Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Russia To Examine Soldiers' Genitals As Part Of 'Gay Tattoo' Directive?

Russia is reportedly planning to go to shockingly intimate lengths to ensure that its military is devoid of gay participants.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that the Russian Defense Ministry's central administration has developed a technical guide that calls for a "physical examination" that includes checking for tattoos in particularly sensitive areas on the new recruits' bodys.

The technical guide recommends "special attention " for tattoos near the face, sexual organs and buttocks, because body art in those areas can potentially reveal "sexual deviations," according to the Times.

"The reason for getting tattoos could indicate a low cultural or educational level," the guide reads, according to the publication. "If an influence by external factors is determined, for example, persuasion or direct coercion, this indicates the malleability of the young man, his disposition to submit to another's will."

Interestingly, the Daily Mail cites a 2007 UN report found that homosexuality and male prostitution is quite common within Russia's military.

Still, whether or not the new guidelines will have much of the desired impact is questionable. One undisclosed battalion chief assistant in the Southern Military District is quoted by the Times as saying: "What will they do, examine their genitals for any tattoos? And how will they ask about someone's first sexual experience?"

The move is merely the latest in a series of measures Russia has taken against its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in recent months. So-called "homosexual propaganda" legislation, which has already been enacted in St. Petersburg as well as a number of other Russian municipalities, is currently being pushed by the Kremlin and the Russian Orthodox Church to be enforced nationwide.

Such laws would would make it illegal nationwide to provide minors with information that is defined as "propaganda of sodomy, lesbianism, bisexuality and transgenderism," according to the Associated Press, and bring a fine of up to $16,000.

Among those to be affected by the legislation so far were pop stars Madonna and Lady Gaga, who both allegedly "traumatized minors" by speaking out in defense of LGBT rights during their concerts in Russia respectively.

Though a lawsuit sought millions of dollars in damages from the Material Girl following the St. Petersburg stop on her sold-out MDNA Tour, a Russian court dismissed the case in November, the Associated Press reported.

by Anonymousreply 5307/11/2013

[quote]his disposition to submit to another's will

So, only those who flag right?

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

[quote]Interestingly, the Daily Mail cites a 2007 UN report found that homosexuality and male prostitution is quite common within Russia's military.

Homosexual rape is quite common in the Russian military. Also, the recruits are poorly paid and poorly fed, so it's not at all unusual for them to prostitute themselves (or each other) out. And these are not new phenomena; it's been going on for generations.

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

Russia has turned into the wild, wild west.

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

Many Russians are starting to look back at the USSR as the good ole days!

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

Typical men.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

I'm available for inspection duty.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

Putin is the new watered-down Hitler via the route of Stalin.

Absolutely corrupt, cruel and plainly control-freakish maniacal.

If my name were Goldberg I would not go to St. Petersburg for the ballet.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

Show me your cock, I need to make sure you're not gay.

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

This shows that Vodka can permanently fuck up your brain

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

I love it - state-directed "I will gaze at every part of your smooth, 18-y-o body JUST to make sure YOU aren't gay - and there is nothing you can do about it..."

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

[quote]Many Russians are starting to look back at the USSR as the good ole days!

I do, too.

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

Why are the Russians so hostile to gays?

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

how do I get that job?

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

R13, because they have a serious *under* population problem. AIDS is through the roof. ODs from drug use is through the roof, Alcoholism is rampant. Couple that with a low birth rate among Russians and you have a problem. They feel if they crack down on Gays and Lesbians, more people will have children. So much easier than dealing with the drug problem, AIDS, and alcoholism. This is also the reason that they came up with the lame excuse to block adoptions.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

All that's bullshit R15. The truth is Putin is a closet fag who intends to persecute his own because of his own mental health problems. Society just reflects the leadership. Ordinary Russians wouldn't give a shit about gays if Putin and Medvedev weren't an obvious gay couple who fag bash.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

As for declining population, the only people who would worry about that are the army. Nobody else cares.

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

Sounds hot!

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

R16, do you know anything about Russia or Russians? Leadership reflects the society. Not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

Putin's Russia is shaping up to be just as horrible if not more than the USSR. Time to stop pretending that Putin is anything more than a dictatorial thug. From his support of Syria and Iran to his mounting human rights violations to his targeted assassinations of political dissidents. The man is not a good leader.

He is an enemy of the West and always has been. The only reason why the international community does not outwardly condemn him is because they want to keep the status quo and not return to the Cold War days.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

Spoken by R19, who failed to notice the first time we won gay marriage elections were after the president had spoken out in favor of gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

I really, really want this job.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

I have no problem with this protocol. Russian twinks are cute, but Russian men do not age well.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

was not were. sorry

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

13% flat tax.

No gay rights.

Russia in my kinda place.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

I guess Mitt Romney was right.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

Once upon a time, there was a jeans ad with a guy on the beach pulling his zipper up and down to show how "reliable" it was. A friend said very cynically, "Some fag thought that up!"

Which was my first thought about these ... inspections.

by Anonymousreply 2801/26/2013

[quote]The technical guide recommends "special attention " for tattoos near the face, sexual organs and buttocks, because body art in those areas can potentially reveal "sexual deviations," according to the Times.

The taints, precious! We musn't forgets the taints!

by Anonymousreply 2901/26/2013

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing how backwards and creepy Russia is with them wanting to punish anyone who is even thought to be gay? They seem obsessed with it. I feel sorry for the gays stuck there.

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013

Yes, the gays are the problem in Russia.

Nothing to do with all those cuddly tattooed gangsters AT ALL...

But if Putin tried to go after them, his horse would wake up with Putin's head lying in HER bed...

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

They've recently introduced a bill in their parliament to criminalise same-sex PDAs as "homosexual propaganda" in order to protect the children who would presumably instantly turn gay of they ever saw 2 males or 2 females holding hands.

What r30 said. There should be trade sanctions against them.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

What is good about Russia? Outside of some beautiful architecture and some good literature, I really have to scratch my head. I've never been but family members have and I've worked with hundreds of Russians (used to work in a Russian political/educational research facility).

Humorless, nasty, aggressive, mean, lying bitches - both male and female. I know they've had a tragic history, but god damn.

I can't think of any other nationality as unpleasant as they.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

I am of russian descent R33 and my family is nothing like that,but then again they got out of there around WWI,though the ones that went back are still pretty great.

I blame communism.

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

[quote]Time to stop pretending that Putin is anything more than a dictatorial thug.

I think he's more than a thug. I think he's a closet case like Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, Rick Santorum, James Dobson and all their gay-bashing ilk.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

Damn, that putin is a fucking lunatic

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

Could someone please explain why facial genital tattoos "prove" that a man is gay?

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

Pootie-Poot-Poot!

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

As with Uganda and Zimbabwe, the campaign of persecution against LGBT Russians is a ploy to distract Russians from rampant official corruption and incompetence. Russian society is very conservative and so it's easy to concoct an internal enemy who can be scapegoated and held responsible for society's ills. Putin is a dictatorial mobster, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2013

homophobia, the worst disease. you can't love who you want to love in times like these.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

[quote]The reason for getting tattoos could indicate a low cultural or educational level,

Quite correct. And one look at Adam Levine might suggest a link between tattoos and sexual ambiguity.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

r16 It's propaganda. Putin is using gays as a scapegoat and as a distraction. I don't know how gays in Russia get by. How can such an influential country with nearly 200 million people be so backwards?

by Anonymousreply 4207/11/2013

So how many straight and gay guys are going to tattoo their nethers so they can get out of military duty in Russia? Anyone with half a head.

by Anonymousreply 4307/11/2013

The Russian Defense Ministry should show pictures of naked men to the soldiers. If the soldier gets an erection, then Nyet!!

Your hard-on prevents you from serving your country, comrade!

by Anonymousreply 4407/11/2013

Why is Russia perpetually about 400 years behind the rest of Europe?

by Anonymousreply 4507/11/2013

Russia has a rich history in the arts and sciences, music, literature, etc. They are intelligent, intellectual society. But this recent bigotry and discrimination toward gays is damaging the country's image around the world. Plus, this attitude and the laws against gays are just plain barbaric and medieval. So unfortunate this is happening.

by Anonymousreply 4607/11/2013

I hope those inspection videos will get posted somewhere I can access them.

by Anonymousreply 4707/11/2013

Why? they'd kill you in a heart beat in the most savage way possible.

by Anonymousreply 4807/11/2013

Evilly delicious, R48.

by Anonymousreply 4907/11/2013

Maybe he's using gays as scapegoats like Hitler did the Jews--because his anti-gay measures seem to be getting stronger and stronger. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 5007/11/2013

R16 and R35 speak the truth

by Anonymousreply 5107/11/2013

It's well known that Tchaikovsky, Diaghilev, Eisenstein and Nureyev all bore tattoos, and accordingly had nothing to contribute.

by Anonymousreply 5207/11/2013

Next up, pogroms.

by Anonymousreply 5307/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.