Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Painful Constipation

It's not a glamorous topic but I know some of you have been there. I had plans to go out tonight but that have been siderailed by a terrible, painful case of constipation that has hit me. I haven't used the bathroom in several days but the abdominal pains started this morning. By this afternoon it has become almost unbearable.

I've been reading online and people are advising not to take chemical laxatives like Ex-Lax if you have abdominal pains but I wanted to know if that's the most immediate relief. I mean, I don't know if I can deal with this too much longer.

I never get constipated and I don't know why this is happening. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary. I'm getting scared and I absolutely don't want to go to the hospital for something that I can possibly treat at home. Please help!

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

Scat troll! Scat troll, scat troll scat troll!

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

Dulcolax works extremely well. I'm lucky to be quite regular, but if thrown off I can rely on it. Do not buy the knock-offs; they aren't anywhere near as good.

by Anonymousreply 201/25/2013

Glycerin suppositories are a godsend, and safe. And cheap.

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

Prune juice, OP! Fill up a SOLO cup with the stuff (preferrably Dole), gulp it down, and within the hour you should be running to let go of your new-found Hershey squirts.

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

OP, if you're really in pain, you need to go to a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

OP, you may be becoming lactose intolerant. Did you eat heavy dairy products in the last couple of days? Ice cream and melted cheese can be deadly.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

If you can't drink prune juice, eat some oatmeal or prunes daily. Keep glycerin suppositories on hand and use them if you've gone two days without. If you're really blocked, try magnesium citrate, which is a sweet-sour syrup that works every time without screwing up your gut.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

I did have a bowl of ice cream, r6. But that's not unusual for me. I don't understand why it would wreck me so suddenly.

The pain is bad but I'm not doubled over. I find that ginger tea is helping to relieve it somewhat. I'm just worried about not using the bathroom because I know the longer one goes "compacted" the higher risk of becoming toxic.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

Have u taken any meds?

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

Stop shoving things up your ass!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

Had the same thing last year. After 3 days of pain on a Saturday I went to the ER. 6 hours later I was in emergency surgery for an anal fissure. It was ready to burst which could have been deadly. Go see a doctor!

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

OP: [R5] is right. If you were just constipated, I'd say you aren't getting enough fiber. In which case you could start adding fiber powder to your meals (always remembering to drink a glass of water at the same time). But if you're in pain, go immediately to your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

call B O B B Y he'll dig it out for you

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

I've mentioned this before but will again. Senna leaf tea will unclog you, and I mean it will really unclog you so be prepared to spend some time at home or always near a toilet for a while after taking it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

OP, you might want to check out the "Have you ever had a doody accident" thread. There might be some tips for you...

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

Go to an urgent care facility. You might have an obstruction.

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

Please go to the ER ASAP. You likely have a blockage at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

Have some beans

or some dried prunes

problem fixed

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

I bet you are going to give birth to twins at any moment.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

r11, the pain isn't in my rectum, but rather my stomach. Anal fissures are caused by constipation, not the other way around. The pain in my stomach is because of the blockage in general. I feel like there is an immovable lump in there. I don't like taking harsh treatments so I'm inclined to go the prune juice route but I also want this to be gone by Monday as I can't imagine going to work like this.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

OP: Stop playing Fun With Computers and go to the emergency room NOW!

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

OP you need to take the Ducolax, and then you need to stop with the ice cream. I used to eat icecream until one day, I couldn't eat ice cream. I am now lactose intolerant and I wasn't until several years ago.

I can eat yogurt and frankly eating yogurt ever day has helped me. I also take probiotic capsules and metamucil every day. Ginger tea is a wonderful digestive aid. But I drink green tea too.

I developed a lot of digestive problems and it took me years to get things right. Now I realize sweets and sugar is constipating, lactoses intolerance, sensitivity to gluten, no red meat or processed foods or alcohol, except wine.

OP, do you exercise or are you sedentary? 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, especially walking, every single day will greatly assist you in regularity. In fact, walking is critical.

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

I prescribe fire cracker therapy.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

Thank God I have never been constipated. Rarely have loose bowel movements. My ass is working perfect. Maybe cause i am a top. OP, are you a bottom, ever?

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!