Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

***BREAKING*** North Korea Announces Its Test Missiles Are Aimed At The US, It's 'Arch-Enemy'

Oh, that little pig fucker!

SEOUL — North Korea said on Thursday it planned to carry out a third nuclear test and more rocket launches aimed at its "arch-enemy" the United States in response to tightened UN sanctions.

The announcement prompted a call for restraint from the North's sole major ally China and a warning from rival South Korea to heed the demands of the international community.

Following a UN Security Council meeting this week, the communist state hurled fresh invective at its US-led foes in a statement from its National Defence Commission, without specifying when the nuclear test might take place.

But it said the test -- which would follow detonations in 2006 and 2009 that were condemned around the world -- would be part of an "upcoming all-out action" that marked a "new phase" in the country's anti-US struggle. "We do not hide that the various satellites and long-range rockets we will continue to launch, as well as the high-level nuclear test we will proceed with, are aimed at our arch-enemy the United States," the commission said.

"Settling accounts with the US needs to be done with force, not with words," it added in the statement, carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

It did not elaborate on the meaning of "high-level". Some experts have predicted that the North's next test might be of a uranium bomb, rather than the plutonium devices it detonated on the two previous occasions.

Such a development would indicate it had mastered the sophisticated technology needed to produce highly enriched uranium (HEU).

"The statement reads like typical North Korean brinkmanship, and we can't definitely say a test is imminent," said Kim Yong-Hyun, professor of North Korea studies at Dongguk University.

"But it's highly possible that it will use HEU for the test when it happens," Kim said. While declining to name North Korea, China's foreign ministry said "all relevant parties" with a stake in the Korean peninsula should "refrain from action that might escalate the situation in the region."

The North's threat coincided with a visit to Seoul by the US special envoy on North Korea, Glyn Davies, who urged Pyongyang not to go ahead with a third test.

"Whether North Korea tests or not, it's up to North Korea," Davies told reporters after a meeting with his South Korean counterpart, speaking shortly before the North's statement. "We hope they don't do it, we call on them not to do it. It would be a mistake and a missed opportunity if they were to do it," he said. South Korea's foreign ministry spokesman voiced deep regret over the test threat and urged Pyongyang to heed the "constant warnings" against further provocative acts.

Much of the North's statement was devoted to condemning Tuesday's announcement by the UN Security Council of expanded sanctions against Pyongyang in response to its long-range rocket launch last month.

"We absolutely refute all the illegal and outlawed resolutions adopted by the Security Council," the commission said. Tuesday's resolution, proposed by the United States, was adopted unanimously by the 15-nation council, including the North's sole major ally China.

As well as adding a number of North Korea entities and individuals to an existing UN sanctions list, the resolution threatened "significant action" if the North stages a nuclear test.

North Korea's foreign ministry reacted defiantly on Wednesday, when it also gave the first hint that Pyongyang would react with a nuclear test by vowing "physical actions" to boost its nuclear deterrent.

South Korean defence ministry spokesman Wi Yong-Seop told reporters that Seoul believed the North was capable of conducting a test "any time its leadership decides to do so".

Last month a US think-tank reached a similar conclusion based on satellite photos, suggesting the North had repaired rain damage at its nuclear test site and could conduct a detonation at two weeks' notice.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

Well, the Neocons will get one of their wars. Like with WWII, the Right will be pissed that we didn't go to war with Iran, instead of North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

Arch-Enemy. LOL

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

Yawn, don't do they do this quite often? Sabre rattling, nothing else. Their shit never works anyway.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

I feel better now. If they're aimed at us, that's the last place on Earth they're likely to hit.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

They always rattle the sabre when they run low on food.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Are you kidding me??

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

My arch-enemy is the incorrect apostrophe in "its."

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Ah yes, the mutually beneficial bogeyman relationship. I bet the folks at Lockheed and Raytheon are high fiving one another right now. Thousands of years later and we haven't evolved much at all.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

What in the hell are they aimed at - Alaska?

Who gives a rat's ass.....just use their incoming missiles as target practice for whatever secret under-development stuff we've got....the fallout will be over Palin territory.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Who cares it's not like they can hit anything, except Japan, and we should've nuked them into oblivion in '45.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

r10 stands by the 'no asians' in his grndr profile

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

Why does anyone like them, they all got yellow skin, buck teeth and slant eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

I'm waiting for them to blow themselves up. Their technology is as ridiculous as their government.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

It's not as though they have a REAL arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction, like Saddam Hussein did.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

They never aimed shit at the US. This new one is crazier than his father.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

US should just blow the missle up right after launch just to fuck with them.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

They keep trying to scare us and they keep failing. I guess their spy network is none too clever.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

They never threatened the US directly, nor ever gave a 'we're coming after your ass' statement. This is serious shit.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

Yes but they have no oil, so Republicans are not interested in going to war with them. Think it through.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

[quote]My arch-enemy is the incorrect apostrophe in "its."

Are you on crack?

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

Ay yi yi, I shoot missile at arch-enemy Uncer Sam!

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

Does anyone actually think this little fat, pussy son is in charge? My guess is that he's fat and fed and the propaganda machine is really in charge.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.