Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mark Zuckerberg to host a Silicon Valley fundraiser for N.J governor Chris Christie

Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla are hosting a fundraiser for governor Chris Christie, adding their name to the long list of friends that the Republican is collecting in his bid for re-election. The Facebook billionaire has become close with the governor since he donated $100million in 2011 to help improve public schools in one of the state's toughest cities. A fan with that kind of money could undoubtedly be helpful for Mr Christie as he evaluates his presidential prospects for 2016. 'They admire his leadership on education reform and other issues and look forward to continuing their important work together on behalf of Newark's school children. Mark and Priscilla are happy to host him at their home to support his re-election,' Facebook spokesman Sarah Feinberg told Buzzfeed. The event will be held in the Zuckerberg's home in Palo Alto, California on February 13 and no further specific information- including the number of or names of any possible guests.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the individual donations will have to be capped at $3,800 in keeping with New Jersey's campaign finance laws. This is not the first time that Mr Christie will benefit from deep-pocketed fans from out of state. New Jersey paper The Record reports that the governor collected an impressive $2.14million in campaign funds in the final quarter of 2012, a good portion of which came from outside the Garden State. Stuart Sternberg, the majority owner of Florida's Tampa Bay Rays baseball team, donated to Mr Christie's campaign war chest, as did a number of Washington-based lobbyist groups. 'Mark and Priscilla doing an event at their house is indicative of Governor Christie’s appeal. He’s certainly a unique leader,' Mr Christie's political strategist Mike DuHaime told The Wall Street Journal.

Mr Christie publicly mulled the decision whether or not to run for president in last year's race, only to end up supporting Mitt Romney's failed bid instead. Now, in the wake of his bi-partisan and tough-talking approach to gaining funds for Hurricane Sandy relief operations, Mr Christie is enjoying an all-time-high approval rating of 74% in the latest state poll. Such high numbers continue to fuel the speculation over a possible- and entirely likely- run for the presidency in 2016.

The two men appear to have developed their friendship since Zuckerberg, who grew up in the suburban New York neighborhood of Dobbs Ferry, made his large donation to Newark's schools in 2010. In an interview with Oprah, Mr Christie even said that Zuckerberg was the one to support the governor's rule that forbids his teenage daughter Sarah from having her own profile on the social networking site. Mr Zuckerberg has been fairly private about his political leanings in the past, and his only publicly-recorded donations have been to the Political Action Committee run by his company. From there, the Facebook PAC has donated to a spread of both Democratic and Republican politicians.

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2013

Hawt Republicans are hawt.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

Makes me feel good about having dumped Facebook a year ago. That organization is no damn good.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

R1 = moronic asshole

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

So?

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

Odd.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Glad I don't use Facebook. Would hate to have contributed in any way to Christie's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Republican men are so affected!!!

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

All the fag rethuglicans in Congress are the biggest swish-pots. From the speaker of the House to that flamer in the senate, Mitch McConnell. the minority leader. Now there's a laugh riot title, a bigot as the minority leader.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Will Mark show his milky white moobs again?

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Why are we giving this republican attention on Datalounge. He should be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

Oh, goody. Will my Teddy Nugent be there too?

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

R6 = moronic asshole

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

So many gay men are so feminine!!!

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

[quote] All the fag rethuglicans in Congress are the biggest swish-pots. From the speaker of the House to that flamer in the senate, Mitch McConnell. the minority leader. Now there's a laugh riot title, a bigot as the minority leader.

white men are the minority. They are under attack from everyone

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Makes me hate Facebook even more than I did before. Dropped out of it a few months ago and do not miss it at all. And now that MZ has come out as a republican, well, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

Why would a rethug scumbag post of DL, r16? I'm sure there are more welcoming sites than DL. We're all leftwing loonies at DL. We rightfully hate rethugs, but aside from that, we're not the type of lefty-people who could easily go someplace nice for dinner. We're a group of junkyard democrats. We're the good ol boys of the radical left. We, the guys of DL are the men you'll find wearing fishnet stockings with our catholic school pleated skirts, maryjanes with thick combat soles, surely you're not into that? .

So, I ask again, why squat here, r16

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

click *dislike*

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Mark's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

r18, speak for yourself! many gays and lesbians do not abide by gender or partisan rules

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

why did this devolve into a discussion of gay republicans in Congress, when none of the parties in this story are either gay or in Congress?

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

MZ is kinda hot. But he's a competitive jerk, if you believe the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

R18, it's a joke. Straight white men are the most privileged people in America and most other countries, but of course they act like they are real minorities and are persecuted by every one else

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

Facebook is stupid! Mark Zuckerberg is a smug creep!Facebook will be over in less than three years. I'm thrilled I never had any interest(especially the way most people make fools of themselves on it everyday). Now knowing he's conservative affirms what I've felt all along. Fuck him and his wife. Another pair of phobe douchebags. Oh,and fuck Chris Christie! He will never be President!

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

Would Mark Zuckerberg host a fundraiser for a politician who was opposed to interracial marriage?

Mr. Zuckerberg can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

r26, are you saying you agree with Chris Christie's views on interracial marriage?

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

I'm saying I disagree with Christie's views on marriage equality for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

Is Mark Zuckerberg a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

education reform = breaking the teacher's unions

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

Promoted po$t @R25.

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

I honestly thought Zuckerberg was a dem.

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

He probably was until he became a billionaire.

Eh, on second thought, I saw that facebook movie, and I doubt he was ever a dem.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

[quote]I honestly thought Zuckerberg was a dem.

Maybe Zuckerberg feels that because Christie is now viewed as a bipartisan figure who appeals to Independents and Democrats that he is an acceptable figure to support

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

Yuck-erberg

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

[quote]Your blind alliance with Obama is what has led us into the worst financial situation since the depression

You've got your years wrong. The worst financial situation since the depression happened while Bush was President. Things have been slowly getting better under Obama.

But don't let any of those pesky facts disturb your feeling. Because it's all about what you feel right?

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2013

Mark's wife is uglier than Michael Phelps but not quite as ugly as that girl who played Blossom.

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

You'd think one of the wealthiest guys in the world could get a hotter wife.

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2013

Zuckerberg gave $100 million to Newark schools. I can forgive a lot from a guy like that.

by Anonymousreply 4001/25/2013

[quote]Zuckerberg gave $100 million to Newark schools. I can forgive a lot from a guy like that.

They never release a dime without some agenda. If you want to understand what killed America, tour Silicon Valley.

by Anonymousreply 4101/25/2013

Christies biggest mistake was not signing the gay marriage bill. He dropped the ball big time. He would have really blown the doors off the Republican't party.

Instead, like a typical repuke, he caves to the party.

by Anonymousreply 4201/25/2013

Didn't Zuckerberg help Obama "win the White House" in 2008? I remember hearing that Facebook (which had just become available to everyone that year, not just college students) put their support behind Obama and helped him connect with the younger demographic.

Why would he support a scumbag like Christie?

by Anonymousreply 4301/25/2013

He's like every other mega rich guy - he doesn't want to pay taxes so he thinks that cozying up to a repug like Christie (who would no doubt employ the same policies as Mitt)will get him out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2013

Does this ALSO mean that Zuckerberg refuses to accept that I have a human, civil right to live as freely as he does? Because, his butt buddy Chris Christie doesn't and has said as much. Zuckerberg is raising money for this fat evil fuck which means he despises gays and lesbians.

Spread the word.

by Anonymousreply 4501/25/2013

I believe Zuckerberg has committed a fatal mistake. But, what the hell, he's set for life and will always have his chow-mein in bed. I still have to order out to get mine.

by Anonymousreply 4601/25/2013

Christie will never be President. America was ready for a Black President. America will be ready for a female President. America might even have a gay President down the line. But America is NOT ready for a FAT President. Nope. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 4701/25/2013

I don't agree with you, r47. I believe there are enough fatties to elect a president that looks like them. I think the potential for a FATSO party is over ripe here in the US. Walmart didn't become the largest retailer in the world by catering to skinny liberal and conservative people. Obesity knows no party line.

by Anonymousreply 4801/25/2013

Winston Churchill was fat.

And smoked

And drank.

And never had kids around him in photos.

by Anonymousreply 4901/25/2013

Mark Zuckerberg=orange clown bush

by Anonymousreply 5001/25/2013

r49

When was Winston Churchill president?

by Anonymousreply 5101/25/2013

Do you think if you milked his hairy white teats, coins or dollars would drop out?

by Anonymousreply 5201/25/2013

Well, I am super-glad I deleted (not just de-activated) my Facebook account over a year and a half ago, then.

I urge everyone else who is a Democrat to do the same.

Of course, on cue, the Facebook-bots will arrive and defend their company, which has happened in every single thread I have ever seen posted on the subject of Facebook on Datalounge. Interestingly, one of them actually 'fessed up to it the last time, and alluded that he/she was paid to defend the Facebook reputation.

But usually any criticism of Facebook is dealt with sideways swipes along the lines of you-don't-do-what-cool-kidz-do and only-we-know-what-cool-kidz-do. Which, of course, is the entire MO of how Facebook operates, and how it has become so popular: by tapping into a scary combination of innate narcissism and insecurity.

Countdown until the Facebook-bots arrive in 3,2,1...

by Anonymousreply 5301/25/2013

[quote]But America is NOT ready for a FAT President. Nope. Not gonna happen.

We've already had an obese president -- William Howard Taft. He even had to have a custom-made bathtub put in the White House because he was so fat.

by Anonymousreply 5401/25/2013

[quote] Zuckerberg gave $100 million to Newark schools. I can forgive a lot from a guy like that.

The donation came right as "The Social Network" was being released and he was facing a lot of unflattering attention. And rather than quietly making the donation he went on "Oprah" to announce it. It was also odd because Zuckerberg has no connection to the Newark schools. It was more publicity stunt than goodwill gesture.

by Anonymousreply 5501/25/2013

I can't help it. Even though he's fat, I think Chris Christie is sexy as hell. Just something about him. I'm a frequent visitor to his state's Gunnison Beach , and I keep fantasizing about seeing him on it in the altogether.

by Anonymousreply 5601/25/2013

So you are a self-hater? I don't get it. I don't care if he is fat, but why would you fancy someone who doesn't believe in give same-sex couples equal rights?

by Anonymousreply 5701/25/2013

Christie is the biggest, trashiest person around. One big dumb Italian stereotype. He's worse than Scalia.

by Anonymousreply 5801/25/2013

CC could never win with the Republican base in the South. Those peckerwoods would make have on all 4s squealing like a pig based on his stand on guns alone.

by Anonymousreply 5901/25/2013

sorry,

Those peckerwoods would have him on all 4s squealing like a ping based on his stand on guns alone.

by Anonymousreply 6001/25/2013

Dead. To. Me.

by Anonymousreply 6101/25/2013

That's what they said about the Republican base accepting a Mormon. The truth is, they'll take whomever they think has a shot.

by Anonymousreply 6201/26/2013

The Mormon didn't "come after" their guns, r62. It's CC's frankness and RELATIVELY moderate views that will sink him in the South.

by Anonymousreply 6301/26/2013

[quote] Didn't Zuckerberg help Obama "win the White House" in 2008? I remember hearing that Facebook (which had just become available to everyone that year, not just college students) put their support behind Obama and helped him connect with the younger demographic.

Obama used Facebook. That doesn't mean they won the election for him. He used their service. If Obama ate McDonalds every day of his campaign that doesn't mean McDonalds won the election for him

[quote] Zuckerberg gave $100 million to Newark schools. I can forgive a lot from a guy like that.

I'm sure there were a lot of conditions on the money. I never hear anything about the schools in Newark. You would think that a $100 million dollar would drastically turn the system around, make it the best in the country and we would all hear about it. I guess not

by Anonymousreply 6401/26/2013

[quote]Obama used Facebook. That doesn't mean they won the election for him. He used their service. If Obama ate McDonalds every day of his campaign that doesn't mean McDonalds won the election for him[/quote]

Chris Hughes, one of the founders of Facebook, was instrumental in getting Obama elected. Fast Company magazine even had him as a cover story with the headline "The Kid Who Made Obama President: How Facebook Co-founder Chris Hughes Unleashed Barack's Base - and Changed Politics and Marketing Forever." And here's the article inside:

by Anonymousreply 6501/26/2013

Chris Christie- Next President of the USA handily beating Hillary Rodham Clinton. Start bitchin' and cryin' now ladies.

by Anonymousreply 6601/26/2013

Over 33 million of the Facebook money went to consultants. The ACLU forced Cory Booker to release emails between his team & the Facebook organization. Not one penny of tat money will go towards the betterment of public schools. It is all earmarked for charters. Privatization is the name of the game for Christie, Booker and Bloomberg. Union busting and an utter destruction of the public school system. Follow the money...

by Anonymousreply 6701/27/2013

Bump for Facebook support of Republicans and the dismantling of public schools.

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.