Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do they eventually get what they deserve? Are bullies abused kids who try to vent their frustrations onto other people? Sentiments?

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

I just found out over Christmas my older brother, whom I've always thought was a nice guy (at least since he's become an adult), was (by his own admission) a bully in high school--he didn't beat guys up, but he verbally picked on weak and unpopular kids (girls as well as boys) and mercilessly mocked them in front of others.

He is haunted by this now, and feels he has to do some kind of penance for the rest of his life for the wrongs he did those kids back then. He even donated a kidney anonymously five years ago because he felt somehow that might make up the wrongs he did other people when he was in high school. He's in therapy about his guilt and shame over what he did.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2013

[quote]Do they eventually get what they deserve?

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

[quote]Do they eventually get what they deserve?

The answer is no OP. It's very unfair and very unfortunate but no, they never get what they deserve because they go through life doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

Actually, my developmental psych course briefly covered bullying, and apparently the research shows that school bullies spend a LOT of time in jail as adults.

So some educators want to stop bullying not just for the sake of the bullied, but to save the bullies themselves from a path that is likely to end in jail.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

They usually do not get what's coming to them. Bullies tend to be very popular among their peer groups, unfortunately (especially in high school).

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Especially in the corporate world and Wall Street. Most hedge funds are nothing but bullies.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

DL has several bullies.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

You are so right, r6.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

The bullies in my school on long island were the spoiled brat Jewish kids who routinely made fun of the other kids who weren't as rich as they were.

"Are you poor? Is that why your sneakers are ripped? Cant you afford to buy new ones?"

Most of those assholes are now on Wall Street or Florida selling big time real estate.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Yes, we get what we deserve... and we get to laugh all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!