Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tina Turner to become Swiss citizen

Singer Tina Turner is set to surrender her U.S. passport and become a Swiss citizen.

by Anonymousreply 3801/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

Why can't Tina just remain a U.S. citizen and live in Switzerland as she's been doing since 1995?

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

[quote]Why can't Tina just remain a U.S. citizen and live in Switzerland as she's been doing since 1995?

Taxes

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

Tina could become a citizen of the Moon and I would still love her.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

I might have been Queen!

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

Swiss Miss

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

Neuchatel City Limits

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

She's doing it for the cheese.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2013

I have US and Irish citizenship. Its no big deal to have 2 passports.

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2013

My guess is for tax reasons. Cunt

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2013

Please! What income is she paying taxes on? Bitch hasn't had a hit since 1988.

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2013

she needs Ike to knock some sense into her

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

She's dead to me now.

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

R11. I'm sure Tina has invested well.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

NO one, but no one in the entertainment world has earned the right to do whatever in the fuck makes them happy more than Tina Turner.

I love her in every way. Not because she was a victim, but because she is not.

Her incredible talent, her commitment, her humility and her confidence are the real deal.

Been a long time coming, but a change gonna come.

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

R14 [bold]REALLY[/bold] deserves all the self-inflicted misery in his life.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

I don't understand, can't Americans have duel citizenship? I'm a Canadian and a duel citizen.

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

Tina Turner's Wikipedia entry starts out with this fabulous line:

"Anna Mae Bullock (born November 26, 1939) better known by her stage name Tina Turner, is an American-born Swiss singer, dancer, and actress..."

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2013

She's our own Gerard Depardieu. Taxes ARE high here in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2013

I have dual US/UK citizenship. I'm not sure about Switzerland's laws but it is the UK that permits me to have both passports, not the US. It could be that in order for her to become a Swiss citizen, the US makes her renounce her American citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2013

[quote] I don't understand, can't Americans have duel citizenship? I'm a Canadian and a duel citizen.

Some countries stipulate that one cannot voluntarily accept another citizenship in addition to theirs. Norway, Denmark and Austria are such examples. Not sure about Switzerland, though.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2013

R14 I hope that is a parody post. Otherwise it's mean spirited.

R9 Dual Irish and American citizenship? Ireland is not doing well BUT you can live in any EU country you want....that includes (the hated by some Irish )the UK.

R19 It's a relatively recent development in the US. It's frowned down for the most part here. Go to the heartland and tell them that you are a dual citizen of the US and another country and look at you like you have three eyes!

As for Tina, isn't there enough chocolate in Switzerland already?;) Denise Rich became an Austrian citizen and she is not living in Austria now is she? I have more respect for Tina who is doing for tax purposes BUT actually resides in Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2013

Switzerland? I don't believe Anna Mae is gonna give up Popeye's. Hell, I remember how I used to give her one of those every time she acted up.

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2013

[quote] I don't understand, can't Americans have duel citizenship? I'm a Canadian and a duel citizen.

With regard to U.S. law, there are few restrictions on acquiring citizenship elsewhere; the much trickier thing is shedding one's U.S. citizenship (and tax obligations.)

by Anonymousreply 2601/27/2013

R16 You are absolutely right!

by Anonymousreply 2701/27/2013

I've lived in England for the past five years and I'm in the process of trying to acquire UK permanent residency which is quite the ordeal. I don't particularly love Britain, but my job is here and I'm just becoming comfortable here so I figure why not. Living in a foreign country is a hell of a lot easier when you have citizenship rights there.

by Anonymousreply 2801/27/2013

[quote] But I guess mooching is nothing for a SS disability grabbing, AIDS infested 'mo

Don't you have to find a few more cinder blocks to shove under your mobile home?

Maybe you can get your friends Buford and Cletus to help. Then all three of you can crawl back into whatever lead-paint-chip eating, cousin-fucking cesspool you waddled out of.

by Anonymousreply 3001/27/2013

America should do what England does. They allow their citizens to move to another country as a tax exile. Those people are only allowed back into the country a few days a year. That's what they should do to anyone who wants to renounce their citizenship. I actually think they shouldn't let them back in at all. Don't let them in as visitors so they can earn money. They don't like America. Fine, stay away forever

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

I like how r11 tried to be cute and bitchy by signing his post as Beyonce, not realizing that Beyonce has never hid her adoration or respect for Tina.

Datalounge really should be for people 18 and over only.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

Yo go Tina! I wish I could get away from these low-class Americans.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

Isn't she there because of her long-time German boyfriend? She may actually like the peace and quiet there.

And it's very central - she can gig around Europe quite easily.

I don't think it's a tax thing. It takes 20 years to become a Swiss citizen I believe - and she's lived there for 20 years..so....

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

[quote]I have US and Irish citizenship. Its no big deal to have 2 passports.

Were you born in Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 3501/27/2013

[quote]I have dual US/UK citizenship. I'm not sure about Switzerland's laws but it is the UK that permits me to have both passports, not the US. It could be that in order for her to become a Swiss citizen, the US makes her renounce her American citizenship.

Are you British-born?

by Anonymousreply 3601/27/2013

[quote][R19] It's a relatively recent development in the US. It's frowned down for the most part here. Go to the heartland and tell them that you are a dual citizen of the US and another country and look at you like you have three eyes!

What a bizarre load of rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 3701/27/2013

How can you obtain British citizenship if you're not a Brit. I thought you either had to marry a native or could stay only on a work visa.

by Anonymousreply 3801/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.