Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Question for attorneys.

Last night at around 9PM, hearing the sound of this loud truck, I look out the window and see this guy hooking my car up to his tow truck. I ran outside and told him to release my car at once...that I was totally paid up. He told me to "fuck off".

I was so angry I jumped on him in an attempt to get him to stop. He pushes me off him and says, "get the fuck off me, FAGGOT!"

Now I was really enraged, so I jumped in his tow truck (it was still running) and locked the doors so he couldn't get in. I told him I would unlock only if he released my car. So he calls me "faggot" once more and threatens to call the police, so I got out.

I have never missed a payment. The bank has acknowledged it was a bank error. I want to sue the bastard for discrimination. Do I have a case?

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

No. He was just doing his job. Being an asshole about it, but nothing illegal.

Why wouldn't you let him call the police? They may have been able to charge them with attempted auto theft.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

So the company you're paying off the car to sent a guy to repossess it without even sending you a letter first to chase a late payment? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

You assaulted him, fool. Assault was the first actual crime committed here. You had a potential case up to that moment, but not after it.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

There was no discrimination, he would have been discriminating against you if he refused to do his job based on your sexuality. The fact you assaulted him would give him grounds to sue you and the bank if he were to suddenly complain of back pain or other injuries as a result of your physical attack.

It would be different if he attacked you physically and called you a faggot depending on your city's hate crime laws. Count yourself lucky.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

R3, why would they send a letter "to chase a late payment" if there hasn't been a late payment?

I hope you can sue the fuck out of this asshole, Have you called the cops?

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

No case against the repo man, but you may have a case against the bank. It's hard to see, though, what your real damages are for such a small incident. At best you have emotional distress. I'd complain to the bank about it and see what they offer you, if anything. If they don't offer you anything, I'd let it go.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Of course you should raIsr a ruckus. Ignore the fools who are blaming you. His job my gay ass.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Why would he call the cops? The guy was doing his job, he used an offensive slur but OP did assault him and trespass in his vehicle while locking him out. OP is lucky HE wasn't charged, with assault and auto theft.

If you're so hellbent on revenge because someone called you a name, complain to the tow-truck company that employs him. You do not have a case since no discrimination took place, you were just a victim of namecalling, and a bank mistake that wasn't the tow truck drivers fault.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

He wasn't trying to take the car because you are gay. No discrimination was involved.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

Alleged bank mistake r10.

All we know is what the OP told us, and even if the story is only 50% accurate, his reactions indicate he is, at best, unstable.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Did this occur in LA...everyone sues everyone for anything out here. Ridiculous. Drop it. And butch up, honeycakes cause life is a long journey if you arent prepared to roll with it.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

Your case is about unlawful taking of your car, not discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

The car is a Mini Cooper or a Miata.

It's OK, OP. He was just acknowledging your excellently gay taste in cars.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Aside from writing a poor internet review on the tow operator, you have no case. It was a slur, not discrimination. You are fortunate he withheld calling the police after that assault and possible GTA. Your lender was at fault here.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

R12 = Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

R19 -- I don't own a car at present, but Mini Cooper or Miata would be what I'd get if I did. I had NO IDEA those were "gay" cars!

The one person I know of who owns a Miata is more definitely NOT gay!

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

HOW did the tow truck driver know the OP is gay?? Why would he have said "faggot"?!

OP sounds kinda scary.

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

[quote] The tow truck driver should sue you for assault.

[quote] I jumped on him... He pushes me off him and says, "get the fuck off me, FAGGOT!"

Or the police could charge you with attempted SEXUAL assault.

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

No straight guy is gonna admit a sissy touched him.

But you don't own the car, the bank does. If you owned the car you'd have the pink.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

Um... unless I missed something, why do you think he took your car because the Repo man sent them?

You don't say where you were parked, so could it have been an illegal parking job?

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

The OP clearly doesn't have a discrimination complaint but I think the people claiming that the OP assaulted the repo man are probably wrong. The agent of the bank (the repo man) had no right to take the OP's property and the OP may (depending on local law) have had a right to defend an unlawful taking. I think the OP would be on very clear grounds if this happened on his property (e.g., his driveway).

For example, if a repo man came to the door of your house and tried to wrongfully evict you, my bet is that under most state laws you could defend yourself and your property. Same idea should apply here.

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

Wrong #25. The bank holds the title as collateral. It's in the OP's name.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

Not without the yellow title.

by Anonymousreply 2901/24/2013

So did he take your car away, OP? And has it been returned?

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

Wrong #29. Just because the owner doesn't have the title doesn't mean he doesn't own the car. The bank just has a lien.

If what you were suggesting was true then banks would be liable to other drivers if the car they owned got into an accident.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

No, you don't have a case.

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2013

When you jumped onto him, were you screetching like a girl?

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013

Maybe if you didn't act like a faggot, people wouldn't call you one.

Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 3401/24/2013

Let's see, OP. You want to know if you are entitled to money because some guy called you "faggot?" Guess.

by Anonymousreply 3501/24/2013

So much compassion....

by Anonymousreply 3601/24/2013

Compassion for what, r25?

Jumping on a tow truck driver?

You'd say exactly the same thing if some hysterical flaming queen jumped on you while you were trying to do your job.

by Anonymousreply 3701/24/2013

OP is the Nasty Tow Truck Diver troll.

by Anonymousreply 3801/24/2013

Don't be so mean to OP. He didn't deserve to called faggot. His car was wrongfully being taken away and would be a major pain in the ass to get it back. He freaked out. It happens.

That said, he really has no case. Not every indignity can be basis of a successful lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 3901/24/2013

If you were in Florida you could stand your ground!

by Anonymousreply 4001/24/2013

At least he didn't call you a "messy faggot."

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013

If you'd both had guns you could have settled this like real men. Faggot.

by Anonymousreply 4201/24/2013

It was parked right in front of my house, on the street, R27.

I'm waiting for MY car right now.

So, you think I have a case against the bank. They admitted it was a bank error. I have no physical scars, but plenty of emotional ones. And believe me, I did not hurt the repo man. He was built like a brick shithouse. If anything, he hurt me when he flung me off of him.

by Anonymousreply 4301/24/2013

OP, will we see you on the Repo Man TV show? Would like to see the guy built like a brick shithouse while you were screaming and carrying-on.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2013

I knew a girl who had her car repossessed. But then she died.

by Anonymousreply 4501/25/2013

The repo man had no clue about OP, then he saw the caftan flowing in the breeze.

by Anonymousreply 4601/25/2013

There is a show about repo men?

by Anonymousreply 4701/26/2013

"Faggot" is a typical redneck insult word, and is thrown around regardless of the orientation of the person it's aimed at. In their world, it's as much as an insult to a straight guy's masculinity as it is to a gay person's orientation.

Bottom line is, OP, Repo Man didn't call you a faggot because you're gay, he called you a faggot because you're male.

And no, you don't have a case against him. You'd get laughed out of court.

by Anonymousreply 4801/26/2013

R46 before the repo guy hooked up the car to his truck he saw the OP through the window dialing a phone with a pencil and then taking his earring off before he put the handset to his ear.

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2013

You need to learn to respond appropriately, OP.

You blam the tow truck driver for flinging you off of him and calling you a name, but he never would have done so if you didn't jump on him.

Why do you think physically attacking someone is appropriate? Why not call the police if you feel your car is being taken unlawfully?

You put this person in a VERY uncomfortable situation by acting disrespectful and outright hostile. To be honest, you were lucky that you weren't hurt even moreso than you claim to be.

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2013

Wasn't this on an episode of Law & Order SVU. I think Mariska played the tow truck driver.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!