Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Voice actor for Charlie Brown arrested in Calif

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The man who was the voice of Charlie Brown in several "Peanuts" television shows was charged Wednesday with stalking and threatening his former girlfriend and a plastic surgeon who gave her a breast enhancement that he paid for before the relationship ended.

Peter Robbins pleaded not guilty Wednesday in San Diego Superior Court to two counts of stalking and 10 counts of making criminal threats.

Prosecutors said the 56-year-old voice actor best known for his portrayal of Charlie Brown on the TV special "A Charlie Brown Christmas" repeatedly threatened his former girlfriend, calling her as many as 37 times in a 24-hour period on her cellphone and telling her he would kill her and her son if she did not give back his dog and car.

Prosecutors said he also followed and threatened her La Jolla plastic surgeon, calling her office so many times she moved to a hotel temporarily out of fear for her life and hired an armed guard outside her clinic. Authorities said Robbins was demanding a refund for the surgery, according to the criminal complaint.

On Dec. 31, Robbins allegedly confronted his former girlfriend in a hotel room, beating his dog and telling her he would not stop hurting the animal and would kill her if she did not get a refund for the surgery, Deputy District Attorney Elizabeth McClutchey told the judge in arguing that bail be increased to $550,000. McClutchey said he then grabbed his ex-girlfriend by the neck and shoved her against the door before fleeing.

Prosecutors also told the judge that Robbins had been practicing at a shooting range and recently purchased a gun but had not picked it up yet. San Diego Superior Court Judge David M. Szumowski agreed to up the bail to $550,000.

Robbins was arrested Sunday at the San Ysidro Port of Entry after authorities doing a background check upon his return from Mexico spotted a warrant from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Robbins was best known for his performance as the voice of Charlie Brown on "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

Defense Attorney Marc S. Kohnen told the judge the bail was set too high for a man with no prior criminal record, who has lived in San Diego County for 30 years and whose work is watched by so many children to this day. He called him a "distraught man" and said "this is not a stalking case" but declined to comment on what led to his arrest.

"Mr. Robbins is an eccentric individual," Kohnen told reporters after the arraignment. "He's not a threat to society."

If convicted, he would face a maximum sentence of up to nine years in prison, prosecutors said.

by Wah wah wah reply 2605/10/2013

What a blockhead!

by Wah wah wah reply 101/24/2013

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" is from 1965. Good grief!

by Wah wah wah reply 201/24/2013

RATS!

by Wah wah wah reply 301/24/2013

As somebody posted in the comments section on Gawker, doesn't he know that pyschiatric help only costs 5 cents???

by Wah wah wah reply 401/24/2013

You're not a good man, Charlie Brown.

by Wah wah wah reply 501/24/2013

THAT'S IT!!!

by Wah wah wah reply 601/24/2013

Poor Snoopy.

by Wah wah wah reply 701/24/2013

I wonder how his voice sounds now

by Wah wah wah reply 801/24/2013

Good Grief!

by Wah wah wah reply 901/24/2013

Please tell me that the girl had red hair.

by Wah wah wah reply 1001/24/2013

Who cares voice acting is where losers go who can't have a real career acting.

by Wah wah wah reply 1101/24/2013

Charlie Brown Actor Pleads Guilty to Threatening, Stalking

Peter Robbins, who was the voice of Charlie Brown in many of the early animated Peanuts specials, including A Charlie Brown Christmas, pleaded guilty Wednesday in San Diego to making criminal threats and stalking following incidents involving his ex-girlfriend and her doctor.

He faces up to three years in prison at his sentencing next month, according to California's City News Service.

Robbins, 56, reportedly paid for breast-augmentation surgery for his then-girlfriend, Shawna Kern. But after their relationship ended following an alleged domestic-violence episode, he threatened Kern and the doctor in an attempt to get his money back, prosecutors said.

He was arrested in January and had originally pleaded not guilty.

Robbins was 9 years old when he became the voice of Charlie Brown. His other TV specials included A Boy Named Charlie Brown and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

by Wah wah wah reply 1204/11/2013

AAAAUUUGH!

by Wah wah wah reply 1304/11/2013

Judge: "Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah"

Peter Robbins: "Yes, sir. I plead guilty."

Judge: "Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah."

Peter Robbins: "Yes, sir. I understand that I may face up to 3 years in prison."

by Wah wah wah reply 1404/11/2013

Here's the guy's official comment to this case: 'sqealing trumpet noises' 'more sqealing trumpet noises'.

by Wah wah wah reply 1504/11/2013

‘Charlie Brown’ actor explains stalking charges: ‘A girl broke my heart’

By Arturo Garcia Raw Story Saturday, January 26, 2013

The actor who provided the voice of “Charlie Brown” told KFMB-TV on Friday that he suffered a nervous breakdown on account of being deceived by both his girlfriend and the plastic surgeon who operated on her.

“A girl broke my heart,” Peter Robbins said from jail, where he is being held on $550,000 bail. “That’s what this is all about.”

The 55-year-old actor was arrested late Sunday night at the U.S.-Mexico border on a warrant for allegedly making criminal threats against Dr. Lori Saltz, the plastic surgeon who performed breast enhancement surgery on his then-girlfriend, Shawna Kern.

Robbins is also accused of stalking Kern and leaving threatening phone messages, including one in which he tells her, “You better hide Shawna, I’m coming for you.” He said he made that call while in Mexico, telling her, “Guess what Shawna, I’m outside your window,” but that she should have been able to identify that as an international call.

U-T San Diego reported on Wednesday that on Dec. 31, Robbins began to hit his dog, Snoopy, after demanding Kern get a refund on the surgery, which he paid for. That night, he also allegedly left a message on Saltz’s answering service demanding she bring $12,000 to a hotel.

But Robbins told the station he was the victim in the relationship.

“I wanted to have a baby with a girl,” he said. “I have a shady past. When she stopped doing meth, I stopped drinking. I thought maybe there was a future for us. Turns out she wanted to get a boob job, steal my car, steal my dog Snoopy and get back to making love to her old boyfriend.”

He also denied the newspaper’s report that he suffered from pancreatic cancer.

“I made it up,” he said. “I don’t have cancer. I wanted to live though, like I did have cancer, like Lance Armstrong. How would you fight it?”

Robbins is due back in court on Monday for a bail review hearing. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 22.

Watch Robbins’ jailhouse interview with KFMB, aired Friday, below.

by Wah wah wah reply 1604/11/2013

He beat Snoopy. Fry the bastard.

by Wah wah wah reply 1704/11/2013

He sounds like a nut.

by Wah wah wah reply 1804/11/2013

One of the Shea's, who did Linus in the first Christmas episode was interviewed for a bonus for the DVD. I think it was Christofer. He looked really bad, probably drugs. Of the first three major specials, the Christmas special is very cloying and over religious, and not as funny as the others. The Thanksgiving special has a nice (new) theme song by Vince Giraldi, but is not as funny as the Great Pumpkin. The Halloween special is non-stop a laugh fest, and very well paced. Notice the first scene, there's a blooper where Linus rolls Lucy's huge pumpkin past a fence and is not seen between the slats.

by Wah wah wah reply 1904/11/2013

You've Been Served with a Restraining Order, Charlie Brown!

by Wah wah wah reply 2004/11/2013

You know, Charlie Brown, they say we learn more from losing than from #winning.

by Wah wah wah reply 2104/11/2013

I bet she has red hair.

by Wah wah wah reply 2204/11/2013

[quote] Dec. 31, Robbins allegedly confronted his former girlfriend in a hotel room, beating his dog and telling her he would not stop hurting the animal and would kill her

Shoot him, and get it over with. I doubt it's the first time he's done that.

by Wah wah wah reply 2304/11/2013

He also denied the newspaper’s report that he suffered from pancreatic cancer. “I made it up,” he said. “I don’t have cancer. I wanted to live though, like I did have cancer, like Lance Armstrong. How would you fight it?”

HUH?

by Wah wah wah reply 2404/11/2013

He looks EXACTLY how I would imagine Charlie Brown would look as an ElderStraight!

by Wah wah wah reply 2504/11/2013

Charlie Brown has been placed in time out. Peter Robbins, the actor who voiced Charlie Brown in the Peanuts films like It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! and A Charlie Brown Christmas, has been sentenced to go to rehab for stalking his ex-girlfriend, the San Diego County District Attorney tells Hollywood.com.

"The defendant, Mr. Robbins, was sentenced yesterday to five years probation and 365 days in custody by Superior Court Judge Dwayne Moring," the DA says. But because "Mr. Robbins has already served 110 days in custody and has ‘good time’ credits for 110 for a total of 220 days credit, the court ordered that the balance of the 365 days is stayed pending successful completion of a residential rehabilitation program." Put simply, he has to spend the remainder of his sentence in rehab.

by Wah wah wah reply 2605/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.