Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

You know why Utah still has the option of firing squad?

Well, do you?

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013

probably because of all those Osmonds.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Yes. Gary Gilmore chose to be shot. Executioner's Song &all that.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Close, R1

Because of the super secret hidden Mormon doctrine of "Blood Atonement." There are five categories of sin that cannot atoned for by the blood of Jesus Christ.

They are:

Muder

Homosexuality

Adultery (obviously this appies only to women)

Apostasy from the true church.

Marrying a black person.

Mormons believe that all black people have dark skin because they were cursed. This is true of Native Indians as well.

HOWEVER, if your OWN blood is shed in death, you can be forgiven, therefore getting a crack at the Telestial Kingdom, one step up from the outer darkness, Hell. Unfortunately, the death penalty only applies to murder in this country, so...

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

It's almost impossible to get into the Celestial Kingdom, the top tier of Mormon "Heaven". You have to have the status of a Mitt Romney, Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, etc.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Sorry, forgot to include Idaho, part of the Mormon corridor.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

Agree with R2 - most people over 35 know this because of Gary Gilmore and the Executioner's Song.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

Dayum - had no idea!

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

So all of those Mormon Boy Scouts can get their Marksmanship Merit Badges.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

Did you know the 5th floor of the Washington DC Mormon temple is an exact replica of the oval office with the same exact telemetry. Airplanes must be routed AROUND the temple located in Silver Springs.

Thank GOD Romney didn't make it into office or all of those aforementioned sins would have death penalty options.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Silver SPRING, not Springs.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

r3, are there really people out there in the year 2013 who really believe that? Scary!

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

[quote]It's almost impossible to get into the Celestial Kingdom, the top tier of Mormon "Heaven". You have to have the status of a Mitt Romney, Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, etc.

The Mormon God is not very democratic, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

Are you a Mormon, R11? If so, read this article from the NY Times in 1912. 8 Independent Egyptologists came to the same exact conclusion.

"It is difficult to deal with Joseph Smith's impudent fraud." -- Dr. A.H. Sayce of Oxford University

"A Figaro of nonsense."--Dr. Arthur Mace, Assistant Curator of the Metropolitan Museum.

"The interpretation of the plates displays ignorance." Dr. John Peters, Univ. of Pennsylvania, who conducted an expedition to Babylon in 1888 could find nothing but amusement in the Mormon prophet's work

"None of those, either human or divine, who helped Joseph Smith translations had any conception of the most commonplace Egyptian characters." -- Prof C.A.B. Mercer, custodian of the Hibbard collection of Egyptian reproductions at the Western Theological Seminary

"The papyrus which Joseph Smith declared to be the book of Abraham and explained in his fantastic way are parts of the well-known [Tibetan] Book of the Dead." -- Dr. Edward Meyer, University of Berlin

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

R3, R11, You need to add Asians and Hispanics to your list.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

R13 I thought the plates were never seen by anyone. How do these guys know what they contained?

I'm not arguing with your post. I think Mormons are full of shit and an evil cult.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

r13, most emphatically, NO, I am not a Mormon!

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Unlike the other plates, that Smith said he gave back to the angel, The "Pearl of the Great Price" had a source that was traceable and could be checked for accuracy from the documents.

It took 70 years to check because there was no Egyptian scholarship at the time Smith did his translation could decipher Egyptian.

All Smith did was to take these Egyptian pictures-that were brought to Smith because his family were occultists who proclaimed they could see things in their crystal ball to find treasure- and claim them as the "book of Abraham" when, in fact, they were common mortuary ritual of Egyptians.

Total fraud.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

R3 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

R18, the thing is most Mormons are totally ignorant of their own doctrine. You actually have to do the research to find this stuff out unless you are at the top of the Mormon pyramid.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Wouldn't a guillotine be more humane? Or perhaps your blood has to hit the ground before you expire for theological reasons.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

[quote]There are five categories of sin that cannot atoned for by the blood of Jesus Christ.

According to Catholicism, the idea that the blood of Jesus cannot atone for certain sins is blasphemy. The alleged inability suggests that certain sins have power over God, which is contrary to the basic tenets of Christianity.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

R19 I'm not surprised but do these Mormons not have access to the internet or are they so brainwashed that they cannot or will not believe this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

[R1] The Osmonds are from Idaho not Utah

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

No sir....

"The Osmond Brothers' career began in 1958 when Alan, Wayne, Merrill, and Jay began singing barbershop music for local audiences in and around their hometown of Ogden, Utah."

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

All Mormon doctrine is contrary to the basic tenets of Christianity. It only masks itself as Christianity when it has much more in common with Freemasonry, Occultism, and even Satanism,

They do not believe in trinity...instead, a polytheistic universe. After death, Mormons get their own planet, become God, and populate it with spirit babies, which means women are eternally pregnant.

Law of eternal progression...man can become god goes against everything Christianity teaches.

He translated the gold plates using seer stones. Very occult.

The Oath of Vengeance goes against Christianity.

Joseph Smith himself said that he is much more important than Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

I'm not a christian of any sort but Joseph Smith was full of shit and a total con artist. The fact that he got so many dumb gullible people to follow him is unbelievable to me especially women. He obviously wanted to get his hands on young virgins. Alcoholic perv is what he was.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

Yikes, R25! I didn't know any of that. There's something seriously wrong with a "Christian" sect when Scientologists seem rational by comparison.

The next sci-fi novel on my reading list is "The Book of Mormon".

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

Why was Gary Gilmore killed so soon? He committed the murders in the summer of '76 and was executed in January '77. That's only six months' time. Usually, people are on death row for years, even decades.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

It never ceases to amaze me that people really practice and cling to these violent, self-loathing religions which is all about atoning for one sins, aka being human. Having been raised in the voodooism of the Catholic Church with their varying degrees of sin, mortal sin, venial sin, etc. and sanctifying grace, actual grace yada yada yada, I can't understand why so many people think this makes them happy or it is the route to paradise. It only makes me see God, if there is one, as being the spiritual version of Hitler and Mussolini.

by Anonymousreply 2901/24/2013

The Council of Ytfif, originally called the Illuminati, was an elite secret order within the highest levels of the LDS church designed to bring about LDS rule of the U.S. Within in this group Smith was crowned king of the United States. This group later morphed into the Freeman Institute and National Center for Constitutional Studies in the 1970s, later changed to the National Center of Constitutional Studies in the 1980s, which still maintains its political agenda as best it can.

Furthermore, the oath of vengeance (or law of vengeance) is an oath that was made by participants in the Endowment ritual of the LDS Church in1845, in which participants vowed to pray that God would avenge the U.S. for the blood of the prophets Joseph Smith, Jr. and Hyrum Smith, who were assassinated in 1844 by a mob. Yes, Mitt Romney took this oath as he was once a Mormon bishop in Boston.

Can you imagine if Romney was elected. He swore an oath to destroy the US constitution. Although, that's already been done, but still.

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

The Osmonds mother, Olive was born in Idaho. Their father, George is from Wyoming. But the Osmond kids were all born in Utah, except for Jimmy who was born in California.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

[quote]Did you know the 5th floor of the Washington DC Mormon temple is an exact replica of the oval office with the same exact telemetry.

What does the "same exact telemetry" mean?

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2013

I think telemetry means wireless data communication.

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013

No, I think telemetry refers to its position on the earth. If the Oval Office is 15 degrees off of Magnetic North then so is this one.

But basically it means whatever scary shit they want it to mean. I was just reading that the telemetry of the carousel at Disneyland is exactly positioned so that the latitude and longitude and the earth's magnetic fields all converge at its center. The energy is then transmitted via the rotation of the carousel turning Fantasyland into a giant cosmic energy field (really, it's on the internet so it must be true).

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

Obviously not. The Mormons had zero knowledge of the inside of the White House.

And thanks in part to Datalounge, they still don't!

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2013

R26, ever notice most Mormons are Blond? Just sayin!

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

They also teach that Native Americans are descendants of the Jews. More cursed people, darker skin.

I think the real reason is that made it easier to slaughter them. In their eyes, doing God a favor if you go with the idea that those people are cursed invaders. Plus they acquired their property in the process.

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2013

They call the Native Americans: Lamanites

To bad DNA lineage proves them complexity wrong. Not to mention the fossil record.

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

Joseph Smith had 27 wives at the time of his death, 33, altogether. The youngest was 14. He married her when he was 37.

Disgusting pervert.

by Anonymousreply 3901/26/2013

Because the right to bear arms is our birthright!

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.