Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

JJ ABRAMS to direct next "Star Wars" movie!

BORING!

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2013

Does anyone know where in the Star Wars timeline the next film will take place?

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

R1, nobody wants to direct it, that's why he's directing.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

Now the Star Wars Fanboys can have someone to hate, other than George Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

Couldn't be worse than The Phantom Menace!

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Star Wars Fanboys and Trekkies can now take each other out!!

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

I don't even hate Abrams but this is a terrible idea - there are tons of other directors out there to choose from that could have done something interesting. I guess "interesting" wasn't what they were looking for. Safe was.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

It'll be fine. There's Michael Arndt writing the script as opposed to Abrams and his ADD nerd brigade. He can direct, it's his scripts that usually blow - but this one isn't his.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Shit! I was hoping for Michael Bay.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

oh goody! another role for moi.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Any shirtless pics of JJ? I think he's hot. Would love to know how big his cock is. And you just know he has a thick, hairy bush.

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

How can there BE another Star Wars movie? That's what I'd like to know.

The story is OVER at the end of Return of the Jedi:

- The Emperor is destroyed

- Darth Vader dies & is redeemed

- Luke & Leia find out they are brother & sister

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

I thought Abrams did a great job with Star Trek. So there.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

Abrams made Star Trek fun again.

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

I think Abrams' first Star Trek movie was genuinely good, but it's still been overrated.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

Abrams' Star Wars was amazing. It made me interested in the franchise again, which I hadn't been in years.

R3 is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

I don't know. I think it would be best to have different people involved in Trek and Wars. They're going to end up too similar in style and lose what makes them unique.

And, as usual, JJ doesn't finish things he starts so I expect him to now completely abandon Star Trek for his newest toy.

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

The new Star Trek was decent, and it was obviously time to move on to something new, but it will be hard to replace the original crew in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

The Star Trek movie was my favorite movie of that year. And I'm not a sci-fi fan.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

May the lens flare be with you.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

Why can't people just invent new franchises? It's sad to think of 30-40 year old guys are the ones who take the most interest in this.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2013

You know, I was willing to watch the Star Wars prequels and defend them to a few of my friends because at least they contained the same characters and some of the same actors as the original films, but I'm not going to defend doing yet another set of films that aren't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2013

I know many enjoyed his Star Trek movie, but all those characters already had perfectly nice back stories he could have brought to life to the delight of TOS fans everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

"but I'm not going to defend doing yet another set of films that aren't necessary"

If they can SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEZE another few dollars out of the SW franchise, then they will do it without shame.

This is Disney, after all...

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

But as I asked above, R24, what more can be done with Star Wars after Return of the Jedi? The story is OVER.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

R25 - what happened to all the Imperial governors and officers?

Would they all turn round and say "Oh well, the jig's up - we better surrender all our ships and troops to the Republic, which we were handily beating before"?

Or would they simply say "my turn now!"?

And then you have a huge civil war with the barely re-established Republic having to fight all these groups who are all fighting each other?

And what about the rebuilding of the Jedi?

And the pacification of the remaing Imperial worlds, the ending of the slave trade, the suppression of the criminal gangs?

Endless examples - but just not really very different...

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

Yay, now there will finally be a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover. I want to see Spock interacting with Jar Jar Binks.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

I get so tired of fools like R3.

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

It's been mentioned on a few websites that the new movies mightn't pick up where Jedi left off, and would instead just take place in that universe.

Which could be potentially more interesting. Provided that the filmmakers in charge want to just apply their style and approach to that world.

Lars Von Trier should sign up.

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

I loved the original Star Wars movies (Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). The prequels held no interest for me. Rather bland and boring. I am okay with watching the original movies on blueray when the Star Wars bug crawls up my ass. I don't need any more movies. Leave the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies alone.

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

[quote]After that dumbed-down, ADD-ridden, horribly filmed, horribly edited, horribly choreographed, plot-hole ridden abomination of a Star Trek movie

Ye gods, whatta MARY sayin'?

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

"But as I asked above, [R24], what more can be done with Star Wars after Return of the Jedi? The story is OVER."

A million paperback books have been published about the post-ROTJ adventures of Luke, Leia, Han, and all the fan-fiction characters that have solidified into a new canon.

I believe Lucas originally intended to make a film trilogy about the founding of the new Republic, but gave it up as a bad job and sold the rights for that era to the book publishers. He's basically let the nerdy fan-fiction writers take over that portion of his universe, which I think is rather sweet. Yet, the fans still hate him.

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

Uh, yeah, all those shitty novels have been thrown out, sorry. No longer canon.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

R34, please choke to death on a broken bottle.

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2013

I think you might be taking things a little too seriously, R34.

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

The new "Star Trek" movie was nice, but it honestly reminded me more of "Star Wars" than "Star Trek". We haven't had a good "Star Trek" movie since Leonard Nimoy was directing. There's a fine balance between interpersonal drama, action and sci-fi that most movie directors are incapable of finding.

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2013

Abrams is hot and pings to death but he's a shitty director, hated "Cloverfield"

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

Abrams produced but did not direct Cloverfield.

I haed "Super 8" which he did direct.

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4001/25/2013

"I know many enjoyed his Star Trek movie, but all those characters already had perfectly nice back stories he could have brought to life to the delight of TOS fans everywhere."

I wonder if there is any chance of the new timeline reverting back to the original timeline somehow in a future movie? I mean, they can't just not have Vulcan be part of the Star Trek universe from now on, can they? I don't think so.

They fucked up the timeline in the first movie. I think it will be corrected at some point.

by Anonymousreply 4101/26/2013

Yoohoo, Trekkers.

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

Okay, I'm also hoping that they restore the original timelines. That when they decide to make the last new "Star Trek" film, the following happens...

Mr. Spock has not been idle since the time shift and destruction of Vulcan, and has been working hard to save his home planet by restoring the orignial timeline. So at the climax of the last film, when all seems lost, he pushes a button and everything fades... and bingo! We're in an exact replica of the opening of "The Corbromite Manuver"!

I wonder if Nimoy would be willing to come back for it?

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013

How the hell old is Nimoy now? I don't think he's going to be around a couple of films from now. Sacrilege to state, I know, but there it is.

Anyone who watched Alias and the latest Star Trek movie will understand what I'm about to say...

If there's a giant fucking red ball of liquid anywhere near a Star Wars character, I'm going to explode!

by Anonymousreply 4401/29/2013

[quote]It's been mentioned on a few websites that the new movies mightn't pick up where Jedi left off, and would instead just take place in that universe.

I read something yesterday somewhere that said Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher may be featured in the new films as a much older Luke and Leia, so if true, apparently the new movies will take place years after ROTJ ended.

And R38, get in line. JJ is mine.

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.