Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BRAVO hits a new low with "LA Shrinks"

They had a preview of it during Top Chef last night. I was like, WTF! I can kind of understand useless wastes of space like any of the housewives and Jeff Lewis whoring themselves for a glimmer of fame, but there's something ten times sadder about mental health professionals doing it. Whose brilliant idea was this?

by Mother Cohenreply 3803/14/2013

Is Clayton gay?

by Mother Cohenreply 103/11/2013

"I was like, WTF" is the kind of line that negates anything else you might say.

by Mother Cohenreply 203/11/2013

was Top Chef a repeat or did I miss the reunion show?

by Mother Cohenreply 303/11/2013

I watched about half of the first episode. Zzzz. Boring.

I suspect that the "clients" are actors. It's hard enough to even GET to couples counseling much less freaking discuss your sex life in front of a camera.

by Mother Cohenreply 403/11/2013

I suspect a lot of shrinks are nut jobs themselves.

I'll go with narcissists for $500 please, Alex.

by Mother Cohenreply 503/11/2013

Any legitimate shrink or a therapist would lose a licence appearing on that show. Those are probably "life coaches" or other hacks who do not need certification.

by Mother Cohenreply 603/11/2013

if you click on the bio tab it says they are a psychologist, a "life consultant" and a "relationship therapist."

by Mother Cohenreply 703/11/2013

Andy is really scraping at the bottom of the barrel now.

by Mother Cohenreply 803/11/2013

Hard to believe Bravo and A&E actually focused on "art" rather than "trash". I'm starting to wish we had just a handful of cable channels like back in the day. The advent of "digital channels" and media concentration just meant that more shit was spread around to more outlets. Quality was lost in the rush to quantity.

by Mother Cohenreply 903/11/2013

R9 I agree. It seems like there was better stuff on when there were less channels. Now we just have more channels and more trash.

Andy turned Bravo into a fucking trash TV channel.

by Mother Cohenreply 1003/11/2013

Didn't Bravo used to be an arts channel?

by Mother Cohenreply 1103/12/2013

I wonder what Cooper and Cohen talk about when they're together... nothing but lowbrow trash?

by Mother Cohenreply 1203/12/2013

R12 Probably. After all, they both are trash.

by Mother Cohenreply 1303/12/2013

Yes, R11, Bravo was once an arts channel. Pride and Predjudice with Colin Firth was the regular fare. It's decended into tacky people TV hosted by Andy Cohen.

by Mother Cohenreply 1403/12/2013

by Mother Cohenreply 1503/12/2013

Only in Hollyweird would therapy patients feel the need to allow their private sessions to be aired on television for all the world to see.

This makes the Housewives look like Downton Abbey.

by Mother Cohenreply 1603/12/2013

I really like it! I can't stop laughing when I watch this show, because the shrinks and the patients are both nuts!

First off, it's gay friendly, so that's a huge plus.

Then there's the pure comedy factor. That batshit crazy road rage lady, and the "catty bitches" twins, and the fat-hating freak. All straight out of Datalounge lore.

Then there's the crazy shrinks ... one who rages during her period, or the other lady whose husband won't have sex with her, and then there's the "monogamish" gay guy who wants to marry his partner in front of his abusive dad.

This show is so fucked up on so many levels, and yet it amuses me so much.

by Mother Cohenreply 1703/12/2013

Yet you and most others here will watch it, won't you OP? ...along with the other trash television you gorge yourself on like a hog.

Enjoy your highbrow 'Top Chef',

by Mother Cohenreply 1803/12/2013

Greg, the gay doc, reminds me of a calmer, more stable, Jeff Lewis.

by Mother Cohenreply 1903/12/2013

I think the gay doc has a bad hair piece.

by Mother Cohenreply 2003/12/2013

Is that a piece ?- I was going back & forth last night, examining it, just like with Jeff Lewis. Sometimes it's a definite yes, then I'll see it again, and think, oh no, it's real. Guess if you gotta wear one, much better to have people 'guessing', than the Travolta fiasco.

by Mother Cohenreply 2103/12/2013

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "clitty litter"!

by Mother Cohenreply 2203/13/2013

embarrasing all around

by Mother Cohenreply 2303/13/2013

I liked the statement "No, you don't have narcissistic personality disorder - you're an asshole."

by Mother Cohenreply 2403/13/2013

I love this show!

by Mother Cohenreply 2503/13/2013

I agree with you OP. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the advertising for this new show.

by Mother Cohenreply 2603/13/2013

I don't like this show. The gay guy makes it a point to say he's not monogamous - does Bravo ever feature any monogamous gays? - and his partner is shrill and odd. Dr. Venus is just a bitch, and not even slightly interesting.

by Mother Cohenreply 2703/14/2013

Did anyone else think it odd that the sex therapist advised this rather vanilla couple to take up domination and submission?

by Mother Cohenreply 2803/14/2013

None of them wipe well

by Mother Cohenreply 2903/14/2013

I watched 3/4 of the first episode and I rather liked it. At least it had intelligent people talking about common problems. As opposed to dim, monied people making drama, which is what all the other reality shows seem to be about.

by Mother Cohenreply 3003/14/2013

I am kinda fascinated by the dominant passive couple. He look kinda fug until she said his dick was way to big, then the preview for the next ep he is in slave gear and has a rock hard bod.

They gay shrink - what is up with his neck? it looks like lizard skin.

by Mother Cohenreply 3103/14/2013

They are all actors like the rest of Bravo's CREW ON THEIR "SO CALLED" REALITY SHOWS!!

by Mother Cohenreply 3203/14/2013

That's fucked up feel good entertainment (= now I feel good / better about myself, because I don't have 'his' / 'her' / 'their' problems).

by Mother Cohenreply 3303/14/2013

The rich bitch one with 4 boys - I like her. She is pretty straight forward. The gay guy is creepy he has lizard skin. The other one is forgettable. The one who wants a baby. Shut up bitch go out and buy one.

by Mother Cohenreply 3403/14/2013

R25, I love it too!!!

by Mother Cohenreply 3503/14/2013

I want to see that guy's dick that is too big for his gf.

by Mother Cohenreply 3603/14/2013

More embarrassing than the Brad Goreski show?

by Mother Cohenreply 3703/14/2013

Either those people are not certified therapist or those are not real patients but actors.

by Mother Cohenreply 3803/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!