Since 1995

Gale Harold in severe decline?

Is he still working?

by Anonymousreply 19102/10/2013

He's doing better than you, liebchen.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

What about his moobs?

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

He's busy with new girlfriend, and she's busy with his moobs.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

R3. Give it a rest Hon. We know the gf is short term so don't start picking out baby names. He's never gonna commit. At the rate he going he's gonna die alone. If you read this Gale ***Man up and live your truth....if you love Randy then TELL HIM stop running from you feelings*** Wow I feel better.

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2013

He has become the poor man's Ashton Kutcher.

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2013

He's always seemed like a guy with serious issues to me.

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2013

Gale definitely has lots of issues, poor guy. Get some therapy man and come clean already.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

Let him live his life as he sees fit.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

He is kind of a bore. Even on Queer as Fold the producers went on and on about how lucky they were to get him, but then finish by saying no one else of his caliber (AKA straight actor) wanted the job.

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

I have never managed to see this woman they call his girlfriend.I saw a Danielle Monet or something who is in her early 20's, dont think it was her..Anyone got a photo or something to look at??

by Anonymousreply 1201/29/2013

Can someone PLEASE help me. I cannot access intagram. Can someone please paste the pictures of danille and gale everyone is talking about. Also does this woman have a twitter account??? I have soooo little info on Gale :(

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

Gale has moobs? where is the pic??

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

How is it that his two stalwart fans are able to keep posts going on this site? Gale hasn't worked in a year and doesn't appear to have anything lined up.

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

Sorry for you, Gale Harold will always been news. Whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

Severe decline? Compared to what? Whom? I agree, Gale will always be of interest to many. After all, QAF was nothing without him.

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

Most people have no clue what he is really up to, yet he is judged because he is not on the big screen or our TV's every night. Mr Harold's had more success than 99% of the trolls on here... he is knock down gorgeous, does not have to sit 9-5 like most of us and whether he sleeps with boys or girls is irrelevant. People make me laugh, that he is in love with Randy..who knows what happened years ago.. but at some point, we want to be who we are..I dont think Mr Harold is too worried about what you or I think that he would spend 10 years hiding, if he really wanted to be with a particular person. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

He's not a has-been. To those who still insist he hasn't done any kind of work in the last year, get yourselves informed.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

Can you tell me where to get informed or a good source of info? I really battle! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

You call what he has been doing substantial and quality work. Apparently the expectations of Mr. Harold have hit an all time low.

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

His connection to Sundance is not the low point of his career.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

[quote]If you read this Gale ***Man up and live your truth....if you love Randy then TELL HIM stop running from you feelings***

The Gale Gulrz really are the WORST.

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

It wasn't his work that won the award, he was just lucky enough to participate in the table read, come on people get your info correct. And many many actors go to Sundance trying to drum up work, it doesn't mean his career is in a upswing because he happens to attend.

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

The director' lab is by invitation only. So its not like hoards of unemployed actors go to the Sundance Institute.

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2013

He still didn't win any awards at Sundance though - the director whose short film he was in won the award. However hard you dress it up R26, he's not a great or hugely successful actor who can pick and choose his roles. if he was, he certainly wouldn't be choosing to do Hellcats or the Secret Circle, both of which are likely career suicide, if indeed he has a career to kill. Maybe it's time to go back to fixing motorcycles.

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2013

[quote]However hard you dress it up [R26], he's not a great or hugely successful actor who can pick and choose his roles.

You just described what it's like for 99% of all actors in LA.

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2013

Correct but for some reason the Sundance Institute picked Gale to participate in their Director' lab last year. And most highly acclaimed tv actors don't have multiple successful tv shows. It takes them years to find another successful vehicle and those actors are rare from a bygone era like Carol Burnett, Dick Van Dyke and Sherman Hemsley. And I can't think of a dramatic actor who has had multiple successful dramatic tv roles except for Juliannna Marguiles. And she was not the star of her first successful series ER. I guess you can add Tom Selleck but I don't think his second show is all that great but the series has been renewed.

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2013

Many A listers own Ducati's, he could definitely go back to working on them and make a living.

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2013

Gale seems to be making enough of a living right now to afford him to still travel a lot and spend time at resorts whether its Sundance or a gay resort in Palm Springs. I wouldn't worry about his bank account.

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2013

When did this become a site for feuding fangirls?

by Anonymousreply 3201/30/2013

"...he is knock down gorgeous..." Wouldn't kick him out of bed but then I find that drugged out, unwashed look hot.

by Anonymousreply 3301/30/2013

I would like to see what you look like at 44. He has more sex appeal than most men we see.

by Anonymousreply 3401/30/2013

Can't beleive people still have so much to say about his career. He kept people glued to the TV in QAF for many years, hence why it went on for so long.. but clearly that is not enough. Lots of big-mouthed people here.. no awards at sundance blah blah blah.. the man has achieved more than so many yet its not good enough for you??? He looks scruffy, he is old and his career in a dive? Yet he made tens of thousands of people swoon... he is aging like HUMANs normally do...its nice to sit back and judge people while you look like a dog and have no life. You won't kick Gale out your bed because you like the drugged look??? I doubt he would be in your bed, even if you were the last person on earth.

by Anonymousreply 3501/30/2013

For such a has-been, he still gets people talking.. I agree, the man is incredibly sexy. Very talented. He had my total undivided attention in QAF.. and even now I would most certainly tune into anything he is in.

by Anonymousreply 3601/30/2013

"He's not a has-been."

True, r20. He's a never- was.

by Anonymousreply 3701/30/2013

best you check your facts. He changed many lives. What have you done lately?

by Anonymousreply 3801/30/2013

He got himself a new recurring part on a show on SyFy. He did a short film in November. He belongs to the Sundance crowd. Doesn't sound unsuccessful to me. Sorry.

Lots of posts about his supposed use of drugs etc. How come? Due to two grainy pics on FB? Dish please.

by Anonymousreply 3901/30/2013

He can age another 10 years. Gale is one of a kind. The man is decadently hawt!

by Anonymousreply 4001/30/2013

R39 where do you get your info?

by Anonymousreply 4101/30/2013

Yet he isn't being offered any roles?

by Anonymousreply 4201/30/2013

Last show of merit was over a decade ago. A few minor roles here and there like 90% of actors. Just a thought, who paid for the expensive resort? Love the assumption that it was him.

by Anonymousreply 4301/30/2013

what expensive resort?

by Anonymousreply 4401/30/2013

That would be the gay resort his latest lover took him to

by Anonymousreply 4501/30/2013

Proud of you, Gale

by Anonymousreply 4601/30/2013

R41 His new job is supposedly announced on the Rise'n'Shine LA homepage. Info is from his agent according to the con peeps.

The short film was announced and linked to somewhere on LJ. Sorry, no link saved, but I saw some pics.

by Anonymousreply 4701/30/2013

Definitely fan girls that make him out to be a golden God. He was Hot in QAF and he still looks good for his age, but in those recent pics with that woman, he looks like he partied a little too hard. I just hope he doesn't get himself into a situation he cannot get out of, personally or professionally.

by Anonymousreply 4801/30/2013

And straight women wonder why DL hates them.

by Anonymousreply 4901/30/2013

Not all of us are straight.

by Anonymousreply 5001/30/2013

This shit is worse than the Mariska Hargitay clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 5101/30/2013

R51 chuckling

by Anonymousreply 5201/30/2013

Yeah partied too hard, compared to what? The rest of Hollywood who are 63 but look 29 and a half. Gale looks real. No filters.

by Anonymousreply 5301/31/2013

" I just hope he doesn't get himself into a situation he cannot get out of, personally or professionally " I think Gale appreciates your concern. Not. He is not 5.

by Anonymousreply 5401/31/2013

Who is DL??

by Anonymousreply 5501/31/2013

[54],[55]: DL - Data Lounge! Same site that has allowed this pointless thread. Same site that will see this thread close and then open up again. To the harpies who are defending his new toked up look; he does not look better than actors half his age and no I'm not fat, ugly or old. He was hot in QAF but his acting range was limited. Not unlike many actors who also don't get offered prime time roles.

by Anonymousreply 5601/31/2013

What we say here influences casting

by Anonymousreply 5701/31/2013

Thank the good Lord your opinion is your own. This thread is exactly what some people want, whether you like it or not. Go comment elsewhere if you are so bored with the topic. Gale Harold is far more attractive than many half his age. A few photographys does not define anyone..good or bad. Seriously. So many words to say about Gale. You say you not old, fat or ugly. You are certainly lack intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2013

Acting range is limited?? R56.. and you are the expert on this how?? As a straight male, I think Gale Harold has massive talent. Saw him in The Unseen... Brilliant. On looks alone if I was gay, he would be my first choice.

by Anonymousreply 5901/31/2013

DL hates straight woman? What Crap. Besides, we wear our clothes way better than any woman-wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 6001/31/2013

I wanna see him on the BIG SCREEN! I think he would have been PERFECT for Abraham Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 6101/31/2013

R45.. any info on what resort and when?

by Anonymousreply 6201/31/2013

the boy certainly keeps a low profile.. and only he will know why. Irrespective, no matter what he is cast in, people will flock. Even just to see that stunning face. He is a very good actor and given the opportunity, he will blow it out the water.. just like QAF. He was the star in that, no matter what you say. Kept it going for 5 years.. imagine giving him a part.. yeah like Abraham Lincoln. Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 6301/31/2013

@ R62 he and his new girlfriend went to a gay friendly resort a couple of months ago. 13 palms or something, in Palm Springs. It was discussed in the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 6401/31/2013

I would say that it was both he and Randy that made QAF a success. Without their smoking hot chemistry, I seriously doubt people would still be writing fan fic about their characters 11 years later.

by Anonymousreply 6501/31/2013

Phoenixrising you are NOT wanted here!

by Anonymousreply 6601/31/2013

[quote]Irrespective, no matter what he is cast in, people will flock.

People have never flocked to anything he has appeared in. Why do you think they would start now?

by Anonymousreply 6701/31/2013

He's just a hasbeen. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 6801/31/2013

And not surprisingly, the thread dies.

by Anonymousreply 7001/31/2013

The thread isn't dead.

by Anonymousreply 7102/01/2013

R69 I never asked for you. I am not delusional. You are.

by Anonymousreply 7202/01/2013

Emelwho, who are you? The old man who sounds more like a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 7302/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 7502/01/2013

As opposed to this picture...

by Anonymousreply 7602/01/2013

First link: Hottie groping another (?drunk) hottie. Nothing wrong with that. Link Two: Sad (shaking head.

by Anonymousreply 7702/02/2013

I love that pic of Gale and Peter!

As for the pic of Danielle kissing 'her love' she looks more into it than Gale but that could be because Gale is stoned so..

by Anonymousreply 7802/02/2013

R76 And you really had to post that link right after the first link. The first link was posted to be discussed independently as an item or topic and not compared to yours.

by Anonymousreply 7902/02/2013

People can't choose to discuss what they want to. They have to be led to the water like cows?

by Anonymousreply 8002/02/2013

Because, PR, when someone posts something, you have to bring the topic back to you. That's why you posted that second picture, get it? When we could wait for someone to post something, you always have to post something else.

by Anonymousreply 8102/02/2013

The topic is Gale. And I really must have so much power that I know when to post right after someone posts a photo of Gale. And you are so such a simpleton scary cat. How's the cheetos in that dreary basement.

And it doesn't make you look smarter that you highlight the post Emelwhy- It makes you creepy. I don't understand why a crib creeper likes Randy so much?

by Anonymousreply 8202/02/2013

R81 is Lilacwine. I always mistake you for Emelwhy and you are supposed to be a female. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 8302/02/2013

81 Is not lilacwine. Not elmelwhy either. You ARE delusional. You do not know me but I know you. Just keep an eye on Gale these days. Big announcement. You'll see. I just hope you don't post it before I do. Give it ten days. And by the way, I am not SUPPOSED to be a female. That's double speak. Now I'm off to Bahamas with "somebody". Nod and smile.

by Anonymousreply 8402/02/2013

What big announcement? He knocked her up already? Are they getting married? Please, do say.

by Anonymousreply 8502/02/2013

Is he finally coming out of the closet as bi??

by Anonymousreply 8602/02/2013

No, 86, pigs haven't started flying yet. He is still trying to present like the King of Pussy, but his selection is obviously more limited these days.

by Anonymousreply 8702/02/2013

r84 are you the one who posted on the other Gale thread that he's Gender Fluid? I'd never heard that term before and thought it was interesting. Is that what this big announcement is all about?

by Anonymousreply 8802/02/2013

Is he not going to Bilbao?

by Anonymousreply 8902/02/2013

R84 Lilawane you protest too much and take offense to heartily at the supposed double speak. And why do we care about your travel plans. I only cared about what other QAF boards you were on just prior to your post about me. That is why I know its you Ms. Lilacwine.

I wonder what the big news is? Either Gale isn't going to the convention next month, he has a good acting job coming up or he is coming out. I hope it's not the first, hope its the second but have a feeling its the third.

I think he has had enough of bearding and Danielle' recycling.

by Anonymousreply 9002/02/2013

If only he came out already! Please, let it be this!!!

by Anonymousreply 9102/02/2013

Why is everyone assuming R84 has anything to do with GH at all? On DL? Come on!

by Anonymousreply 9202/02/2013

Totally agree R92 - it's all bullshit. If R84 had anything to say he'd say it now. It's absolute bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 9302/02/2013

I just barely know who this guy is ... anyone else who Just Doesn't Care around?

by Anonymousreply 9402/02/2013

I am also sick of people bullshiting us with big announcements that never happen, someone tell me when this Dani the tranny shit is over and then I will consider caring about what he is doing.

by Anonymousreply 9502/02/2013

R84 we should say it already. He got married in December.

by Anonymousreply 9602/02/2013

I don't suppose you have any proof of him getting married, r96?

by Anonymousreply 9702/02/2013

Oh good god - why is everyone falling for this bullshit? Do we really believe that he married Dani the Tranny after a couple of months of dating? He was with Yara 6 years and no wedding ring. If he really has done this and I seriously doubt it, then the thread should be re-named Gale Harold in severe insanity.

by Anonymousreply 9802/02/2013

Do you think is true everything posted here? I really wouldn't mind if he got married or not as long as he is happy, but I don't trust this people who claim to have this information.

by Anonymousreply 9902/02/2013

Get married, don't get married, come out, don't come out. Don't give a shit. Photo with Paige said it all. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 10002/02/2013

[86] True. 44 in a few months, thin, not looking great and not working? Hardly a catch and can't afford to be fussy now. Other than crazy fangurls, line-up for wife (beard) is getting smaller every day.

by Anonymousreply 10102/02/2013

I can believe this.

Does that mean Danielle's ofical title is now Danielle Monet Saklofsky Harold?

by Anonymousreply 10202/02/2013

I believe it too. Problem is that it won't lead to work offers. However, he needs somewhere to live.

by Anonymousreply 10302/02/2013

I can't even tell the difference between the trolls and the crazies on this thread. For the crazies, I read a theory about people who are fixated on low-level celebrities; they seem to think that the object of their fixation is more accessible to them (than, say, an A or even B-lister) and that's part of the appeal. They also imagine that liking someone who isn't terribly well-known makes them special and they delude themselves that they have special insight into this person's life.

by Anonymousreply 10402/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 10502/03/2013

GH has passed his zenith as an actor IMO. He is not a very versatile actor and uneven in performance, presence and intensity and he's not getting younger in a very youth obsessed movieworld. 99% of his fans come from QAF and that was 7 years ago. The other actors milk their QAF-fame as much as they can, and why not? [R104] hit the nail on the head about some of his fans. Most are normal, but some are real loonies and give off Marc Chapman wibes. GH needs his fans, at the same time it's understandable that he keeps them at a distance and hates divulging personal information. They are after all complete strangers and some of them spread malicious rumors and are passive-agressive.

by Anonymousreply 10602/03/2013

How many times people have said Gale was married in the past 10 years? Well, Gale must be on his way to becoming a polygamist. I bet he could get a reality tv series then.

by Anonymousreply 10702/03/2013

Get the tissues out in Bilbao.

by Anonymousreply 10802/04/2013

R108 ?

by Anonymousreply 10902/04/2013

Please let it be true.

by Anonymousreply 11002/04/2013

I am confused, so is he not going to the convention? Or is he announcing his marriage?

by Anonymousreply 11102/04/2013

I'm confused too, r111. Maybe he's going to announce that he got married while at the convention?

by Anonymousreply 11202/04/2013

Grasping at straws....

by Anonymousreply 11302/04/2013

Why do Gale Harold threads always read like an ESL class from the Learning Annex decided to work together on an internet prank?

by Anonymousreply 11402/04/2013

R114 Because it is.

by Anonymousreply 11502/04/2013

If gale did get married why the fuck would he announce it to fans? this is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 11602/04/2013

You are all delusionale!

by Anonymousreply 11702/05/2013

R112 and R116 - I don't think he would verbally announce anything to fans, it would be the presence of a wedding ring that would say it all.

by Anonymousreply 11802/05/2013

My god, is everybody here nuts? If I say that Gale is married and he is going to have a son named Randy and in a few months he will divorce and become a comitted couple with Randy Harrison and they will raise little Randy and be happy forever, will people here in datalounge belive me? People can say here all kind of things but it doesn't mean everything is true.

by Anonymousreply 11902/05/2013

Je suis d'accord, R117!

by Anonymousreply 12002/05/2013

Lighten up R119, we're only having a little fun in an otherwise boring Gale world.

by Anonymousreply 12102/05/2013

Still waiting for the big scoop

by Anonymousreply 12202/07/2013

There was never a big scoop. Where people actually waiting for something....

by Anonymousreply 12302/07/2013

Well, Yara got married on The Lying that the scoop?!!

And the lovely Danielle has posted another pic of herself on facebook...

by Anonymousreply 12402/08/2013

She, like several million other FB Users, can post photos of herself. Not understanding why this is offensive to you. If you don't like her photos, just stop stalking her FB.

by Anonymousreply 12502/08/2013

I understand he flew down to Jupiter, Florida for discreet negotiations with The Burt Reynolds Institute for Film & Theatre (formerly The Burt Reynolds Dinner Theater and The Backstage Restaurant.)

by Anonymousreply 12702/08/2013

I am in total stitches. Seriously. Most have such big mouths and opinions.. I think Gale must sit and cry with laughter if he ever did read this crap.. but somehow I think he has better things to do.

by Anonymousreply 12802/08/2013

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that he is so damn private. I just wish there were more pap pics.. Surely the guy runs? Drinks coffee? Does any one know where he lives now?

by Anonymousreply 12902/08/2013

what a stupid statement. Most of his fans are from QAF days. Like hello.. its the first thing he was in!!! And the show rans for 5 years. What an ass you are.

by Anonymousreply 13002/08/2013

I would die if he married that woman. Not for any other reason, than he could do 10000% better.

by Anonymousreply 13102/08/2013

R104, ever thought that perhaps Gale is just liked for his talent. And we don't give a shit if he is a A, B, C lister or even gargles mouth wash? Not every one has to be put on a pedistal to change someones life.

by Anonymousreply 13202/08/2013

the man has been in nothing good since QAF. I mean by that, nothing to put him a cut about the rest.. most people say "who'? I like Gale alot, think he is very talented.. but perhaps luck has not been in his favour. I believe he is a very complex person.. is not every ones fav to star with.. maybe that has something to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 13302/08/2013

That rumour has been going around for a while I think.

by Anonymousreply 13402/08/2013

Someone mentioned Abraham Lincoln. Gale would have been great for that part.

by Anonymousreply 13502/08/2013

As what? The wife?

by Anonymousreply 13602/08/2013

Justin and Brian rocked back then... I loved how they were, I have not seen anything like it since.. and I am a straight guy!

by Anonymousreply 13702/08/2013

I liked the Unseen... he was totally different there.. but his co workers were crap and brought that movie down to a c list. Gale needs to be with known actors.. not the off cuts of QAF

by Anonymousreply 13802/08/2013

R136... unless Gale has a vagina? Don't be childish.

by Anonymousreply 13902/08/2013

Why does everyone say Danielle is his beard?? Is a fucking long time to have a beard. Do you really think he has the energy to continue if its true... there are many successful gay actors.. why would he have to hide?

by Anonymousreply 14002/08/2013

I dont think its because he played a gay role in QAF. I think its because he played it SO well.

by Anonymousreply 14102/08/2013

He played it so well he convinced half the world he is gay...

by Anonymousreply 14202/08/2013

She is a beard

by Anonymousreply 14302/08/2013

Ok, but why? Makes NO sense for him to hide this. He has no-one to answer to except himself.. so why hide that.

by Anonymousreply 14402/08/2013

but why? Because he played the role and has a girlfriend 10 years later?

by Anonymousreply 14602/08/2013

If he never played that role in QAF, but rather the straight dude that worked at the coffee shop and had an affair with Daphne.. would people still think he is bi sexual today?

by Anonymousreply 14702/08/2013

QAF made the general public believe he was gay because NO ONE can act like that and be so comfortable with the part unless you are gay or bi. The insiders might know more but the majority of us base our assumption that he is gay or bi...because he is not married, 44, no kids, no real girlfriend...very little to troll on his private life but also consider, no boyfriend, ever.. that we know of and if you are a gay man, how long are you going to allow your bf to keep you a secret????

by Anonymousreply 14802/08/2013

Oh wow! All the posts from R128 to R147, except R145 are the same poster. Are you ok R128 through R147? Want to go to 600 posts all by yourself?

by Anonymousreply 15002/08/2013

Most people are bi anyway.. maybe he can sleep with both but prefers long term with woman?

by Anonymousreply 15102/08/2013

R135 is the most fucking delusional thing I've read on this thread. I understand being a fan an all, but do you seriously believe Gale Harold is capable of giving a performance anywhere near the level of Daniel Day Lewis?

by Anonymousreply 15202/08/2013

What a massive observation...

by Anonymousreply 15302/08/2013

R150 needs life... who cares who wrote what. and R152, better than Daniel Day Lewis? You have to ask??? No one knew he would be naked in QAF, but he certainly had my attention. Not for the great ass but he is a talented man!! DHW was crap but I tell you one thing.. there are many who remember him only from Susans bf... I agree with R148 and the rest of the posts... we assume so much.

by Anonymousreply 15602/08/2013

R155. only really famous people can lie about their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 15702/08/2013

I can see Gale as Abraham Lincoln, slaying all the vampires...... :) I think he would have been very good actually... What has Daniel Day got to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 15802/08/2013

R159 is clearly an expert on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 16002/08/2013

R160 Yes, clearly. Especially the gay detector. Using the age,lack of kids blah blah is definately less likely than because he is a commitment-phobe. Being unmarried is because you have commitment issues. That solves it all.

by Anonymousreply 16102/08/2013

Gale is definitely a closet case, anyone that knows what really happened between him and Randy during QAF knows this. The thing I don't get is that now that his career is toast isn't it time to start opening the closet door?

by Anonymousreply 16202/08/2013

He still owns the house on Arbolada Road so he might live there. Unless of course he's rented it out and got a place somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 16402/08/2013

I didn't reveal any secrets, a simple google search will tell anyone what they want to know. Property records are public.

by Anonymousreply 16602/08/2013

It's wrong to "reveal" something that's easily obtainable public information?

Get a grip. Gale Harold doesn't need you to defend him. He's a big boy.

by Anonymousreply 16802/08/2013

Gale isn't afraid of commitment. He was supposedly in a relationship with Yara. George Clooney is afraid of commitment. He is in his 50's, no kids but he trades in girlfriends every 3 to 4 years like getting a new car. Now that is a man with commitment issues. But even George dabbled in marriage once.

The extreme and I mean extreme privacy that Gale institutes for himself indicates that he is hiding something about himself. Its interesting that all of the films he has been in relates to characters that are also hiding part of themselves.

To be an actor in Hollywood- you are the product and you have to showcase the product whether on tv talk shows or in publicity pictures to generate interest.

Daniel Craig was an actor that for along time rejected the Hollywood social part of show business. He is still private about his love life. But after accepting the role of James Bond- I've seen him on plenty of tv talk shows, SNL, and his ass was front and center at he Golden Globes this year and he wasn't nominated for anything nor was his wife.

So actors have to play the social game to gain any traction or attention of the powers that be. Gale has refused that. And I believe that is because he is conflicted with wanting to act and maintaining his anonymity. And for an actor anonymity is the kiss of death.

There is something Gale is hiding because he puts too much effort in being so private. And I agree with the other posters-he was too comfortable to in the role of Brian Kinney to be straight. Gale is at least bisexual.

Plus, I never seen him on screen with as much sexual chemistry with a female as he had with Randy. When there is smoke there is fire.

by Anonymousreply 17002/08/2013

Which part of "it was already public knowledge" is so hard to grasp?

This is a gossip site, not The Gale Harold Appreciation and Protection Society.

by Anonymousreply 17102/08/2013

Whether or not information about Gale or any other person's home is public knowledge is not the issue. You are defensive because you know it was shitty and you had no need to bring it up again.

I am not a member of any spurious society but I will always defend a human being's right to privacy.

by Anonymousreply 17202/08/2013

R172 - please get off soap box - we don't give a fuck where you live. Gale's address was broadcast on the web a few years back when he was selling his house. The street where he lives including his house has been on several fansites since. It's not a big deal. He's C list, you can probably get his address from a phone book.

by Anonymousreply 17302/08/2013

Reasoned arguments always resonate. Alas, you missed that opportunity.

I am not on a soapbox or reducing myself to swearing at a stranger on the internet.

You do sound as though you have some severe anger issues. I hope you can find some help/resolution for them to gain peace.

by Anonymousreply 17402/08/2013

The two posters who said that GH would have made a great Lincoln are delusional. Couldn't you have gone for something a little less taxing. Daniel Day Lewis is one of the best actors in the world. GH is a very long way off that. He was good in qaf (with some no so good moments) but he does not even begin to possess the subtlety of a DDL.

So many think ok acting + beauty = great acting. It doesn't.

I'm one of those who believes GH is probably bi based on his acting in qaf alone. He was a natural in the sex scenes from the get go. Outclassing all of the hetero actors on the show, yet he did not outclassed the other actors in non-sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 17502/08/2013

R175 I agree with most of your post except for the outclassing of fellow QAF actors. Gale has a great subtlety with his eye and hand movements. But he isn't in the class of a Daniel Day Lewis. Yet, Gale does belong on the big screen. The only other actor on QAF that was on par or greater in his acting ability was Robert Gant. Interestingly, I always felt that Gale lack the machismo in fight scenes- for example when he was supposed to hit his father or when Justin' dad jumped him. I thought Brian was supposed to be an Alpha gay male but in those testosterone acting scenes he was very lacking in his manliness. But he was quite good in his anger/fight scenes with Justin. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 17602/08/2013

R176 I agree that GH could be on the big screen but probably most of the other qaf actors could be too (why hasn't Sharon Glessner been in a big Hollywood movie by now?), at least in supporting roles.

GH was an ideal Brian Kinney but he's not been particularly convincing in anything else I've seen him in. His acting range seems to be limited however if the right vehicle was found for him he could be good again.

I don't agree that he and Robert Grant stood out. Aside from SG, Randy Harrison was good in the earlier seasons. Most of the qaf actors had their moments. I'm surprised that not a single one of them has gone onto bigger things and assume a lot of it is due to good old homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 17702/08/2013

Gale apparently feels much more comfortable around gay men, interesting and unusual for most straight men.

by Anonymousreply 17902/08/2013

[quote]Randy Harrison was good the first two season of QAF but then came across as whiny and petulant. Maybe the longed rumored affair that broke off after season 2 effected his acting ability.

No not that rumour. How about the rumour that he and the producer/writers didn't get on? RH trashed their writing publicly and privately and they punished him for it. That is sure to put you off your game acting-wise, though I think RH did at least an OK job even later in the series when his heart definitely wasn't in it.

As for "whiny and petulant" - I don't know what you mean exactly but if that's how you perceive the character, it doesn't follow that therefore the actor did a bad job. All of the characters could be those things, just as in real life, but surely the Michael character was the king of those attributes in qaf, but I wouldn't say Hal was a bad actor just because his character was an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 18002/09/2013

Randy has never been a TV actor, but I do think if he wasn't a good actor Gale wouldn't have appeared as good as he did on QAF. Same goes for Scott. But if you have seen Randy on stage, he is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 18102/09/2013

Stage-wise Randy has almost always received good to glowing reviews as far as I know. Gale received bad reviews for his first Tennessee Williams play and goodish reviews for the second TW play he was in LA. (Ruppert Everett did say once that LA was the graveyard for Stage actors or something, so maybe good reviews in LA isn't that impressive).

I think RH was very good in QAF, especially in the first 2-3 seasons. His Justin character gets overshadowed by the Brian Kinney one though, plus of course there are many more BK scenes than there are JT ones.

I suspect RH is the better actor, however GH's classic looks and good height are always going to make it easier for him to get TV/movie roles (leaving aside the whole homophobic producers/casting people issue which probably affects G almost as much as it does R).

by Anonymousreply 18202/09/2013

He's in New York -

Gale Harold spotted at Bulgari Celebrates Icons Of Style: The Serpenti during Fall, 2013 Fashion Week at Bulgari Fifth Avenue in New York City. (Saturday Feb. 9th, 2013)

by Anonymousreply 18302/10/2013

Stage and film acting are two very different and distinct skill sets. Some actors are great in both mediums but most aren't. I don't think Randy is a better actor per se than Gale. On stage-Randy is definitely better but on screen it is Gale' domain. Brian Kinney is the iconic role on QAF not Justin Taylor. Gale carried the series for the whole five years and was in every show whereas Randy was missing in action in the early part of season 3. What ever scene Gale was in- all audience eyes were on him whether he was in the fore ground or background of the scene. Many of the scenes were dependent on Gale' reaction not the action done by the other actors.

And even when Gale was in the background, everyone looked to see what Brian was doing. What was he toying with- whether he arched his eyebrows or not. Another thing- Gale made Brian look so naturally human on screen. He was the only actor beside Sharon who could be making a monologue and doing some other things like multitasking which all humans do.

For instance, Brian could be on the phone with a client, rolling his eyes at something Cynthia said and pinching his new shoes because they were too tight. Those little details express more about Brian' character than all the words he said. As opposed to Randy when he was waiting a table at the diner- he was totally absorbed in soley taking the order and not like normal waiters who may glance at other waiters passing by or look at the entrance when a new customer walks in or check to see while taking the orders to see if his other table' orders were up. All those little details humanizes a character and makes them indelible. All the other actors were doing specific things

In addition, Justin bashing was about Brian' reaction. Justin was the tool. And through out that story arc the only great memorable scene Randy had was his smile before being bashed. Everything else during that storyline that made the storyline unforgettable was Gale/Brian' words and reaction. And even though Randy did great work in season 1-3 I always had a little aside about how after the bashing Justin had a gimp hand but Randy acted as though his whole arm was useless.

Let me get off of my acting class manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 18402/10/2013

I don't like comparing one QAF actor to another. They all had their strengths, but I agree GH has charisma to spare. You can't learn that. You either have it or you don't.

by Anonymousreply 18502/10/2013

R184 you forgot to write IMO.

The Brian character is the most charismatic character in qaf and GH was very well suited to that role, but it does not automatically follow that GH carried the whole show or that he was the best actor or that no other characters mattered or that every single viewer was rivetted by only Gale even when he was merely in the background. That is only your perception, and not one shared by every person who watched qaf.

You clearly only have eyes for Gale because Randy was in a lot of scenes at the beginning of S3. It's the end of S4 when Randy becomes invisible (after slugging it out with the producers they hardly gave him any lines).

Someone playing a waiter is meant to look at other waiters even though they're totally incidental? That's garbage. Have you heard of the concept of less is more? It applies to acting and direction too.

by Anonymousreply 18602/10/2013

[Quote] Randy acted as though his whole arm was injured.

Wrong. The character was psychologically as well as physically damaged. He was being overprotective of his arm when he felt vulnerable.

You are blinded by Gale's beauty. If you ever watch qaf again try paying attention to the other characters some time.

by Anonymousreply 18702/10/2013

R186 Name one episode that Gale/Brian was not in. Gale carried the series. And just because a character is dynamic doesn't mean that its a given that the actor will be successful in it. For instance George Clooney almost killed the Batman movies but Christian Bale bought resurrected the character by breathing new life.

And acting is about representing humans naturally. Most humans do not at any given moment give undivided attention to any situation unless it is a crisis situation or a heighten emotional situation. And actors strive so hard to reach that norm.

by Anonymousreply 18802/10/2013

I think all of the characters were in all of the scenes, but I know what you mean. Brian and Michael were supposed to be the two main characters however Brian ended up totally overshadowing Michael, however I was always interested in all of the characters. There is something off about thinking that a major character getting bashed is not a story about that character. It indicates a total lack of empathy. It was clearly a story about both Justin and Brian. Your take is pretty superficial.

About your example of JT's waiting. Surely Randy had to follow the script and obey the director. I mean he can't make an aside to another waiter if no other waiter exists and the words aren't in the script. Other than that, a drama is not like real life. You usually only see the more dramatic bits. I believe Cowlip did include lots of incidental stuff but you can't have too much otherwise it ends up overwhelming the main narrative.

by Anonymousreply 18902/10/2013

R187 Not blinded by Gale' beauty even though he is beautiful. I was blinded by Brian Kinney. I can imagine him as a real person living among us. I had that same feeling in watching Marlon Brando in Streetcar Name Desire. There are Stanley' living in the world.

That is what acting is about to make characters into living beings.

Most directors encourage actors to add some details. If you actually seen a script- it is usually very bare bones: ie. Actors stands. It's up to the actor especially in a tv series to make a lot of the minute details and discuss with the directors.

Dirctors on tv don't have the time to work with the actors as closely as film directors.

As I said I thought Robert Gant was equally as good as Gale. Scott Lowell/Peter Paige were perfect comedic foils.

Randy was ok and Hal was ok. I also notice that when Justin and Mikey were only in a scene; the scene usually had no lift- as if they were the mirror image of each other but Justin had an inner wise light that Mikey didn't have.

by Anonymousreply 19002/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!