uttered foul language in his night club act. Hollywood celebrated that with a Dustin Hoffman film. In an attempt to mock Stanford restrictions on the first amendment Keith Rabois likewise uttered foul language. The left seems to want these speech codes which have little use for our constitution. And too dense not to get the point.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

Didn't Bee dump Bear for another guy?

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

That was made up after the fact, R15. Rabois had a meltdown because of his conflicted sense of sexuality, and then attempted to get out of it by claiming that he was 'testing free speech limits'.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

Keith. -- where to start? He and Peter Thiel became buddies at the right-wing rag, the Stanford Review, when both were undergrads and propagated a lot of hate (though Peter was at least pleasant in person -- I can't say the same about Keith). The lecturer Keith attacked in 1992 -- Dennis Matthies -- had to cope with another horrible homophobic episode during 1988, as the resident faculty member in the same dorm where the 1992 incident occurred. Keith didn't perpetrate the incident, but it shouldn't come as a surprise whose side he took. A homophobic classmate attacked a gay RA, provoking a right-wing backlash in support of the homophobe. One of the fraternities (Phi Delta Theta) held a candlelight "vigil" on the steps of the dorm in support of the attacker, but the protesters wore hockey masks as they protested. To hide their identities. Needless to say, the KKK dynamic upset a lot of African American students and other fair-minded folks on campus. The Review crew, of course, took the side of the haters. The funny thing is, as much as Keith might hate others, he seems to hate himself more.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2013

Wow. Some gays should be self-loathing!

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2013

The Gazette, a hilarious monthly dedicated to San Francisco "high society," names Rabois as one of the city's "hottest catches." According to the article, he is both a "soccer addict and design enthusiast." That'll keep the gals guessing!

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

anyone know the accuser/employee?

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.