Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are the Republicans' nuttiest women the most prominent in national politics and media?

Have we discussed this before? I'm trying to think of the last Republican women to have gained any prominence on a national basis before Palin and the only three I can come up with are Elizabeth Dole, Sandra Day O'Connor, and possibly Kay Bailey Hutchinson. But all of these women are retired.

Why are the newer offerings that have gained national clout or recognition so woefully inadequate constitutionally (Bachmann for her lunacy) or intellectually? Palin and Bachmann are it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of anyone else.

On the media end Malkin, Ingraham, and Coulter seem to garner the most attention, despite embodying so many qualities that are thought of as unattractive in women. Loud, bellicose, confrontational, and insulting to others (am I missing something?). Or do these qualities draw the attention and simultaneously reinforce conservative men's stereotypes of women with opinions as harridans? Except they can agree with them on the occasions they watch.

by Anonymousreply 1701/26/2013

Um, because no self respecting woman with an iota of intelligence would have anything to do with those misogynistic, woman hating douches? Thus, an opening is created in the republican party for the shrill, mentally ill and generally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

All ovaries are suspect.

by Anonymousreply 201/25/2013

Don't forget that genius from Tennessee, Rep. Marsha Wedgeworth Blackburn.

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

Jan Brewer owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

Ah, yes! I was going to add Jan Brewer, but forgot. Thanks, R4

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

I think the Republicans deliberately use women to voice some of their nuttier ideas, because they think having a "minority" say it supposedly makes it sound less evil.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

The nutjobs like Michelle Bachmann are mostly excluded from appointments to powerful committees, but they get lots of press simply because they're so nutty and make for attention-getting television. The press mostly ignores the ones who actually do have power (Hutchison, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe) because they act like normal people and so don't provide exciting soundbites.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

"...because they act like normal people and so don't provide exciting soundbites."

Bingo. And it's not just politicians. Over six million self-described "evangelicals" voted for Barack Obama in 2012. Have you ever seen one of them on television? Just ONE? No, and you never will. Because they're normal human beings, so they don't bring in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

I've known some fascinating and erudite Republican women.

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

It's true, Marsha Blackburn is a cunt of the highest order, though her fellow hillbilly sister-in-arms Diane Black is giving her a run for her money. I booed Black when she goose-stepped by me at a small-town-Tennessee parade (it was during a food festival) and three goons jumped out of nowhere and stood in front of me so that Der Black didn't have to see any of it.

So funny, the bubbles they live in. "Everyone loves me at the Moon Pie Festival!"

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

Don't forget that bitch Phyllis Schlaffly. Jon Stewart covered her this week when she spoke about Obama taking the nation away from God; Stewart then countered with all the religious references from the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

The Republican party is a business enterprise and it's selling to a particular audience: People that like idiots.

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

Let's not forget Phyliss Shafly and Anita Bryant. Not politicians but Repubs just the same.

As I watched the Republican convention for it's entertainment value, I couldn't help but feel sad for the Republican women there. I just can't imagine life being all that exciting for a Republican woman. Palin seems to have a good time, but she is so ridiculous I even feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

[quote] Over six million self-described "evangelicals" voted for Barack Obama in 2012. Have you ever seen one of them on television? Just ONE? No, and you never will. Because they're normal human beings, so they don't bring in the ratings.

Wow. This is something I want to pass along because it really does speak to Christianity being about pluralities, not some conservative mass drive by Rome or the Southern ignorants in our country. Any link would be greatly appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 1401/26/2013

I just found this on the "Sarah Palin out at Fox" thread. Explains a lot:

I hired Sarah Palin because she was hot and got ratings."

--Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes

She did get ratings for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1501/26/2013

[quote]Malkin, Ingraham, and Coulter

Malkin=Undereducated, semi-literate media whore

Ingraham=Educated whore and harpy who should know better

Coulter=She-Wolf of the SS (and, it goes without saying, Whore and Fraud)

by Anonymousreply 1601/26/2013

She's hardly uneducated if she graduated from Oberlin.

I just Googled her thinking she might have attended Dartmouth and wanted to make sure. Anyway, her Google sidebar lists her height at 4"!?!? Surely this can't be true and someone at Google having a laugh at her expense?

by Anonymousreply 1701/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.