Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mad Men photos from Season 6 released

They don't give away any plot points. but I like that some characters look more recognizably late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 4504/03/2013

They've announced the new season will begin April 7th.

Megan looks very "Valley of the Dolls," and Pete has been the first to adopt long sideburns (which makes sense since he is usually the hippest guy in the office fashion-wise). Betty has lost her weight.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

Hamm looks amazingly handsome in those pics. Lawd have mercy, the things I would do to that man if given the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

I want to unleash the Hammaconda!

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

Love Pete's sideburns!

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

I think this show is, for the most part, over.

They kept fucking with it out of their own greed. Taking it away for two year, bringing it back at weird times, shorter season hoping it would make it seem more 'edgy' etc..

I've loved the show but I'm just not interested anymore and have a feeling a lot people have just lost interest as well.

I will want to know how the series ends however so I may watch some of the last episodes.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

The show worked best when Don and Betty were still married. I understand that the writers wanted to move past that for creative reasons, but an important element was lost when they did.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

Jon Hamm has become a little bit insufferable. He fancies himself a "director" now. You know, cause he's on a TV show and stuff and he's paid his dues. *eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

I disagree with r5 and r6 completely.

I think the show revivified considerably last season now that Don has to deal with Megan, who is in so many ways everything he ever wanted (she loves him, she's wonderful with the children, she's even better and more prestigious eye candy than Betty is) but who comes with her own problems (she's a jumble of insecurities and basically a basket case).

I had become very tired of Betty's increasing witchiness and Don's endless fights with her. I felt the show was stuck in a revolving door the fourth season, and is now much better.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Sally is looking like Caroline Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Wow! Rabid fangurl alert @ R10!!

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

I'm still hanging in there but I will admit that MM has really lost much of its appeal.

r10 you sound completely unhinged and in need of medication. Aggressive much?

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

Megan looks fabulous with the Jacqueline Susann hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

Still the best show on TV. Homeland and Breaking Bad have inched closer. But Mad Men is the show I pause everything to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

No way Don is still wearing his hair like that in 1969. Even guys on main street were growing it out, much less a bigshot Madison Avenue type.

It would have been longer, especially the sideburns, and the Brylcreem would be long gone.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

Fuck off r11/7/5. Everyone knows you'll watch every episode and then complain how the show is tired and should be cancelled/jumped the shark etc. Your 3 posts in a thread with only 15 posts shows how fucking stupid you are.

You'll click on every fucking Mad Men thread just to complain about how much you hate the show.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

[quote]No way Don is still wearing his hair like that in 1969. Even guys on main street were growing it out, much less a bigshot Madison Avenue type.

The new season seems to take place in 1967/68, not 1969.

And yes, conservative executive types like Don still had very conservative haircuts in 1967/68. It took quite a few years for the longer hair with sideburns look to catch on with that set.

The fashion research for this show is nothing if not meticulous.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

R16 is a fucking loon and needs her pills.

I have a feeling Megan is going to be more of a central character next season.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

[quote]They kept fucking with it out of their own greed. Taking it away for two year, bringing it back at weird times, shorter season hoping it would make it seem more 'edgy' etc..

Huh? No season has been shorter.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

R5 simply doesn't know what s/he is talking about. All of the Mad Men seasons have been exactly the same length.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

Don would have taken some of the Brill Cream out of his hair by 1968, R17. He should also be showing some grey at 40+. I'd like to see some weight gain too.

Pete's sideburns are ridiculous. Sure, a little is okay. But if one actually had a job outside the Berkeley campus, what he has in the pic is way too much.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

R5 seems to be thinking of Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

Crazy or not, it doesn't make you less of a dickhead, r21.

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

R15 Maybe they kept his hair like that to show that Don is not changing with the times? There is that memorable scene at the end of last season's "Lady Lazarus" in which Don tries to listen to the song Megan recommends -- The Beatles's psychedelic "Tomorrow Never Knows". He's baffled by it, turns it off partway through, and walks away. I think that tells us how Don is going to handle the changing times.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

They're no Downton Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

And "Downton Abbey" isn't "Downtown Abbey" either these days.

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

Looking forward to April 7.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

January Jones looks great.

Can't wait! Still the best show on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

Did Don bang those two broads at the end of last season? I say yes he's aging horndog insecure of his young beautiful wife.

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

What is going on in the first pic. DD looks like he ate something that didn't agree with him. That angle isn't good for January Jones. It makes her look old.

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

bump for the search impaired

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

[quote]Did Don bang those two broads at the end of last season?

No one knows--they didn't say at the end of the season.

We'll probably find out only indirectly--even if he was supposed to have banged them (and he think he was only really about to bang just the one--Don has yet to be into group scenes that we've seen), it would not have meant much to him.

I think the real question is whether he's going to stay faithful in general to Megan or go back to his tomcatting ways.

Frankly, I would be surprised if he does the latter again, at least to the degree he used to. The frequent tomcatting had much to do with his extreme insecurity when he was with Betty and couldn't let him know about his past. if he does have affairs on the side now, since Megan knows all about his Dick Whitman past (and accepts it), I would think he would use it more as an escape from his stressful home life (and Megan's unhappiness) rather than as a way of affirming himself as a human being, the way he used to do it when with Betty.

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

Is this the last season or second-to-last? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

There are supposed to be seven seasons, so this is Season 6, and then we'll have a final season.

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

Christina has put on more weight.

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

By 1968 ALL sophisticated men between 18 and 50 had sideburns, at least, if not hair worn over the top of their ears. And no more greasy kid stuff!

This takes place in NYC, bitches. Not Omaha.

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

[quote]'Mad Men' photos feature cast at lush party, but fail to give away new season plot

So it is a failure not to reveal the new plot? God, there is a special circle of hell for entertainment journalists.

by Anonymousreply 3903/06/2013

"Did Don bang those two broads at the end of last season?"

Ridiculous. They wouldn't have been interested in an old guy in reality unless they were hookers.

by Anonymousreply 4003/06/2013

Can someone refresh my memory about the two broads Don may or may not have banged?

The problem with Mad Men is that the hiatus is so damn long I can't remember half the shit that happened in the previous season.

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

The last scene of the last episode had Don at a bar with two babes. Don had just come from Megan's commercial shoot.

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2013

There will be more Betty this season

by Anonymousreply 4303/11/2013

More photos

by Anonymousreply 4404/03/2013

The Don Draper character will NEVER not have the conservative look. Are the people wondering why he doesn't look more like a hippy kidding? He'll cast hippies in his ads and stay abreast of all the trends, but he'll never actually adopt them himself.

Put it this way - did your grandpa suddenly start wearing neon and Air Jordans in the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 4504/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!