Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Donald Trump Wants To Buy The New York Times

Business Insider probably had it right when it called any Trump bid a "very expensive venture that will go nowhere."

But let's hope Trump tries. It would be enormously entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

Bad choice, Trump. The New York Times is on the decline. I predict that in the future, there won't be all these different news companies, there'll just be one.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

They'd never sell to the Donald because of his right wing beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

That's the whole point R2, he thinks they aren't right wing enough.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Why doesn't he just buy Wal-Mart? He seems like a Wal-Mart type of guy.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Totalitarianism always seeks to stifle dissent and independent thought.

Intern the intellectuals. The U.S. Cultural Revolution has been proceeding apace for over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

If he did the name would either be changed to The Trump New York Times or else simply The New York Trump.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

Oi, innat cute? He wants to be me!

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

[quote]I predict that in the future, there won't be all these different news companies, there'll just be one.

There's all kinds of legislation already in the US that prevents that ever happening, so I would say your predictions are false.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

That's not true R10. Indeed, it already happened long ago. It's called "The Associated Press."

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

[quote]if you ignore The Times first section which is totally Left, it's a great paper

That must be why they were such vigorous proponents of the idea that Saddam Hussein had a vast arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction. All the "lefties" were salivating at the prospect of war in Iraq, right?

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

"Left" - paper reports things truthfully as they happen, instead of focusing on manufactured Republican talking points.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

Rupert Murdock will buy it when it gets cheap enough.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Rupert is dying, I'd wager.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

No one reads papers anymore, unless they're a million.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

I'm not stupid enough to pay for an account so I'll ask the question here and one of you that is, can start a thread for me.

Why is it that when you want to do the anal, the other guy doesn't want to? Is it because I'm 9" and they find that intimidating? Or do you feel it's a manifestation of some deeper seeded problem?

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

They're just not that into you, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

Is that you, Rupert? It surely isn't Donald Dickless.

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Times is centrist, Republican newspaper.

Against rent stabilization, for instance. Javits, Bloomberg, etc. Liberal slash Republican. Paper of property, professional classes.

Not on your side, my dear working persons. But US working persons usually reactionary right wing, protective of lower realm against depredations of lowest classes and newest immigration wave.

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

r13, The Times didn't report that Hitler was wiping out Jews in Europe until long after only publications made it known. What did the Jewush Sulzberger family have to gain by keeping his informtion hidden?

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

The NY Times is socially left of center, economically a tad right of center. It's an establishment paper.

Trump will never get it.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!