Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Natalie Portman quitting Hollywood? Actress's husband Benjamin Millepied accepts prestigious ballet job in Paris

Natalie Portman could soon be trading the Hollywood Hills for the lights of Paris in order to be with her husband Benjamin Millepied, who has taken a prestigious job offer in France.

Natalie jetted into Paris early Thursday morning as it was announced her choreographer beau would become the new director of the Paris Opera Ballet.

The 35-year-old dancer was responsible for helping his now wife becoming the Oscar-winning obsessional ballerina in Black Swan.

The pair married last August, a year after having their first son Aleph Portman-Millepied.

While the 31-year-old Academy Award winner has yet to announce the move her husband's new job is likely to keep him in Paris for some time with his predecessor Brigitte Lefevre, retiring after almost a decade in the role.

Benjamin is a former principal dancer with the New York City Ballet who left in 2011 to create his own dance company in Los Angeles, L.A. Dance Project. He will start at the Paris company in October 2014.

Clearly Natalie is very proud of her husband, flying through the night to be by his side when the announcement was made Thursday Paris time. Bonjour Paris: Natalie and Benjamin at the Oscars in Los Angeles in 2012

Bonjour Paris: Natalie and Benjamin at the Oscars in Los Angeles in 2012

Natalie dressed for comfort as she arrived without her son at Roissy airport, near Paris.

The Thor actress donned loose fitting straight legged black jeans, black sheepskin-lined snow boots and a large black pea coat.

The star accessorized the outfit with a black quilted Chanel Flap Bag and Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses.

While many actress' may shy away from leaving their Hollywood lives behind, Natalie has always tried to avoid the limelight her award-winning acting career has given her.

The mother of one even once thanked her baby for helping her stay 'un-Hollywood'.

'It feels like a protection against all the hoopla and the part that keeps you centred where your meaning is and what is actually important in the midst of shiny stuff that's superficial,' she said last year when asked about motherhood.

'I'm sure I'll make lots of mistakes, but I'm open to learning.'

by Anonymousreply 3401/24/2013

So did they finally get married after having that baby together?

And did she make him convert?

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

Heh heh -- "Millepied"

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

Funny she's carrying a Chanel bag when she has a Dior contract.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

How I wish that title was true, OP

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

I mean - come on!! Who really gives a sh*t!!

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

[quote]And did she make him convert?

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

Did you pressure him into circumcising their son, R6, or was he kept intact?

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Natalie Portman is currently scheduled to film in Albuquerque, NM.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

R7. The whole baby is home.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Benjamin has a warm, moist, smokey and inviting anus

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Do they even live together?

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

It's coming to its inevitable conclusion. I'm surprised they kept it up for as long as they did.

"Baby Beard" ... Coming to theaters in 2014!

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

Who is bearding, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

No way!

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

R13 = Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

This does not warrant an "Oh, dear", dear. You can't effectively condescend someone for not being up to date on scandalous celebrity gossip.

He is likely not the father, r13.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

[quote]Natalie Portman is currently scheduled to film in Albuquerque, NM.

She and Michael Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

And who is the father? Why would Natalie Portman say he was the father if he wasn't? Benjamin Millepied is a minor actor who no one had heard of before and who had a bit part in "Black Swan".

Why the need to beard for a nobody?

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

"I'm surprised they kept it up for as long as they did."

She got busted for not dancing in the movie shortly after she won. Ending a questionable marriage right after that would have made her look even worse, and would have had people questioning her motives for doing it.

The academy basically awarded Jennifer Beals performance in Flashdance. Not one of their best moments.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

[quote]And who is the father?

Pier Paolo Pasolini, Rose!!!

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

No r18, he is the bf (then husband) who is supposed to hide the fact that she got pregnant from her then married director Aronovsky. There were rumors about him being the father before the baby was born and now that he's here, you can unfortunately see that he looks exactly like Aronovsky and his other baby, telltale red hair and all.

For the record I thought the rumor was bullshit, because way too much trouble for too little a scandal, but the way that baby looks turned me around.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

But why would it matter, R21? Affairs happen in Hollywood all the time. I doubt it would be much of a scandal.

And why lie about something as important as the paternity of your child?

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

I don't believe that story, r21..don't believe that at all!

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

R22 she was prepping for her first Oscar win and rumors of her getting knocked up by the director of her movie (who himself was married to an Oscar winning actress, Rachel Weisz) could have cost her the Oscar and subsequent promotional deals (Dior).

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

It definitely would have been a big deal for Natalie to be knocked up by her older, married director while he was still married to a much liked, Oscar winning actress. And especially during Oscar season.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

the standard two year bearding contract has expired.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

R24, Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofksy were NOT married. They just had a child together outside of marriage like half of straight couples do today.

Some people on this thread don't even have their facts straight. (R25 that includes you too)

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

Whatever, R27. Rachel and Darren were together for years and had a child. Whether they were married or not would not have helped the optics or PR scandal had it come out that Natalie was knocked up by Aronofksky.

Obviously all parties wanted it to stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

There's no "Whatever" about it, R28. People like you can't even get basic facts straight. And whether someone is married or not is a pretty big thing to not even know.

So that makes the gossip you are reporting as fact pretty questionable too.

by Anonymousreply 2901/24/2013

Take it down a notch, R29. Not need to get hysterical over whether technically Rachel and Darren were married or not.

In any event the scandal of innocent Natalie, in the middle of campaigning for an Oscar, announcing that Aronofsky was the father of her baby and NOT her ballet boyfriend would have been a big deal.

If you don't want to believe the gossip, who cares, R29?

Believe whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

And we were having such fun until the cunt at R27/R29 showed up.

The paternity of Natalie's baby has been an obvious problem for months and it's ALL OVER the internet, not just DL.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

It even comes up in Google autofill.

And I agree, that person is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2013

Wow! I guess that people really care! Judging by the way you all are responding, the world just might come to an end if Natalie Portman leaves Hollywood.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013

Just googled, Rachel was with Darren Aronofsky for 9 years but they never married.

by Anonymousreply 3401/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!