Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

They should call this I can always find something for less money elsewhere. And they never have sales above 10 per cent off. They used to ave low shipping charges -- something like $3, but now they're like a lot of other websites --free shipping on $50 orders.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Agree OP

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

[quote]They should call this

You tell 'em, Jay Leno.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

It's a strange operation. It has greedy republican ties.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Yeah I've never seen what's so cheap about it. You can usually get a better price on Amazon marketplace or Ebay.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

I bought a gorgeous oversized chair form Overstock, it arrived and I was pleased UNTIL I found out that one of the short chair legs didn't screw into the chair correctly. It was too bulky and heavy to return (and they said I had to pay return shipping) so I kept it, but I can't sit on it. It just looks nice in the living room. It's a shame, it's so comfortable if I could only just sit on it.

I haven't bought from there since.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

R5, since you're stuck with the chair, have you considered buying replacement chair legs?

I replaced my sofa's legs after I had it reupholstered because I didn't like how its original legs looked.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

Thanks R6! I just need the 6 inch legs (it's one of those comfy stuffed chairs) I think the problem is the screw bolt inside the chair isn't right because the screw leg doesn't "catch" when you try to screw it in (not the chair leg itself) but I am going to order a set to try it out.

Great site, thanks for the link!

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Did they offer you any sort of refund since your purchase (as is) cannot serve the intended purpose or use? Leg replacement is an excellent suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

I once bought a couple of box sets (80+ CDs) of Leonard Bernstein's Symphony Edition (every symphonic recording he'd made for Columbia Records) for $75 on overstock when everyone else was selling them for just under $200.

But usually when I price check, their price isn't any lower than anyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Remember that creepy German woman who was their spokesmodel?

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

r8, if I returned the product (where I paid shipping) I would get a refund for the purchase price. The chair is huge, so shipping it back would have been a huge hassle

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

OP/ R11 - I understand that part. Did they at least give you some sort of credit on the purchase? You did not pay for a defective product and should get some compensation to make your purchase "whole."

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

I'm not OP, but I got a 15% off coupon for my next purchase.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

R7, from your description, it sounds like the threads for that leg may be stripped. It could be the bolt itself.

Before you replace the legs, go to a store with a big hardware section, like Lowe's or Home Depot and tell them you've got a stripped thread. There are several products on the market that can solve that problem for you.

I used a glue called Lock-Tight on a stripped thread and after about five years it is still working.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

[quote]Leg replacement is an excellent suggestion.

Thank you, but I'm doing fine with what I have.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

Oh Heather, we all know you have a screw loose. Not necessarily in your leg either.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!