Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Aretha Franklin's 6 1/2 minute rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" at Clinton's inauguration

Sorry, I mean "I Had a Dream."

Bitch, you even LISTEN to the song first?

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 701/24/2013

Sorry, link:

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 101/23/2013

Yes, she knows what she's singing about.

It's a brilliant re-interpretation of the song with Martin Luther King's I HAD A DREAM serving as it's point of view. It is MLK by whose side she stood in Summer (in the great Civil Rights Marches) and who was gone (assasinated) when Autumn came.

Clinton was the first President who seemed connected to the teachings of MLK, and her singing this song with this concept as his inauguration was a thrilling choice.

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 201/23/2013

It's not a re-interpretation, r2, she sings different words.

There is nothing in I Dreamed a Dream that pertains to MLK but the word "Dream."

She changes "He slept a summer by my side" to "He walked a summer by my side." She probably heard the song once, and I doubt her fatass would fit into a theater seat to see a production of Les Mis and see how "I Dreamed a Dream" is NOT a song you want to associate with MLK.

Aretha is just a narcissistic loudmouth who thinks she owns the world. She may as well have a sang "Don't Cry for Me, MLK Jr."

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 301/24/2013

Aretha should have sang "One Day More", doing all the different characters.

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 401/24/2013

Yes, R3, a re-interpretation would include CHANGING THE LYRICS.

Aretha passes wind with more feeling and more harmonious notes than Beyonce, The Singing Wig could ever hope to reach.

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 501/24/2013

Barbra Streisand really upstaged Aretha that night. I remember she was wearing a masculine power suit but her clevage was ample.

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 601/24/2013

WTF if the point of singing a song if you have to change the lyrics to fit your agenda?

Aretha is lazy.

by Beyonce, at least i know what i'm singing 'boutreply 701/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.