Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

Sarah Palin has parted ways with Fox News, multiple outlets wrote on Friday.

Real Clear Politics was the first to report that Palin — who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year contract with the network in 2010 — will not be renewing it. The New York Times' Brian Stelter later confirmed the news with Fox News.

A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer. Fox News merely told the New York Times in a statement that it wished her the best.

The news is not very surprising, but it does highlight, as much as anything, Palin's diminished relevance. Reports about the increasingly icy relationship between Palin and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been circulating for years. He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid." Meanwhile, her public profile has waned as the years since her bid for the vice presidency grind on.

In August, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman wrote that a new contract for Palin was a very iffy thing indeed. That report came the day after Palin publicly complained that the network had canceled some of her appearances.

By the time her contract ended, it had been since mid-December that Palin had appeared on Fox News at all.

by HAH!reply 10401/30/2013

She's going to have to hit the road on the speaker circuit to subsidize the clan. And her speaker fees will decline and decline as time goes on. I wonder if they've managed to save or invest any of their spoils from the last four years.

by HAH!reply 101/25/2013

[quote]A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer.

$50,000 a year is more than fair.

by HAH!reply 201/25/2013

Wow - has there ever in politics been such a precipitous fall (minus a major scandal) of a once rising star? Even Fox News and the teabaggers have turned their backs on her. She's always been a monster, but I think the Gabrielle Giffords shooting and her reaction (and total lack of empathy) finally turned people against her.

Take note Paul Ryan - this could be you!

by HAH!reply 301/25/2013

This is a big middle finger to her.

by HAH!reply 401/25/2013

Chat a whunt!

by HAH!reply 501/25/2013

Five years later, this site still cracks me up.

by HAH!reply 601/25/2013

She should run to Senate in Alaska next year, I bet she can beat Begich.

by HAH!reply 701/25/2013

Ha ha!

by HAH!reply 801/25/2013

Sarah Palin is a know-nothing moron. She may be politically savvy on a local level, but she doesn't have the mental capacity, insight, depth and intelligence on a national level. Palin talks in sound bites and platitudes but says nothing of any significance.

Damn John McCain for dumping this devicive idiot and her family on the American public--and nearly on the world. Sarah Palin is qualified for next to nothing in politics.

by HAH!reply 901/25/2013

The sweet justice is that she's now a TOTAL has-been (bye bye "speaking fees"), addicted to the $$$$$ lifestyle, probably saved almost nothing from her FOX loot, so will have to rely on Todd's fish catch from now on ...

HA HA FUCKING HA!

by HAH!reply 1001/25/2013

Does this mean she'll now have the time to do "Dancing with the Stars?"

by HAH!reply 1101/25/2013

[quote] A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer.

So she quit another job.

by HAH!reply 1201/25/2013

I didn't quit. Fox news is just too liberal for me to continue.

by HAH!reply 1301/25/2013

[quote]He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid."

I'm sure he (Ailes) feels the same way about viewers. How could he not? Only an idiot would look to FOX for news.

by HAH!reply 1401/25/2013

Love that site R6.

by HAH!reply 1501/25/2013

It's taken a few years for to disappear, but it looks like it's going to finally happen now.

by HAH!reply 1601/26/2013

She's probably made a fortune, and can continue to live very well on speaking fees.

But she won't be in the spotlight at all. Attention will go elsewhere.

by HAH!reply 1701/26/2013

But it's not just about the $$$. Sure she has made more than she ever would have as an ordinary Governor of Alaska. But while she has enough $$$ for life, she seeks attention! She wants to MATTER! This is going to upset her.

by HAH!reply 1801/26/2013

Her fall is very sad. If she had any sort of clue she could have spent the rest of her life living off of McCain's gamble, but it seems like the fall to obscurity is happening pretty quickly. Would not at all be surprised if Todd left her soon.

by HAH!reply 1901/26/2013

Are any of her children fit to earn a living? What will the poor Palins live on?

by HAH!reply 2001/26/2013

I honestly don't think that money will last long. I get the feeling she supports EVERYONE in that family of hers, and she strikes me as the type who doesn't know how to manage or invest money well.

by HAH!reply 2101/26/2013

And she's got some more family turmoil to deal with right now.

Her son just filed for divorce from his wife after 1 year of marriage.

by HAH!reply 2201/26/2013

She's such a bozo.

by HAH!reply 2301/26/2013

"I hired Sarah Palin because she was hot and got ratings."

--Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes

And, it turns, wrong on both counts. Douche.

by HAH!reply 2401/26/2013

[quote]Damn John McCain for dumping this devicive idiot and her family on the American public--and nearly on the world. Sarah Palin is qualified for next to nothing in politics.

What a stupid thing to say.

Sarah Palin was the best fucking thing to happen to the Democrats in YEARS.

by HAH!reply 2501/26/2013

I just hope she doesn't oust little S E Cupp on The Cycle.

by HAH!reply 2601/26/2013

Ailes quote is priceless. By the end of her time on Fox, did Palin make appearances with anyone other than Greta Van Susteren who kid gloved her all the way?

by HAH!reply 2701/26/2013

Speaking of Greta, she is always Sarah's lap dog on FOX because Greta's husband works for Sarah. We will see how long that lasts.

by HAH!reply 2801/26/2013

That was alwasy my fav too R6. I could never decided if I like he degrees hanging on the way or the red phone.

Uh-Oh

by HAH!reply 2901/26/2013

she is profoundly stupid

by HAH!reply 3001/26/2013

Good, she can now go back to being a slaughter house spokes woman.

"certainly, this is fun"

by HAH!reply 3101/26/2013

Maybe one of her kids can go to Hollywood and start a reality show and live off that...oh wait never mind.

by HAH!reply 3201/26/2013

She'll still get to speak at the convention when the Republicans run the Bieber/Kardashian ticket.

by HAH!reply 3301/26/2013

You're right, r25, Palin was a gift to Democrats. As long as she was running off her mouth in public, she shone a spotlight on Republican stupidity and selfishness.

by HAH!reply 3401/26/2013

So long, grifter!

by HAH!reply 3501/26/2013

None of her kids is going to college or getting much education to speak of. Not a lot of help there.

by HAH!reply 3601/26/2013

She didn't realize that keeping the Governor gig would be the best way to keep relevant and in the news. She could have won re-election easily, she didn't have that much to do, and she could have easily done the other gigs while keeping the job.

But entourages are expensive as she is finding out.

by HAH!reply 3701/26/2013

But she had no choice other than resigning as governor because she had so many enemies and couldn't govern the state effectively!

by HAH!reply 3801/26/2013

This woman always eventually burns, disappoints, and pisses off anyone who deals with her, even people who start off as fans. Wonder if there is some mental illness there.

by HAH!reply 3901/26/2013

If they could just get the bitch to leave the human race, all would be well.

by HAH!reply 4001/26/2013

Vanity Fair did a series of articles about Palin after the '08 election and the one thing that was made clear about her was her rather extreme emotional lability. She was characterized as being OTT angry about a given issue one moment, making angry and/or unreasonable demands, and a short while later would be fine and act as though nothing had happened. McCain's campaign staff approached Todd about getting help for her (as in medication) and he laughed them off, saying that she's fine, she just wasn't getting her normal jogging in.

At least one former colleague interviewed flat out said she was a narcissist and extremely exploitative of her relationships until they serve her no longer. Then people get dropped. It all makes sense. Take a look at the DSM IV diagnostic categories and she's a glove fit.

by HAH!reply 4101/26/2013

She now has more time to read publications.

by HAH!reply 4201/26/2013

[quote]Her fall is very sad. If she had any sort of clue she could have spent the rest of her life living off of McCain's gamble, but it seems like the fall to obscurity is happening pretty quickly. Would not at all be surprised if Todd left her soon.

Sad? It's fucking hilarious. Todd leaving her would be the rimshot to the spectacular joke that is Sarah Palin.

by HAH!reply 4301/26/2013

[She should run to Senate in Alaska next year, I bet she can beat Begich.]

She couldn't get arrested in Alaska. She was hated more and earlier there than anywhere else. That's part of why she moved.

But her replacement governor, the execrable Sean Parnell, will run against Begich and he will probably win because 1) Begich is a blue dog loser who's about 4 feet tall and has no compass. Not moral, political, or otherwise. He's also, I think, the only sitting senator without a college education. And 2) Alaskans are fucking morons who are afraid their dicks will fall off if they vote for a Democrat. Especially the women. The only reason Begich won in the first place was because Ted Stevens had just received a felony conviction.

by HAH!reply 4501/26/2013

Can you imagine what will happen to the first fox that crosses through the Palin's Alaskan back yard?

by HAH!reply 4601/26/2013

She sent a resume to the New York Times and Washington Post.

by HAH!reply 4701/26/2013

[quote] This woman always eventually burns, disappoints, and pisses off anyone who deals with her, even people who start off as fans.

That's basically the definition of all republicans

by HAH!reply 4801/26/2013

Here she is trying to look nice and carefree, but looks haggard. FFS, why did she allow a photo of herself with partially erect nipples to be released?

by HAH!reply 4901/26/2013

Just a longer cycle of consumption, but really just:

Taking out the trash.

(More trash next cycle.)

by HAH!reply 5001/26/2013

So, so tranny at r49. No hiding that estrogen has left the building.

Those fake boobs are ridiculous.

by HAH!reply 5101/26/2013

Whom will she blame? Everything is always somebody else's fault.

by HAH!reply 5201/26/2013

[quote]She should run to Senate in Alaska next year, I bet she can beat Begich.

No way! The Alaskan people hired her for a four-year job, and she up and quit after two years, and tried to quit even earlier! Sen. Mark Begich was hired as Senator for six years, and is fulfilling that obligation just fine. Do you really think the people of Alaska will trust Simple Sarah ever again? No.

by HAH!reply 5301/26/2013

That color drabs her down, r49, as does the bad color job on her hair. She should've spent some of her money on a good stylist.

by HAH!reply 5401/26/2013

Face it, the bitch is, was, and always will be nothing more than a colossal fraud. She just got lucky for a few years and now her luck has run out as it always does for those who are faking their way through life.

by HAH!reply 5501/26/2013

How did this dumb ho ever graduate college?

by HAH!reply 5601/26/2013

Sarah Palin received a bachelor of science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987.

This comes as no surprise since she reads every newspaper ever published on a daily basis, also, too, and you betcha.

by HAH!reply 5701/26/2013

R57 - You forgot to mention that it took her six years and about as many colleges to obtain that valuable degree

by HAH!reply 5801/26/2013

R58 I figured she must have had to really struggle in order to finish, because she can barely process a thought.

by HAH!reply 5901/26/2013

In addition to the cognitive struggles, her life must have been super-chaotic back then. She went to college in three different states.

by HAH!reply 6001/26/2013

And they should disinfect the office that she occupied. I bet her snatch smells like walrus blubber.

by HAH!reply 6101/26/2013

I'm surprised that FOX didn't build her into a star with her own show. I wonder why that didn't happen?

They'll be another version of Palin soon enough. The appetite for that sort of whining is endless in this country.

by HAH!reply 6201/26/2013

There's nothing worse for a politician/pundit than to be deemed irrelevant. That is the kiss of death. Sarah Palin just isn't relevant to the political conversation anymore.

by HAH!reply 6301/26/2013

To have your own show, you'd have to be willing to work daily and prepare, show initiative and diligence, and be willing and able to collaborate with others when you lack the goods yourself. I don't think she was willing or capable. Surely, the Fox people must have known she wasn't capable (and probably not willing, too, based on the reports from the McCain camp). She was hired because she was hot to their core audience of middle aged white guys, but she became tiresome and repetitive after while when it became apparent that there's no substance. And you know how many straight men are, they move on to their next fantasy.

by HAH!reply 6501/26/2013

I think you're right, R65. It seems clear that the GOP had D-listed her when she wasn't invited to speak at the convention. I have a feeling that she isn't all that much interested in the big time--her resignation speech, among other things, is the basis for my assumption.

Karl Rove, Team Player, is still at FOX, even after the horrible press he received during the election cycle.

by HAH!reply 6601/26/2013

Oh, don't you worry about Karl. We're just getting started.

by HAH!reply 6701/26/2013

Palin was a hot property when Roger Ailes landed her in 2009, fresh off her colorful run for vice president, and paid her an annual salary of $1 million. Fox even built Palin a studio at her Wasilla home.

But relations cooled between the two sides, and Palin was appearing on Fox less often—complaining on Facebook one night during the Republican convention that the network had canceled her appearances.

The new contract offered by Fox, say people familiar with the situation, would have provided only a fraction of the million-dollar-a-year salary. It was then, they say, that Palin turned it down and both sides agreed to call it quits.

A friendly announcement was planned for Friday, but a source close to Palin leaked the news in the afternoon to Real Clear Politics, saying the former Alaska governor “decided not to renew the arrangement” and “remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism.”

by HAH!reply 6901/26/2013

LOL

by HAH!reply 7001/26/2013

[quote]She may be hated here but she would do better in the ratings than anyone currently hosting on CNN.

For the first couple of programs, yes. And then...?

by HAH!reply 7101/26/2013

Though the show usually sucks, I really hope SNL has Tina Fey on as Palin to make fun of this situation

by HAH!reply 7201/26/2013

[quote]Though the show usually sucks, I really hope SNL has Tina Fey on as Palin to make fun of this situation

I disagree. We need to let her just fade away as she is already doing at rapid speed. Remember, this woman is an any attention is good attention freak, so another SNL skit about her would just make her happy.

by HAH!reply 7301/26/2013

McCain got his comeuppance for foisting this woman on the national stage by his repudiation at the polls.

by HAH!reply 7401/26/2013

I hope the changey thingy works out for her.

by HAH!reply 7501/26/2013

Do you think she'll go to London to do Big Brother? Or maybe team up with Kate Gosselin for a staged photo op to generate interest in a reality show. It's going to come to that.

by HAH!reply 7601/26/2013

You just know that, if she'd lost her election, Michele Bachmann would have been signed on as Palin's replacement tout de suite!

by HAH!reply 7701/26/2013

The problem with Palin is that her analysis lacks depth and her speaking is disjointed. Also, her voice can be grating. She would do better as a print columnist, preferably with a partner.

She should have stayed in elected office as governor and then run for Senator in Alaska. She opted to be a big flame for a short burst instead of choosing a path that would have produced longer term success.

by HAH!reply 7801/26/2013

Shoot, in her younger days, she couldn't even win Miss Alaska and they'll send anyone to Miss America. She could have gone to the national competition, done nothing as Miss Alaskas never do, and then come home and blamed everyone but herself.

by HAH!reply 7901/26/2013

[quote]The problem with Palin is that her analysis lacks depth and her speaking is disjointed. Also, her voice can be grating.

Also, she's a fucking idiot.

by HAH!reply 8001/27/2013

She's a frickin tool.

by HAH!reply 8101/27/2013

She looks a fright at r69. Eat a damn mooseburger, bitch--you're emaciated.

by HAH!reply 8201/27/2013

Back when Bristol was appearing on Dancing With the Stars and those pictures of post-boob job Palin at Kmart appeared, I thought she looked like she belonged perched on the back of some bikers Harley. Well, the picture in the article comes close.

I didn't know this about her, but it sounds like she may have cooked her golden goose:

[quote] Stories of her refusing to confirm or canceling her involvement in party events became legion. Eventually, GOP fundraisers stopped asking Palin to be involved because the bang they got from her name being on an invite didn’t make up for the chaos she and her entourage guaranteed.

Wow. She may be more of a persona non grata than we thought.

by HAH!reply 8301/28/2013

I always looked forward to watching Greta interview "Gov. Palin"! It was like an Onion piece with Palin acting all wise sage up in the hinterlands.

by HAH!reply 8401/28/2013

Greta just wants so badly to get into Sarah's pants.

by HAH!reply 8501/28/2013

[quote]She should have stayed in elected office as governor and then run for Senator in Alaska.

The GOP establishment didn't want her because she passed an oil tax that imposed increased taxes on big oil when oil is above a certain price per barrel. This did not make her popular with the entities that control Alaska (Exxon, BP, ConocoPhillips).

I tend to think that the VP nomination was actually someone's way of getting her out in favor of more oil company friendly Sean Parnell. Obviously it would make someone like her implode. But the ACES tax brought billions of additional revenue into the state and big oil just bought a statewide election to repeal it.

She will never hold elective office again.

by HAH!reply 8601/28/2013

[quote]So she quit another job.

My thoughts exactly!

by HAH!reply 8701/28/2013

As r51 succinctly puts it, "the estrogen has left the building." Even in 2008 it took some very creative costuming and styling to make her come across as "hot." Now she looks like the dried up old redneck granny she is.

by HAH!reply 8801/28/2013

Next up for Palin: Exiting limos sans panties in a crowd of squatting paps.

by HAH!reply 8901/28/2013

[quote]She opted to be a big flame for a short burst instead of choosing a path that would have produced longer term success.

Excellent way of summing it up.

by HAH!reply 9001/28/2013

The reason why Bachmann still is in some kind of power and Palin isn't is that Bachmann knows not to piss off the rich and powerful.

Palin's demise was her stupidity and ego that made her believe that she doesn't need to listen or work for the rich and powerful and she can accomplish everything on her own since her fans will remain loyal to her no matter what.

by HAH!reply 9101/28/2013

[quote]The reason why Bachmann still is in some kind of power and Palin isn't is that Bachmann knows not to piss off the rich and powerful.

Actually, it's because Bachmann was lucky enough to end up in a gerrymandered constrictive district , and even then she almost lost her seat in November.

by HAH!reply 9201/28/2013

Bye bitch. Hope we never see or hear from you ever again

by HAH!reply 9301/28/2013

r92, gerrymandering doesn't come by chance. Someone gave her that win (yeah, it was quite close, but it was a win after all) to put things in her favor. Someone who had the power to do so.

You think this gerrymandering would have happened if Bachman had pissed off as many high-ups as Sarah Palin?

by HAH!reply 9401/28/2013

I'm amazed that Palin would leave Republican fundraisers twisting in the wind about her commitments to appear. It's unfathomable that she would bite the hand that fed her in such a manner. Did she not realize that it would not be to her benefit in the future or was she so enthralled and intoxicated with herself that she thought she was above it all? These are the very same people who could have thrown money or favors in her direction in the future.

by HAH!reply 9501/28/2013

How long until she's shopping around a daytime talk show?

by HAH!reply 9601/28/2013

She was stupid enough to believe her own hype, r95.

Happens all of the time.

by HAH!reply 9701/28/2013

R95, Palin was told by some commentators that she was an even bigger force than Obama himself and that she was the most influential politician on the planet.

by HAH!reply 9801/28/2013

The posters at Free Republic are furious with Joe Scarborough for saying that Palin is over:

by HAH!reply 9901/29/2013

[quote]Lawrence O’Donnell on the entirely predictable end of the Sarah Palin phenomenon

by HAH!reply 10001/29/2013

She's a dingbat.

by HAH!reply 10101/29/2013

I haven't been to Free Republic in years and it seems like their level of delusion has grown by leaps and bounds. They're starting to hate Ailes, Fox News and not sufficiently conservative Republicans. Wow.

by HAH!reply 10201/29/2013

She's a serial fuckup. She had opportunity after opportunity handed to her that most people in politics could only dream of, and she wither walked away or was too stupid and inept to make anything out of them.

by HAH!reply 10301/29/2013

R102, there are also several threads trashing Chris Christie there because he worked with Obama and criticized the NRA

by HAH!reply 10401/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.