Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mephisto shoes

I'm sick of Chinese made shoes and their poor quality. Just ordered a pair of Mephistos. Anyone here have experience with these shoes? What other European-made shoes do you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

You read it wrong, OP. it says "Memphiso" shoes. They're made up in Frazier.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

I have a couple of pair of mephisto shoes and they are sooo comfortable. You'll probably love them

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

For some reason European shoes don't seem to be made in different widths. I have wide feet and have never been able to find a comfortable pair of Mephistos or other similar European shoes.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

I think their quality has decreased in the last couple of years. I had a pair that I wore all over Croatia and for a couple of years after, but subsequent pairs have given me blisters or just weren't the same quality. Plus, their prices have gotten so crazy and I agree that they do tend to run rather narrow. I'd love to find another pair of ultra comfortable shoes - even if they aren't cheap - but I've given up on Mephistos.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Try ECCO shoes-- all well made and super duper comfy!

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

Same problem: no wides.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Tsubo and Salamander.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Wides aren't pedigree, are they?

I'm a 7 quad A .

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Campers from Spain

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Recently bought a pair of Mephisto Rush. I have narrow feet so they fit me great. They are a great walking shoe. I have arthritis in a knee and these are the best shoes I've worn in the last year for keeping my pain away. Used to love Eccos but now they appear much less well-made than a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

I believe Mephistos are made in France.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

John Lobb. Is there anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

Footprints by Birkenstock, very comfortable and well made. Quality German shoes.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Josef Seibel still makes shoes in Europe. Also Frye makes some of its boots in the US. Munro makes shoes in the U.S., but I'm not sure if they make men's shoes. Also Quoddy Mocs will work with an outline of your feet.

I also like Scarpa for sporty shoes. I have a pair of great sneakers from them, made in Italy; they are frequently on sale through Amazon.

If you like Huaraches (not that this is the season for it) BrandX makes great huaraches in Mexico. Very comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!