Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who knew she had a film coming out this weekend? NOBODY because she wasn't even featured in the commercials.

The movie, starring Jason Statham, is a giant flop and Deadline deems JLo's film career DOA.

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2013

Lopez has way too much negative baggage.

She was never a good actress, but now when she appears on screen people think “See you next Tuesday” — except they are lying. They NEVER want to see her again.

She is so smug, entitled and annoying. She really needs to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

"Out of Sight' and "The Cell" were good flicks. "Monster-in-Law" was a tolerable popcorn flick. I'll reserve judgment for Parker. I forget what other movies she was in. Oh, Angel Eyes was interesting. She's better than Goop and Anniston, at least.

by Anonymousreply 201/25/2013

What do you mean her collapse is complete?

She's got a fashion line, make-up commercials, produces a reality show, has a movie coming out...huh?

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

Let us not forget that Patti LuPone also starred ins this film and played J.Lo's mother.

Jesus, Patti has had a shitty year.

First her big broadway comeback with Debra Winger was cancelled after 20 performances and was ravaged by the critics, then she had to tolerate Andy Cohen's banal bullshit on WWHL, and now her big movie career has gone up in flames.

Did I also mention that Bernadette Peters has an Emmy bait arc on this season's SMASH?

Patti will have to start doing a new one-woman show this year and call it:

"Yeah...So My Life Sucks"

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

Her nutty side showed the week she was supposed to get married to Ben Aflec and broke it off in some high drama thing after spending 1,000,000 plus on the event.

She has been on a slow downhill decline ever since. In about 20 years, she will be found shottin up at a cheap hotel with Erin Moran while watching Happy Days.

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

What's funny is that when I mention her to most people they say how ugly her young boyfriend is and wonder what she is thinking.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

Haha. That'll teach HER to criticize my acting skills!

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

[quote]She is so smug, entitled and annoying. She really needs to just go away.

I agree. Can't stand her or that annoying loud Bronx accent. I don't know who keeps giving her movie roles when she hasn't had a hit movie in years.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

I hear so many negative things about her, she comes off unlikeable because of all of the rumors of her being a nasty diva. I couldn't stand to look at her on The Daily Show the other night because of that, turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 901/26/2013

Her original fanbase all grew up. She released her first album when I was 16 and I'm 30 now - nobody my age has cared about her in years and the teens and early 20-somethings of today don't care about her since she's old enough to be their mother.

I think her problem is not only the lack of talent, but SHE never bothered to grow up like everyone else did. She's still trying to do the same music, movies, and image that she did when she was popular a decade ago and it looks silly now at her age.

by Anonymousreply 1001/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1101/26/2013

And the studio probably paid JLo millions and millions for a movie that's flopped immediately.

by Anonymousreply 1201/26/2013

Jennifer Lopez to star in "The Cell 2" (release date 2015) and "The Cell 3" (release date 2016)

Songstress Jennifer Lopez is once again teaming up with director Tarsem Singh to revive the character of Catherine Deane for a follow-up to "The Cell," originally released in 2000.

Says a source, "Jennifer and Tarsem have kept in contact over the years and both had expressed interest in continuing to tell Catherine's story."

Critic Roger Ebert heralded the film as one of the best of 2000. The second and third installments of "The Cell" franchise will not reference the direct-to-video film entitled "The Cell 2" that was released by New Line Cinema in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

R6=Marc Anthony

by Anonymousreply 1401/26/2013

Agree with r15

I think blind ambition made her star. She does give off a crazy vibe when it comes to men.

by Anonymousreply 1601/26/2013

This is so sad...she has 2 children, an ex-husband, and a grandson (named Casper) to support!

by Anonymousreply 1701/26/2013

IDK about movies and other things,but since `On the floor`, her music career finally lifted off again,so OP will have to wait a bit for her collapse to be complete.

by Anonymousreply 1801/26/2013

[quote]IDK about movies and other things,but since 'On the floor', her music career finally lifted off again,so OP will have to wait a bit for her collapse to be complete.

Actually, the only reason her recent singles have done well is because each of them has the current "hot" rappers of the moment on them. If these young rappers weren't on her singles, nobody would be buying them. And her last album flopped big time.

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

Plus RedOne.

by Anonymousreply 2001/26/2013

SHe is a very beautiful woman and holds the screen as well as a dozen other romcom actresses. The problem is, she doesn't seem to have good taste or the ability to pick good projects.

by Anonymousreply 2101/26/2013

[quote]Actually, the only reason her recent singles have done well is because each of them has the current "hot" rappers of the moment on them. If these young rappers weren't on her singles, nobody would be buying them. And her last album flopped big time.

But, we're talking about her collapse. If her singles are successful, she has prevented collapse. Why does the reason they are successful matter?

by Anonymousreply 2201/26/2013

As if it`s about albums anymore,18.

by Anonymousreply 2301/26/2013

R22 = J LOW fanboi

by Anonymousreply 2401/26/2013

I am still in therapy over her idiot, uneducated and inept voice saying, "Gobble, gobble."

She can't go the Julie Andrews way too soon.

by Anonymousreply 2501/26/2013

I think she's great in "Shall We Dance?" (The whole cast is.)

by Anonymousreply 2601/26/2013

Has she had another hit other than On the Floor?

by Anonymousreply 2701/26/2013

I just watched "Monster-In-Law" on cable, and J-LO was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 2801/26/2013

R27, probably successful in American Idol.

by Anonymousreply 2901/26/2013

[quote]I think she's great in "Shall We Dance?" (The whole cast is.)

That's because Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon are in it.

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT said she had the comeback of last year. I still don't know how she merited all that money for AI given that her career was circling the drain at that point.

Who knows if this film will do much harm. I like her, though, and find her relatively harmless. Better actress than most give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 3101/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 3201/26/2013

SLP is doing great!

by Anonymousreply 3301/26/2013

Is Benny Medina still managing her?

by Anonymousreply 3401/26/2013

She is good looking, but she is not talented nor particularly charming. She is ambitious and perhaps was a competent chorus girl dancer. She certainly cannot sing.

by Anonymousreply 3501/26/2013

Don't be fooled by the rocks that she got, 'cause she's just Jenny from the block.

by Anonymousreply 3601/26/2013

JLo was always B-grade talent. She wanted to be famous and she met her goal. But she has limited acting skills and is not a singer. As an entertainer, she peaked in the 90's. Now she is a brand, which is another category of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 3701/26/2013

They keep giving her film roles because she practically works for free, just to keep in front of the public. Go ask Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 3801/26/2013

Peaked in the 90s? No.

by Anonymousreply 3901/26/2013

Fucking Bitch

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013

Right after said had her kids, she did some god awful, lip synching nightmare of a performance wearing an almost see through sparkly jumpsuit. I think she fell at one point

Anyone remember and if so, what show was it on?

by Anonymousreply 4101/26/2013

She is wealthy. Movie career is not going to continue but a lot of women stars in their 40's are in the same position. She can put out a song and do magazine covers, maybe a t.v. show. 45 to 50 is the dead zone for most women. But she used Idol for $20 million and publicity, so kudos to her.

by Anonymousreply 4201/26/2013

She has a weak, mediocre voice like another "singer" from her generation whose name also begins with a J....

by Anonymousreply 4301/26/2013

JLo was supposed to guest judge on the season 5 finale but bailed on them at the last minute with a bogus excuse. The next day pictures came out of JLo competing in a triathlon.

JLo's career peaked in 2003. She had a second wind because of American Idol and got a hit single out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4401/26/2013

R41 That performance was on the 2009 American Music Awards. She fell on her butt. I think it was done on purpose to get publicity. At that point her career was near death. Then she got the AI deal.

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2013

The season 5 finale of what?

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013

the Australian S&P/ASX 200, the Canadian S&P/TSX, the Italian S&P/MIB and India's S&P CNX Nifty. The company is one of the Big Three credit-rating agencies, which also include Moody's Investor Service and Fitch Ratings.[2] Its head office is located on 55 Water Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City.

by Anonymousreply 4701/26/2013

R46 Project Runway. Oops, I forgot to write it out.

by Anonymousreply 4801/26/2013

Oh, makes sense, thanks R47.

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2013

Thanks r45

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2013

That Casper dude? When he talks the entire Chanel Spring collection falls out of his mouth, not just the damn purse.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013

She is like Ricky Martin, they have entire audiences in Latin America that they can tour for and make money from and never have to work in the States again. Just because she is old news in the US doesnt mean her career is dead.

Here she is on a Spanish language documentary doing Capoeria with some hot Brazilian men

by Anonymousreply 5201/26/2013

You know JLo is going to be like Raquel Welch. Always dressed up and a huge star in her mind. I admire her business savvy. Fly Girl to international star is impressive. I don't buy any of her products, but clearly others do.

by Anonymousreply 5301/26/2013

J.Lo should date Kevin Falk.

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!