Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The inception

Did you like the movie? I watched it with my dad. He didn't like it because Leonardo Di Caprio was in the movie. I sort of liked it but Leo ruined it for me as well.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

Good effects, but it should've been simpler and shorter, it's a bit of a bloated mess. I'm surprised it did so well with it's way-out sci-fi storyline.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

Is English your first language?

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

no.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

Why the hating on DiCaprio?

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

This was one of the best science fiction films ever made, Leo was great in it.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

I kind of get it. Leo is so hard to accept as many of the characters he's assigned to play. To me, he's a boy with a big head, who looks like a teen dressed up like a grown man, but never very convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

I dont' understand why people think he's such a great actor. He isn't even a good one.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

I think of him more as a ho-hum actor, than a good or bad one.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

I preferred Leo in "The J. Edgar"

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Not a fan of Inception. I couldn't get into it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Like most of Nolan's films, it's a great big incoherent mess.

But I liked it anyway, because it's looks great and it's really wierd, and some of the dreamscapes really seemed dreamlike.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

R11, Then why doesn't Nolan get a better editor?

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

I liked it. It wasn't as deep as some people seemed to think it was though. Leo was fine in it. He's not my favorite actor but he's good at what he does. He was wonderful in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I agree that for years he didn't look much like a man, but now he's starting to age.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

DiCaprio is a barely adequate actor whose performances are highly labored (all those looks of "brooding intensity" are ham-fisted efforts to instill gravitas at every fucking turn.)

He deserves some credit, however, for making an effort to pick interesting films and to (mostly) avoid truly dreadful ones. Those good choices have carried his career which began with some promise but has been middling at best since his Titanic days.

Inception was an interesting idea, richly executed in terms of visuals, but the plot and direction and DiCaprio's acting pulled it down to something very forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

It's "Inception", not "The inception". And it, and Leo, are both quite good.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

what you dont realize is that dream burglars falsely implanted that memory into your head. you were never at the movies with your father. ask yourself, how did you get there?

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

I felt it thought itself way smarter than it actually was and therefore kinda gave me a case of the "mehs". And it has 2 of my least favorite actors. Leo and that douchey Joseph Gordon whatever.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

At least DiCaprio was better in this than in Shutter Island, where he basically just covered a collection of tics in a sheen of sweat and cruised on that for the duration.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

I liked it visually and Cillian Murphy was in it, as he is in most (or all) Nolan films. Cillian is enough reason for me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.