Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is Hillary Clinton wearing glasses instead of her blue contact lenses?

Her eyes are brown when she wears her glasses.

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013

Doesn't anybody think it's odd that a senior citizen wears colored lenses?

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

No. It makes them easier to see, ESPECIALLY for older folks.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Doesn't she realize ex-presidents seldom make passes at secretaries of state who wear glasses?

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Those lenses are strange. They seem quite thick with a concave section in the middle, tinted. I wonder if it has anything to do with her recent concussion?

Vision problems are quite common after head injuries, even mild concussions.

I'm worried about Hillary. Some of those fucks questioning her are insulting and abusive.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Could she be having side effects from the concussion that are exacerbated by contact lenses? I know that bright lights are to be avoided during the healing period.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

Glasses are in...Andy Cohen is wearing them too

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

"Her eyes are brown when she wears her glasses."

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Linky stinky.

Let's try this again. Her eyes are clearly blue.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Partly her health and partly her own lack of vanity. I think she's tried and doesn't five a shit anymore about looking perfect all the time.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

[quote]Glasses are in...Andy Cohen is wearing them too

Then they're out.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

[quote]Those lenses are strange. They seem quite thick with a concave section in the middle, tinted. I wonder if it has anything to do with her recent concussion

She has always worn big-ass thick glasses.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

A cardiologist interviewed on radio said based on the symptoms Hillary had mini stroke which TPTB wouldn't want reported.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

I love them. I think she looks younger and hipper, and generally more dynamic with them on.

Besides, now she can do that little head drop and give withering looks over the top of them.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

[quote] Doesn't anybody think it's odd that a senior citizen wears colored lenses

Roger Daltrey, Ringo Starr, Bono, Elton John and Jack Nicholson are a few seniors who wear colored lenses. I

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Ozzy Osbourne, Yoko Ono and Johnny Depp are seniors in colored lenses..

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

It's not at all odd that a senior would wear colored contact lenses. As someone upthread said, they're much easier to see. Seniors often have vision problems that glasses can't correct.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Diane Keaton wears colored lenses a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

[quote] A cardiologist interviewed on radio said based on the symptoms Hillary had mini stroke which TPTB wouldn't want reported.

What symptoms?

Seriously... She fell down. That's the only "symptom" we've ever heard. She fell down. The explanation given was that she passed out from being dehydrated after a stomach virus and that she had a concussion. Then we heard she was admitted to the hospital because doctors suspected she had a blood clot and she did have a blood clot.

What "symptoms" other than falling down did this cardiologist hear about?

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

A lotif celebrities are wearing tinted lenses at events where they have a lot of photos taken. It helps with the lights. I'm sure Hillary's under a few lights. And yes, it could be due to mild photophobia from a head injury.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

I loved the green dress she wore yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

r18, her fall was the result of a TMI. We were told what sounded plausible without them being accused of lying. If Hillary suffers another "episode" remember that cardiologist's observation.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

What's a TMI?

It sounds like she had a vaso-vagal reaction which is a reaction to stress and dehydration among other things. Veins that are supposed to be constricted to maintain blood pressure suddenly relax, leading to a loss of blood from the brain, light headedness, and fainting. I've had some experience with these, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

r21: Do you mean TIA (transient ischemic attack)? People call those mini-strokes. But there are a lot of other reasons why Hillary might have fainted.

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

R22, thanks for that. I've experienced near-fainting spells for about a year. I haven't actually fainted but I get very light-headed, to the point where I have to hang onto whatever is available in order to not fall over. This lasts about about 4-5 seconds. Within a minute I'm fine and do not have any lingering effects. This happens about 2-3 times a month.

I'm afraid one of these days it's going to happen while I'm crossing the street, driving or cycling. Though after reading up on vaso-vagal reaction on Wikipedia, it seems it happens due to sudden relaxation. Hopefully the mentioned activities will be active enough so an episode won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

r24: Also look up orthostatic hypotension. I had that for a while. Turned out to be related to medication I was taking for blood pressure. Went away when I switched meds.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

Well, the glasses look like she's pretty severely nearsighted, probably with some significant astigmatism.

Just like millions of other people.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

I really liked listening to Hillary tell off that Senator. "What's the difference!!" She's a class act. I don't think she cares about vanity anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

I love them on her!

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

[quote]her fall was the result of a TMI.

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2013

Here's the explanation for the glasses

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2013

She has double vision. It msy last a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

[quote] 2/3 of me thinks it's to garner sympathy.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

R20, Hillary does not wear dresses. It was a green jacket with pants.

The only time she wears dresses is at special galas and balls, and her daughter's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

From R31 link

"The thick glasses Hillary Clinton has been wearing in public since returning from a concussion and blood clot last month are the result of lingering effects of her health problems, a Clinton aide confirms. "She'll be wearing these glasses instead of her contacts for a period of time because of lingering issues stemming from her concussion," said spokesman Philippe Reines. "With them on she sees just fine."

Question asked and answered. Thread should be closed but Dl repugs are like a dog with a bone about Hilary and Benghazi .

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2013

Hillary may have had a TIA - which is a mini-stroke.

The glasses would make sense in the aftermath of a TIA - mini stroke.

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2013

I had a serious concussion but my eye sight wasn't affected except for immediately after. I know adding the bloodclot complicated her situation, but I still sense we are not getting the full story.

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2013

I thought I saw her left eye maybe drooping a little bit behind the glasses which could be indicative of a TIA - mini stroke.

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

I think she had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2013

relevant or a repost ... who cares?

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!