Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah faces protest in Canada for using wrinkle cream made with foreskin

She wrangled the truth out of Lance Armstrong about using performance-enhancing drugs but a Vancouver group wants Oprah Winfrey to explain why she has endorsed an anti-wrinkle cream made with human foreskins.

Winfrey, who rose from poverty to own her own television network, will make her first appearance in Vancouver on Thursday before a sold-out crowd at Rogers Arena, with fans paying up to $350 a ticket for a chance to see the TV mega-host live.

But as the crowds pack into the stadium, Glen Callender, founder of the Canadian Foreskin Awareness Project, will be outside with his supporters protesting Winfrey's support of SkinMedica.

Callender says it’s hypocritical of Winfrey to speak out against female genital mutilation, while at the same time saying it’s all right to rub on a face cream made from foreskins from circumcised infant males.

“Imagine how Oprah would respond if a skin cream for men went on the market that was made from parts of the genitalia of little girls,” Callender said. “That would be an outrage and rightly so.”

Callender expects “a dozen to two dozen people” to attend the protest.

Advertisements for SkinMedica say Winfrey has described the product as her “magic fountain of youth and miracle wrinkle solution.” Winfrey didn’t immediately respond to an email asking for comment, but her website recommends the product to deal with wrinkles.

The makers of SkinMedica have said to make their cream they use foreskin fibroblast — a piece of human skin used as a culture to grow other skin or cells.

“I would like Oprah to come to her senses and realize that all children have a fundamental human right to keep all their genitalia and to decide for themselves if anything gets cut off,” Callender said Wednesday.

Callender describes the Foreskin Awareness Project as Canada's “feistiest pro-foreskin advocacy group” with the goal of “foreskin education and appreciation.”

“We’re not an anti-circumcision group,” he said. “What we are against is circumcision being forced on people without their consent.”

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

That's disgusting. Most skin care products are snake oil, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

She's a fake. Always has been. Always will. Sometimes I wonder if her "abuse" stories are actually true or just made up to garner sympathy and ratings. That cream is also probably the closest she has has ever come to dick.

by Anonymousreply 201/25/2013

Gross and R1 is correct. My dermatologist recommended I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. NeoStrata sparingly and some kind of green tea serum for free radical damage. Lots of water too.

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

They use a foreskin because NeoCutis started all this stuff with using human cells and the cells were from an aborted fetus, which promptly made half the population go crazy about it.

So other skin cream companies skipped the abortion issue by using foreskin cells from a living person.

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

I've just rubbed penis on my face? Penis?! Fetch me a bucket!

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

My dermatologist also sold me NeoStrata and it burned the shit out of my face. I put A&D cream on until my face calmed down. At my next appointment I told her what happened and she told me I was wrong, it couldn't possibly have done that. I was sorry I'd tossed the stuff in the trash because I would've made another appointment and used the stuff just to show her how awful it made my skin.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

[quote]I was sorry I'd tossed the stuff in the trash because I would've made another appointment and used the stuff just to show her how awful it made my skin.

Which would have accomplished exactly what except fucking up your face again?

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

This sounds like something from The Onion.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

I bought a foreskin wallet--I give it a rub and use it as a carry-on bag for travel!

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

This is the closest O has ever come to touching a penis.

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

I know alot of guys whonhave foreskin on their face every day and look haggard as hell. So I am not buying it. Plus you can get it for free at a gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

Big mis-step by Oprah, if true.

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

Unless I'm mistaken, it is cultured cells-- meaning it originated from a foreskin source and have been synthesized since, it's not like they're making the rounds at hospitals hoarding discarded foreskin to make their product?

Anyway, true, the headline is Onion-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

Her next gig is for a line of retro WW2 Nazi Germany Human Skin Lamp Shades. You just cant get quality like that anymore!

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

Why is Oprah selling foreskin wrinkle cream?

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

She might as well start pushing Jew Soap too.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

[quote]Unless I'm mistaken, it is cultured cells-- meaning it originated from a foreskin source and have been synthesized since, it's not like they're making the rounds at hospitals hoarding discarded foreskin to make their product?

Where you think they get it from, hon? A Bris?

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

[quote]Callender expects “a dozen to two dozen people” to attend the protest.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

Ok - I've actually tried this stuff, and it works really well.

Seriously. Never bought it - it was a small size and a gift.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

The shit actually works, btw. I ordered it online after reading great reviews. You can use it 2x a week and look great. I heard my dermatologist's assistants giggling about a display in reception, long after I had ordered and tried it. Then I read about it online again. I didn't care at first because I thought it was like stem cells, like "grown skin" or something (lol)

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

The whole thing is beyond farce, from the save the foreskin brigade to Oprah rubbing the ground leftovers on her face. I wonder, right after the Roman empire fell was there anybody left saying "innus retrospectus...' or something?

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

Everyone is getting a new car and some foreskin wrinkle cream!!!

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

Turtlenecked rabbis, wielding clamps and straight razors, have agreed to help Oprah launch a counter protest.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

How is this cream even allowed?

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

No one said it dose not work R20, so dose the soap made from human fat. It's just sick.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

We in the chewing gum industry are breathing a big sigh of relief that these protesters have not discovered what's in our product mix.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

So that's where the foreskins go after Oprah's ground every lost year out them.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

R17, my point was, if I assumed it's artificially produced, then the foreskin advocates are overreacting and are actually giving O free press.

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

There used to be hair care products that had human placenta extract in them!!

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

Fore Skinnes

Zat's nussinge

-- Countess Elizabeth "Bath"ory

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013

It actually works.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

R29 -- exactly. Human placenta shampoos were huge in the 70s. That was before the anti-abortion movement hijacked anything that had to do with pregnancy and childbirth and declared it sanctified.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

Human placenta and human foreskins have been used for years in cosmetic products.both have been used in the medical field for many years. Foreskins have been used to grow new skin for burn patients.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.