Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Project Runway Season 11 - Teams Edition

Watch 16 hopefuls try to scratch, claw and hiss their way to the top!

by Anonymousreply 30903/15/2013

I felt the same way, R1, but so far it's not so bad.

I wonder, once the season is half over and so many people are gone, if they will drop the team thing anyway and let everyone design on their own going towards the finale.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

I'm hooked for life, I'll be watching until it gets cancelled. I'm bet there's always going to be a runway competition show on some network.

Does anyone else have the soundtrack? It came out a long time ago, 1st or 2nd season, but they're still using the same themes, some are a bit altered though. It's mostly dance music but not the type you'd actually dance to in a club. I like it quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

Yes R2, it's ok - I just need to get used to the format a bit. You might be right about them eliminating the team thing later in the season. The designs seem to be a little better than the All-Stars, but maybe I have bad taste!

R3, I didn't realize they had a special soundtrack for the show, I just thought it was standard incidental backing music.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

That blue sheer "jacket" is hilarious. I can't believe she had the nerve to put that out on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

A decent start to the season. Zach Posen needs to relax a little, be willing to be bitchy. Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine seems to be losing the battle with her chin and neck. Heidi as always looked and sounded great. All in all, it looks like there are actually some talented designers this season, even if the winner seems to think curling his nose hair over his lip is a fashionable look.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

"Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine seems to be losing the battle with her chin and neck"

This made me laugh R7.

I loved that silver pant suit the African-American guy designed. It was very well made.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

I tried to feel sorry for Miss Crazy Jacket, but she had greasy hair and I'm glad I won't have to look at it all season.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

This is going to be a hard game to win in this season.

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

I'm surprised their are no tattoo freakazoids this season.

Thank GAWD.

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

"I mean, really, that was butt ugly." - Heidi

That jacket really was the ugliest thing I've seen on PR. What the heck happened?? Her teammates said she had a good design on paper, so why didn't she have anything to go on that first day?

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

Because she didn't have the skills, R12. I knew as soon as they gave her the bitch edit that she was a goner.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

[quote]I'm surprised their are no tattoo freakazoids this season.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

I didn't miss Michael Cors, the Orange Butterball.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

I was skeptical going in, but enjoyed the first episode very much. And now I would like to make out with Zac Posen, if any of you kind folks could arrange that.

I read the other day (maybe on twitter) that Tim Gunn said this is his favorite season (a little meow to Ms. Kors in there?).

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

When is it on? What channel?

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

Am I imagining it or did I in fact read that Zac used to babysit Lena Dunham? The world is becoming six degrees of Lena.

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

Does anyone find Zac absolutely dreamy? I do!

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

Does anyone else get the Joshua-like bitch vibe from that Australian guy? Ain't NO way he is 35 years old!

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the big mouth know it all arrogant cunt went home last night.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

Every competitive reality show feels the need to have the contestants speak to the camera and tell how competitive they are, how they hate to lose, how they're not here to make friends, how this is their dream, this is their shot, I'm doing this for my mother, father, grandmother, etc.

I guess I watch too many of these shows cause I'm sick of these obligatory "ego stroke" segments. I've watched at least 4-5 in the last week: Project Runway, Face-Off, Top Chef, Bobby's Dinner Battle, The Taste, on and on. They all have the same story; it gets redundant.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

[quote]Because she didn't have the skills, R2

That's what I don't get. Did she wheel out somebody else's designs during the audition? If you're going to boast to millions of viewers that you're going to win so everybody might as well just go home, then you had better have the skills to back up that oversized ego.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

What R23 said.

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

On Road to the Runway when Mondo (who used to be so sweet and watchable but just go the fuck away now) thought the creepy Australian was so cute and a Mack Daddy I just about upchucked my Ramona Pinot. The thought of the two of them rutting was just so not right.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

That cunt who got the boot last night is a product of FRAU parentbots.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

"I read the other day (maybe on twitter) that Tim Gunn said this is his favorite season (a little meow to Ms. Kors in there?)."

Oh, sweetie, Tim Gunn always has some suprelative declaration for every season.

Except for the one with Anya...

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

Exactly. At this point dear Tim is just trying to convince himself that he's doing something worthwhile with his life.

I would also ask how did the bitch who got aufed get through her audition? I can only guess that someone else must have, at least, draped, cut and sewed the designs she auditioned with.

And the middle aged lady! Is this character to be reworked with each season? Why must they torture these Peach-like women when they're really just there to be made fun of? Last season's middle ager even escaped without notice in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

[quote]Last season's middle ager even escaped without notice in the middle of the night.

And I saw her this week walking through my office building, with a younger guy and girl in tow, early in the morning around 9 or so. Recognized her right away and wondered what the heck that was about.

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

I don't keep up with women's fashion so I'm just floored by the love for [italic]frankendresses[/italic] -- those assymetrical, uneven, colorblocked monstrosities that look like they were salvaged from several disparate dresses and stitched into one. Two or more designers last night sent these types of dresses down the runway, and the judges seemed to like them. I just don't get it.

Here's one of designs from last night's Runway. Even the model's like, "WTF?"

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

...and here's the other one.

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

I thought I would miss Michael Kors and his bitchy putdowns, but I'm happily swooning over Zac. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

Yes, I hated that dress. I didn't like the asymmetrical dress that the bald guy made and the judges were raving about.

I really liked the dress made by the Native American lady. It was very imaginative.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

The one at R30 was especially pathetic. It looks like someone laid drapery samples over her.

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

r28, I think she probably did have skills. Her problem seemed to be that she freaked out once she saw everyone else's skill level and couldn't make herself just produce something. She dithered until there was no time left to do anything, and then she sewed a little bit. It was almost like she was frozen with fear.

by Anonymousreply 3501/26/2013

Oh please r35. Stop making excuses for her. She sucked! She was talking so much trash talk before the teams were put together. I agree with the person who said she's probably a product of obnoxious parents.

by Anonymousreply 3601/26/2013

r35 just wants to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 3701/26/2013

The lady who left in the dead of night was hardly middle-aged. She was 70.

by Anonymousreply 3801/26/2013

The Australian guy's accent is so affected and quasi-British it's comical.

by Anonymousreply 3901/26/2013

I agree, I hadn't realized Zac was so handsome and with such a great smile!

by Anonymousreply 4101/26/2013

Are there no cute male designers that audition for this show? Jack Mackenroth and Rami are the only hot designers to ever appear on this show.

by Anonymousreply 4201/26/2013

Jack Mackenroth is only attractive if you like that roided-up poz look. I think he looks kind of predatory, to be honest... Not appealing at all.

by Anonymousreply 4301/26/2013

Rami has a great body but has a HORRIBLE lid.

by Anonymousreply 4401/26/2013

They're ain't NOTHING horrible about Rami, R44!

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2013

What's going on with Zac eyebrows? They looked combed to death!

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013

Agree. Rami does have a bad face.

by Anonymousreply 4701/26/2013

Gorgeous photos of Rami. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 4801/26/2013

Seriously? People think this is a busted face?

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2013

That older lady obviously has big bucks. Her house is probably worth a few million.

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2013

Yes, r49.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013

And didn't the older lady actually make the skirt for the one who went home? Which means basically she did the horrible little halter top and the "jacket".

by Anonymousreply 5201/26/2013

The gal who went home first was a spoiled brat. She was too young and immature to be on the show. And she was shamelessly deluded, insisting that she didn't deserve to go home.

It should have been obvious to her that with the crap she sent down the runway, there is no way the judges could send home anyone but her.

The guy who won the first competition (with the long mustache) is going to win. He has great energy, great style & precision, and he has the maturity to work well in teams all season. I see no one who can beat him.

by Anonymousreply 5301/26/2013

Rami always looked like he needed a powdering down. And his hair....the buzzed hairline doesn't appear to recede so I'd like to see what he looks like with his hair grown out just a bit. And his face powdered down.

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2013

I can't believe you Rami haters. He's like my dream guy. I want to have sex with him AND cuddle. Then I'd make him breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 5501/26/2013

Rami is so sexy. And talented. And nice. His boyfriend is one lucky dude.

I do think Rami would look better with his hair grown out some, though.

by Anonymousreply 5601/27/2013

Is it possible Zac Posen made Michael Kors seem butch?

by Anonymousreply 5701/27/2013

Jack Mackenroth destroyed his face with plastic surgery. He looks like Cindy Lou Who on a perpetual roids cycle.

by Anonymousreply 5801/27/2013

There was a guy a few years ago who got booted off the show for some kind of violation. Can't remember his name but he was hot.

I also thought Daniel from several seasons ago was hot, too.

[quote]It should have been obvious to her that with the crap she sent down the runway, there is no way the judges could send home anyone but her.

Agreed, though for just a moment there I actually thought they were gonna keep her for the drama and send the older lady home. Glad I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5901/27/2013

The hottest PR contestant was Keith the gay Mormon from Salt Lake City. He even won a challenge but didn't get half way to the finale.

Also Wesley of the skinny shorts was cute. He might have been the same season as Keith and fell in love with upthread's Daniel of the same season. Neither lasted very long either. Not sure if Dan and Wes are still together.

This was all around 2007/2008

by Anonymousreply 6001/27/2013

R60, is Keith the one who got booted off the show for doing something against the rules?

There was another guy, very talented but he made a bad dress and got kicked off in the second or third show of his season. His name was Malo, Mako, or something like that (from France, I think?). Anyway, he was hot, too.

by Anonymousreply 6101/27/2013

Wasn't the booted-off girl a graduate of one of the fashion design schools? I thought they learned to sew there.

The mustachioed guy who won--does anyone else think his head is abnormally large?--he is self-taught which I thought was code for early loser but clearly he knows his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6201/27/2013

No, Keith just got booted off for lame design, not cheating. He was very soft-spoken and sweet, kind of stoned-out vibe. Big guy with lovely arms that were often seen in sleeveless shirts. Perfect boyfriend material.

The one who was booted off for cheating was sort of sleazy-sexy. He was caught with having some kind of pattern-making research in his bedroom or something like that. Can't remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 6301/27/2013

Is Zac's hole and crack extra hairy?

by Anonymousreply 6401/27/2013

I had the hots for Robert Best from Season 3. He had great arms.

by Anonymousreply 6501/27/2013

"No, Keith just got booted off for lame design, not cheating. He was very soft-spoken and sweet, kind of stoned-out vibe."

Not true. He was the short, aggressive Mormon who frightened the other contestants. Some of them later said he was given to violent rages. This was the same season that had Wesley, Korto, and Kenley, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 6601/27/2013

Yes! Robert Best was adorable. He can be seen pre-PR, cowering in a corner of Isaac Mizrahi's studio in a few scenes from the documentary Unzipped. Glad he's moved on and been a success with Mattel and Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 6701/27/2013

I don't think gay Mormon Keith was short though perhaps he was all those other things.

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2013

Keith Michael is the cute guy who was kicked off the show for breaking the rules during season 3.

R61, are you thinking of Malan Breton?

by Anonymousreply 6901/27/2013

Gay Mormon Keith from Utah is named Keith Bryce. He was on season 5.

by Anonymousreply 7001/27/2013

Rami = meh!

by Anonymousreply 7101/27/2013

That dreadful Valentine girl from Nashville, whose brother is in Maroon 5, claimed she was no longer Mormon - but I think it is a ploy.

Here's their dad, living in Utah and they all look pretty Mormon (with Mormon political views) to me...

by Anonymousreply 7201/27/2013

Rami is sexy but he's got a Billy Goat Gruff thing going on with his face.

For me, the physically hottest guy on PR to date was Jason (from the Mondo/Gretchen season). Unfortunately he proved to be a bit of a douche and voted out very early. But damn I'd love to hit it.

by Anonymousreply 7301/27/2013

Rami? Really? He just doesn't have a nice face. Sorry, Rami troll. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 7401/27/2013

R74, Good, more Ramiliciousness for me!

by Anonymousreply 7501/27/2013

R73, That was Jason Troisi.

by Anonymousreply 7601/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7701/27/2013

Fem queen.

by Anonymousreply 7801/27/2013

Can you believe that there hasn't been a single winner of PR who's gone on to have a successful career as a designer? Christian Siriano looked like he might break through after he won, but what minimal success he had was short-lived. The winners basically get a bunch of money and are never heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 7901/27/2013

Where is Top American Designer Ms. Michael Kors this season, anyway? Why isn't he doing the show?

by Anonymousreply 8001/27/2013

R69, yes, that's him, thank you (though I do think he looks a lot better than that pic on Wikipedia).

by Anonymousreply 8101/27/2013

R80, Seasons 10 & 11 were shot back-to-back, unlike past seasons, where production was given several months hiatus. (Contestants in 10 & 11 were pulled from the same casting session). Madame Kors couldn't meet the scheduling demands since he has a fashion empire to run, and bowed out.

by Anonymousreply 8201/27/2013

Thanks, r82!

by Anonymousreply 8301/28/2013

I want that Australian snobby control freak to go. When he was dabbing his eyes when his team lost, I wanted to shake him.

by Anonymousreply 8401/31/2013

Bad episode, the challenge resulted in boring fashions, all so Sarandon could promote her stupid sports bar.

by Anonymousreply 8501/31/2013

I loved the kilt everyone hated so much.

by Anonymousreply 8601/31/2013

This team thing is already breaking down. Boring. They shouldn't have kept the same teams. The result was too predictable. The fun of PR is watching the individuals begin to develop as personalities. That's kind of missing here, there's too much emphasis on how they work with each other, and worse, how they work with the same each others each time. Really turning out to be a bad idea.

Sad Zac Posen has got to find a personality or he should be auffed himself. He's not funny, bitchy, or interesting. He's just cute. Kors already proved that being cute isn't necessary. I actually miss him. He was good. Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine has been a total zero so far. Not mean. Not nice. Not insightful. Not stupid. Just not. Nothing but not. Heidi and Tim are the same as ever, although it seemed wrong that Tim convinced that nice strange looking boy to drop the denim jeans and go with the kilt idea, which the judges hated. Susan Sarandon you have to admire for not having much work done and allowing herself to age so poorly.

The best thing on the show was that blonde model. Thank God Isaac Misery wasn't a judge. He would have been on top of that as fast as you can say The Gorgeous Georgina Chapman.

by Anonymousreply 8701/31/2013

That was some delicious eye candy. More male models please!

by Anonymousreply 8802/01/2013

Well that was rich. The guy who went off to do his own thing, and did it poorly, had the nerve to say (and I'm paraphrasing here), "I know about teamwork, and we aren't communicating as a team." See ya, James! Glad you're gone.

Loved Susan Sarandon's guest appearance. She knows what she likes and articulated her thoughts well. She had good comments and constructive criticism. Certain past guest judges brought nothing to the table.

by Anonymousreply 8902/01/2013

R63, the one you speak of, who got caught with patterns and was also "missing" for periods of time, he eventually came clean that he had a drug problem and was fixing.

by Anonymousreply 9002/01/2013

I can't believe Susan Sarandon is 67 years old and has a hot younger bf. She looks great for her age.

by Anonymousreply 9102/01/2013

Nor is placing a period after each word. It does not add importance to your fiats.

by Anonymousreply 9302/01/2013

This team shit has got to go. There are some good designers on the losing team who at some points have had better designs than the winning ones on the winning team. I thought the look that won was really mundane in comparison to the two winning looks on the males especially the one by the quiet guy from Providence who I believe teaches at RISD. In fact all the outfits designed for the males were better than any of the ones for the female models. I loved the kilt look. It may not have worked within the context of the challenge but it was fashion and it looked great on the model. You would think from the reaction of the judges that there was something vulgar and at the same time unmasculine about the kilt. Maybe it was the model but that look may have been many things but unmasculine was not one of them. It was awesome. Also was it me or did Spin look like a rec-room in the basement of an Elks Lodge? Wicked ugly. Blow up these teams and let's get back to individual designs and competitions.

by Anonymousreply 9502/01/2013

I want to slap the Australian guy.

by Anonymousreply 9602/01/2013

This show falls apart without Kors's funny and bitchy critiques. The other season that he didn't appear on was boring, too. It's amazing how much he brought out the best in Heidi and Nina. Zac Posen is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 9702/01/2013

The kilt was a great idea and the reaction to it was ridiculously OTT. The logo on the crotch was funny. It's a fucking ping pong rec room for god's sake.

by Anonymousreply 9802/01/2013

I agree that the team gimmick isn't helping this season. We all can predict that they will do the "Survivor" stunt and add members from the opposing team to balance out the challenges. Plus that have designers there who have had scant screen time as it is.

by Anonymousreply 9902/01/2013

The model who wore the kilt did a perfect job. He managed to make it look like a masculine alternative -- which indeed it is not.

by Anonymousreply 10002/01/2013

Poor Susan Sarandon is going to lose a lot of money on that lame ping pong business venture.

by Anonymousreply 10102/01/2013

Owning a ping pong club is a lot more gracious than simply handing cash over to her handsome young business associate.

by Anonymousreply 10202/01/2013

Is Sarandon dating that young guy seen at the beginning of the episode? He seemed gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 10302/01/2013

SPIN isn't new. It's been around for a while and it's not a failure. I thought the winning look was good but nothing special. The white/black T and black pants with the graphic should have won. Hell, I am I the only one who liked the KILT?!!!

by Anonymousreply 10402/01/2013

Susan Sarandon hooked up with the ping-pong guy when she split up with Tim Robbins, 3 or 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10502/01/2013

I don't mind the team thing, it's different, but I still don't understand it. What happens when there's an uneven number of contestants, as there was this week? One of the teams would have to have one fewer persons. Could someone please explain how that works? Sorry but I haven't been able to focus complete attention on either of the first two episodes. I'm also wondering what happens if one team continues to lose, and they keep losing designers. Wouldn't they be quickly doomed having to compete with fewer designers?

by Anonymousreply 10602/01/2013

Last night's usage of the word awesome was off the charts. I swear 13 out of the 15 contestants said it at least a few times apiece.

Michelle: I think it's awesome.

Emily: My look is awesome.

Richard: I think it's totally awesome.

Matthew: Awesome awesome awesome....

Amanda: Awesome.

Stanley: So awesome.

Benjamin: Oh-sam fabric.

Samantha: It's really awesome.

James: That would be awesome.

Joseph: I'd like her to have an awesome smoky eye.

Layana: I have an awesome idea for my design.

Tu: Look at my awesome sketch.

Patricia: Wow, that's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 10702/01/2013

Season 11 designers.

by Anonymousreply 10802/01/2013

I can't get over that eldergay with the evil magician mustache when he wears his jackalope antler necklace.

It was nice of him to give the win to the young girl who got a lot of help from him on the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 10902/01/2013

The model in the kilt was smokin'!

by Anonymousreply 11002/01/2013

R106, the two teams will probably merge and then split into smaller teams or pairs before things become too one-sided.

by Anonymousreply 11102/01/2013

Heidi said at the beginning of the last episode that they would not be switching around the teams this week which led me to believe that they will not be keeping the same teams every week.

I agree that this team concept has been a bust so far -- boring as hell.

The male model with the black white graphic tee, Pasha? He was HOT! More male models please.

by Anonymousreply 11202/03/2013

Oh man! Zac Posen is gorgeous! The problem is when he speaks he is a major lisping queen. I get the strong vibe he is a major bottom too.

by Anonymousreply 11302/03/2013

I get the vibe also that Zac Posen is a snobby person? Dose anyone else get that vibe from him? Well, he is much better to look at than Micheal non handsome Koors. Like I said previously, Zac is gorgeous and each week I can't take my eyes off of him!WOW!

by Anonymousreply 11402/03/2013

Zac is cute, rich and famous. Of course he's a snob.

That blond model was gorgeous. I have a weakness for blond cuties like him. If anyone can find out who he is and post pics, please do!

The designers this season don't seem especially talented. And I know it's New York, but why didn't any of them use color for this challenge? It just seems to me that a ping pong bar uniform could use a bit of color.

by Anonymousreply 11502/04/2013

The team thing is dumb and makes it boring, but the real problem is the missing Michael Kors, he was the glue that held the judging panel together and now its just a snowboarders. Hope he returns for next season.

by Anonymousreply 11602/04/2013

R39, I detect a slight German intonation, so perhaps his dialect is a product of a German immigrant household. His surname is Mach btw, a nice Prussian name.

by Anonymousreply 11702/04/2013

Where on earth are y'all watching this show? I've looked for reruns on Lifetime and searched for it through the FIOS interface and nothing...

by Anonymousreply 11802/04/2013

[quote]I get the vibe also that Zac Posen is a snobby person? Dose anyone else get that vibe from him? Well, he is much better to look at than Micheal non handsome Koors.

"Snobby"? Do people who don't deserve disdain even use such a word? Perhaps he lacks respect for those who can't spell "Does" or "Michael" or "Kors."

by Anonymousreply 11902/04/2013

Posen has a face like a frog.

by Anonymousreply 12002/04/2013

[quote][he was the glue that held the judging panel together and now its just a snowboarders

Snowboarders? What?

by Anonymousreply 12102/04/2013

[quote]Snowboarders? What?

Maybe that's how Siri transcribes smörgåsbord.

Sene from my iPhone

by Anonymousreply 12202/04/2013

How is Posen wealthy? I thought it was virtually impossible for anyone but iconic, long-established designers to make real money at it.

by Anonymousreply 12302/04/2013

I think Posen is cute - not studly hot, but cute.

But I think he works better as a guest judge rather than a Kors replacement. He seems too nice to lay out any biting criticism, and without that it leaves Nina to be the heavy.

by Anonymousreply 12402/04/2013

I'd have more respect for Zac Posen if he had strangled Lena Dunham during one of his babysitting gigs.

by Anonymousreply 12502/04/2013

How is Posen wealthy, R123? Oh, I don't know. Probably because he charges $6,000 for a dress that some 80 year-old Chinese woman got 99 cents to make.

by Anonymousreply 12602/04/2013

lol sorry guys I wrote snoozefest and it autocorrected to snowboarders

by Anonymousreply 12702/05/2013

I figured that, R116. Since the advent of the iPad, I've noticed a lot of 'autocorrects' on here.

by Anonymousreply 12802/05/2013

I was getting tired of Kors as a judge. He seemed to spend his time thinking of witty quips rather than judging the clothes. But Posen is just blah. No personality. It's like he's too intimidated to open his mouth.

The producers are tweaking the formula to keep the show fresh but they won't make the one change that viewers want the most: more time to do the challenges.

by Anonymousreply 12902/05/2013

This team thing has pretty much exposed what's weak about PR this season -- desperately trying to make the show seem fresh and new. It isn't. If they concentrated on their core strengths -- highlighting interesting personalities and showcasing good designers, the program would be working. But the team gimmick is quite poor, with the same team losing over and over. It just seems pathetic, not interesting at all.

Another problem is that whether or not you likzd Michael Kors, he was always smart, funny, and quick to spot weaknesses and strengths, sometimes before they were obvious to anyone else. Poor Sad Zac Posen brings nothing to the show. He's not quick, funny, or bright --and this week, wearing Bozo the Clown's leftover red suit, he didn't even look cute. The guys needs to be auffed immediately. The final problem with the show is Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine's neck. Something terrible has happened down there. Either she's gotten too much work done above it, and the contrast hurts the eyes, or she's been playing too many games of pass the apple under the chin with her children, or editors, or whoever. She needs to buy some crisp and fashionable turtlenecks.

Kristen Davis was actually a pretty good judge. Heidi was shamelessly promotional but given those excruciatingly boring models who hosted the All Star challenges, she's still the best. And it was good to see the Funeral Director go. She had terrible taste in fabrics and she couldn't sew well. But poor Ben. What's to become of him? He's losing everything now, including, oddly, his accent.

The winning design wasn't all that good. It'll change considerably before Heidi ever wears it. And Kate, the winner, is something of a 23 year old monster. She practically begged for the win on stage. Tears. Pathos. Bridesmaid's respect. Everything she could throw at the judges, she threw. And now, she says, now that she's clearly The Best, she will never listen to anyone else again.

by Anonymousreply 13002/07/2013

I don't think I've ever heard the word shantung before - not that I am well versed in fabric. But maybe I understand why nobody uses it on Project Runway. That dress looked trashy.

I kind of wish Patricia's leather mesh thing was the second winner instead of Jackalope Antler Necklace's uninspiring dress.

Why was Benjamin having such a rough time? I know he said he was letting personal struggles work on his mind, but he accomplished the creative part and came up with the idea for his dress right away. From his drawing it looked like a great idea and if he could have just worked, he would have produced something fantastic. This week he didn't even waste any energy with telling his teammates (especially Cindy) what to do. I just didn't understand.

For sure Ol' Girl had to go (2 weeks ago actually). But I was surprised with the nice things she had to say when the group was saying goodbye and so now I feel a little bad about her leaving. But still, she was way out of her element.

by Anonymousreply 13102/08/2013

Benjamin's dress was thee worst design I had ever seen! Cindy's dress was just awful ,but not hideous to the extent like Benjamin's dress! I think this is pure shit that Cindy went home and Benjamin as allowed to stay! I truly believe 150% it was because Cindy was 59 years old ,and Benjamin is younger. That is the only discrimination I can think of that went on here because there seems like there was some behind the scenes bias going!So far this show sucks!

BTW, who the hell think these actress are acting like experts on design and high fashion? They dress sloppy just wearing jeans and a tee-shirt or blouse 99% of the time ,and 1% of the time they dress up for a couple of award shows, which the haute couture clothes are lent to them and they are consulted what to wear, by fashion advisers!

by Anonymousreply 13202/08/2013

[quote] Benjamin's dress was thee worst design I had ever seen! Cindy's dress was just awful ,but not hideous to the extent like Benjamin's dress! I think this is pure shit that Cindy went home and Benjamin as allowed to stay! I truly believe 150% it was because Cindy was 59 years old ,and Benjamin is younger. That is the only discrimination I can think of that went on here because there seems like there was some behind the scenes bias going!

I agree 1,000,000 percent!!! And Nina also agreed.

There was absolutely ZERO justification to send home the older lady, when that Aussie's dress was literally the WORST thing I have ever seen go down the runway. THE WORST!

I guess one of the Weinsteins of Monsters, Inc., decided that it was better to keep the young guy than the old lady. Fucking assholes. Anyone with eyes could see that the Aussie guy's dress was literally tied together.

This is exactly why the show had no credibility last seaon. They keep the undeserving and they auf the talent.

by Anonymousreply 13302/08/2013

I've watched since the 1st season and I have to say, I don't like this season with team challenges. Only because it's not a fair competition.

There were 2 guys on the winning team whose designs they didn't like. Now if they hadn't been on the winning team, 1 of them might've gone home. Same with the team that keeps losing. There are some on that team that are better designers than the others. Yet they're in the bottom because the team as a whole was in the bottom. I hope next season if there is a next season, that they go back to judging them individually.

by Anonymousreply 13402/08/2013

If they are judging solely based on the current challenge as they always stress, there is no way in hell Benjamin should have been saved. That thing was a colossal mess.

by Anonymousreply 13502/08/2013

Last night's result also suggests that the frau audience that was so dreaded at Lifetime doesn't have as strong a pull because you'd have thought they'd have rooted for the old gal over the pretentious Australian/English queen.

Eldergay here and also agreed that Cindy's auf'ing was just wrong on all levels. Then again, Benjamin is providing the drama with his micromanaging of his disasterous group, so they couldn't get rid of him just yet.

by Anonymousreply 13602/08/2013

In the Susan Sarandon episode...

Those male models were HOT!!! Why don't they have more competitions involving men's clothes?

The men's outfits were FAR more interesting than the boring women's outfits in this episode. The women's stuff was crap we've all seen a million times already.

by Anonymousreply 13702/08/2013

They used to do more men's challenges before the show moved to Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 13802/08/2013

[R126] Posens family has money.In fact his mother and sister run the business. I likes how he told the blond guy to stop making excuses for his TERRIBLE dress with leather coil at the top.

by Anonymousreply 13902/08/2013

Hsn't Cindy been in the bottom almost every challenge?

by Anonymousreply 14002/08/2013

No one noticed the same fabric that Ivy just used in All Stars? It was on that hideous gown with the black ruffle ass.

That fabric sent Ivy home and it would have sent (insert random boring queen's name here) home tonight it they hadn't been on the winning team.

by Anonymousreply 14102/08/2013

R140, there have only been three challenges and Cindy was in the bottom in all three.

Yes, Benjamin sent down a trainwreck of a dress, but Cindy had to go. Her fabric selections have been downright awful and her designs uninspired and run-of-the-mill. The judges obviously saw that, though she had the dressmaking skills, her creativity was limited and her taste level was questionable. I mean really, out of all the fabric selections at Mood, she chose the pink taffeta and the iridescent pink shantung! Cheap '80s prom dress fabrics! And then she made that hoochie dress thinking that that would class up Heidi's perfume ad/press tour. Benjamin's failure of a dress, at least, showed some design concept, Cindy on the other hand, simply cut out cookie-cutter patterns, sewed them together, and voilà -- a dress!

by Anonymousreply 14202/09/2013

Whenever I see Zac Posen, all I can hink of is those cherub pictures where they're just a head with wings attatched.

by Anonymousreply 14302/09/2013

If Benjamin could have done something with the construction I think is dress would have been lovely. I liked the color and the leather strapping, but I have also seen something like it too. I kind of like him now, but I am always a sucker for someone damaged and crying.

The old gal had to go, she sucked and wasn't even very fun.

by Anonymousreply 14402/09/2013

Menswear is apparently so vastly different in terms of construction that it is a seperate track in fashion school like FIT, at least that's what one of my co-workers said and she's a part time student there. That would explain why the designers almost always blanch and shriek "I don't do menswear!!!" A few seasons back the PR contestants had to dress an up and coming male rock group and the results were disastrous, not just construction but also fabric choices, styling, and just the design concepts themselves. Embarrassing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 14502/09/2013

I like Benjamin and he is handsome too. However, I'm not trying to be mean,but why didn't Benjamin sock his partner in the face? He and his ex partner are two guys. Its not like Benjamin has a body of a woman ,which women tend to have a smaller body structure than men. If some guy hit me, I would ram my fist into his stomach or face and defend myself.

by Anonymousreply 14602/09/2013

R145, that is really interesting.That makes a lot of sense. I wish they would explain that to the public who most are not in the fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 14702/09/2013

Benjamin is a pill. He talks big, but he really can't deliver. His dress was by far one of the worst abortions on the show.

I really don't think any of the 'designers' are that great. Even when they show pictures of their stuff, it all looks sub-par. It's as if they don't even try to get people with talent, anymore. Or maybe truly talented people don't even try.

by Anonymousreply 14802/09/2013

Tom and Lorenzo have all the collections that showed this week on their site. They said the collections were presented without revealing who the designers were. I think the last collection is pretty obviously the Native American woman's. The first collection is very well made. Some of the others -- not so much.

by Anonymousreply 14902/09/2013

I think Daniel Esquivel is a fantastic designer! His clothes look like high fashion ,and its amazing because he said he didn't go to school to learn about fashion design and sewing.He just learned everything here and there. He was crying a bit about wining last week ,and I was really happy for him. Staring to learn about everything in this industry on his own and getting to that point which he won last week's challenge is an inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 15002/09/2013

Those collections are truly sad.

by Anonymousreply 15102/09/2013

Benjamin won over Cindy because he brings more drama. If she had brought half the bitchery that Bert brought on his season they would have found a reason to keep her around longer. Benjamin has already proven himself to be an overconfident brat and last night he showed his potential for train wreck breakdown. Those are valuable assets to a reality show riding on fumes of actual skill and talent.

And his design though horribly executed had a little bit more to it than hers.

Liyana is like the Lea Michele of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 15202/09/2013

HI Daniel R150!

by Anonymousreply 15302/09/2013

And what about that putz Joseph, who made up one half of the yin-yang pair that couldn't agree on a design until late in the game? When he said he'd be thrilled if his designs ended up on "What Not to Wear" I thought, "This clown needs to go!" Why even be in this competition if your design aesthetic is to uglify women with kitschy googly-eyed cat sweaters? I was surprised that he and Amanda managed to come up with a decent looking design, but how far can he go without compromising his artistic integrity?

by Anonymousreply 15402/09/2013

The best part was when that one guy said the model was "taking a ruffle shit".

by Anonymousreply 15502/09/2013

[quote]I'm not trying to be mean,but why didn't Benjamin sock his partner in the face?

"Abusive relationship" doesn't necessarily mean physically abusive.

by Anonymousreply 15602/09/2013

Is Amanda a male-to-female transsexual? There's something very off about her voice.

by Anonymousreply 15702/09/2013

Completely agree with R134.

by Anonymousreply 15802/10/2013

[quote]Liyana is like the Lea Michele of the cast. [/quote]

I'm also noticing a bit of something from her, like she's the queen bee, because she won a challenge. So far, she's been on two winning PAIRINGS. She was paired up with Eziquiel and now someone else.

She really got me at the screeching over the color choice under the fabric.

Moreover, when it was noted that Patricia gave another contestant fabric, Liyana jumped in and said that they did too, hmm..

by Anonymousreply 15902/10/2013

Finale collection #5 for the win. The rest were in the range of horror to meh.

by Anonymousreply 16002/10/2013

The final collections shown on Tom and Lorenzo are lame. I hope they show better on TV than in these shots, because otherwise, this is going to be one really, really ugly finale.

by Anonymousreply 16102/10/2013

is zac posen a top?

by Anonymousreply 16202/10/2013

Benjamin said his relationship was emotionally abusive.

by Anonymousreply 16302/10/2013

I literally can't stop laughing!

by Anonymousreply 16402/10/2013

I second collection #5. Not that it's the best I've ever seen, but style wise it's the one with most potential as well as the collection most well-rounded and cohesive.

by Anonymousreply 16502/10/2013

Actually, the collection I like is #2. Well, most of it. I like that sort of Old Hollywood glam/dominatrix vibe it has. My guess is it's Michelle's collection.

by Anonymousreply 16602/10/2013

A rough, brutal demanding top r162. Your hole will be left in tatters when he's done.

by Anonymousreply 16702/10/2013

It's hard to say who'd be the top. Maybe they double head it.

by Anonymousreply 16802/10/2013

who is zac's bf? I thought he was straight!

by Anonymousreply 17002/11/2013

The kilt model is Matthew D. Fox. You can see lots more of him, including what he wears under a kilt, at the link:

by Anonymousreply 17102/11/2013

Who was the cute blond model, though?

by Anonymousreply 17202/12/2013

R170, they mention his boyfriend, but I don't know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 17302/13/2013

People would actually think Zac is straight?!

by Anonymousreply 17502/13/2013

He makes Michael Kors look butch.

by Anonymousreply 17602/13/2013

LOL! R176

by Anonymousreply 17702/13/2013

I don't get their decision this week. They should have cut that annoying blow-hard who sent a model down the runway in a sheet held to her body by strips of fabric. He didn't even wrap the strips himself -- he needed his team's help for that! I'm sick of listening to him brag about how much he knows and then seeing nothing from him week after week.

The older woman's dress was ugly, but at least it was sewn and constructed.

by Anonymousreply 17802/13/2013

[quote]I don't get their decision this week.

Cindy, the older woman, was basically boring. At least Benjamin is perceived as bringing the drama.

by Anonymousreply 17902/13/2013

Good point, R179. Although I find Benjamin almost as boring as she was.

by Anonymousreply 18002/13/2013

Cindy never stood a chance. She was marked from day one because of her age - it was only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 18102/13/2013

How come they never have fashion icon Kyle Richards as a judge on this show?

by Anonymousreply 18202/13/2013

R182 that is a good point. They have all of these other famous personalities come one the show, why not Kyle who truly dresses beautifully and put accessories together beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 18302/14/2013

R182, r183:

Have you considered the simplest answer?

by Anonymousreply 18402/14/2013

r184, you're too precious for words.

by Anonymousreply 18502/14/2013

Well that was odd. A bunch of designers who so far really hadn't shown much talent, except Daniel and Runs-WIth-Crazy-Eyed-Wolves Patricia, gave one of the best shows in recent memory. Beautiful dresses, tasteful styling, imaginative looks. The poor Dream Team's look was wonderful. The odd thing is that Stanley was the one who came up with concept and unified the team, but as always Benjamin did all the talking and acted as though it was his doing. The two winning looks were totally terrific -- both of them deserved to win. The worst look belonged to Kate, who is kind of a nasty piece of work. Full of herself. Not that talented. Her dress was worse than Joe's, but he was a marked man, a designer uninterested in adhering to a woman's form. Not what the judges want to hear.

The judges were, as always, exactly as always. Sad Zac Posen continues to be empty, bereft of thoughts, mildly soporific. NIna Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine has been unduly pleasant this season--again, perhaps because all her energy is being devoted to trying to keep her chin from collapsing into her neck. The blogger chick was very good but they gave her little airtime so that the Face of Plastic Surgery could show what a million dollars worth of Botox and anesthesia can do to cheeks and eyes. She was, surprisingly, a good judge, and Sad Zac could learn from her balance of wit and insight. Heidi and Tim were, as usual, Heidi and Tim.

It looks like next week is going to be High Drama. Still don't like the team concept. It's awkward, false, and was clearly conceived as a way to differentiate this season from the others (Remember that team season? It sucked...) At least the Dream Team won this week. Again, Stanley deserved much more credit than he got.

by Anonymousreply 18602/14/2013

Next week when Tim Gunn describes Miranda Lambert as one of country music's biggest stars, is he talking about her hips and thighs?

by Anonymousreply 18702/15/2013

This was by far, the best designed challenge I have ever seen on Project Runway.

I was absolutely blown away by the creativity and just - skill - shown by the designers. With the exception of the first design that came down the runway, all of the dresses had me smiling.

The winning team deserved to win, although I would have given it to the black girl who made one of the cutest dresses I've ever seen - and out of flowers and hardware supplies, no less!!

I think that this group of designers are doing so well because they were chosen by former contestants, or in other words, they are DESIGNERS kind of designers.

I also appreciate the fact that there's less focus on drama, and more on cooperation, teamwork, and camaraderie.

And who doesn't love Bette Midler? The designers went crazy for her (which was surprising), but she really was a good judge.

What a fun episode!

by Anonymousreply 18802/15/2013

[quote]NIna Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine has been unduly pleasant this season--

Seems like all that will change come next show.

by Anonymousreply 18902/15/2013

R187, LOL! I don't even know who she is!

R189, I agree with you that the clothes were fantastic! They were very classy and and incredible! really amazing work!

Now, was it just me or did Bette seem to be a little rude? When that one designer designed her dress like the 50s, she described her dress like a leading lady would have worn in one of Alfred Hitchcock's movies. I understood what the girl was trying to convey because Grace Kelly had that full petticoat dress in Rear Window, and Kim Novak wore a full dress in Vertigo. Also, aside from Alfred Hitchcock's movies, that dress reminded me of something Audrey Hepburn similarly wore in the 50s film, Funny Face. It was a very full petticoat dress that had a floral design.BTW, it was recently auctioned off. However, Bette made a funny face like she was thinking, huh? please!

by Anonymousreply 19002/15/2013

Wow, I didn't think any of this group had it in them and they really did a great runway show this time. Definitely one of the best all around in years. I thought that the weakest piece was the 90s Madonna lite piece designed by the guy with the big face and lesbian Kris Jenner. Even that though had skill to it and some nice design elements.

by Anonymousreply 19102/15/2013

R188, the "little black girl" won, although it was really close between her and the little hispanic girl.

Agree, it was perhaps the best challenge in the history of PR.

by Anonymousreply 19202/15/2013

So, according to Heidi, there was no losing team, but a winning team and "an almost winning team." So why the hell did the almost winning team LOSE a team member? Shouldn't they all have been safe?

Good on Stanley for reminding his new team from the get go that they needed to have a cohesive collection and for suggesting vintage Dior. That helped his team stay focused. The other team was all over the map, and I don't understand why no one bothered to ask "Hmmm, what's our unifying theme?" until after they had already bought their materials.

What the heck is wrong with Amanda ("I don't like flowers")? Who doesn't love flowers? This was an opportunity to go crazy with colors and patterns and textiles, and yet she chose green moss! She gets a FAIL for lack of creativity.

by Anonymousreply 19302/15/2013

Will the wart on Amanda's face get its own episode this season?

Oh, and Patricia's dress was awful.

by Anonymousreply 19402/15/2013

[quote]Will the wart on Amanda's face get its own episode this season?

On next week's show, the challenge is to design a cocktail dress for Amanda's facial wart.

by Anonymousreply 19502/15/2013

[quote]Have you considered the simplest answer?

[quote]by: He doesn't want to.

My heart aches for R184, not understanding why we're all laughing at her.

(Kyle Richards is a woman, one of the Real Housewives. She has the ugliest clothes on earth, hence the joke.)

by Anonymousreply 19602/15/2013

One of the best runway shows PR has ever done.

When Loom Guy was talking about their inspiration, why didn't he mention Dior?

by Anonymousreply 19702/15/2013

this is a truly awful season. the team concept is a complete disaster. in addition to being absurdly and obviously unfair, it makes for bad viewing because the designers are so obviously frustrated that their creativity is stunted in favor of incorporating other peoples' ideas. it also forces them to have input into garments they would rather not care about.

without a doubt, this season is the worst ever, and a total failure.

as for zac, i like him well enough. he is cute and knowledgeable and likeable, but on the dull side for sure. still, i am glad he isn't just trying to emulate kors and dream up bitchy comments for their own sake.

i feel bad for the contestants suckered. i hated the all stars season (no heidi / no tim / no michael / ueli got screwed... again), but this season is much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 19802/15/2013

I find Michelle so unpleasant. I know she must have been very tired and worn down during this challenge, but all the bitching in the first half was ridiculous. Like, I'm sure that Patricia would drive me crazy if I were ever to work with her, but as far as we saw, she was nothing but friendly to Michelle, and yet Michelle was complaining about her to the camera from the beginning. Who gets upset that someone gave them a hug?

But that aside, it was a beautiful show. I was amazed at how they all pulled together, and how some new blood really turned the Dream Team around.

by Anonymousreply 19902/15/2013

Tim seems really out of it this season. Doesn't he co-host another daytime show on ABC? He's probably tired and does the bare minimum on PR.

by Anonymousreply 20002/15/2013

[quote]Now, was it just me or did Bette seem to be a little rude?.. However, Bette made a funny face like she was thinking, huh? please!

Just remember the thing is edited to pieces. She might not have reacted at all and the director/editor chose that reaction.

[quote]Joe's, but he was a marked man, a designer uninterested in adhering to a woman's form. Not what the judges want to hear.

Nina Garcia has zero patience for or interest in anything over a Size Zero.

by Anonymousreply 20102/15/2013

[quote] this is a truly awful season. the team concept is a complete disaster. in addition to being absurdly and obviously unfair, it makes for bad viewing because the designers are so obviously frustrated that their creativity is stunted in favor of incorporating other peoples' ideas.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think that the quality level has gone up BECAUSE they are on teams.

The fashion industry is ALL ABOUT working with people, and the show should have been set up this way from the beginning.

I love how the teams bounce ideas off one another, and help each other finish their garments, and I mostly love the whole "brainstorming" element on the teams.

When Tim questioned team Keepin It Real about their cohesiveness and theme, the team element quickly came into play and they came up with the theme on the fly, by simply throwing out ideas. That's what fashion is about.

It was also cool that two people can work on one garment, because that black Madonna 80's dress was really fabulous, and it could only have been done by two designers, given the amount of detail.

This season, the designers seem really supportive of each other, and really seem to KNOW each other better than in past seasons, because they are forced to work together, or the team won't win. Hence, the quality goes up.

This was a great idea. Period.

by Anonymousreply 20202/15/2013

[quote]Now, was it just me or did Bette seem to be a little rude?.. However, Bette made a funny face like she was thinking, huh? please!

Just remember the thing is edited to pieces. She might not have reacted at all and the director/editor chose that reaction.

[quote]Joe's, but he was a marked man, a designer uninterested in adhering to a woman's form. Not what the judges want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 20302/15/2013

I don't get how people thought the designs were so great this week. They all still sucked.

by Anonymousreply 20402/15/2013

I'm glad Joe left. He definitely was in his own little world. He doesn't believe his designs have to compliment a woman's body? He should focus on his oddball t-shirts and other wierd knickknacks.

by Anonymousreply 20502/15/2013

Well, I thought the two top dresses were very good.

I have a feeling that if Joe wasn't voted off this past week he would have been gone soon. Every season seems to have a contestant who's design aesthetic is a little too out there and I guess he was this season's. It's too bad because his suggestion actually saved the ugly moss dress. Good luck to him, he seemed like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 20602/15/2013

I can't see Joe having a career. Seriously, why was he even picked to be on?

by Anonymousreply 20702/15/2013

To be the designated weirdo, R207.

And apparently he makes a good living out of selling second-hand sweaters embellished with cats? Yeah, I don't know either, but he was cast to play a role. Personally, I'm always sorry to see the oddball contestant get axed.

by Anonymousreply 20802/15/2013

[quote]My heart aches for [R184], not understanding why we're all laughing at her

Oh don’t worry, honey. I can laugh along. And honestly, do you really think I’m the one who should be embarrassed?!

Really, no need to have your heart ache for me simply because I can’t identify a reality show nobody on whose joke some of you are in. I’m perfectly fine not being able to recognize these people some of you consider celebrities. I can honestly and without shame admit that I thought you were talking about somebody with some modicum of respect, due to your post’s content. Sarcasm can’t thrive half-assed unknowns.

Your thinking I’m uncool for not knowing some housewife is more embarrassing than my actually not knowing her.

Enjoy your love of Bravo shows and your erudite knowledge of banal names unworthy of cognizance. I suppose we won’t cross paths much.

by Anonymousreply 20902/15/2013

After last week's debacle, I was about to give up on this season.

I agree, this was one of the best runways ever, and consistently so when it came to the Dream Team. Very smart to base their looks on Dior. Layana's (sic?) was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 21002/15/2013

When Joe was auf weidersein'ed, I was struck by their reaction to an actual avant garde designer, given that they will actually have one week's competition revolve around an avant garde design challenge and then they will critique the results as if they recognized and valued avant garde fashion. The whole panel couldn't be more middle of the road and happily plebeian.

by Anonymousreply 21102/16/2013

I agree with you R199. I think Michelle is very bitchy,and she was so rude to Patricia who seems like a nice person. Besides, Michelle never worked with Patricia before so what was her problem?

BTW, Michelle's hair and clothes look very retro 80s New Wave.

It was really funny when Amanda's team chose her design was the major issue and they felt badly for pointing that out to the judges, and she said it was OK. However, when she waited in the waiting room there after, she blew up saying, liars!LOL! Amanda seems like a jerk.

Also, Matthew is handsome and he doesn't act all that fem either. I bet he is a bottom though. And I can't stand Richard! He seems like such a queen and the type of queen that can get pissed off easily.

I'm really surprised by Layana's work because she acts like a young naive scatterbrain ,and yet she designs extremely well.

Daniel's clothes are always amazing,but it looks like he is aspiring to look like Salvador Dali with that mustache.

by Anonymousreply 21202/16/2013

That was the best episode since... years. And finally the team format made sense: a cohesive collection from hardware and flowers. I liked every design on the winning team--that's never happened before.

It was Joseph's turn to go--Amanda will be auffed in the next week or two--but the criticism of his dress (and saving Amanda over him) was ridiculous.

Also no one has mentioned the most *crucial* change in this episode: they had TWO days to make their garments.

by Anonymousreply 21302/16/2013

What happens to a design show when you give an interesting (if not new) challenge, AND enough money and enough time to execute the challenge? You get results! I really hope PR is learning from past mistakes. Yes there is drama, but thank goodness it is mostly about design issues and how to resolve them. There was a LOT of that and it made the episode more interesting. The drama of throwing someone under the bus? That's too predictable -- Who do you think should be the one to go? You know that's asked only to stir up shit. They let an interesting designer go which is too bad. He was interesting in an innovative way and not in the attention getting narcissistic way of people like the tanorexic Blayne Welsh of season 5 or the fake Suede.

Bette Midler - I was a huge fan until I found out that she is against gay marriage and feels that her days of performing in the baths are insignificant. She bored me now, even as a judge.

Posen - not enough personality to carry a TV show.

Nina - is not as mean because the designs have not been as disastrous as in previous seasons. The bar was lowered so much and so fast that this, to her, is refreshing and should be encouraged.

Heidi - seems to be trying really hard. I keep thinking of Anne Hathaway at the Oscars trying to carry the whole load because ... well, she HAD to.

Tim and Heidi need to stop with all the stupid kiss kiss.

Tim is better this year in his discussion - or rather the editing allows us to see more of the discussions so we are not left with just Tim raising eye brows going humf Make it work.

There is a chance that I may even get invested enough in the show this season to care about who wins. Too early to know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 21402/16/2013

R205 - high fashion is not only about a woman's body. One of the hottest designers, Rei Kawakubo, whose jackets caught the design world on fire and do nothing to "compliment a woman's body." She would have flunked PR, but you can see her jackets everywhere on the streets of Ny and Paris.

by Anonymousreply 21502/16/2013

And my last point about Joe: This is from Thom Browne's collection in the NY 2013 Fashion Week.

Joe was definitely more in line with what is going on in the fashion world than the moss dress.

by Anonymousreply 21602/16/2013

How the hell did Patricia the Native American lady get by this week without criticism of her Rose Bowl Parade Flower Barge monstrosity? It wasn't even that good, it didn't even look like a garment, more like a sad old prop that would be hung over an old Chevrolet on a high school football field.

Even on this thread it's barely been mentioned and it was one of the ugliest creations to ever march down that runway in PR history.

by Anonymousreply 21702/16/2013

R217 - I was thinking it looked like some old mossy wreath hanging from a tombstone.

by Anonymousreply 21802/16/2013

Bottom three should have been Patricia, Daniel, and Moss Girl, with the latter going home and the former two getting a good scare on how nothing is guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 21902/16/2013

Joe is not a designer. He needs to go back to selling his cat sweaters on Etsy.

by Anonymousreply 22002/16/2013

I thought Joe was interesting and had some great ideas. I liked his creation this week, and their focussing on him when Patricia got away with that monstrosity was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 22102/16/2013

I liked the winning design and that flowery dress that wasthe runner up - the one the emotional brunette made.

by Anonymousreply 22202/17/2013

I have the hots for Matthew.

by Anonymousreply 22302/17/2013

By booting Joe off the show, they ensured that the rest of the show's designs will be the same boring stuff we always see. Joe was original, forward-looking, and a nice guy so I really hated to see him go.

by Anonymousreply 22402/17/2013

[quote]When Loom Guy was talking about their inspiration, why didn't he mention Dior?[/quote]

That's because it wasn't his idea. It was Stanley's idea, but Loom Guy had to be the one acting as if it was.

by Anonymousreply 22502/18/2013

Thank you, R225, I hadn't thought of it that way but now that you mention it, it makes sense.

I'm glad that the editors left in Stanley's Dior inspiration. It made Loom Guy's selfishness quite noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 22602/18/2013

Well, that runway judging lasts for hours and is edited down to minutes and tailored to the producer's pre-written storyline so Benjamin might have credited Stanley's Dior decision; it just didn't fit the story they've created for Benjamin which seems to be "experienced but flailing".

by Anonymousreply 22702/19/2013

Better Midler has some damn good plastic surgery, she looks better as a 60-someting old woman than she did 30 years ago.

I like Amanda, but please do something about the wart. It's may have hair and baby teeth in it.

Michelle, what the fuck is up with your ugly, stupid, dot tats? Seriously, is that supposed to be edgy?

Great challenge all in all. One of the best in recent memory.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 22802/20/2013

Damn. They made Lea Michelle look good in that commercial. That's artistry. Or was it CGI?

by Anonymousreply 22902/21/2013

Did anyone else get the impression that Richard chose Stanley not just for his design skills but because he's hot for him? Maybe not but that's the vibe I picked up when he was talking about him.

Now that we're down to teams of two, hopefully it won't be long before everyone is allowed to work individually and the team thing will be over.

by Anonymousreply 23002/21/2013

This is everything. You are everything. That look is everything.

Where did this dumb-ass phrase originate? I hear it each week on RDR and PR. Don't they realize everything includes the bad?

End this now.

by Anonymousreply 23102/21/2013

I'm glad they kept Daniel. I was afraid that he was a goner last night. So much better for them to keep a guy like Daniel who really wants to be there and compete. The designer they sent home will never be successful at anything because of his defeatist attitude.

by Anonymousreply 23202/22/2013

Daniel is the kind of person who sees the positive in everything, which is very refreshing on that type of show and I'm enjoying very much.

Unfortunately, he was seeing the positive on his design, which apparently no one else did.

by Anonymousreply 23302/22/2013

The thing that I find interesting about this show is that even though it's zeigeisty moment has passed it still manages to hold my attention from season to season. There have been some draggy years (the LA season was non-existent)but all in all when I see it in my DVR I anticipate watching it. I have given up on so many other shows that it's amzing that this one holds up for me. I am also glad that they kept Daniel and got rid of Mat. Daniel seems like the sweetest (if a tad creepy) and more talented of the contestants. Mat just looked like he needed a line to snort. Also fucking slap that bitch Michelle. Can she say anything positive? And that necklace thing on her model was an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 23402/22/2013

Her Nina impression was kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 23502/22/2013

What about me and my wart? I almost won bitches!

by Anonymousreply 23602/22/2013

Two weeks in a row now Patricia has made something so bizarre that I was sure she'd be the loser both times. The week I really wanted to hear the judges ask her about that thing she sent out, but she was in the middle. Damn!

It was so much more unsightly than what that white boy made.

Jackalope Necklace really trashed up what could have been a pretty dress. Ripping up that hem made it look like the model had been dragged through the street.

Miranda Lambert was a real sweetheart and seemed like she wanted to be very helpful in her comments to the designers.

Looks like next week Rachel Roy will be filling in for Zac Posen.

by Anonymousreply 23702/22/2013

I agree that PR continues to be the most enjoyable and compelling reality show on TV. Survivor, Top Chef, American Idol and Amazing Race are a mere shadow of their former selves.

by Anonymousreply 23802/22/2013

Sorry but I was all for Michelle this week. Not that she should have won but you'd have though she put out her model in a tampon for how the judges reacted.

Rock and roll wear is tacky and has always been. Patricia, on the other hand, was an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 23902/22/2013

I thought Kate's red dress was stunning.

However, I really liked Richard's dress. Loved how he mixed the fringe with the silver and leather. Does anyone think he has a crazy man's laugh?

Daniel seems like a very positive person. It was amusing to see him gush over his dress. I'm glad he stayed and the guy with the loser mentality left. His frequent meltdowns started to be tiring.

by Anonymousreply 24002/22/2013

I didn't think Daniel's dress was [italic]that[/italic] bad, (compared to Patricia's bizarre design at least), but Nina was merciless with her critique. But still, you'd think that Daniel's teammate, Samantha, would've advised him to rethink his design. Maybe that was her strategy since she did have immunity, the conniving bitch.

What's with all these whiny wimps this season? It's still too early in the game for all these meltdowns and self-doubt induced creative paralysis.

by Anonymousreply 24102/22/2013

I think the biggest crybaby just left, hopefully.. He was always in tears.

Btw, Christian Siriano has got to be the most successful PR winner. I'm watching him premiere his new fashion line on HSN.

by Anonymousreply 24202/22/2013

I'm sad that Matthew went home. He was really cute and his dress wasn't THAT bad. Daniel's was worse.

Matthew also has a nice fat butt. Love guys like that.

[quote] Two weeks in a row now Patricia has made something so bizarre that I was sure she'd be the loser both times.

I love Patricia's designs BECAUSE they're so bizarre. I think the judges call her work "Native American chic." She has a very specific aesthetic, and you either love it or hate it. I love it.

[quote] I didn't think Daniel's dress was that bad

Oh yes it was. That top looks like scrunched up trash bags, the fringes looked cheap and shredded, and like Nina said, the seam in the middle was HORRIBLE.

And the fact that Daniel didn't recognize ANY of the problems with his dress, is pretty troubling.

Nina made a great point that up until now, it has been all teamwork, and this is the first challenge where you get to see their individual taste level. It's clear that Daniel has bad taste, as does the Jamaican girl.

Ben really seems like a phony, gushing over all the celebrities and judges. He's annoying.

I thought that Amanda or the latina girl should have won. They made the best designs.

Stanley really is a surprise. I think he could win it all because he has great taste and he's very skilled.

Matthew was the only good looking contestant. I hope he comes back if someone else drops out. I want to see his big butt again.

by Anonymousreply 24302/22/2013

I like Patricia's design too. She's very unique. I loved her first dress with those little flaps all over. She should have won over Daniel's black dress which I've seen many times before.

by Anonymousreply 24402/22/2013

The dress I didn't think was that bad was Samantha's. Granted, it was no winner but when Heidi said to her "it's a good thing you have immunity," I was thinking "Really? Seriously? You would send her home for that?" Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 24502/23/2013

I think Miranda Lambert was the nicest guest judge they had on Project Runway so far. She seemed down to earth with the designers the way she talked to them. Nina and Heidi seemed like they really like her ,but Pozen seemed like he hardly spoke to her.

R241, I agree with you about the whimps ,but on the other hand everyone wants to win this so badly so the stress as usual must be very intense. I hardly ever cry ,but who knows, maybe if that were in that highly ambitious position it might get to me like that too. Also, you are forgetting that many of these guys are major queens.

Matthew is a hottie ,but 9 out of 10 the guy seems like he would be a bottom so that ruins the hotness factor for me.

by Anonymousreply 24602/23/2013

You are also forgetting that these people are sleep deprived for long periods, they work long days in a highly competitive environment. If you are not on the top or on the bottom, you do not get a feedback so it adds more stress because you don't know if you are in the bottom middle or the top middle and how to address either to satisfy capricious judges.

by Anonymousreply 24702/23/2013

I don't know why they were blowing smoke up Benjamin. After 5 weeks, he make one decent dress, which wasn't anything spectacular. And I liked how Heidi and Nina tried to convince Miranda that her fat ass would look good in it.

by Anonymousreply 24802/23/2013

[quote]After 5 weeks, he make one decent dress, which wasn't anything spectacular.

I know. it was a low-rent Miss Venezuela evening gown from the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 24902/23/2013

Thank you, about wondering WTF for all the Benjamin love?

Really, he made ONE dress. Have they not forgotten the taped up monotonicity?

[quote]The dress I didn't think was that bad was Samantha's. Granted, it was no winner but when Heidi said to her "it's a good thing you have immunity," I was thinking "Really? Seriously? You would send her home for that?" Give me a break.[/quote]

Yes! I was scratching my head on that critique one, too.

by Anonymousreply 25002/24/2013

In related news, Project Runway alum and finalist Andy South... is now a woman!

HONOLULU —Hawaii designer Andy South is living life as a woman and, for the first time on television, she's speaking out about being transgendered.

She made the change two years ago, but says the time has come to be open about it.

When we met South in 2010, he was a finalist on the hit television show "Project Runway" opening his Atelier design shop.

But, South was unsettled in a big way. He wanted to be a woman.

Now, he's well on his way. He is living as a she changing her name to Ariyapong Southipong.

In a general setting, I'll use Ari. But, sometimes Andy South is more recognizable," said Southipong. "It's a little easier for people to pick up, oh -- it's that Andy guy. Oh well, not a guy."

This son of Waianae catfish farmers says he knew he was gay at a young age and later realized he was transgendered.

"I would see glimpses of someone else and that someone else was a woman," said Southipong.

He made the decision to go forward with the transition, but then stopped just before Project Runway keeping it a secret.

"Because I didn't want it to interfere with my talent," explained Southipong.

(Continued at link, with video)

by Anonymousreply 25102/26/2013

Miranda Lambert looked absolutely ridiculous sitting there with her spray tanned tits hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 25202/26/2013

Tonight's senior design challenge was weak and uninspired, resulting in looks that ranged from mediocre to godawful, and I had a hard time deciding which I liked least. Samantha's was are-you-kidding-me? awful, Patricia's was WTF? awful, Benjamin's was OMG-that's-awful awful, and Amanda's was not-even-trying awful. I'm sorry, but this season's batch of designers is not exciting me.

And what's up with Melissa Rivers? She was speaking as if she had run out of Polident and was trying to keep her dentures from falling out. Are her veneers too big?

by Anonymousreply 25303/01/2013

re: R253 "which I liked least."

I meant "disliked least."

by Anonymousreply 25403/01/2013

I'm surprised you even noticed Melissa Rivers r253. I can very easily become unaware of her.

Benjamin's oust was somewhat of a surprise, considering his teammate's design was clearly the ugliest thing there.

by Anonymousreply 25503/01/2013

The thrill is long gone, but this season and its team twist is especially grim. I like Michelle, the chick with the circle tattoos who keeps getting bumped from one team to another every episode; she's perhaps not a dazzling talent, but she at least has a pulse and can speak, and in a normal voice, even; without here I would sleep through the entire thing.

The fat lump of lard, the Native American woman, Patricia designs one truly horrifying disaster after another, week after week, each worse than the one before, and yet each week she is "safe". She couldn't design a potato sack and yet she'll probably win by attrition.

by Anonymousreply 25603/01/2013

Patricia needs to GO! Even the funeral home lady would be doing better things that Patricia is doing now.

It was time for Benjamin to go - past time.

I think the gorgeous Georgina Chapman should be on at least one week...or is she too busy with her exclusive line for JCPenney?

by Anonymousreply 25703/01/2013

I'm hoping the producers realized that Zac Posen was a boring non-entity and permanently replaced him with the fabulous Rachael Roy.

by Anonymousreply 25803/01/2013

That Michele is pretty critical of everyone, yet she's not that great herself. It was definitely time for Ben to go. The way he pumped himself you'd think he was on the same level of Christian Siriano, but the old funeral lady had better construction skills than he did. Tu needs to go next. Or maybe he and Patricia together.

by Anonymousreply 25903/02/2013

r251, just reading the name in your post, I had no idea who Andy South was. But once I clicked the link I felt bad for forgetting his name because I like him and thought he had really interesting style.

I'm glad she's had some success with her career.

Seems like the hormones haven't done anything to change his/her voice because she sounds exactly the same as Andy used to.

by Anonymousreply 26003/02/2013

Designing for senior women isn't a very inspired theme, and it was a totally uninspiring program, apart from watching the contrast between Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine's failing chin line and the hundreds of thousands of dollars work on the faces of the world's most frightening mother-daughter act. Nina looks so much more, well, human. (Of course, so does Yoda.)

The show itself was a yawn. None of the outfits was great, but Stanley deserved the win because he was lucky enough to get the one older woman with a spectacular body, and he took advantage of it. For a while it looked as if Amanda and her bewitching wart were going to lose, but then, after the initial judging, she (Amanda, not the wart) announced to the group that she had lost, so you knew she couldn't lose. That's the PR editing team's idea of irony. So then, since Tu had the turning-much-nicer-every episode Kate backing him up, Ben had to go. Not much of a loss. He was probably going to run out of blonde dye anyway,

by Anonymousreply 26103/02/2013

So is Project Runway canceled or something? This story on The Hollywood Reporter website states Heidi is poised to become the 4th judge on America's Got Talent and describes her as the "former" host of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 26203/03/2013

That's an interesting development r262. Judges have to be in New Orleans this week for the first taping day of AGT. The season starts in either late May or early June (last year they started it unusually early) and then live broadcasts start midsummer (maybe in July?) and end in September. But the live shows are only 2 nights a week, so someone could do another job during the day - as Howard Stern demonstrates.

When do they tape Project Runway seasons? Will it overlap with AGT?

It seems like Heidi could do both.

by Anonymousreply 26303/03/2013

Quite possibly, R263. I was just thrown by their use of the word "former" in their description of her role on PR.

I guess if Ryan Seacrest can do 12 shows at once, Heidi can do 2.

by Anonymousreply 26403/03/2013

Tim Gunn does two shows, so I don't know why Heidi couldn't do it too. Heidi is executive producer of PR, so I don't think she's going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 26503/03/2013

The double elimination was a surprise.

And next week looks like a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 26603/07/2013

Oh what fun the runway tonight would have been if Michael Kors had been a judge tonight.

by Anonymousreply 26703/07/2013

What an old fogey I am. I totally loved the bottom two "old fashioned" looks and hated the more avant garde dresses. The winning dress looked like something the Queen of Hearts would wear, and the Patricia monstrosity was . . . {shudders}.

by Anonymousreply 26803/07/2013

Another subpar episode in a subpar season. The only good news: The Bitch is Back! Nina Garcia Fashion Editor of Marie Claire Magazine rose from the undead and was mean, mean, mean. Back to her humorless, ugly, unpleasant self! Yes!! Maybe she just got tired of Sad Zac Posen being so extraordinarily dull, or maybe this whole team season is just bring her (and her chin) down. No matter. Cruella de Fashionville is back! Heros to Zeros! Yes!

Oh right, there was a show. Whatever. The designs were all pretty lame, but the double elimination was a downer--at no point did Heidi say that was possible, and the dress wasn't really that bad to be one of the all-time losers on the show. Actually, Patricia and Samantha's was worse. Amanda and the Butch Lesbian did make the best team, so they deserved to win, although the bewitching wart on Amanda's face seems to be growing at an alarming rate. Perhaps they'll do a show in a few weeks based on a nice design for the wart.

The only other exciting part of the show: the previews for next week!

by Anonymousreply 26903/07/2013

I love, love, love Nina Garcia. She's always been my favorite judge. I was in complete agreement with their top 3 and their bottom 2. I thought Kate and Tu's dress was particularly horrible and am glad to see them both gone.

by Anonymousreply 27003/07/2013

I thought Daniel & Richard should've gone home for designing a dress tailor made for an '80s hoochie coochie girl from Sabado Gigante. The minute I saw that dress, I thought, "Wow! That is tacky!" The fact that they didn't see that from a mile away makes me question their tastes.

But I'm fine with Kate & Tu's loss. Kate was such a hypercritical bitch. She kept dissing Michelle & Amanda's dress for not being a prom dress, but if she's ever been to a prom in the big city, she'll see that girls want a short, fun, sexy dress that shows lots of skin and one that they can dance in and not overheat. The dress she designed looked pageanty, heavy and too constricting.

Loved Michelle & Amanda's dress and Stanley and Layana's. Layana, however, needs to stop whining like a spoiled little girl. It's unbecoming. And what's with her aversion to pink? I didn't care for Samantha's & Patricia's.

by Anonymousreply 27103/08/2013

The teenagers barely acknowledged Michelle and Amanda's dress so I'm surprised they won.

Even thought I can't stand Layana, I did love her and Stanley's dress the best. The details of their dress really stood out like the little petticoat under the dress.

by Anonymousreply 27203/08/2013

Sorry but I thought everyone did an outstanding job! I wasn't a big fan of Kate and Tu but I don't think their dress was a major train wreak because they had much worse on this show. Also, the teenage girls liked their dress along with most of the others! What was so amazing they all made these dresses out of duct tape which looked like material! I'm not trying to sound like a frau but if you don't show the models vigina like queen Heidie likes to wear her dresses, then they are considered too old fashioned!

by Anonymousreply 27303/08/2013

Sorry for sounding like a frau, but I think that sucks!I thought everyone did an outstanding job! I'm not a fan of Kate and Tu but their dress was glamorous and had a couture look to it. Nina bitched that it looked old because it wasn't short enough to show the model's vignia like queen Heidi! Dose every dam dress have to show the girls' opening where she gives birth?! Can't there be variety of lengths? The teenage girls liked the dress along with most others that they canned or expressed meh!

BTW, that designer, who designs clothes for Michelle Obama must come from school fro the blind because her clothes our horrible!

by Anonymousreply 27403/08/2013

They ought to have a duct tape challenge every year!

by Anonymousreply 27503/08/2013

Gawd. What happened to prom dresses? Did Nina really say "the girls want them short and tight" ? That doesn't describe a prom dress. A cocktail dress for a 25 year old maybe. A prom dress should be modest, virginal and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 27603/08/2013

of course, as entertaining as it can be-- what all this has to do with assessing the talent of a commercially viable up and coming designer of womens wear remains to be seen--

by Anonymousreply 27703/08/2013

[quote] I'm not trying to sound like a frau but if you don't show the models vigina like queen Heidie likes to wear her dresses, then they are considered too old fashioned!

Odds are that a woman (using the term "frau" as you did was despicably misogynistic) would know how to spell vagina.

R273 repeated his misspelling in R274, while trying to appear to be a different person, and then went on to say "BTW, that designer, who designs clothes for Michelle Obama must come from school fro the blind because her clothes our horrible!" Not only can't you punctuate, you can't use gender appropriate pronouns or distinguish "are" from "our." Why waste readers' time?

by Anonymousreply 27803/08/2013

That gold mess was god awful. I can't imagine any girl choosing to wear that over the long blue dress. One of those two should have gone home.

by Anonymousreply 27903/08/2013

I was surprised that Patricia's and Samantha's dress got the most votes from the high school girls. It was my least favorite. It just looked....weird. Also, I'm not a fan of dresses being long in the back and short in front. I think that looks odd.

But then again, that's all that Patricia does is odd designs. But I guess they see that as being innovative and that's why she's still in the competition. I can't see any other reason why she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 28003/08/2013

I wore Daniel and Richard's dress to the Daisy Awards in 1989.

by Anonymousreply 28103/08/2013

"That gold mess was god awful. I can't imagine any girl choosing to wear that over the long blue dress."

The long blue dress was bo-RING, girls want prom dresses that are fun! Seriously, with all those colors available, why a drab navy? Teenaged girls don't want to wear dark, dull colors. The gold might have flown, if not for those awful ruffles. The dress did look better without them.

And R277, designing a prom dress is a good way to find out who's a commercially viable designer. Could they design a dress that appealed to both kids and industry types?

by Anonymousreply 28203/08/2013

Highlight was Zac's smackdown of Nina when she claimed that no girl wants to wear a long dress to a prom and how did he know to which he responded that he designs prom dresses for girls every day.

We now know why Nina's such a bitch. She never went to her high school prom. I think she probably did and got "Carrie'd".

by Anonymousreply 28303/08/2013

[quote]We now know why Nina's such a bitch. She never went to her high school prom

Well, she's from Colombia.

by Anonymousreply 28403/08/2013

In Nina's day, didn't Colombia have proms with Bornard?

by Anonymousreply 28503/08/2013

Posen looks sickly

by Anonymousreply 28603/08/2013

Nevermind the dresses, WTF was Tu wearing? A diaper?

by Anonymousreply 28703/08/2013

R278, you rude useless loser! I posted twice because there was some technical issues and I didn't know if my message was posted or not!

Also, the word Frau? You do realize what website you are on right?! Surprise! there are some women who are creeps, like yourself and there are some men who are creeps!

Don't take it out on me that people come up off the street saying, you look familiar to them, and they ask you, aren't you one of the relatives on that show Honey Boo Boo!

by Anonymousreply 28803/09/2013

I like the fact that Patricia does things that are different, even they mostly end up looking fuf. I think the high scool kids were trolling when they voted for the favorite

by Anonymousreply 28903/09/2013

Patricia is the only one actually creating anything original. The rest are all just referencing past designs. Let's do a gold dress Beyonce has worn 20 times, let's do an 80s dress, let's do a houndstooth pattern. They should rest this show for a year and be a little more picky with the talent pool.

by Anonymousreply 29003/09/2013

I loved the dress with the pink bow and the houndstooth dress too. One of the Golden Boys should've gone home, not the blue dress team.

by Anonymousreply 29103/09/2013

I too like Zac's smackdown of Nina. We all know he is a top, I wonder now if he is a verbal top. Yummmm

by Anonymousreply 29203/09/2013

"Don't cry, it's a happy moment" says Tu to the girl who just got eliminated. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29303/09/2013

[quote]I thought Daniel & Richard should've gone home for designing a dress tailor made for an '80s hoochie coochie girl from Sabado Gigante

My first thought was it was something Rita Moreno wore during the "Dance at the Gym" bit from West Side Story.

by Anonymousreply 29403/09/2013

Kate sure was bawling in the departure interview. I've never seen anything like it. Oh well, she wasn't very nice anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29503/09/2013

I think that Kate's tears demonstrate that she is an extremely sensitive person, although her sensitivity is limited to injury to herself.

by Anonymousreply 29603/09/2013

I am so glad Kate & Tu got the boot. I couldn't take much more of that disgusting shit. Princess Kate wanted to dominate and control so she deliberately handpicked the passive Asian eunuch as her unwitting accomplice. And he happily acquiesced to his subservient role, gushing and grinning from ear to ear while playing dutiful houseboy to the lady of the manor. Tu should've just gone all the way with a "Yes, boss lady. Your wish is my command, nice boss lady. Hee-hee (hand over mouth)." This dynamic did not escape Stanley, who commented on it and probably was just as disgusted by this Asian Uncle Tom routine as I was. Then when they BOTH got canned, Tu dutifully rushed to her ladyship's side to console HER. Aw, how sweet... and utterly cringeworthy. Thanks, Tu, for reinforcing Asian stereotypes. Now get the fuck off my television!

by Anonymousreply 29703/09/2013

I wonder why they didn't announce who won the teen vote. The winning team mentioned it during the voice over.

I kept rewinding, thinking I might have missed something.

Kate might be a bitch, but she called out her cast-mates just right, especially the hispanic chicka.

by Anonymousreply 29803/11/2013

[quote]I wonder why they didn't announce who won the teen vote.

Heidi announced it before the start of the runway show.

by Anonymousreply 29903/11/2013

I liked the teenage boys commenting on the gowns. You never would have seen that a thousand years ago when I was in HS.

by Anonymousreply 30003/11/2013

R298, not only are you wondering why they didn't announce something that they did indeed anounce, you're something of a racist.

By "hispanic chica," do you mean the Native American?

by Anonymousreply 30103/11/2013

Agreed, R300... And I was in high school only 13 years ago. They were all gay, and totally unafraid of what that meant.

by Anonymousreply 30203/11/2013

R301, I think R298 was referring to Layana Aguilar, the whiny chick who hates pink.

by Anonymousreply 30303/11/2013

You're probably right, R303. That would be equally racist of course -- and I haven't noticed particular bitching about Layana Aguilar.

by Anonymousreply 30403/11/2013

[quote]By "hispanic chica," do you mean the Native American?

I don't think that poster meant Patricia (the Native American) but Layana Aguilar, the somewhat spoiled yet very talented Brazilian designer. Even then, calling her Hispanic was a mistake (she would be Latin American or Latina), since she is not from a Spanish-speaking heritage. However, it is an understandable mistake, since her surname Aguilar comes from Spanish as well as Portuguese societies.

Cut r298 a break and just make fun of his/her more glaring mistake - Heidi did clearly announce the winners of the student vote, for which they got kudos and a very positive/surprised reaction, considering they thought they were gonna end up in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 30503/11/2013

I found it strange that Michelle and Amanda won. Patricia's team won the teen vote. This accounted for 20% of the vote when combined with the judges tally. They had nothing but good things to say about the dress yet she came in third.

by Anonymousreply 30603/11/2013

Wow - they all sucked tonight. Not a decent design anywhere. Those men were hot - they deserved much better.

by Anonymousreply 30703/14/2013

Easily the worst designers ever. This show was bad, bad, bad. No winner. They all should have gone home. Just amazing that they can't sew, they can't design, and they're not creative. Only one challenge so far--the florist and hardware show--was good. Poor Heidi and Tim--they must have been wondering what they were going to do for the rest of the challenges left with these subpar contestants.

On the other hand, the Thunder from Down Under. Like, wow. Muscle guys who actually seemed to have some personality. The lead guy with the long hair was cute and funny. Wish they had mentioned his name. Went to the TfDU site and he's not there. Probably ran off with Sad Zach Posen.

Speaking of Sad Zach--his personality seems to have been fabricated by one of these crappy designers. He's just so dull. Just once, if he could say something trenchant, or funny, or even quick. Makes you really, really appreciate Mr. Michael John-Boehner-and-I-are- competing-for-the-title-of-Mr.-Tangerine-Face Kors. You never know what you got till it's gone.

Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine nearly fell off her stool when one of the model's pants started to unravel. It was nice to see her act like a human being.

by Anonymousreply 30803/14/2013

That Latina chick kept saying Richard makes excuses yet she constantly needs help and constantly makes excuses. She's tiresome. There hasn't been one challenge where she hasn't worried about her other teammates and their impact on her. She needs to worry about her own designs.

I think either Patricia or Richard will go home next week.

by Anonymousreply 30903/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!