Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How quickly do you move on from shit?

Like breakups, bad days, bad luck? How quickly do you move on. Sometimes, something happens to me that totally spoils my day and I stay fixated it on it. It'll totally ruin my day. But I think a lot of people are able rebound a lot better than me. So anyway, care to share you secrets.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

3.68 days every time, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2013

Feelings from a break-up can last a lifetime.

Some wounds never heal.

There are always remnants.

by Anonymousreply 201/25/2013

Idle time is the devil's playground. When you have nothing to do it takes longer to get over things. I usually get over bad situations within a day to four days. Occasionally, the memories will pop up in my head from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2013

It's harder for me, as well. Some say I'm too sensitive. I keep hearing from others about how our society is getting more evil by the day, and that's because we've become immune to violence and hate. Obviously, not all of us can join the haters and there's a price we pay for our being nice guys. Stay the course, and run the good race! When I do that, I recover more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 401/25/2013

I am going on 6 years. So much for the counseling. Actually, guy wasn't that good, so probably his fault. That and I know private shit about him. Plus bumping into him at the bars all liquored up. Come to think about it, he is more F-ed up then I am.

by Anonymousreply 501/25/2013

By trash day.

by Anonymousreply 601/25/2013

In general, I get over things very, very quickly. Nothing really sticks to me. I'm upset in the moment and then as the minutes hours wears on, whatever it was that frustrated me just dissipates.

I could have an argument with name-callings with someone and then a few hours later, I'm over it. Back to normal. I can talk to the person normally again (if the feeling is mutual). Growing up in my family, we didn't argue much. When we did, there was no making up. We all just cooled down and things returned to normal.

There is no secret. I think it's a personality thing.

I must say though, there is one person in my life who when we have an argument, I have a hell of a time getting over. Some of the emails are downright mean and it puts me in such a bad/depressing mood. The silent treatment just kills me. I'd rather be yelled at then be subjected to the silent treatment.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

Fubar: moments

Traffic: moments

Work: A day

Romance: A month or two - I have friends and I use my words

Death: Delay of a month, then emotionally bouncing around for a year

Friends: A year to several years

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

Fuck, I'm still burdened from shit that happened to me when I was a little kid. I could never get away from stuff because it always reappears when I get down.

Weed and pills help.

by Anonymousreply 901/25/2013

Move on?

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

Moments, but many sense this so continue to follow.

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

I move on from shit right after I wipe my ass, wash my hands and pull up my panties. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

You have to be secure in your own skin first. Otherwise you're just hanging there waiting to be abused. Never think of yourself as someone's "other half". Be a whole person with your own life.

That being said I hold grudges, and feel vindicated when someone who did me wrong happens upon some bad luck.

For instance, I happened upon a 2005 mugshot of a jock who used to torment me on the bus. It showed him looking disheveled and druggie. A little more investigating and I found that he died a few years after that arrest. His obituary was brief- didn't even mention a showing or any of his surviving family.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.