Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

"For the new Congress, that means bringing together a bipartisan pro-life majority and getting to work," Boehner said. "In accordance with the will of the people, we will again work to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, formally codifying the Hyde Amendment."

by Anonymousreply 20402/04/2013

Is it any wonder they're trying to rig future elections?

They know they can't win based on their lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

First term abortion is not wrong; a zygote is not a feeling "person" yet). I wonder when everyone is going to wake up to the nightmare that exponential population growth is creating? The right wingnuts think they're advocating for children by limiting abotion rights, but why don't they care about the growing number of hungry, and UNPARENTED children in this country?

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

My abortion slogan:

"There Aren't Enough!!"

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

Fuck off and abort yourself, R2.

Let me guess: You're a man.

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

[quote]Abortion is wrong.

Really? At one point? The moment of conception when some guy's sperm found some woman's egg and fertilized it? A day later? Three weeks later?

The restrictions set out by the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade are reasonable and should be retained.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

Yeah, make abortion illegal, because more unwanted children who will grow up into destructive polluting consumers is just what the world needs.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

Today's Republicans are so despicable. Even Reagan wasn't this extreme. Yeesh. What kind of country is this becoming?

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

What about jobs? Shouldn't they be more concerned about that?

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

With all the major problems facing this country from unemployment, deficit, international issues and a deteriorating infrastructure....ABORTION is the #1 problem that the leader of the GOP is deciding to focus on this year????

No wonder your party is in the twilight of their years.

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

Why in the world would you want to end welfare...I guess starving children in the street is your goal?

Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?

Is that you Eb?

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

We are so fucked up as a country, half of our adult children do nothing more than play video games...yet R2 believes we should have MORE. I think we should learn how to raise the ones we have. Immature adults having children, great idea, R2.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

The US unemployment rate is nearly 8%.

The US ranks #11 in per capita income.

The US ranks #17 in education. We're behind Poland, for Christ sake.

Republicans really need to pull their heads out of their asses and focus on what's important. They also need to leave people the fuck alone to make their own medical decisions.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

[quote]half of our adult children do nothing more than play video games

I'm sorry, what? Do you have any source for that outlandish claim?

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

Not near the top of anyone's list for important issues for congress to deal with. Stats needed for "the will of the people." According to who?

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

And what are we saving these unborn babies for and from, R16? What are you prepared to pony up, because it seems to me too many people opposed to abortion of unborn babies don't have the same healthy interest in what happens to babies that are born.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

Sorry, meant R17. My eyesight was affected in utero because my mother couldn't afford prenatal care.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

It part of their effort towin the female vote.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

Ok r17 troll, other than trying to control a woman, what are you doing specifically to help the children already born and living miserable lives in foster homes, poverty, etc.? And what are you doing to help stop unwanted pregnancies, such as encouraging sex ed in school and birth control availability? And what do you do about all the absentee fathers who don't help support their children? My guess is nothing and you probably wash your hands of all of it when you leave the clinic protests.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

From Sister Joan Chittister, a Benedictine nun:

[quote]"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

These shriveled fuckers just can't help themselves. They run claiming their number one priority is the economy and jobs and yet it's ALWAYS it's their social agenda they push instead when they get there.

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

Sister Joan has the potential to shut them up.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

[quote]fight for those babies

They are not yours to fight about, fool.

Besides, you won't give a fuck about them once the become a baby, at the breath of life...

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

I find it rather absurd that these people who want to end abortion and save babies, are the first ones to put a 16 year old to death if they commit a serious crime.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

R17 making abortion illegal does NOT get rid of abortion. It just makes safe abortions limited to the wealthy & privelaged. Abortions were happening before it was legal.

You want to minimize/help eliminate abortion?? Do stuff that works.

- advocate for birth control access - allow plan B access (help cut down pregnancies post rape) - Republicans "lifers" step up and adopt ALL the babies including the non white ones, those fathered by rapists, mothered by drug addicts etc

All that making it illegal does is fullfill this inexplicable need of lifers that get off on trying to control or shame others. Because if truly ending abortion was genuine ... you would be advocating policies that actully show results in reducing abortion

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

Decent people don't fight about abortion, decent people know that it's about a mothers life. Decent people understand why roe vs wade is the correct way to go. Decent people don't play false morals games about abortion. Decent people know when to help a child, and that's after it's born.

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

I'd like to see him try and end it--I'll be out there with all the bitches in this country ready to burn it down to preserve the hard won right to choose. I agree, if you want 'em, you raise 'em and take responsibility for how they turn out, in other words, put your money where your mouth is.

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

That says it all. You're an unmitigated fool, r32, with a real sad obsession.

Get your priorities straight.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

[quote]And we will be there to fight and [bold]kill you[/bold] R31.

Wow, that is so "pro-life."

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

Do you remember in the early 70s, it was popular to tell "Dead Baby" jokes?

I'm just saying....doncha remember?

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

R19 is on the right track. Anyone who is anti-choice needs to directly support unwanted children.

by Anonymousreply 3701/26/2013

Will this even go over into some sort of legislation? Will Americans let this even become an issue debated as law?

After all the women bashing from rush, akin, etc., I would think the minute a repug, much less a man and I mean MUCH LESS, even uttered taking away women's rights would be dragged out in the streets.

fucking repugs, obessessed with controlling a woman's body and what other do in the bedroom. They're like the bundys, dahmers, specks of the house but in suits.

by Anonymousreply 3801/26/2013

If you kill me r32, I might be dead, but you'd STILL be an ASSHOLE!!

by Anonymousreply 3901/26/2013

Republicans want to shrink government so small, it can fit it inside a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013

And we'd have no qualms about killing you R32. Cuz, you know, we're anti-life anyway, according to your "logic" so why not just kill your worthless ass and the claim self-defense. "Oh, look, the dead idiot was trying to attack me. Too bad he's dead."

by Anonymousreply 4101/26/2013

R14, you're wrong. Gay people have every right to have an interest in abortion rights. Firstly because Roe v. Wade acknowledges an inherent right to privacy upon which Lawrence v. Texas is based. Any gay person that doesn't support Roe v. Wade is stupid. If Roe falls, conservatives will move to strike down Lawrence next.

Secondly, the religious conservative point of view is that a woman should not have sex outside of wedlock. In their narrow view, there is no need for a woman to have an unwanted child even in cases of rape. They only acknowledge sexual relations in service to reproduction, not as an intimate, pleasurable experience between two consenting adults. They do not acknowledge the legitimate existence of homosexuality. You're either straight, married or you don't exist. There go all your rights. Gay people can't get married, they shouldn't be having sex, they shouldn't exist. That's their view.

Roe v. Wade is a powerful piece of legislation. It's not about killing children - birth control and sexual education can deter that. It's about personal freedom, it establishes that a woman is not chattel, that she has ownership of her own body, the primacy of the host body and protects her from being unwillingly turned into a baby machine in a patriarchal society. It establishes that she has a choice and that choice is just as powerful whether she's choosing to abort her fetus or carry it to term. It establishes her reproductive rights and that she is entitled to full medical care in keeping with her female anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 4201/26/2013

I am a woman and if I were pregnant I would have and flaunt a frivolous abortion just to watch pro-lifers' heads explode in a hot crimson supernova of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 4301/26/2013

Sweet mother of mercy, when a so-called pro-lifer tells someone who sez he'll actively protest against attempts to roll back abortion provision tht "we'll be there to kill you", you know that the nutters have taken over, are roaming the streets, and are using their right to carry handguns to start murdering the rest if us,

WTF you headcase [R32], do you have any understanding of another person's right to life ? You think a foetus as rights that a sentient adult doesn't ?

by Anonymousreply 4401/26/2013

An abortion is already nearly impossible to get in many states due to harassment of medical caregivers and the increasing removal of funding for Planned Parenthood.

We're back in the days of the coat-hanger again. Insane.

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2013

It's so strange what the extremists focus on; abortion, gays, and guns. Isn't this queer?

Everyone knows that legal abortions brings down the abortion fatalities, gay rights make for healthier relationships and unfettered guns are dangerous to everyone.

What's the obsession with regression? I just don't get it, I never will.

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013

Not content to lose the last presidential election, the repugs want to lose the next election also

Keep up the good work of alienating women voters by interfering with their private lives. That's the job of small government the repugs love to boast about

by Anonymousreply 4701/26/2013

I think it's so interesting that gays are against social engineering when it comes to gay marriage laws etcetera but are so quick to try to determine the lives of poor black and Hispanic woman. Very interesting and amusing but not really surprising.

by Anonymousreply 4801/26/2013

[quote]An abortion is already nearly impossible to get in many states due to harassment of medical caregivers and the increasing removal of funding for Planned Parenthood.

What's weird is that those who are anti-choice bitch the loudest about welfare mothers. They want to be in control of reproductive rights but they don't want to take responsibility for the outcome of their beliefs. Come on, you can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2013

[quote] What are you prepared to pony up, because it seems to me too many people opposed to abortion of unborn babies don't have the same healthy interest in what happens to babies that are born.

You're not being fair. They have a healthy interest in building more prisons, pursuing the death penalty, and if all else fails, having these unwanted kids join the military!

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2013

And here I thought Republicans were talking about how to change their ways.

Next up: Mitch McConnell will tell us that his most important goal is to make sure Obama doesn't get any of his ideas approved.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013

Smoke and mirrors of politics. Get the weak minded to froth a faux moral outrage!

While the Republicant's have their mindless followers hypnotized they twist and cheat the USA.

by Anonymousreply 5201/26/2013

It is so profoundly strange how Republicans want to turn the click back on issues settled years and decades ago- from repealing the Affordable Health Care Act to overturning Roe v Wade to getting rid in income tax (at least on the state level). Yet global warming, equal rights, infrastructure, and immigration reform mean nothing. They have become in my view the strangest political party almost in our history.

by Anonymousreply 5301/26/2013

[quote] try to determine the lives of poor black and Hispanic woman

Gays determine lives? Ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2013

Irregardless of what the Republicons say, they DON'T want abortion to be illegal. It is a wedge issue that usually helps them. They traded it in for their attack on the gays, but they are clearly losing that battle so they've dusted off his oldy-but-goody issue which has done well for them in the past. If they were serious about stopping abortion, they had 8 years to do so under Bu$h, Inc. (at certain points during that long national nightmare they had the White House, a majority in congress AND a right leaning Supreme Court).

by Anonymousreply 5501/26/2013

[quote]What's the obsession with regression? I just don't get it, I never will.

They know what the future will look like, they can't cope, so they cling to their imaginary vision of the old days and grasp on to anything, no matter how reprehensible, they think will create it or give them a sense of control.

by Anonymousreply 5601/26/2013

[quote] Irregardless

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 5701/26/2013

Liked your post, r42, but Roe v. Wade is not legislation.

by Anonymousreply 5801/26/2013

Abortion is a fake issue. No abortion law ever made could stop women from exercising control over their own bodies. It is precisely because they cannot effectively stop it that they make it into an issue. It can't be "solved" with a law so they can use it forever (which they thought they could always do with gays, too, but were disabused of this notion in the last election).

by Anonymousreply 5901/26/2013

The goal of course is misdirection, let the public think they are getting something when all they are getting is screwed by the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 6001/26/2013

The insecure straight white male is getting more and more desperate.

by Anonymousreply 6101/26/2013

[quote]The goal of course is misdirection, let the public think they are getting something when all they are getting is screwed by the 1%.

That would be more understandable if anti-choice were more popular. The last polls I saw showed that a fairly sizable majority of the public is pro-choice.

The major failing of the Republican party is in getting involved in issues that aren't popular and aren't apt to win any elections outside of the most backward parts of the country.

by Anonymousreply 6201/26/2013

R48, I have no idea what your post means and I don't think you do either.

by Anonymousreply 6301/26/2013

Thank you Charlie, R48 made no sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 6401/26/2013

omg. did they learn NOTHING from november's election results?

by Anonymousreply 6501/26/2013

Are they trying to create a permanent underclass to do all of life's dirty work?

by Anonymousreply 6601/26/2013

Republican't logic, keep saying the same ludicrous thing over and over, over and over, over and over.....

by Anonymousreply 6701/26/2013

social engineering my ass.

by Anonymousreply 6801/26/2013

R14 - Is that you Mitt? You did say you were not going away. And it is interesting you will fight for those babies before they are born but afterwards, you throw the middle finger at them. Anyway, Roe v Wade will never go away, because most Republican politicians except for a handful, couldn't care less. They use it for leverage to get elected and re-elected but so far it has been 40 years and nothing has changed and you know why? Because they are fucking liars who don't really care about a zygote but use idiots like you to further their careers. Hell most of them have probably paid for a lot of abortions for their side pieces.

by Anonymousreply 7001/26/2013

R69 if only your mother had paid attention!

by Anonymousreply 7301/26/2013

I agree with R74. It is a problem. One in which I have no stake. So I respect the reproductive rights of women to make their choice about their body. It's none of my business.

In reality, I can't believe Bonehead is going out front on this. I suppose it's some kind of a wedge tactic to try to lure in Latinos because they're Catholic. I can't imagine a civilized country in the west ending safe, legal abortion. Then again, I can't imagine a civilized country with gun laws like this one, so maybe the US is a special (head) case. Sometimes, I despair.

by Anonymousreply 7701/26/2013

R75 that's the problem isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 7801/26/2013

7 in 10 American polled support Roe v. Wade, and want Abortions to remain legal.

by Anonymousreply 8001/26/2013

Oh because your original remark at R69 wasn't "caddy" R79?

Just another ignorant bastard whose mother missed the mark.

by Anonymousreply 8101/26/2013

Does r79 not realize he's mysogynist? He's not even trying to conceal it.

If he weren't gay himself, he would probably hate the "perverted sissies."

by Anonymousreply 8201/26/2013

I don't think R79 is gay, he/she sounds more like a shit-stirrer sent here to argue about the typical repug values: guns and taking away the rights of women.

by Anonymousreply 8301/26/2013

More Repug asholery classism. It's poor and working class women who need Planned Parenthood.

Wealthy woman, the daughters, wives and sisters of Plutocrats always will have access to abortions at their physician's ultra-exclusive, discreet medical offices.

The kind of places where, if it even crossed the empty mind of a so-called "pro-life" preotester to picket, their ass would be arrested for disorderly conduct so fast it would make their head spin.

Pro-lifers are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 8601/26/2013

Well, when you think about it charlie @ R53, look at how they refuse to accept that Romney not only lost but that President Obama won re-election with conviction we haven't seen since 1996. They never accept that they have lost and so it goes when rulings don't go their way - they just NEVER accept it, never accept that an issue has been resolved and move on. Never. It's a psychotic mix of arrogance, ignorance and entitlement.

Of course, they play the abortion and gay cards because it keeps the ignorant lemmings fired up. The irony is even if Republicans succeeded in overturning Roe v. Wade, THEY'D still have access to abortions.

by Anonymousreply 8801/26/2013

Yeah I know R58. It's a ruling. I tapped that out while I was in the bath tub, go easy on me.

by Anonymousreply 8901/26/2013

"I suppose it's some kind of a wedge tactic to try to lure in Latinos because they're Catholic."

It won't work. As a rule, Latinos - even or especially Catholic ones - look the other way when an abortion is needed. They're very pragmatic about their religion.

by Anonymousreply 9001/26/2013

He doesn't give two shits about ending abortion. His role is to galvanize those who care about that issue to his real agenda, or the agenda of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 9101/28/2013

ugly man

by Anonymousreply 9301/28/2013

Ironic that his name is Boehner since he is such a Boehner-killer.

by Anonymousreply 9401/28/2013

Nobody is killing any fucking babies!

by Anonymousreply 9601/28/2013

They howl so much about the unborn yet they don't give a damned about the living.

It would be nice to help the living (and reduce gun violence) by working to end suicide instead.

by Anonymousreply 9701/28/2013

Some facts for you, R95

The overall U.S. unintended pregnancy rate remained stagnant between 1994 and 2006, but unintended pregnancy increased 50% among poor women, while decreasing 29% among higher-income women.[1] • Overall, the abortion rate decreased 8% between 2000 and 2008, but abortion increased 18% among poor women, while decreasing 28% among higher-income women.[3] • Some 1.21 million abortions were performed in 2008, down from 1.31 million abortions in 2000.[4]

• Congress has barred the use of federal Medicaid funds to pay for abortions, except when the woman’s life would be endangered by a full-term pregnancy or in cases of rape or incest. • Seventeen states use public funds to pay for abortions for some poor women, but only four do so voluntarily; the rest do so under a court order.[18] About 20% of abortion patients report using Medicaid to pay for abortions[6] (virtually all in states where abortion services are paid for with state dollars).[19] • In 2006, publicly funded family planning services helped women avoid 1.94 million unintended pregnancies, which would likely have resulted in about 860,000 unintended births and 810,000 abortions.[20]

Your abortion savings aren't going to go far.

by Anonymousreply 9801/28/2013

Wow... way to imagine reasons to impose your values on other people, R99.

Your intention and your justification would make you a fine born again Christian if you ever want to switch who you hate. (And don't claim you don't... 'because she spreads her legs for any hairy beast that smiles at her?')

by Anonymousreply 10001/28/2013

If conception starts at life when does life end?

by Anonymousreply 10301/28/2013

Well Clinton pretty effectively ended the Federal welfare programs.

by Anonymousreply 10401/28/2013

I've been having a great time hanging around The Data Lounge. For about six months,I've been spending a few hours a night feeling like I'm home. Honestly,I haven't enjoyed myself intellectually this much ever! The time I get to spend here has really become important to me. I'm sorry to hijack this thread,but I wanted to let you know I'm sincere,before I ask this. (Would someone please start a thread?)... Who are the straight people here,and what are they doing? It's taken me awhile to ask because I really want to know. In my mind I'm imagining a rational explanation (wishful thinking?). But I cannot imagine why someone who's not gay would be spending their free time here? For myself the enjoyment I get from Data Lounge comes from identifying with men who want to discuss the same things I do. So even if you are one of the straight people,enlighten me,please.

by Anonymousreply 10501/28/2013

It sure would. There would be abortion clinics in every town. At local malls even.

by Anonymousreply 10701/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 10801/29/2013

Roe is important for gay men because it led to the end of laws making homosexual activity illegal. IT's the right of privacy and self-determination.

by Anonymousreply 10901/29/2013

Dear retard @R102, I think you mean to say "life starts at conception." Which makes the notion of a still born baby kind of odd. If life starts at conception what is birth?

A lot of poster's at DL still haven't started life so how do you explain that?

The problem with your OPINION is that it isn't FACT. Why does a fetus spend 9 months in the womb then? A fetus has a lot to go through before it is birthed. Abortion is the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 11001/29/2013

Then, r111, all those rabid anti-abortion nuts will do a 180 and will be pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 11201/29/2013

Fact. Roe vs. Wade is here to stay. No one except fundie christians wants it reversed. I wish those fundies would concentrate on the already born and poor, needy children but they tend to do a "fuck you" once they're born.

All of you against many have you adopted?

by Anonymousreply 11401/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 11501/29/2013

You do know that the statistics for abortion are staggering. 25% of all pregnancies end in abortion. An abortion cost $400 a pregnancy that comes to full term cost $20,000. 12 million abortions are done in United States every year. All this information is available from the pew Center. Just looking from the numbers you can tell that women like having abortions this is not a male issue this is not a female issue this is not a moral issue this is the law. Abortions were made legal because so many were being done even legally. No one should be forced to have a baby they do not want what kind of person will that person grow up in society to be? And it's no one's decision but the person having the baby to make a decision whether to have the baby. This is why we hate Fundies.

by Anonymousreply 11601/29/2013

Johnny B is the only one standing in the way of an economically sound USA.

by Anonymousreply 11801/29/2013

Oh, hon, we've been a little bit socialist for a very long time now. The world hasn't ended. The fact is no one has a good answer for the economy.

by Anonymousreply 12001/29/2013

It should be nobody's business what gets scraped out of a woman's vajayjay.

by Anonymousreply 12101/29/2013

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.

by Anonymousreply 12201/29/2013

So many stupid people who don't even know when they're being trolled.

The comments about "you can't talk to gay people about abortion" is a handy little shorthand to separate the idiots from the trolls they're falling for.

I'm a gay male. A real one, who lives a full life off of the Internet in a big, diverse city with all kinds of people. I am pro-choice and decidedly liberal overall. I even consider myself a feminist. I know very few gay males who are openly anti-choice and hardly any that could be described as misogynist. The handful of misogynistic gay men I've encountered were all well north of age 50, and this is going back several years. Don't really encounter them much these days. I suspect they are literally dying off, like most bigots do.

My point is that gay men don't hate women. Far from it. Most of us are quite sympathetic to women's issues, especially as they relate to sexuality, chauvinism and (hetero) male-dominance. Homophobia is just misogyny taken to its logical conclusion: women are weak, men should dominate them, and men who don't claim their rightful dominance over at least one of them sexually are weak and womanly, too. Most gay men get this, almost instinctually.

Yes. Really. Drown out the trolls for a minute and THINK.

The myth that gay men as a group are misogynist and socially conservative about women's reproductive rights is just that: a myth. It has roots in the belief that gay people all hate and have deep-rooted issues with the opposite sex (see: lesbians, man-hating) and it has been a useful wedge for homophobes spreading lies for at least several decades, since before the womens and gay rights movements really gained streamed.

It's a canard right out of the 50s. Some of you are so stupid for falling for it, and playing right into the right-wingers' hands. They want the queers and sluts to duke it out just like they want to see all minorities fighting one another instead of their obvious common enemy. It is the right wing conservatives we all need to fight against, the ones that seek to limit the rights of all of us.

Stop being so stupid and playing right into their hands.

by Anonymousreply 12301/29/2013

"Abortions free, on every corner" is my slogan.

by Anonymousreply 12401/29/2013

R125 the father is not the one pregnant. When science has figured out a way to transfer an embryo to the father's body then maybe he will have a say so.

BTW, most of the father's are fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 12601/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 12701/29/2013

Um, because many women have boyfriends and husbands who they discuss these things with. I used to know someone who counseled the women before the operation.

How difficult is that to deal with?

by Anonymousreply 13001/29/2013

Women who don't what?

I'm a woman who has also had an abortion so indeed, no, I am not clueless. However, I think you are.

by Anonymousreply 13201/29/2013

It's nobody's business except for the woman, let it go.

This is pathetic, men controlling women through forced pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 13301/29/2013

And in the case of rape? Or incest?

"Father" should have some input?

by Anonymousreply 13401/29/2013

When the father's life or health are at risk because he is carrying an embryo inside his body, then he gets a say in whether or not to have an abortion. Pregnancy alters a woman's body. It's her choice.

by Anonymousreply 13701/29/2013

R135 you have expressed your dislike of abortion over and over on this thread. You are entitled to it but you will not change anyone's mind by repeating it over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 13801/29/2013

Just what i needed today. More John Bonerman drivel. Fuck him and his hard-on for weird last names. He's representing everything that's wrong with the GOP. It's not representing what it used to. I don't think it ever did hold true to its "small government & personal responsibility" rhetoric, though.

by Anonymousreply 13901/29/2013

He is full of hate and self-doubt. Thus his chain-smoking, drinking, crying.

by Anonymousreply 14001/29/2013

R315 that's okay. You are entitled to your opinion but why keep going on and on about it?

Why are you resorting to insults?

by Anonymousreply 14201/29/2013

Just to illustrate what kind of troll R141 is, read R95 and compare it to R117 and R119 (all the same poster as R141.)

by Anonymousreply 14301/29/2013

It's an abortion troll. I haven't noticed it posting on any other threads.

by Anonymousreply 14501/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 14601/29/2013

No, R147, but we know a thing or two about freedom of choice.

And why do you have to qualify "men" with "gay"?

Because you're a rank bigot?

by Anonymousreply 14801/29/2013

[quote]Gay men should stick to what they know about. A woman's body obviously isn't something they have any expertise on

Now thank we all our God.

by Anonymousreply 14901/29/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 15101/29/2013

As far as the father's say or imput into a decision to abort is concerned, I look at it this way: a man can be as involved with his kid or the woman who is carrying his kid for the requisite 9 odd months as he wants to be, or not. He can say all he wants to say to the woman who is carrying his child for or against aborting, but really the final decision should rest with the one who is stuck with having to go through the pregnancy--it sort of evens up the playing field and makes the woman as involved, or not, as she wishes to be too. Even once the kid is born they can give it up for adoption, but as one who is well aware of overpopulation, all manner of birth control up to and including abortion ought to be available to anyone who wants it. Has anyone ever heard of a man (and only a man) paying some random woman to have a kid for him and that after it is born the man takes the kid to raise it? I guess she would be sort of like a walking egg bank as opposed to a sperm bank. Put another way, it might be like the Amazon legend of Greek myth where the men and women come together to copulate and produce kids, however the men take the boys to raise in their society and women (Amazons) take the girls to raise in their society.

by Anonymousreply 15401/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 15501/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 15601/30/2013

Yeah Boehner is a really moral your dreams, lowlife.

by Anonymousreply 15801/30/2013

[quote]I can't imagine any moral person disagreeing with that goal.

And I can't imagine any intelligent person would paint the issue in such absolutist terms.

We should focus on reducing abortions, that is the one goal we can all agree on. Better sex education and access to contraceptives is needed, and the government funding to enact those goals.

Legal abortion should always be protected, though. It is ultimately a woman's right to chose what happens to her body. Abortion itself will never completely go away, and anyone who thinks it will is seriously misguided. A safe, legal and regulated option must always be protected.

by Anonymousreply 15901/30/2013

What R158 said.

by Anonymousreply 16101/30/2013

what r159 said.

by Anonymousreply 16301/30/2013

Good point, r164. The rightwing is always using the "abortion as birth control" meme and idiots who don't think deeply believe it/

by Anonymousreply 16502/01/2013

Why doesn't he end porn?

by Anonymousreply 16602/01/2013

Why doesn't he end prostitution?

by Anonymousreply 16702/01/2013

Cuz the menzzz LOVE porn and prostitution!

by Anonymousreply 16802/01/2013

And the menzzz must never been controlled or question or put upon. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 16902/01/2013

What r169 said.

by Anonymousreply 17002/01/2013

What R164 said. The "abortion as birth control" crowd are idiots. Abortions are expensive not something lightly done. I don't know any woman who wakes up and says "oh, I'll just run down to the abortion clinic after my mani/pedi".

by Anonymousreply 17202/02/2013

172. I know women who think this way. One had 4 abortions and yes it was a covered expense under her insurance policy. She couldn't take the pill for medical reasons and hated condoms.

by Anonymousreply 17302/02/2013

What insurance company R173? I don't of any who cover abortions. D&C's in a hospital, yes, but no abortions. Everyone I know who has had one, including me, had to pay cash up front.

by Anonymousreply 17402/02/2013

[quote]172. I know women who think this way. One had 4 abortions and yes it was a covered expense under her insurance policy. She couldn't take the pill for medical reasons and hated condoms.

And of all the women you know, how many think like this one? How many have had an abortion for any reason? How many have never had an abortion?

Find a behavioural norm and you'll always find some people outside of it, but they won't be the majority.

Abortion as birth control is a deceitful distortion to manipulate emotion on a serious question.

by Anonymousreply 17502/02/2013

Bullcrap, r173.

by Anonymousreply 17602/02/2013

The anti-abortion freaks are freakier than a women wanting to get one.

by Anonymousreply 17902/02/2013

I'm sure if the Republican fundie wing nuts found out that their precious fetus had a chance of being gay, aborting it would suddenly be a non-issue!

Personally, it's a Women's uterus attached to her body, it's entirely up to her. Period.

by Anonymousreply 18102/02/2013

I just want to squeeze that man's head and pop it like the giant zit that it is.

by Anonymousreply 18302/02/2013

[quote]it's all the Republican's fault

It seems to be a Republican topic of conversation, there is no fault given, just fact.

If the gay gene could be detected, there would be more abortions amongst the anti-abortion freaks than the pro-choice liberals, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 18402/02/2013

I've heard some whispers that Boehner may run for higher office...VP anyone?

by Anonymousreply 18602/02/2013

sure, why not!?

by Anonymousreply 18702/03/2013

r185/186 is wack.

by Anonymousreply 18802/03/2013

Why am I a wack? Because you don't agree - therefore I must be a wack? Get your head out of your arse.

by Anonymousreply 18902/03/2013

I'm inclined to agree with, r188.

by Anonymousreply 19002/03/2013

R185 is also a gun nut.

by Anonymousreply 19102/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 19202/03/2013

[quote]174 - Any early term abortion is a D&C.

Yes, I'm aware of this dear as I've had both procedures. A D&C is done in a hospital in the case of a miscarriage or fetal death and covered by insurance. An abortion is cash only and done in a clinic. At least where I live that's how it's done.

by Anonymousreply 19302/03/2013

R193 - It depends on how the Dr. codes. I have never been to a clinic - so I don't know how they operate.

I described a real life situation of abortion used as a form of birth control. You choose to believe what you want (to support your own point of views no doubt).

by Anonymousreply 19402/03/2013

[quote]caddy remarks. Typical.

I'm still just trying to let this sink in....

by Anonymousreply 19502/03/2013

Who cares if anyone has abortions as a form of birth control? It's none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 19602/03/2013

Catty remarks - feel better tool?

Also, when one of you "gentlemen" get pregnant from a dick up your ass or shoved down your throat - then you have a frame of reference to comment.

You all sound like silly little queens trying to shove your immorality on the rest of us.

Let that sink in.

by Anonymousreply 19702/03/2013

Wow r197. Anger just oozes out of every anti- gay, fetus-obsessed pore, huh?

by Anonymousreply 19802/03/2013

Say what?

by Anonymousreply 19902/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 20002/04/2013

[quote]You choose to believe what you want (to support your own point of views no doubt).

Pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 20102/04/2013

Anyone who is anti-abortion should shadow a social worker for a week and then get back to us. You want to protect the fetus in utero ONLY, but you don't seem to give a fuck what happens to it after it is born! You are far too simpleminded to have a valid opinion about anything.

by Anonymousreply 20202/04/2013

They're not pro-"life", they're pro "unborn" because they don't care about that unborn child once it's born...

by Anonymousreply 20302/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 20402/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!