Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rob Schneider regrets joining Saturday Night Live "it would have been nice to have just been able to more like Steve Buscemi"

Rob Schneider, who said if he could turn back time, he would have never gone on SNL.

“Absolutely. Maybe nobody would know who the f--- I am, but at least I wouldn’t be typecast as an actor as a comedian,” Schneider said. “Trying to break that, guys like me, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock: all these guys, we’ve been typecast as comedians. It’s been great because we would get cast . . . but we’re stuck. It’s a great stuck because we’ve been able to work for 25 years, but yeah, absolutely it’s stuck."

“A lot of times I think about, wow, it would have been nice to have just been able to more like Steve Buscemi, who can do more dramatic stuff, who can do comedies and he used to be a standup himself.”

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013

I wish he'd never joined either.

You want to hear an actor complain?

Give him a job.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

I think he's more typecast as a BAD comedian.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

He could've been the next DeNiro, the next Pacino, the next Bogart... As if!

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

This guy wouldn't have had ANY kind of career if he hadn't gotten on SNL. So he should just be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

Hope he takes up snowboarding soon.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Bill Murray has had plenty of roles that weren't comedic.

When was the last time Rob worked anyway?

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

That God-awful TV show about him being married to a hot Latina whose family hated him.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

He would be would be working for Century21 in Long Beach right now if SNL hadn't happened for him.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

He's a bad comedian who only works when his slightly less unfunny friend Adam Sandler decides to throw him a bone.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Quit whining, Rob. You used to be cute.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Yes, a person who did "Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo" complains about casting directors respecting his integrity.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

If Schneider weren't such a gimmicky, one-note comedian he might have had the broader career he desires. The others he cited are actually talented not just as comedians. Rock and Ackroyd have both filled writing and production roles.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

Well, all of those OTHER performers (save Sandler who, no matter how many "serious" movies he makes is still thought of as the funny guy from SNL), those other actors have had some good, serious roles that have gotten them some attention. Hell, think of Robin Williams! He won an OSCAR for a serious role. Perhaps Schneider will still get a decent serious role. It ain't over till its over.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Steve Buscemi was a well respected actor from New York's no-wave scene. There is no way Rob Schneider could have ever had his career. He's lucky as fuck that he was on SNL. This is really insulting to Steve Buscemi, who is a real actor.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

Horatio looks like a hot bear after losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

"I could have been a great actor if I weren't such a lousy actor!"

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

No one forced him to take every comedic part that came his way. He could have said no at the beginning, starved a few years and reinvented himself as a "serious" actor. But I bet the money was too good to resist...

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

I think he regrets ever being on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Buscemi worked his way up from small independent productions. There's nothing stopping Schneider from displaying his dramatic skills in low-budget art-house movies, aside from his greed or lack of talent, probably both. If Rob ever once showed even a modicum of dramatic talent, the presumptuous Buscemi comparison wouldn't be so incredibly laughable and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

Steve Buscemi just issued a cease and desist order.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

No way, he doesn't have Buscemi's looks or sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

John Schneider regrets being in the Dukes of Hazard.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2013

Catherine Bach regrets Jessica Simpson played her in the movie version.

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2013

Homer Simpson regrets having the same last name as John and Rob Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2013

Dwayne Schneider regrets having to listen to hundreds of hours of Bonnie Franklin's over acting.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2013

Valarie Bertinelli regrets eating everyone else's left overs on the set.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

He coulda been a contendah!

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

Lisa Simpson regrets her father is too stupid to regret having the correct last name.

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

Has he ever watched one of his own movies? No one else has....all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

I have to say that I enjoyed Deuce Bigelow Male Gigolo. A fun, dumb mindless movie. I made the mistake of watching the European Gigolo sequel.

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

I have nothing to say about Rob Schneider, but do we think Steve Buscemi could ever win an Oscar? He seems loved and respected by everybody in the business. Why has he never been nominated?

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

I liked him as naked guy on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

[quote]Perhaps Schneider will still get a decent serious role. It ain't over till its over.

Funny that he mentions Steve Buscemi. They were in a movie together called The Chosen One which is rather serious compared to all the other low brow movies with Rob Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2013

The Chosen One was a horrible Rob Schneider vanity project which the AV Club tore to shreds a couple months ago.

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

Remember the time when Luke Skywalker portrayed Schnieder's nephew?

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2013

He sucked then, he sucks now. Like a ho in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

I can't even place which one Rob Schneider was. I guess he didn't make much of an impact with me.

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2013

[quote]Why has he never been nominated?

Because he is so freakin' ugly!

by Anonymousreply 4001/25/2013

Rob Schneider isn't fit to lick the sweat from Buscemi's ballsack.

by Anonymousreply 4101/25/2013

Buscemi's nasty looking teeth make him look like he'd have revolting halitosis.

by Anonymousreply 4201/25/2013

I always got Rob Schneider mixed up with John Leguizamo. They both irritated the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 4301/25/2013

So happy to see all the love for the great Steve Buscemi here.

BTW, I never knew that Schneider ever considered himself an actor and not 'just' a comedian. If that's really his goal, why not do some actual serious work instead of just complaining?

by Anonymousreply 4401/26/2013

Rob could've been stuck in an office watching people make copies if it hadn't been for SNL.

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2013

Rob Schneider has some dough. He could have easily financed a low to no budget independent film.

Or he could take a very very very small role.

Sadly, guys like him either aren't willing to do that or their agents don't want them doing it (less $) so they don't pass on those scripts.

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!