Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Conspiracy theories

Do you know any good conspiracy theories? I heard from a friend that the cure for cancer has already been invented but it's being kept from the public, because if the drug was released there would be too many people on earth, so it's the government's way of controlling the population.

by Anonymousreply 8405/08/2014

Uh, there will never be one single "cure for cancer."

Are you really that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 101/26/2013

You are friends with Kevin Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 201/26/2013

[quote] "Capital must protect itself in every way... Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principle men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd." --J.P. Morgan

[quote]"In 1891, [Cecile] Rhodes organized a secret society with members in a "Circle of Initiates" and an outer circle known as the "Association of Helpers" later organized as the Round Table organization. In 1909-1913, they organized semi-secret groups known as Round Table Groups in the chief British dependencies and the United States. In 1919, they founded the Royal Institute of International Affairs. Similar Institutes of International Affairs were established in the chief British dominions and the United States where it is known as the Council on Foreign Relations. After 1925, the Institute of Pacific Relations was set up in twelve Pacific area countries. They were constantly harping on the lessons to be learned from the failure of the American Revolution and the success of the Canadian federation of 1867 and hoped to federate the various parts of the empire and then confederate the whole with the United Kingdom. ... There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates to some extent in the way the Radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."--Carroll Quigley

History is conspiracy after conspiracy after conspiracy. Look up the definition.

by Anonymousreply 301/26/2013

With all the weird talk about false flag operations, intentional financial collapse, UFOs and government secrets, the J.P. Morgan quote stands out as America at it's darkest and most truthful.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2013

[bold]W O R L D   T R A D E   C E N T E R [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2013

I've always wondered what are the true facts on the deaths of Miss Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and those two former artists in New York named Theresa and Jeremy (they claimed they were being targeted before they died.)

by Anonymousreply 601/26/2013

I used to think conspiracy theories were good for a laugh. And many of them have some shread of truth in there somewhere.

However, spend more than a few minutes reading conspiracy theorists on the internet - hell, even right here on DL - and it gets super depressing. It's a lot of people with very obvious, frightening mental problems. It's pretty depressing, especially when you realize it's just some chemical imbalance in their brain that is making them so insane.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2013

True, R7, anyone who believes the official conspiracy theory about bin Laden being the mastermind behind 9/11 is a depressingly dull-minded and willfully blind fool.

by Anonymousreply 801/26/2013

r8, you need to look up the definition of a conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

R6, I went down that rabbit hole-- thanks. Sounds like a folie a deux to me.

The only thing that makes them so special is their selfish suicides. Without them, no one would have written long articles in Vanity Fair. Sure, they had some talent, but so do 27349329472934729 thousand other couples and artists!

by Anonymousreply 1101/26/2013

Does anyone here know if some celebrities are mind controlled by their handlers?

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

Honey child, R12, you are no expert.

by Anonymousreply 1401/26/2013

Politics is behind EVERYTHING you see on television. Every single damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 1501/26/2013

R14, take a look at R13. That's the company you are keeping.

The government can kill us with sound waves!

by Anonymousreply 1601/26/2013

Hitler is still alive and is running CNN in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 1701/26/2013

It can R16. It can also microwave your brain, which appears to have happened at some distant time in the past. Just because there are only a few employees in a newsroom confirms rather than challenges the notion the news is prepackaged and fed them by political masters. Because a few people in a newsroom have no idea what's news or what's fake.

by Anonymousreply 1801/26/2013

The Tylenol scare in the early 80's was hatched by Christian conservative government operatives to create fear of Halloween candy tampering. The goal was to discourage children from celebrating the holiday, which was celebrated with devils, witches, vampires, cross-dressing and other things Christians were supposed to be against. Did it succeed? No, but Halloween seems different to me. We spent huge amounts of time trick or treating in the 70's (don't call me an eldergay) and covered huge amounts of ground knocking on strangers doors unsupervised. Our bags held all sorts of candy, tons of it, but also popcorn in bags, homemade cookies, apples, etc. Most people made their own costumes too, to various degrees of success. Now everyone buys mass-produced costumes, kids spend much less time doing door-to-door and more time at supervised events, and everything is scrutinized before eating. At least the witchy themes are still there, and actually, Halloween is sluttier than ever with hooker versions of nurse and pirate costumes.

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

lighten up people - no one is asking if you believe this shit or not - just what the theories are -

At a party a few years back, I was at the time dating a professor (business) and he and his friends were talking about the facts proving that the richest 2% of the world, who live completely under the radar are actually pulling all the strings, and own politicians all over the planet and have devised a plan going back 40 years to corrupt and bankrupt every major country in the world creating a dystopian society where they their following generations would live a world of unimaginable wealth and comfort, free from taxes, persecution and able to do what ever, where ever and how ever they wanted. They believed they truly were the best and the brightest and had to keep their genes pure and anyone who wasn't one of them was just vermin not meant to live..... or something like that. they were assholes anyway - although he had a giant cock.

by Anonymousreply 2001/26/2013

R19, I'm 46 and my mother used to check all of my candy that I brought home from Trick R Treating. When I was 5 yrs old I heard about the "razor blade in an apple" tale/urban legend. You were right about spending huges amounts of time trick r treating. My brother and I would start at 3:30 when we got home from school. But things were different then. NOw parents buy their kids tons of candy anyway. They really don't need a so called holiday or what ever to get candy. Back then McDonalds was a rare treat. Now it's dinner two nights a week for a lot of families

by Anonymousreply 2101/26/2013

R12, I have had a similar reaction. I prosecuted handling white collar cases. Conspiracy theorists argue conspiracies that show they have no understanding how the criminal justice system actually works. It makes it impossible to believe anything else they say.

Having prosecuted conspiracy cases,I know from experience conspiracies exist. But I'm also too familiar with the weaknesses of conspiracies to give credence to the vast majority the stuff I read here or elsewhere online.

by Anonymousreply 2201/26/2013

I agree, R22. Further, it is human nature to be corrupted by power. Most people who have a lot of power want more and exercise as much greed as they can get away with. There is no conspiracy about that. It goes with being human, in most cases.

by Anonymousreply 2301/26/2013

the Franklin pedophile ring in omaha, nebraska in the 1980's

by Anonymousreply 2401/26/2013

Kelsey Grammer saying that he wasn't nominated for an emmy, last year, because he's a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2501/26/2013

Baby, it's all conspiracy, till people get all good.

by Anonymousreply 2601/26/2013

WASHINGTON January 25, 2013 (AP)

A judge has been holding secret hearings in the case of the man convicted in the 2001 killing of Chandra Levy, the latest twist in a high-profile murder that went unsolved for years and captivated the public because of the intern's romantic relationship with a California congressman.

The meetings, held sporadically behind closed doors at the courthouse over the last several weeks, raise questions about what comes next in a criminal case that appeared resolved by the 2010 conviction of Ingmar Guandique. The illegal immigrant from El Salvador is now serving a 60-year prison sentence in Levy's death, but the hearings could signal a problem with the prosecution of the case.

Authorities acknowledged they had no DNA evidence or witnesses linking Guandique to the crime, building their prosecution instead around a jailhouse informant who said Guandique had confessed behind bars that he was responsible for Levy's death. They also said the attack on Levy fit a pattern of assaults by Guandique on other female joggers in the same location where she went missing and during the same timeframe.

Guandique, who was already imprisoned for those attacks when he was accused in Levy's death in 2009, professed innocence at his sentencing hearing. His lawyers said police and prosecutors made him a scapegoat for a botched investigation.

by Anonymousreply 2701/26/2013

Check out HAARP on Facebook. They are convinced that the US is conducting tests of climate-control weapons! Their "evidence" consists of moire patterns produced by weather scanning radar, set to creepy music.

by Anonymousreply 2801/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2901/26/2013

I believe you r20. Makes perfect sense that the uber rich would be that delusional. Glad you took advantage of the evening ;)

by Anonymousreply 3001/27/2013

I grew up in Iowa during the 70s. When Johnny Gosch was abducted, it forever changed how much freedom small -town kids had. The Des Moines Register had done lots of updates with his mom, Noreen Gosch over the years, but the Jeff Gannon stuff really freaked me out. They lived within miles of me.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

Liza had a sex change operation in the sub basement at Studio 54 in the 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

R12 has worked 20 years in the media and still uses the word as a singular noun. What an "expert" in her field.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

R24 comment was interesting so I googled it and got pages of information. WOW, if you have 3 hours to read this stuff, you are not going to put it down until you click every link of this pedophile conspiracy in Nebraska and how it touched our government. It is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

R12 I have a few questions I've wanted to ask a member of the Mainstream Media (MSM) for a long time. Maybe you can address some, or all of them.

1) Why is it that when over a hundred of the most powerful people in the world gather in one place for their annual Bilderberg Group Meetings; where world-changing decisions are made, the MSM completely ignore it.

2) Why is the same true about the gatherings of the most powerful men in America at the Bohemian Grove?

In reference to the first two questions, consider the considerable publicity given to annual gatherings of movie stars at Cannes or for the Academy Awards. Neither of those events led to the 50 year plan for creating the European Union or it's single currency, the Euro. That's just one example.

3) Why does the MSM continue to ridicule people who witness UFO's regardless of their credibility (reports from pilots, members of the military, even astronauts!) When retired NORAD Generals spoke at the National Press Club (in 2007, I believe) about multiple experiences in which UFOs took full control of nuclear missile installations, it wasn't covered by the top news story of the year, if not the decade! This is still going on and the MSM is still pretending that the increasing number of sightings aren't happening, or explained by a lame excuse (balloons, usually.)

4) Hawaii and the U.S. west coast is beginning to see radioactive flotsam wash up on shore from the Fukashima Nuclear reactor. Concerned people with Geiger counters, have in fact detected dangerously increasingly radiation as far east as Maine. Why is this threat to our health not covered by the MSM?

5) Speaking of the skies and the health of Americans, why are members of the MSM apparently blind to the criss-cross patterns of Chemtrail spraying that spreads and blankets our atmosphere-eventually settling into a coating of Strontium, Barium and Aluminum?

6) My last and most important question: will there ever be a "tipping point" where so many people see UFOs, that the MSM will finally tell the truth. UFO's have already closed O'Hare and other airports for a time, the entire city of Phoenix witnessed them in the famous "Phoenix Lights" incident and remember the vortex that opened in the sky above Stockholm when President Obama received his Nobel Peace Prize? How can we as a society, and you as a member of the MSM still pretend nothing is happening?

I realize you and everyone reading this can so easily take the "low road" and ridicule me for asking these questions, despite the specific incidences I mentioned to back up my inquiries. Still I hope the long "Eyes Wide Shut" phase of human existence will come to an end and we will learn the truth about these subjects; as well as HAARP, The Denver International Airport, Plum Island, The rat poison (fluoride) put into most municipal water systems in order to save Florida's aluminum industry from the expense of safely exposing this toxic waste product.

So many real stories are out there, that despite the agreed-upon agenda of the five companies that control the American media, I believe the truth will not be suppressed forever.

by Anonymousreply 3501/27/2013

Time to change the tinfoil in your hat. It's not working.

by Anonymousreply 3601/27/2013

"vortex that opened in the sky above Stockholm when President Obama received his Nobel Peace Prize"

The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway.

by Anonymousreply 3701/27/2013

"Plum Island"

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

by Anonymousreply 3801/27/2013

R9 The definition of "Conspiracy Theory" is a psy-ops label developed by the military and the CIA in order to discredit the undeniably sharp increase in the presence of UFO's apparently in response to our species reckless pursuit of ever more destructive nuclear weapons.

I enjoy the subject, because I am naturally curious, skeptical of "The Powers That Be" and intrigued by the vast and disparate "Conspiracy Theories" that make far more sense than tired, insulting stories concocted by the government and military and promulgated by the controlled corporate media.

Some lesser known ones readers of this thread might want to look up are: The Philadelphia Experiment, MK-Ultra, The targeted killings of microbiologists beginning in the 1990's, Aduvents in vaccines-including the flu shot-and how they don't just cause autism, they are linked to autoimmune and neurological illnesses and even peanut allergies.

Another classic, and extremely despicable, is the story of how Donald Rumsfeld with the help of the Reagan Administration poisoned the nation by ignoring the grave dangers of ingesting NutraSweet.

We live in a world run by the slimmest percentile of the population, whose vast wealth and power give them unlimited control over life on the planet and access to truths darker than we can ever imagine-far too real and serious for the MSM to even consider contemplating.

We don't know their names, we wouldn't recognize their faces-but they rule the planet and have done so with an ever tightening grip.

by Anonymousreply 3901/27/2013

R34, watch the banned Discovery channel documentary, its on youtube.

The John DeCamp book is interesting too.

Not sure how much I believe though.

by Anonymousreply 4001/27/2013

Ron, link me the best stuff on Plum Island.

by Anonymousreply 4101/27/2013

R36 I'm not a tinfoil hat wearing lunatic. Like I said, just curious about the mysterious things that are happening more and more. Very concerned about the chemicals we're being sprayed with almost daily every summer, and disappointed, but not surprised, by the corporate media that ignores it all.

R37 I had the city wrong. In the context of the extraordinary event (which inspired the pilot of the NBC series "The Event"), it's hardly consequential. Wouldn't you agree a vortex in the sky, a wormhole, whatever it was, should be considered a momentous occurrence?

R38 Plum Island is not charming. The nefarious research done there led to the epidemic of Lyme Disease, the West Nile Outbreaks and, perhaps, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome epidemic that has struck me personally. I urge you to read "Lab 257" to truly understand.

By the way, do any of you have answers to the six questions I posed in my earlier post. Whether you're in the MSM or not; I'd assume you might have a sensible, non-insulting opinion about those key issues. I'd be interested to know what you think without the "tinfoil hat" derogatory labeling.

by Anonymousreply 4201/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 4301/27/2013

I heard that the wealthiest men and heads of companies have taken over the power from the citizens of the US by buying or bribing our elected officials to vote or block laws regardless of what is in the best interest of the people of this nation to favor their interests.

In other words, the US has secretly become am oligarchy.

Oh, this is perfectly legal and everybody knows about it but we're still pretending to be a democracy? Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 4401/27/2013

R43 My last name is pronounced KlopfanSTINE, not STEEN. But, I don't know what difference that makes, or what you are alluding to.

by Anonymousreply 4501/27/2013

It's not that some theories aren't really out there, it's that any questions directed towards the government issued explanation are always countered with a laugh and a label of "conspiracy theory."

by Anonymousreply 4601/27/2013

R35, I've been interested in the radiation from Fukushima also. It's still an ongoing disaster for all this time and the media has totally went black on it. I suspect because we are totally helpless as to what to do about it. I, myself, am suspecting as it goes on and on with no way to stop it, this unreported ongoing radiation is going to impact to some degree the fertility of this planet. I also think eventually the Japanese will be close to extinct due to the slow sterilization of it's populace. If not that, then overwhelmed with birth defects. The impact is already showing up in animals/plants/insects there. Remember, this is ongoing, has not been stopped, nothing has been encased in cement like Chernobyl. I think they don't talk about it because nothing at all can be done to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 4701/27/2013

I've read too many odd things about the Denver Airport to ever think that there isn't something very strange going on there.

The tunnels to nowhere, and the entire runway "built in the wrong place" and then covered with dirt are too weird to be dismissed. I buy the really extreme theories that it's a base for welcoming aliens, but I do think it has the secret facility to operate the government if Washington is attacked.

by Anonymousreply 4801/27/2013

[quote]I buy the really extreme theories that it's a base for welcoming aliens

Oops, make that "DON'T buy."

by Anonymousreply 4901/27/2013

R48, have you ever seen the murals at the Denver airport? That place creeps me out like no other.

by Anonymousreply 5002/06/2013

Where's Ron klopfanSTINE? I enjoyed his perspective on the MSM.

by Anonymousreply 5102/07/2013

I'm not poster 12, but I worked in financial media for five years before starting my own company, so I can easily answer your question.

The reason none of these things are covered by "MSM"--and part of this relies on your definition of "MSM"--is that there is no more investigative journalism left. Now that all the great, independently minded and owned newspapers have either sold out or gone under, "MSM" is all public relations.

by Anonymousreply 5202/07/2013

Ron, the vortex was explained as a russian missile test gone wrong and about plum island being charming, I guess you never saw Silence of the Lambs? I'm with you on the radiation bullshit though.

by Anonymousreply 5402/07/2013

What about that town in Arizona or New Mexico that has a constant humming noise to it? It was on the Discovery channel.

by Anonymousreply 5502/08/2013

Google: Taos humming sound

by Anonymousreply 5602/08/2013

I have always been interested in the theory that AIDS is man-made and was given in the 1978 hepatitis B vaccination trials in NYC and San Francisco in which only gay men were allowed to participate. Eighty percent of the men died early on from it.

by Anonymousreply 5702/08/2013

r42 go ron :)

I don't think you are mad at all. Not all of us believe the matrix and reality we are told exists around us.

by Anonymousreply 5802/08/2013

Spielberg and Zemeckis always wanted Michael J Fox to star in Back to the Future. But the studio's deadline as to when production could start and Fox's television taping schedule made it impossible. So they hired Eric Stoltz. After a few weeks, they showed the studio executives what had been shot so for. The the high action scenes (the skateboard chase, the gun fight in the mall parking lot, the tense final minutes before McFly is sent back to the future) impressed the studio heads. But they also showed them the worst takes they got from Stoltz. It was then very easy for them to make their case that the film would be a lot better with Michael J Fox, who it turns out, was now available. The executives agreed: going over budget and over schedule to recast the lead was preferable to what the film was shaping up to be with the lackluster Stoltz.

I think Spielberg and Zemeckis knew all along Stoltz was not going to complete the picture. They used him just to buy time until Fox was available.

by Anonymousreply 5902/08/2013

The Grey aliens are actually "evolved" human time travelers (probably Asians). Their pallor is because they were forced to live underground because of an environmental disaster (i.e. fukashima).

by Anonymousreply 6002/08/2013

R57, that's silliness. The information you posted, whether yours or transcribed, is in error.

HIV is a retrovirus, which cannot be man-made.

A teenager from the USA died in 1969 and a woman from Western Europe died in 1977, neither of whom had any connection to the Hep-B vaccine trial.

I've known conspiracy theorists who also believe the biological warfare theory, which makes no sense, as HIV usually takes years to kill. HIV is also relatively fragile & not easily transmitted. Only in gays' dreams do soldiers fuck each other, and do so bareback.

There are idiots still pedaling the theory that HIV is harmless and does not cause AIDS, including the emaciated Latino whore allegedly hired in the past by Tom Cruise.

I'm convinced that HIV has been in existence longer than most believe, as does a friend who worked for big pharma.

HIV-1 is believed to have originated in Central Africa and HIV-2 is believed to have originated in West Africa. Both developed in humans from a mutated simian (primate) retrovirus. Westerners are almost always infected with HIV-1.

I have my own theory of how HIV was introduced to the Western world:

The Belgian Congo was a West Central African nation that later became known as Zaire, then the Democratic Republic of the Congo (or DR Congo).

In the summer of 1960, the civilian aspect of the Belgian Congo Airlift rescued thousands of Belgian nationals and flew them home via Sabena Boeing 707s after the former African colony gained independence and violence erupted. Africans were also among those airlifted to Belgium.

The first AIDS cases in Africa later recognized as such were in Zaire & neighboring Burundi. They involved PCP pneumonia, meningitis, & severe wasting, dating from 1962-76. Remember, Zaire was formerly the Belgian Congo.

The first AIDS research project in Africa was set up in Zaire in 1984 after a severe outbreak of aggressive KS in Zaire & Zambia.

An epidemic of AIDS via heterosexual contact in Africans occurred in Belgium in 1983. This demonstrates several key factors that are too technical & detailed to discuss here.

Although I don't know how HIV made its way to the USA, I have little doubt that an infected African(s) airlifted from the Belgian Congo in 1960 introduced HIV to Belgium.

Using a preserved blood sample, the world's first confirmed AIDS death was a man who died in the Belgian Congo in 1959! I only learned this today, more than a decade after reading about the Belgian Congo Airlift when a "light bulb had popped on in my mind."

I hope that some work is being focused today in the DR Congo because it's painfully obvious that's where the origin of HIV/AIDS is located, or very close to it.

Finally, a comment about the Hep-B vaccine conspiracy theory since that theory implies there was an evil plan to exterminate gay men:

Then, as well as now, if everyone would simply always use condoms, then no one would get infected, suffer and die from HIV/AIDS!

(Most of the facts herein obtained from and "New Scientist")

by Anonymousreply 6102/08/2013

[quote]The Grey aliens are actually "evolved" human time travelers (probably Asians). Their pallor is because they were forced to live underground because of an environmental disaster (i.e. fukashima).

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

by Anonymousreply 6202/08/2013

Years ago (90's) my then boyfriends mother, who was a microbiologist at J&J, told us that she had worked on the team that found a cure for rabies, but the treatment for it for was more expensive so TPTB wouldn't produce the cure even tho treatment was only extending life.

by Anonymousreply 6302/08/2013

Thanks for the support R58 . Thanks for the info R53, I've been fighting Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for almost 10 years now and I'm never going to stop so any information, leads, etc. are appreciated. I've volunteered to be in some studies having to do with DNA markers, but your suggestions are new to me and I'll follow up.

R54 It actually wasn't me who described Plum Island as "charming," it was someone hiding behind their "Anonymous-ness" who responded with that when I raised it as an issue for people interested/concerned about Conspiracy Theories. I had missed the "Silence of the Lambs" reference when I saw the movie, but after reading "Lab 257" a non-fiction history of the facility, it was mentioned. So, that adds Anthrax to the list of horrors that were and are still spilling out from a not-so-remote island between Long Island and Connecticut. A pretty grim thought considering all the storms the East Coast is almost constantly being lashed with.

Who ever it is that keeps making a big deal out of the pronunciation of my last name-I don't understand your point and can't imagine how it could be valid anyway. You may not agree with me, but at least I stand by what I post by using my real name.

by Anonymousreply 6402/08/2013

I meant to add that R52 makes an excellent, however unfortunate point; our democracy is imperiled by the decline of expensive, yet invaluable, serious, investigative, fearless journalism. It's impossible to distinguish fact from fiction in a culture where analysis, "spin" and aggregation of other people's journalism suck the life out of dogged, disinterested news gathering.

by Anonymousreply 6502/08/2013

bump for more!

by Anonymousreply 6602/16/2013

Alternative 3

by Anonymousreply 6702/16/2013

The Nazis found evidence of an advanced civilization pre-dating our own beneath the Antarctic ice. They spent a great deal of resources trying to uncover tech that would allow them to win the war, even as the Allies closed in on Berlin. We took over their base on the continent after the war, and many of our current tech comes from things we have found under the ice.

by Anonymousreply 6802/16/2013

Nonsense R61.

Almost everything you've posted is a lie. Retroviruses were created in labs forty-five years ago.

All the early "cases" you refer to before 1978 have been debunked, except one which you didn't mention, involving a Norwegian sailor.

Considering the sex trade in Kinshasa, it is abundantly clear that the disease breakout happened in New York, not Africa. Indeed, southern Africa has pretty much always had a higher infection rate than central Africa, another little tidbit Mr. Shilts got wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6902/16/2013

I might add that KS has been around forever and cases of KS do not prove anything regarding HIV.

by Anonymousreply 7002/16/2013

The 1969 case was St. Louis teenage Robert Rayford possibly a homosexual African American who had never been outside St. Louis whose immune system had collapsed. In 1987 a Western blot given to his tissue tested positive for HIV, but this was never confirmed and there were never any other possible cases from St. Louis. What is known is that the army sprayed zinc cadmium on St. Louis as a chemical warfare test, and one site they did so was half a block from Rayford's house, meaning he could have been the victim of cadmium poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 7102/16/2013

Cadmium poisoning

by Anonymousreply 7202/16/2013

The continual reappearance of the 1969 lie, which was debunked more than twenty years ago, means not only that HIV was likely a government conspiracy but that it continues.

by Anonymousreply 7302/16/2013

Whoa -- r71!

The plot thickens!

by Anonymousreply 7402/16/2013

Not for HIV, for antibodies to HIV. Western blot was notoriously poor.

by Anonymousreply 7502/16/2013

It may have been radiation poisoning rather than cadmium poisoning. Here's the use of St. Louis' public housing projects for chemical warfare testing.

by Anonymousreply 7602/16/2013

It also suggests why the government demolished Pruitt-Igoe years before similar projects were taken down elsewhere. To hide a massive crime.

by Anonymousreply 7702/16/2013

The Earthfirst article

by Anonymousreply 7802/16/2013

Let's review what happened. The Army wanted to test dispersion of radioactive materials using public housing projects similar to the housing being built in the USSR. They picked Minnesota but somebody there (probably Humphrey) got wind and stopped them, so they used St. Louis. They found huge health effects they didn't bargain for and just a couple years after Robert R. died they tore Pruitt Igoe down saying it was a failed social experiment, rather than military genocide. And now they are using the death of one of the subjects to "prove" that AIDS didn't start in 1978 in New York as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine trials but was actually around all along. You tell me if the government isn't capable of 9/11 or any other crime, given what they've done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 7902/16/2013

I had somehow never heard about the vortex over Norway when Obama got his Nobel Peace Prize and that kind of stuff freaks me out.

Kind of like the tape that caught those weird lights over the Dome on the Rock freaked me out.

I witnessed some very weird lights and high winds in downtown Chicago a couple years back in fall 2010 that I have never been able to explain. To deal with the uncomfortable weirdness this episode engendered, I have tried to convince myself that the light display was either some promotion related to the movie "Skyline" that was releasing the following weekend or somehow the light of the moon reflecting off some high-spinning wind turbines on the top of a nearby skyscraper. But let's just say I'm a lot less dismissive now of UFO conspiracies.

As for the aliens as super evolved human time travelers idea... I could see that.

by Anonymousreply 8002/16/2013

I am pretty agnostic on this issue, but it wouldn't surprise me if HIV was the project of some right-wingers who had figured out that homosexuality was genetic and so introduced the virus in an attempt to kill off the gays.

Of course, such a plot would have ultimately completely backfired in the sense that it brought so many people out of the closet and created a huge outpouring of sympathy toward the gay community from many in the straight community who otherwise to that point had really negative views on gays.

by Anonymousreply 8102/16/2013

I think all the U.S. scientists involved with chemical and biological warfare since the 1950s should probably be tried and executed for crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8202/17/2013

Bump for the addle-brained twits who believe any horseshit the corporate-owned media shoves in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 8309/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 8405/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!